• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Nintendo Thread: Mii Nintendo, U Nintendo, Wii Nintendo

iphys

So discounts used to be 30% and now are 40%?

"Up to" 40% off, so I wouldn't get my hopes up it will be many of them. We've had 40% off before for Street Fighter and I think one Nintendo game a few months ago. For some reason Europe and Japan seem to get the bigger discounts more frequently.

New option on the Nintendo Account website:

Services With Access to Account Information
(This is a list of services with which you consented to share Nintendo Account information.
Note: This does not include services provided by Nintendo.)

A nod to the Switch's multimedia future I guess.

Shiggy

You sure, Shiggy? The PR is really confusing.

When I look at the actual PR document here:

http://gonintendo.com/stories/284070-nintendo-download-june-29-2017-expand-your-adventures-in-hyrul

To me it reads as though they are suggesting some games to play on your summer vacation, and then in a separate section are discussing current and upcoming MyN rewards. Maybe you are correct and it's just unclearly formatted, though.

Pretty sure. Here's the actual press release with proper formatting. GoNintendo messed it up completely.

screenshot2017-06-30anasxc.png

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...Nintendo-Download-Expand-Adventures-Hyrule...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
- Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone (3DS) 30% off (900 platinum coins)
- Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii U) 30% off (600 platinum coins)
- Mario Sports Mix (Wii U) 20% off (400 platinum coins)
- Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (3DS) 30% off (600 platinum coins)

- Art Academy: Home Studio (Wii U) 30% off (70 gold coins)
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (3DS) 30% off (50 gold coins)
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U) 30% off (50 gold coins)
- Super Paper Mario (Wii U) 40% off (60 gold coins)
- Pocket Card Jockey (3DS) 30% off (20 gold coins)
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS) 40% off (90 gold coins)
- Mario Golf: World Tour (3DS) 30% off (70 gold coins)
- Picross 3D Round 2 (3DS) 40% off (90 gold coins)

- Swapdoodle DLC - Animal Crossing Basic Lessons (30 gold coins)
- Swapdoodle DLC - Prehistoric Life (30 gold coins)
- Swapdoodle DLC - LoZ: Ocarina of Time (30 gold coins)

I can gladly recommend Picross 3D Round 2 & Pocket Card Jockey.

zroid

Banned
90 gold coins for picross oh my

well I suppose I may as well go for it. no use waiting for a proper sale and I have the gold coins to burn.

Dyle

Didn't have enough to pick up Picross, so I settled for Pocket Card Jockey. The demo is still the longest single session I've played on 3DS so it should be a good fit.

zigg

I feel like Nintendo has been moving toward charging more and more for the same piddly discounts over time, probably because their stats tell them people are sitting on tons of gold coins.

This whole program has been a disaster.

zroid

Banned
Went with 40% off Picross 3D Round 2! So glad I held off buying this for the inevitable reward.

honestly i would have bought it day 1 if not for the canadian markup

i'd been pining for the game for long enough, but $45 is just crazy to me

glad to take advantage of this offer, even though it only brings it to just under the US regular price!

iphys

I feel like Nintendo has been moving toward charging more and more for the same piddly discounts over time, probably because their stats tell them people are sitting on tons of gold coins.

This whole program has been a disaster.

It sucked when they went from free games to start with to just 30% discounts, but I think they've been pretty consistent with the value of the coins and I'm glad to at least see 40% discounts becoming more common. 30% discounts kind of suck, especially since they usually end up offering them during regular sales anyway, and they've been bad for sometimes offering up a discount for coins and then going and putting the identical game on sale for everyone right after people just blew their coins to buy the discount.

Gvitor

You're fucking telling me they released the July rewards a day early after I spent most of my expiring coins?!!!

It's not like there's anything good in the new rewards either.

I have 40 gold coins expiring today and no idea what I'm going to do with them

iphys

You're fucking telling me they released the July rewards a day early after I spent most of my expiring coins?!!!

They didn't want to have to come in to work on a Saturday I guess. I thought that was weird they were announcing new rewards for a Saturday.

Is it weird I was super glad that the Art Academy: Home Studio discount was for Gold coins and not Platinum? I actually have stuff to use those on.

So 70 coins for 30% off and $30 digital-only game. I spent 8p coins two months ago for the same situation with Rhythm Heaven.

At least with this and possibly the HD Pikmin movies I'll have taken care of the 100 I have expiring in July. Hopefully something decent will come mid-month.

I'm hoping that when September rolls around a discount off Other M will be for Gold Coins.

This doesn't solve this issue of me, and I'm sure a ton of others, having like a 1000 FE Heroes Platinum coins expire next month. They need to bloody free them from being restricted to the game they were earned in.

I already got Pocket Card Jockey at the start of the year when it was also on sale for 30% off for MyNintendo members (20% off for everyone else).

Yeah that sucks. Someone did not want to work July 4th weekend.

It's not like there's anything good in the new rewards either.

I have 40 gold coins expiring today and no idea what I'm going to do with them

3DS Pikmin and Yoshi Themes the "ultimate I'll just take them".

10 more to get some Pikmin movies.

bumpkin

If they offered a discount on the Mario Golf: World Tour DLC, I'd be all over that. They seem to be psychic though, and only ever offer discounts on the stuff I already own. :(

Gvitor

I think I'll grab the SM64 Wii U discount. I've been meaning to replay it for forever now, though I'm sure I'll grab the discount and forget about actually using it.

...my Kid Icarus of Myths and Monsters must be expiring by now

I'll never get over not getting New Super Luigi U.

Ondore

zroid reminded me on Twitter that at least in Canada, you get 40 Gold for buying Picross 3D Round 2, even with the discount applied.

SMD

I'd be much more likely to buy VC games if I knew what the situation was with Switch VC. If I have to buy them all over again, fuck off Nintendo.

well this is garbage... they switched over early and now my coins are going to expire with nothing I want. I was going to buy WarioWare but even though it says it changes over at 4am, the reward is gone

Shiggy

The European version added a bunch of bad deals, extended the availability of Swapnote content, and added two My Nintendo exclusive Swapnote packs. The latter are available with platinum points.

Picross and Rhythm Heaven have been the only two good deals on the service. Pretty sad.

I would also include Art Academy: Home Studio. Like Rhythm Heaven it's a $30 digital-only in NS game. Looking at reviews online it's apparently the best Art Academy.

I still can't believe that this service is treating discount sales that you'd get in every other service as normal sales as "rewards".

Switch retail games.

Oh forgot about those.

Yeah these discounts were their old sales.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I didn't remember how useless Swapnote was. The new backgrounds look alright.

That's why I so surprised you wanted to content, even for free.

You forgot it so much, you didn't even remember the name properly lol (Swapdoodle).

Figured I'd get Picross and went on MN to find that 25 gold coins have just expired so now I only have 80.

Haha. All that's done is cost them a sale, what a stupid system.

Shiggy

That's why I so surprised you wanted to content, even for free.

You forgot it so much, you didn't even remember the name properly lol (Swapdoodle).

I still think it's better than having your points expire. I have about 100 gold points expire next month, and with nothing else available I'll have to buy those packs most likely.

I always forget about the English name, it's called Kritzelpost on my 3DS.

bumpkin

I'm tempted to bite on the discount on the Wii version of Punch-Out!! on Wii U... How do the Wii VC games work on Wii U? Do you play on your TV, or does it switch into Wii mode and you have to use a Wii remote and play on the GamePad?

Ondore

You choose whether to play just on the TV, or on the TV+Gamepad. Either way, if the game didn't have Pro Controller support back in the day you have to use the Wii Remote.

I'm tempted to bite on the discount on the Wii version of Punch-Out!! on Wii U... How do the Wii VC games work on Wii U? Do you play on your TV, or does it switch into Wii mode and you have to use a Wii remote and play on the GamePad?

Essentially it switches to Wii Mode once you select the game off the Wii U Menu. Unless the game originally supported the Classic Controller it exactly the same as playing a disc of the game on Wii U.

The games available you can play with just the Gamepad are Xenoblade Chronicles, Lost in Shadow, Pandoras's Tower and Sin and Punishment 2.

TheMoon

Essentially it switches to Wii Mode once you select the game off the Wii U Menu. Unless the game originally supported the Classic Controller it exactly the same as playing a disc of the game on Wii U.

The games available you can play with just the Gamepad are Xenoblade Chronicles, Lost in Shadow, Pandoras's Tower and Sin and Punishment 2.

Lost in Shadow does not support the Classic Controller. Unless they forgot to put that into the PAL release.

From a thread from February last year:

All of them that have Classic Controller support. RE4 is the only exception.

Classic Controller support / supports Wii U GamePad controls
Donkey Kong Country Returns - NO
Kirby's Epic Yarn - NO
Kirby's Return to Dream Land - NO
Mario Sports Mix - YES
Metroid Prime: Trilogy - NO
Muramasa: The Demon Blade- YES
New Super Mario Bros. Wii - NO
Pandora's Tower - YES
PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure - NO
Punch-Out!! - NO
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition - NO (despite having CC support)
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor - YES
Super Mario Galaxy - NO
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - NO
Trauma Team - NO
Xenoblade Chronicles - YES
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure - NO
Zangeki no Reginleiv - YES

A bit outdated now.
(Project Zero 2: Wii Edition is also a no, of course.

Steiner

Banned
Here are all of the new discounts so y'all can peep 'em at a glance:

Platinum Coin Rewards:
Pikmin 3 Wii U - 15% Off (300 Coins)
Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone 3DS - 30% Off (900 Coins)
Donkey Kong Country Returns Wii U - 30% Off (600 Coins)
Mario Sports Mix Wii U - 20% Off (400 Coins)
Animale Crossing Happy Home Designer 3DS - 30% Off (600 Coins)
The Legend of Zelda Windwaker HD Wii U - 15% Off (300 Coins)
Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS - 15% Off (300 Coins)
Mario Kart 64 Wii U - 20% Off (200 Coins)
Super Mario World N3DS - 20% Off (160 Coins)

Gold Coin Rewards:
Pocket Card Jockey 3DS - 30% Off (20 Coins)
Mario Golf World Tour Wii U - 30% Off (70 Coins)
Picross 3D Round 2 3DS - 40% Off (90 Coins)
Art Academy: Home Studio Wii U - 30% Off (70 Coins)
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3DS - 30% Off (50 Coins)
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker Wii U - 30% Off (50 Coins)
Super Paper Mario Wii U - 40% Off (60 Coins)
New Super Mario Bros. 2 3DS - 40% Off (90 Coins)
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon 3DS - 20% Off (30 Coins)
Tomodachi Life 3DS - 20% Off (30 Coins)
Mario Party 10 Wii U - 30% Off (70 Coins)
Super Mario 64 Wii U - 30% Off (30 Coins)
Punch Out!! Wii U - 30% Off (30 Coins)
Super Punch Out Wii U / 3DS - 30% Off (20 Coins)
Punch-Out!! Wii U / 3DS - 30% Off (20 Coins)
Super Street Fighter II Wii U - 40% Off (30 Coins)
Super Street Fighter IV 3DS - 40% Off (60 Coins)
Pikmin Wii U - 30% Off (50 Coins)
Street Fighter Alpha 2 3DS - 40% Off (30 Coins)
Yoshi's Island Wii U - 30% Off (20 Coins)

Top Bottom