• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 1.04 Patch Notes - [Patch 1.05 Has Been Released On 360/PS3 U.S. & 360 EU]

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
JVIDICAN said:
Double + man! ;_;
lol. I'm scurred.

Don't be. The big jump is from NG to NG+. Every successive + after that is a pretty small increase by comparison.

Wool

I know I should be happy, but I'm 90 hours in and suddenly they make getting all of that rare crap easy? I guess if my +5 occult Washing Pole with 50 faith finally does more damage than a +10 fire falchion then I can't complain, but the day 1 people really got the shaft if they put a lot of time into the game.

Also glad I did not splurge on the strategy guide.

hteng

Banned
i find the problem with NG+ 4 kings isn't their damage, it's more about your damage and their health. Iron flesh is useless if you can't kill them fast enough.

What about the glitch where I just had to pay 100K Souls for absolution because some dickhead enemy fell off a cliff while I was in the Forest Covenant, HMM? :mad:

Air Zombie Meat said:
Will be interesting to see what enemy placements are altered.
Oh man, maybe by tomorrow night when i get home from work the Londo Archers will be gone

Or they could fuck me and fix their A.I. pathing.

Orayn

Giolon said:
I'm feeling really stupid for buying the Xbox 360 version right now. :(
If we got the day-one patch to 1.03, we'll get this. It might be a little late, but we'll get it.

shiroryu

I don't mind the sorcery damage nerf if they've really improved the casting time on the Soul Series. It was annoying as hell to have to backpedal down narrow corridors and stand still for what counts as an eternity in DkS when casting.

Especially when the spell would fly over the head of whatever's coming after you.

Crystal Ring Shield nerf, wtf lol. And I was considering taking out Moonlight insect first.

def sim

Giolon said:
I'm feeling really stupid for buying the Xbox 360 version right now. :(

We're getting this info from a Japanese site and there is no 360 version there. We received every patch at the same time, I doubt that's going to change now.

Sarcasm

maomaoIYP said:
Asian. Stuff from Amazon takes 2 weeks to reach me.

Also in Asia. But I find it cheaper to ship to my sister in USA than have her ship it.

Not only is it cheaper..it doesn't take two weeks. Typically 7 to 9 days.

54-46!

So did they nerf any of the elemental weapons?

I will probably stick with my +5 Thunder Iato through out my first playthrough and create a +15 Normal in NG+.

john tv

lowhighkang_LHK said:
Yeah - PS3 patch isn't out in NA. Hopefully there isn't some extra retarded North American based approval process.
Oh really? Sucky! I thought it would go live everywhere at the same time.

Yo Gotti

Banned
Thank God they nerfed Crystal Ring Shield. Dumbest thing in the game imo.

But umm, did the BK Great Axe really get buffed?

:) :) :) :) :)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yo Gotti said:
Thank God they nerfed Crystal Ring Shield. Dumbest thing in the game imo.

But umm, did the BK Great Axe really get buffed?

:) :) :) :) :)
LOL at bitching about Crystal ring sheild which only has pve uses. But then being happy that one of the best weapons in the game for pvp got buffed.

Yo Gotti

Banned
QisTopTier said:
LOL at bitching about Crystal ring sheild which only has pve uses. But then being happy that one of the best weapons in the game for pvp got buffed.

What? Crystal Ring Shield is insanely overpowered for PVP, it's a 1 hit KO everytime, horrible weapon. TWOP + CRS is pretty much automatic win.

And yea that was sort of an ironic jab at the BK Great Axe. :)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yo Gotti said:
What? Crystal Ring Shield is insanely overpowered for PVP, it's a 1 hit KO everytime. TWOP + CRS is pretty much automatic win.

And yea that was sort of an ironic jab at the BK Great Axe. :)

No that's not instant win in pvp wtf. Ive beaten people that have done that and I've been beaten trying it.

The only thing really bad in pvp was fog ring and that's just cause it negated some stuff. Walk was stupid sure, but it wasn't instant death for you if you knew how to do shit and had the gear to swap around on the fly to counter it.

Tranquil walk is still going to be good btw it barely got nerfed at all.

Yo Gotti

Banned
QisTopTier said:
No that's not instant win in pvp wtf. Ive beaten people that have done that and I've been beaten trying it.

The only thing really bad in pvp was fog ring and that's just cause it negated some stuff. Walk was stupid sure, but it wasn't instant death for you if you knew how to do shit and had the gear to swap around on the fly to counter it.

Tranquil walk is still going to be good btw it barely got nerfed at all.

Don't care about TWOP by itself, that spell has its uses, as long as they're patching out things that are easily abused in combination with it I'm happy. Crystal Ring shield was bullshit all around, 2X damage of your main weapon, really? If you survived a hit from it the people you were up against just didn't know how to use it.

Dresden

The problem with the CRS in pvp is that the terribly long wind-up will just get you smashed and killed.

It was mainly good for cheesing stuff in the game like, say, bosses... and I'm glad they're fixing it.

maomaoIYP

Sarcasm said:
Also in Asia. But I find it cheaper to ship to my sister in USA than have her ship it.

Not only is it cheaper..it doesn't take two weeks. Typically 7 to 9 days.

Damn. I don't have a sister.

Carcetti

Wonder what this means for something like a pure dex character? I've wanted to make one but didnt' yet because of the stupid lightning weapon OPness.

Carcetti said:
Wonder what this means for something like a pure dex character? I've wanted to make one but didnt' yet because of the stupid lightning weapon OPness.

More than likely, it means that DEX +15 weapons will handily out-do Lightning weapons in most cases.

Giolon

rance said:
We're getting this info from a Japanese site and there is no 360 version there. We received every patch at the same time, I doubt that's going to change now.

There's a difference between a launch day patch that actually fixes broken features, and a post-release mostly balance and minor bug fix patch. I really do hope I'm wrong bc I want these changes badly.

def sim

Giolon said:
There's a difference between a launch day patch that actually fixes broken features, and a post-release mostly balance and minor bug fix patch. I really do hope I'm wrong bc I want these changes badly.

A patch is a patch. The 360 isn't some unproven console where ports on the system don't count as a real game.

There's no way it won't receive this update. At worst, it'll be later than the NA PS3 release.

hteng

Banned
rance said:
A patch is a patch. The 360 isn't some unproven console where ports on the system don't count as a real game.

There's no way it won't receive this update. At worst, it'll be later than the NA PS3 release.

the US version of armored core 4 didn't receive their update for like.. 1 year after the japanese patch release.

but that game was published by SEGA so yea... something to think about.

this has nothing to do with fromsoft, it's upto Bandai Namco to provide the patches for other regions.

def sim

hteng said:
this has nothing to do with fromsoft, it's upto Bandai Namco to provide the patches for other regions.

Ah right

I'm assuming the NA/EU versions, regardless of the console, will probably come at the same time at a later date. Bandai Namco probably haven't sent in the patch for cert yet. :/

Oh man, Havel's got "super mega oh my god what the living hell" nerfed. XD

I'm convinced this patch was created by the Four Kings at this point who were angry at being cheesed to death.

def sim

Just wear light armor and dodge stuff. Roll has a ridiculous amount of invincibility frames.

For heavy armor, I don't know. Use the newly nerfed iron flesh with that poise ring I guess!

The translator who reported the Havel's nerf is so flabbergasted by it he's redoing the math and the translation to make sure he didn't goof. If that happens to be the case it might still be usable. If not...lol.

Top Bottom