• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

The faces in this game are driving me insane man, every character looks so amazing.

Coming from Banana hair Ken in SF5, this feels worlds apart.

Stolen from reddit:

utrovdq29yry.png

The nose is now sharper, bottom lip is fuller, face is generally slimmer too.

Plus the lighting is much better here. Hair is also different.

Khezu

If it's from the mobile game then that look will probably be in the base game as well.
Everything from the mobile has shown up in the console version so far.

I hope she has similar skin shades as Swamp Thing.
I know it would be weird, but I think she would look cool with like a dark red autumn leaf skin.

Wow, they seriously nailed her model. Can't wait to see her more in depth, it's about time she made it into a fighter.

I'm actually kind of considering picking up Injustice 1 and banging the story mode out in that one real quick, since I didn't really play it much. Is the PS4 version good?

stn

Give me TAS Poison Ivy. Also, I pre-ordered the ultimate edition for XBone, saved $26 through Prime.

If it's from the mobile game then that look will probably be in the base game as well.
Everything from the mobile has shown up in the console version so far.

I hope she has similar skin shades as Swamp Thing.
I know it would be weird, but I think she would look cool with like a dark red autumn leaf skin.

We know that the shaders do change skin colour so I'm really excited to see what the possibilities are for Poison Ivy.

vg260

Wow, they seriously nailed her model. Can't wait to see her more in depth, it's about time she made it into a fighter.

I'm actually kind of considering picking up Injustice 1 and banging the story mode out in that one real quick, since I didn't really play it much. Is the PS4 version good?

It's fine, but I honestly wouldn't recommend it at this point unless you can get it for about $5. Otherwise, just watch the story mode online.

Ryce

I can't go back to the first game after seeing so much of Injustice 2. It just looks so freaking bad -- everything's so dull and drab and the character models are terrible.

sinkfla87

Cool, I think I'll do just that. Thanks.

If you can get it for cheap, I say grab it. There are new mechanics and veteran characters have some changes from Injustice 1 but you can learn some of their playstyles, combos that will still work, etc. Just excuse the fact that compared to IJ2, the first game looks like straight ass haha. And if you get it for PS4, I'll be more than happy to play with you.

Checked tumblr and saw a friend posting some older Wonder Woman panels and this jumped out to me from a team-up issue where she takes on the "father of all monsters" with Ivy:

Ivy creating battle armor is a really cool thing.

MrCarter

I still think Supergirls face looks weird but it was better than before - just wish they were more expressive like in SFV. As for the character models they look great when they are static but as usual with NRS they feel rigid in motion. I played the first one from PS+ so will definitely try this out and see if they have improved.

sinkfla87

Cool! :) @everyone who wanted to see more Aquaman, he's used in the first match.

Thank you everyone! I know not everybody can be a pro but if you play fighting games a lot then you're probably like me and cringing when people can't play the game at ALL. haha. It hurts my soul.

Thank you everyone! I know not everybody can be a pro but if you play fighting games a lot then you're probably like me and cringing when people can't play the game at ALL. haha. It hurts my soul.

Hahaha. I haven't checked out the footage yet, but now I'm not sure I want to expose myself to that cringe.

vg260

Hahaha. I haven't checked out the footage yet, but now I'm not sure I want to expose myself to that cringe.

Nothing really worth watching. I can't say too much negative. I kinda feel bad when videos are posted of people at shows or events just trying to play the game and they get blasted for not knowing what they're doing. Everyone's gotta learn sometime. I'm sure I'd look pretty dumb playing a shooter or a real-time strategy game.

sinkfla87

Nothing really worth watching. I can't say too much negative. I kinda feel bad when videos are posted of people at shows or events just trying to play the game and they get blasted for not knowing what they're doing. Everyone's gotta learn sometime. I'm sure I'd look pretty dumb playing a shooter or a real-time strategy game.

Lol you're right. And I do feel bad for pointing it out because like you said, it wouldn't be much different from me going on stage and trying to play counter strike (which would be awfully embarrassing). It's just a bummer when a game you're looking forward to and chomping at the bits for more footage of gets demonstrated on stage by people who are completely unfamiliar with more than likely NRS games. Not those players fault by any means, I'd just think management would try to find people that they know are more familiar with it. People are going to watch that video and go "oh fuck, NRS jank. They were right. Look how stiff that animation is!" Lol.

Btw, you going to be online at all tonight? You know I can't say much about those people because you whooped my ass a few times in KOF! ;)

I hope the arcade endings are good this time around. I felt like MKX's were a big step down in regards to the art and actual content compared to MK9 and IJ1.

CaptainKashup

Neo Member
So, I saw this picture of the up-coming Injustice 2 comic and something just hit me.

Where's Flash ? He's the only major hero who's missing from this.
I'm beginning to really believe Flash's going to try and redeem himself self-sacrifice style..

So, I saw this picture of the up-coming Injustice 2 comic and something just hit me.

Where's Flash ? He's the only major hero who's missing from this.
I'm beginning to really believe Flash's going to try and redeem himself self-sacrifice style..

I could absolutely see Flash redeeming himself in a manner reflective of his many sacrifices across DC media. It also speaks volumes that DC's major heroes appear to be presenting a united front against Brainiac. I'm expecting the threat of Brainiac to bring the splintered heroes and possibly villains together. I think the scene in one of the most recent trailers featuring Batman and Superman
around the Justice League's "round table"
is telling of this. Honestly, regardless of how much we can speculate, it's exciting how much we don't know about Injustice 2's campaign and the direction it's going to take us.

I bought the first game (Steam/GMG) a few days ago, only put in about a half hour so far but just on the normal difficulty holy shit I suck.

Perineum

I'm mildly interested in picking this up when it hits as I had a fun time with MKX for a few months.

Going into this I am wondering if anyone knows:

How similar does it play to MKX? (never played Injustice 1) Block button will be here I take it?

Of the cast we have seen so far who is most similar to Takeda playstyle? Scarecrow?

In most fighters I feel I excel with the big guys, Gief, Hugo, Potemkin, etc but in NR games that never seems like the case as the big cast is joke tier or just lacks enough tools. Anyone heard if the bigger cast characters are worth a toss in this game? AKA Bane, Grodd, etc.

I'm mildly interested in picking this up when it hits as I had a fun time with MKX for a few months.

Going into this I am wondering if anyone knows:

How similar does it play to MKX? (never played Injustice 1) Block button will be here I take it?

Of the cast we have seen so far who is most similar to Takeda playstyle? Scarecrow?

In most fighters I feel I excel with the big guys, Gief, Hugo, Potemkin, etc but in NR games that never seems like the case as the big cast is joke tier or just lacks enough tools. Anyone heard if the bigger cast characters are worth a toss in this game? AKA Bane, Grodd, etc.
It is similar to MKX in the sense that the combos are all done in the same fashion, and that the game has interactables and generally a high level of movement.

However there is no block button. You have to hold back to block like Street Fighter or KoF.

The game also has more variety in terms of characters since unlike MKX, not everyone can just straight up run towards you so there are more "fixed" archetypes like the slow but powerful grappler, the nimble but squishy zoner, etc, etc.

If you like big characters then Grodd and Bane seem to be the best option for you. You MIGHT even like Swamp thing but it's ultimately up to you of course. And yes, Bane was VERY good in the first game with people winning tournaments with him.

We can't REALLY say who fits the Takeda playstyle since there were 3 variations with him and we have only seen breakdowns of the characters and not even all of them. Though I'm sure there's gotta be someone.

To be honest, I personally like Injustice's combat system much more than Mortal Kombats. Not that I don't enjoy MK but this is just more my speed.

delSai

Checked tumblr and saw a friend posting some older Wonder Woman panels and this jumped out to me from a team-up issue where she takes on the "father of all monsters" with Ivy:

Ivy creating battle armor is a really cool thing.

Would be cool if she had this as gear or perhaps as an ability that gives her armor or something like that.

So if shaders can change skin color can they also change hair? And does the next issue of the comic come out today or Wednesday?
I think some characters hair can be changed with their regular head gear piece. Pretty sure that's the case with Canary.

Top Bottom