• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Nintendo Thread: Mii Nintendo, U Nintendo, Wii Nintendo

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Eeeh, I'll gladly take more 3DS themes

Though yes, I do wish they'd hurry up & confirm themes for the Switch.

RedColumn

Finally something good to spend the Gold coins!!
My Nintendo Europe:
xq4j0Ke.png

EDIT:

For Nintendo 3DS:
Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo (50 Gold coins)
Zen Pinball 3D (50 Gold coins)

For Wii U:
art of balance (90 Gold coins)
Runner 2 (100 Gold coins)

Putosaure

My Nintendo Europe:
xq4j0Ke.png

EDIT:

For Nintendo 3DS:

For Wii U:

Perfect, I had 50 points expiring this month.

Shiggy

I have 120 gold points expire next month, so that's much better than the Swapdoodle stuff. Guess I'll be getting Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo and Zen Pinball then.

My Nintendo Europe:
xq4j0Ke.png

EDIT:

For Nintendo 3DS:

For Wii U:

Urm. Well, runner two is a good game at least, and I vaguely remember hearing decent things about art of balance.

Of course, I bought runner years ago and wouldn't play the others...

zigg

My Nintendo Europe:
xq4j0Ke.png

EDIT:

For Nintendo 3DS:

For Wii U:
I liked Super Little Acorns, though at that time in my life I was playing every new game for five minutes so I can't speak to its staying power.

Seems like a pretty decent way to spend gold coins though.

I liked Super Little Acorns, though at that time in my life I was playing every new game for five minutes so I can't speak to its staying power.

Seems like a pretty decent way to spend gold coins though.

It's better than nothing but it's hardly good. I want limited edition SNES joycons with a d-pad goddamit!

Or a Lynel plushie.

They're coming with the SNES Classic 😄

This I would go for.

But I wouldn't expect any of this for buying less than one digital game, heh. 200+ coins minimum; 50 would be a steal.

Oh yeah - there should be good stuff but you will need to work for it. None of this 12 months expiration though. The whole point is to incentivize purchases. I'm not incentivized by wallpapers or even ancient middle-ranking indie games on an old system. I would be incentivized by cool stuff like limited edition controllers or nerdy, exclusive toys and other junk...or even just new games.

Obviously everyone understands that and I'm preaching to the converted but still

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I just learned this week that you can get gold coins from physical games on Switch. Unless there was an update, I thought you could only get them from digital purchases. (I'm going to guess that you can't for physical 3DS, though?)

I just learned this week that you can get gold coins from physical games on Switch. Unless there was an update, I thought you could only get them from digital purchases. (I'm going to guess that you can't for physical 3DS, though?)

It's been like that since launch.

fernoca

Also you only earn a fraction of the coins. Like 6 or so, depending on the game. But yeah, it was announced before launch and then the values confirmed after.

You press + on the game tile, then check MyNyntendo options.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
No you have to do it manually on your switch. If you don't need the coins, you can wait til 2019 to redeem them.

Yeah I had no idea, because it wasn't an automatic thing. It wasn't until a news message poppef up on my Switch, did I realize it :/

I redeemed one game to test it, and good to know that you can save them up. I think I gad Splatoon 2 in and it gave me 12 coins. I might just unload and get the Pikmin short movies. Something kinda nice and exclusive, since I don't want coupons or themes etc.

jholmes

My Nintendo Europe:
xq4j0Ke.png

EDIT:

For Nintendo 3DS:

For Wii U:

Art of Balance and Runner 2 are both good fun, sure beats letting coins expire.

Haven't played Zen Pinball on 3DS but really liked it on Wii U. Good tables.

-shadow-

yes -___-

it's always the ones we already bought, just like the Pikmin one :<
Luckily I didn't have the Pikmin one, but this one stings... Stings line ink to the eyes ;_;

Edit: seems I still have this month and next before point start expiring. Guess I'm holding on in vain...

Will get Project Zero 2 Wii Edition the final day I can at least

Ysarus

Well, it's been a while since we've had new actual rewards! I'm not a huge pinball player but I went for Zen Pinball 3D and it's pretty great. Let's hope they keep offering full games in the coming months...

-shadow-

I'm actually rather surprised we never got a single full game since the launch of the service until now (or atleast, not that I can think of). That Zelda Picross game, Metroid Fusion and Wario Ware Touched are the only ones I can think of. Two of which were made specifically for the service (or one atleast repackaged). Shame we haven't had more of that kind of software.

Top Bottom