• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

elty

Sweet Creezy I'm so mad at myself. I've checked for months and months on Amazon for the Collector's Edition and figured it hadn't been available for pre-order yet. Lo and behold, I glance at this thread today and see that pre-orders were cut off yesterday.

I guess it serves me right for only checking Amazon, but goddamn if I'm not upset about it.

Guess I'll have to overpay on ebay.

Well you can buy the EU version from Zavvi.

DarkPanda

It's been updated... with Goal 2 completed and Goal 3 at 16%. Still at 0 days remaining though and no news posts, so I don't know if this is just an automatic update or if they're really going to extend the deadline again.

It's been updated... with Goal 2 completed and Goal 3 at 16%. Still at 0 days remaining though and no news posts, so I don't know if this is just an automatic update or if they're really going to extend the deadline again.

does that mean we reached it? fuck yeah. hope they post on fb tomorrow

Busaiku

JEftU.jpg

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
So GS is getting an exclusive steelcase and Amazon is getting exclusive DLC critters; and the Wizard Edition gets neither?

sadface

Strange that they would even mention goal 3 since they aren't taking any more preorders, so it's not possible to reach... Maybe they are thinking of opening up preorders again?

graywolf323

I feel bad for you. I've been tracking this game for over a year so when I saw thta it was available for preorder and would be cut off by the end of August, I waited to the end of the month and pulled the trigger. I'm glad that they decided to do it this way so they could accurately create a reasonable amount of the game to make the English CE version an actual collectible item.

I feel like some people were confused and didn't realize that preorders for the Wizard Edition would end at the beginning of this month (some thought it was just a cut off for the extras from ninostarter). I hope you're able to find one w/o having to pay too much extra.
ugh that sucks, I really wanted the book but couldn't afford it yet

Does the NamcoBandai store receives Entropay cards or PayPal? I'm in Latin America and want to preorder this, but I dont have a NA's credit card.

EDIT: Nevermind. They accept PayPal.

EDIT2: FUUUUUUUCK!!!! Can't preorder... :(

You can't preorder any more.
If you missed it, you're out of luck.

It really was limited. Not to be a dick to those that missed out, but i hope they don't open up the orders again. One of the reasons i jumped on this was because of its TRULY limited nature, not the joke "limited" editions we get on most games these days.

randomkid

It really was limited. Not to be a dick to those that missed out, but i hope they don't open up the orders again. One of the reasons i jumped on this was because of its TRULY limited nature, not the joke "limited" editions we get on most games these days.

Haha this is still pretty dickish, mainly because everyone deserves to experience the book! I'm not a collector so keeping this sealed has no appeal for me, the priority should be to allow people to be able to page through that thing in English.

Haha this is still pretty dickish, mainly because everyone deserves to experience the book! I'm not a collector so keeping this sealed has no appeal for me, the priority should be to allow people to be able to page through that thing in English.

Yeah, that's just the collector in me talking. I see the altruistic side of things, and i get that, but the collector in me is like Golem in LOTR.... my precious

RPGCrazied

Is there an import review somewhere I could read? I know next to nothing about the game, other than what has been shown at E3 and what not.

Lucent

Is there an import review somewhere I could read? I know next to nothing about the game, other than what has been shown at E3 and what not.

I've seen youtube videos of the game being played by a guy who imported it and he sort of commented on it as he played and went over how it plays and stuff. I don't remember what his name was or what the video was called. It is kinda weird that there aren't more reviews when the game has been out as long as it has. And you know there are those impatient or Japanese literate people out there who got it.

Based on what I've seen, I know I'll like it. Def has that old school RPG feel to it. World map (sup FFXIII), purple dragon to fly around on over said map, a handful of likeable characters, and the combat system looks like a mix of turn-based and real time.

canedaddy

Really wanted this but couldn't swing the full price for preorder right now. Hope they at least have a special edition with the book later on. And Drippy. :p

Um, this is bad. I ordered the game, using PayPal to pay to make sure my money was taken immediately so I wouldn't have a surprise charge in January. I was noticing that PayPal wasn't taking any money, and wondering about it. Well, I just got an email from Namco-Bandai, saying because I hadn't paid in 3 days, they were canceling the order, and if I wanted to fix it, I'd have to re-order from their website.

Which of course isnt possible.

Slermy

Um, this is bad. I ordered the game, using PayPal to pay to make sure my money was taken immediately so I wouldn't have a surprise charge in January. I was noticing that PayPal wasn't taking any money, and wondering about it. Well, I just got an email from Namco-Bandai, saying because I hadn't paid in 3 days, they were canceling the order, and if I wanted to fix it, I'd have to re-order from their website.

Welcome to Digital River's customer service. I had them ship me the wrong SKU on a title on sale during holiday sales last year (e-mail clearly showed I had ordered the correct SKU), and by the time I had received my package and saw it was the wrong one, the sale was over. They also directed me to re-order if from the website and would not do anything to help. I also had to pay for the return shipping after they FINALLY accepted a return.

Horrible, horrible company. I bit on this Wizard Edition, but only because I really want that book.

Lucent

That sucks. =( I just used my debit card.

Ouch. Sorry, bro :(

Top Bottom