• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 1.04 Patch Notes - [Patch 1.05 Has Been Released On 360/PS3 U.S. & 360 EU]

Eusis

I imagine a European presence (and help with funding) would be why they went with Namco Bandai rather than Atlus. I wouldn't be surprised if Atlus had a European presence that they would've gone with them instead though.

klee123

Zefah said:
I wonder why they went with Namco, anyway. Atlus did such a good job last time.

I wonder if they were promised a bigger marketing budget or something?

From self-published in Japan, right?

More $$$ as Namco is a bigger company after all. Had it been Atlus, it would have most likely still be PS3 exclusive.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
After patch 1.05, I've seen a huge improvement in wait times for summoning. It takes between 2-10 minutes for a summon (and it's the afternoon in Japan). The last few nights when I played at this hour, I got summoned once or twice in total.

Just earned around 400k souls from Sunbro'ing it up. Praise the sun!

zeelman

klee123 said:
More $$$ as Namco is a bigger company after all. Had it been Atlus, it would have most likely still be PS3 exclusive.

Atlus had nothing to do with Demons Souls exclusivity. The development was funded by Sony, and they also translated the game into English for the Asian version. Atlus simply polished their translation and published the game out here.

IrishNinja said:
wait, where'd you manage this? i only have like 2, i so gotta farm the next 8 or so.

Painted world, get the key underground where the pinwheels are, secret tunnel at the far end)with the key and starting from the bonfire go straight ahead get inside the main patio and turn right into the building, open the door and walk the stairs up until you reach the top of a tower, there are 2 demon crows waiting right there, if you don't attack them and instead place yourself into the very top of the tower 2 more demon crows will come immediately. From the bonfire to this spot = 30 seconds walk + 30 seconds of spamming Gods Wrath miracle = 1 souvenir of reprisal every 5 tries and 1-2 minutes, of course 410 item discovery is a must).

zeelman said:
Atlus had nothing to do with Demons Souls exclusivity. The development was funded by Sony, and they also translated the game into English for the Asian version. Atlus simply polished their translation and published the game out here.
From didn't do the 360 version, Bandai Namco paid for a port, Atlus wouldn't had paid for a port if they had published the game on Japan/USA most likely (in Europe it would had been published by Bandai Namco either way).

tokkun

johntown said:
I wonder what this could mean? It would be awesome if you could invade while hollow instead of being human.

Or if your invasion wasn't canceled when you step over a boundary within an area.
Or if you could attempt invading without it canceling your white summon sign.

kyubajin

Sseklebeast said:
That looks like an impressive list of welcomed additions. However I'm sad to see FROM lowering the difficulty and increasing the rewards :/ less HP & more souls doesn't sound very good... especially when you can farm souls in Darkroot Garden like there's no tomorrow. Solving glitches and framerate issues is amazing nonetheless.

sublimit said:
Really?So who made the 360 version?
Like deathkiller said, Namco ported the game themselves. FROM made the PS3 version and only that version.

kyubajin

duckroll said:
Are you sure?
Do you mean if I'm sure they ported the game themselves as opposed to commissioning it? That I don't know, all I know is FROM made the PS3 and Namco was "in charge" of the 360 port.

LiK

duckroll said:
Are you sure?
Briefly mentioned in the Prologue 1 trailer description in Giant Bomb. That's where it was first mentioned. It seems they deleted it now so no point in posting a link.

Zimbardo

man o man ...4 kings on new game +++ (3 or 4 pluses, i kinda lost count) are friggin tough.

huge damage they do. on 4 tries so far, i only beat one of them. dunno if i'll be able to do it ...not on my own anyway.

deim0s

Wow... look at those summon signs! So that's the place where people are placing their signs. I place mine right in front of the fog gate, which no one bites.

One thing tho... currently a shitty connection makes the game stutter. Now if that many signs on a shitty connection... you'll be getting -5fps in blighttown.

kyubajin said:
Like deathkiller said, Namco ported the game themselves. FROM made the PS3 version and only that version.

I'm thinking From always have a strong 360 dev experience - like the Armored Core 4/4A.

duckroll

kyubajin said:
Do you mean if I'm sure they ported the game themselves as opposed to commissioning it? That I don't know, all I know is FROM made the PS3 and Namco was "in charge" of the 360 port.

I mean is there an evidence at all that From Software did not develop the 360 version? Is there a port crew in the 360 credits? Or is this one of those "I heard he said she said" things?

Zzoram

FROM probably did it internally, they have the expertise for working with the 360.

As for patching, Namco Bandai publishes the game worldwide so they choose when to put out patches for the world.

FROM self-published in Japan apparently, which explains why their keep getting patches.

Zimbardo said:
man o man ...4 kings on new game +++ (3 or 4 pluses, i kinda lost count) are friggin tough.

huge damage they do.

Yeah that's what I've noticed in general across the plus games: the enemies don't really seem to get all that much harder to kill, but they start to bring way more punch. It's how the game never stops being dangerous, no matter how high your level gets: there's always somebody around the corner who can two-shot your ass.

captscience said:
Do we know how they adjusted the Elite Armor set yet?

I have to know what to upgrade after my grind session tonight!

They reverted its poise back to what it was in 1.03 but kept the 1.04 defense upgrade.

From the other thread:

RyanDG said:
Btw, I just thought you guys would have a laugh at this... I just got an e-mail response back from Namco about an hour or two ago in regards to the patch. The response I was given was basically that they weren't aware of any patch available for Dark Souls at this time. :p

thefuckisthisshit

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
What... the... fuck.

What kind of PR response is that? lol. Even if they didn't have a clue, they should flat out lie and claim that it's "still being evaluated; nothing to report yet."

RyanDG

See You Next Wednesday said:
meh, just ignorant PR.

From the e-mail, I'm guessing it wasn't necessarily ignorant PR, but rather a wave of the hand to get rid of me (I've asked about this a couple of times now via various outlets).

In order for full disclosure, they did mention in the e-mail that they don't normally provide specific dates for when the patch would be available until it was finalized and that the process for approving title updates is sometimes limited via the approval process.

So it's not like they are completing disowning the fact that there *may* be a patch out there. They just don't want to talk about it.

Grinchy

Banned
Maybe From actually wants to test the patch with its re-balancing before bringing it over to the other regions, and it's not Scamco's fault (lmao yeah right)

duckroll

Grinchy said:
Maybe From actually wants to test the patch with its re-balancing before bringing it over to the other regions, and it's not Scamco's fault (lmao yeah right)

Nope. They basically said that they're not involved with when patches are distributed in other regions because Namco is in charge of all that. It's out of their hands.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
deim0s said:
I'm thinking From always have a strong 360 dev experience - like the Armored Core 4/4A.

From have always been big Xbox supporters for a Japanese company, starting back with Murakumo and Otogi for the original Xbox. They were there early on the 360, too, with Chromehounds, Enchanted Arms, and Tenchu Senran (all exclusives/timed exclusives), and later with Ninja Blade (also exclusive).

Yo Gotti

Banned
If that's what Namco really had to say about this situation, then it seems like a shitstorm needs to be stirred up until we get a proper response.

Dark Souls has a dedicated fan-base big enough to be noticed... right?

Yo Gotti said:
If that's what Namco really had to say about this situation, then it seems like a shitstorm needs to be stirred up until we get a proper response.

Dark Souls has a dedicated fan-base big enough to be noticed... right?

Well this thread about one single patch update is going to hit 1000 posts in a few minutes, so yeah it has a big enough fan base.

MechaX

God Damn. 1.04 is mostly alterations to number crunching and some text-changes. How hard is it for Namco to just shit this out in a couple of days for the Western regions?

Top Bottom