• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 1.04 Patch Notes - [Patch 1.05 Has Been Released On 360/PS3 U.S. & 360 EU]

If they didn't drag their asses on this, I would be playing it instead of Skyrim.

I'll get to it eventually.

Same here. I stopped playing Dark Souls a few weeks ago anticipating the 1.04 (err, sorry - I guess it's now the 1.05 patch) but now I'm knee deep in Skyrim and I'm more and more losing interesting in going back to Dark Souls.

Hopefully it's out before Thanksgiving...maybe?

shiroryu

Thread title needs to be PATCH 1.04 DEFEATED.

Amazed at how much Atlus and Namco differ in treating their customers. Why did From make the move to Namco outside Japan, instead of sticking with Atlus? Was it only bigger expected sales numbers? For a franchise surprisingly dependent on online for its quality despite being great offline, and with a dedicated fanbase with a long memory, makes no sense to alienate players this way( lack of communication being the greater crime than releasing the patches infrequently).

kyubajin

Thread title needs to be PATCH 1.04 DEFEATED.

Amazed at how much Atlus and Namco differ in treating their customers. Why did From make the move to Namco outside Japan, instead of sticking with Atlus? Was it only bigger expected sales numbers? For a franchise surprisingly dependent on online for its quality despite being great offline, and with a dedicated fanbase with a long memory, makes no sense to alienate players this way( lack of communication being the greater crime than releasing the patches infrequently).

Scamco is a major publisher with tons of money for marketing and worldwide publishing, Atlus is a rather small pub that only serves NA.

roxya

Namco did a good job getting Demon's Souls out to Europe when nobody else wanted to. And the Black Phantom edition was awesome :D

Soulhouf

Scamco is a major publisher with tons of money for marketing and worldwide publishing, Atlus is a rather small pub that only serves NA.

Yeah that's why Namco spend money on the advertising and neglect the game's packaging (the LE is a joke). And now with these patches, they are keeping quite and they will eventually bring it when everybody is done with the game.
Their priorities aren't in the right place from the gamers perspective in opposition of Atlus who has small but faithful fan base because they do their possible to please the players...

kyubajin

Yeah that's why Namco spend money on the advertising and neglect the game's packaging (the LE is a joke). And now with these patches, they are keeping quite and they will eventually bring it when everybody is done with the game.
Their priorities aren't in the right place from the gamers perspective in opposition of Atlus who has small but faithful fan base because they do their possible to please the players...

Maybe you got me wrong, I also wish Atlus had handled the publishing again. I was just stating what I think was the rationale from a business perspective for the switch. I can only dream of an international Atlus that also tends to PAL lands.

Community ruined.

The fact they took THIS LONG to release the patch is unforgivable, to be honest.

Not really something i'd attribute to FROM, but rather NamcoBandai.

They only understand the language of paid patches (DLC)

Yeah, the problem is... From chose NamcoBandai.

And yeah, the packaging changes back and forth for their most economic solution was pretty bad. Demons Souls one was way better in terms of presentation and content.

Keio

For a Finer World
Both platforms? This might make me pause Skyrim for a second.

fake edit: argh – can anyone check Europe?

krYlon

Namco probably waited for confirmation that I had started playing Zelda before releasing the patch. Sneaky bastards. Oh well!

Yeah, I'm going to have to finish Zelda before going back into this.
I can't believe it took so long.

Edit: Well, its not out in Europe yet, so it doesn't matter

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
What patch did the US receive: 1.4, 1.5, or 1.4 with all 1.5's changes?

Can't check right now, but about freaking time, Namco.

Uhm anyone knows if the soul farming glitch at the Darkroot Garden was "fixed"? I get a little bit better each day I play but I fear I need that as a backup plan when I start crying again after being cursed.

Ourobolus

Banned
Yay! Time to finally lower that damn faith requirement for the sunbro covenant. Where's the best place to co-op bosses for SL 100 (NG+ for me)?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Patch is 1.5
cKn0j.gif

Yo Gotti

Banned
Awww damn.

Just when I'm 80 hours into Skyrim with no end in sight.

I guess I'll give Dark Souls a day or 2 with the new patch just to check it out, then go back to Skyrim.

Raw64life

A couple of weeks ago I might've been able to sneak in a NG+ run but with Mario and Zelda out now that's going to be postponed indefinitely.

Orayn

Glad this is finally up. Do we have official English patch notes yet? Some of the translated ones were a little unclear on certain things.

Top Bottom