• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 1.04 Patch Notes - [Patch 1.05 Has Been Released On 360/PS3 U.S. & 360 EU]

Minamu

It's not just one free patch though, I think. Or the cost is incremental (assumption). But five would be pushing it hard with Microsoft, yeah.

Audioboxer

Are STR builds more viable after the patch? Think I might do STR with my new char and finally get to taste what it's like to be a tank (heavy armour/weapons). Think I'll invest into faith as well, as I've tried pyro/sorcerer, but not faith.

STR/Faith a good combo?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
My guess is that its all about the 360 version. Microsoft gives you the first patch for free, afterwards you have to pay them in order to get a patch up. Hence, if Namco knew two patches were going out, they figured they should just wait.

In this particular case, though, didn't 1.04 actually break some things that they needed to fix anyway? That's why 1.05 was created in the first place. Common sense dictates you'd release it as one patch when possible, such is the case with the NA/EU release. There's no need to attribute it to MS policy, though they may have also had that in mind.

The "glitch" to get it via the shooting bow thing. I am still not sure if it's a glitch per se, but it still worked nonetheless.

That's intentional

The glitch with the Dragon is that he sometimes falls through the level and dies without you doing anything so they fixed it.

NBtoaster

Installed the patch, played about 10 seconds and then the PS3 shuts off with a blinking red light. Got the disc out and it starts up but...I guess the end is nigh. Wont be playing much of the patched version I guess.

Okay but the most important question... did it improve the multiplayer? I see notes saying "restrictions eased", but what restrictions? Level ranges? I don't care about those... I care about seeing "Summon Failed" 4 times out of 5.

Is there any way to gauge how big the Xbox community is? That's the version I took and while I was very happy with it overall (finished NG++ plus some rerolls) I can't help but feel there are a lot more PS3 players and I should have went with that version. I was considering selling/trading it in and going for the PS3 one if there are a significant number of more players.

I can't help but feel there are a lot more PS3 players and I should have went with that version. I was considering selling/trading it in and going for the PS3 one if there are a significant number of more players.
I think it's exclusive to PS3 in Japan so you miss out on that entire group

Zzoram

Lightning/Fire weapons stayed the same, Normal +15 STR/DEX scaling weapons got a 10% buff, medium shields got a stability nerf, enemies drop more souls and are located differently, bosses drop humanity and homeward bones now.

klee123

Lightning/Fire weapons stayed the same, Normal +15 STR/DEX scaling weapons got a 10% buff, medium shields got a stability nerf, enemies drop more souls and are located differently, bosses drop humanity and homeward bones now.

Nice!

My black bow of pharis +15 will be very happy!

The Blighttown framerate definitely improved with the patch. It runs way smoother for me.

going to have to check that place out to confirm as well.

First, right off the bat of my NG++, thanks for fixing targeting issue.
Req Souls displays =D
Sunlight Covenant done =D

At 42 dex +15 Iaito is still weaker than +5 Lightning Uchigatana. Don't know when it will actually be better with the necessary dex.

Zzoram

going to have to check that place out to confirm as well.

First, right off the bat of my NG++, thanks for fixing targeting issue.
Req Souls displays =D
Sunlight Covenant done =D

At 42 dex +15 Iaito is still weaker than +5 Lightning Uchigatana. Don't know when it will actually be better with the necessary dex.

Well for one, you're comparing non-equal weapons. Uchi has higher base damage doesn't it?

Also, is it really higher damage in practice, or just on paper? Have you tried hitting the same enemy with both weapons to see what the real damage is? Some enemies resist certain elements quite a bit more than physical damage.

Also, the strength of +15 weapons is that you can also apply a resin to them or use crystal magic weapon on them, giving them a huge boost well above +5 lightning weapons.

Well for one, you're comparing non-equal weapons. Uchi has higher base damage doesn't it?

Also, is it really higher damage in practice, or just on paper? Have you tried hitting the same enemy with both weapons to see what the real damage is? Some enemies resist certain elements quite a bit more than physical damage.

Also, the strength of +15 weapons is that you can also apply a resin to them or use crystal magic weapon on them, giving them a huge boost well above +5 lightning weapons.

Only tested the damage on the mobs at the start of the game.

360~ compared to 460~

I may have to carry around resin just to test it out.

and oh yea RIP Gold-Helm Set. I made my ninja set +5 before the patch =D

I think the new text changes will likely stay that way :/ I guess I'll let it grow on me.

edbrat

So do I want to patch this or is there anything pre-patch I should be taking advantage of? >_>

eh personally I am doing four kings before I patch as iron flesh gets nerfed and that seems to be the escape hatch for people having problems with them.

Also my my hollow shield +10 and gold hemmed armour get nerfed so may have to spend some time finding alternatives, any suggestions? My maxed pyro glove gets nerfed too but I guess it was pretty darn powerful.

MMaRsu

Banned
So does this patch mean I can invade people easier now?

Also, does this patch mean anything for my Pyro with havel armor and I mostly use lightning spear+3...

Can I now buy twinkling titanite in anor?

Why'd they go and nerf the Crystal Ring Shield and Pyro Glove?! FUCK.

This. Tomb of the Giants was fucking hideous, the only way I could get through it was one-shotting skellies with the CRS.

Has anyone else had the same problems with summoning as there was pre-patch? I've tried about 20 times to summon someone (3 different people in fact) with no joy.

I also noticed changes to how the sentinels in Anor Londo behave...they've become pussies who spend half the time in combat leaping away from you :p

Some observations after I patched the game (Note: was on my 6th playthrough at Kiln of the Flame).

1. Maybe it was because I was a Sunbro, but I must have been summoned by at LEAST 6 people, doing their first Gywn match! Very fun, but I felt like I carried two to victory.

2. I didn't know this, but going to do Onionbro's quest, I killed the bug at the shortcut again, with about 3 humanity...and they drop SUN MEDALS (as well as the occasional red titanite chunk). Very cool, but sadly, this did not fix Solaire's already 'broken path (for this playthrough).

3. Iron flesh is ABSOLUTELY useless..=/ I shall miss it. I mean I did a test on Gywn with, and without it on..and the defense difference is very minimal at my level.

4. After I finished, and went through my game, to check out what else was changed, I notice some were changed around (actually very nice the way some soliders are 'spread out' such as the 'Drake bridge'), and a few drop more souls, but not much more.

5. The ghost are worth some good amount of souls! Yay!

6. When in human form I counted, on average, about...two to three signs on the ground at even my level (I am near 215 mind you), and I finally see red signs too! Nice to have a 'gentlemanly' invasion.

Now, on my secondary character, who is barely a level 30, I had no issues finding at least a dozen signs or more for co-op, on things like Chiva-demon (lol) and Gaping, and even navigating Blighttown. Framerate is ok...much better in areas, but still slow to me.

Will report on more information as I find out. Oh, maybe it is because of the patch, but I did see more of those 'dropped items' enemies pop-up; 'vagrants' or whatever....

IrishNinja

naib

I'm having lots of issues with this game freezing on my PS3.

Tried clearing a lot of space on the HD and doing the system reset(holding the power button for 10 secs). For awhile I thought that resolved it, but then again after a few hours of play it locked on me again.

I've got a 60gig for what it's worth. Maybe I'm just running hot?
Anybody have some ideas? AC:2 had similar issues, but all my other games run fine.

Really enjoying the game a but the freezes are really pissing me off. Grinding is no fun when it can lock at any moment. It does seem to save pretty often but it's still very frustrating.

Top Bottom