• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy UNPACKED 2017 [Galaxy S8 Official Presentation - 11AM EDT - 17:00 CET)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who is holding a s8 plus as I type the curves are pretty much a non factor. S7 edge vs s8 is major diffrence in hand.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn I thought he was about to announce an integrated 1Pass solution or something.

Slick presentation thus far though.

EDIT: wellthereitis.gif

I wanted the white one, but the sensors at the top look horrible on anything other than black (as you can't see them).

I don't think there is one with a white front? Think they were all skins.

All colour options have a black front, which I don't like because of the two tone finish (if you don't go for the all black option).

kiguel182

All your biometric data! Give it to us!

They really should address where that data is stored but I guess we know they'll have it.

If this was all stored on your device it would be good but I doubt it.

unrealist

I don't know if it's just me, but it looks like the S7 Edge with less bezels and improve suite of software (based on the presentation thus far).

kiguel182

One of the things I appreciate Apple doing is telling you that their data collection anonymous or that the info is stored on your phone and they don't have access to that. Assuming it's true at least.

Samsung and Google have a much less trustworthy side to them. And I say this as someone who uses Google Drive and Gmail.

I like Apples approach better on this fields for sure.

My contract ends next month for my Galaxy S5 so I guess I'll move onto the S8. This phone is starting to sound like my dream phone.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just what I've always wanted, to get ads for local restaurants when I'm trying to take a photo.
Yes, I realize you have to activate Bixby first

Also Bixby logo looks like that of a local community centre or something.

I love these examples that don't apply to 90 per cent of the users.

"Your morning Uber!"

Let me connect to my smart refrigerator to see what I need to buy while I'm at the grocery store.

That's bull shit. I imagine that people with that lifestyle live somewhere where Prime Now exists and you'd just have amazon deliver your kung pao chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom