• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instro

So what's the rule on anime TV show spoilers? Like can I talk about stuff in episode 5 without spoiler tagging it?
This thread should be no different than the main animegaf thread, which means spoiler tags should be used whenever possible. Not everyone is going to be watching at the same pace and new watchers may want to post impressions on earlier episodes without fear of being randomly spoiled. The problem with adaptions is that many manga readers, see mangagaf, don't give shit and ruin these threads like they did with Jojo.

w3aDwJI.png

For people just getting into the series, I would say that all spoilers need to be tagged regardless as Shingeki is a series that relies a lot on the mystery of its plot and the various twists and turns it takes.

Can someone make a separate Spoiler topic?

abic

Banned
This whole spoiler problem just comes from people who need attention.

Guys, fuck off.

Just be considerate to our fellow friends here who are experiencing this magnificent series for the first time.

Seriously, fuck off.

Dahbomb

This thread should be no different than the main animegaf thread, which means spoiler tags should be used whenever possible. Not everyone is going to be watching at the same pace and new watchers may want to post impressions on earlier episodes without fear of being randomly spoiled. The problem with adaptions is that many manga readers, see mangagaf, don't give shit and ruin these threads like they did with Jojo.
Most OTs for TV shows have people discussing recent spoilers out in the open so that's why I asked.

duckroll

I don't think spoilers for the latest episode is as big a problem as all the nudge nudge wink wink stuff honestly. The show seems compelling enough for those regularly following it such that it is unlikely someone will enter this thread before watching the latest episode, other than maybe the 1 week gap for free members on Crunchyroll. So maybe we can have something like all spoilers for the latest episode are marked, up until the next episode airs? And prior episode spoilers are unmarked?

Erigu

I don't think spoilers for the latest episode is as big a problem as all the nudge nudge wink wink stuff honestly. The show seems compelling enough for those regularly following it such that it is unlikely someone will enter this thread before watching the latest episode, other than maybe the 1 week gap for free members on Crunchyroll. So maybe we can have something like all spoilers for the latest episode are marked, up until the next episode airs? And prior episode spoilers are unmarked?
Sounds good to me.

fanboi

Banned
Yeah this thread already ruined some shit for me. People in general seem to be idiots when it comes to what is and isn't a spoiler.

"I just strongly hinted at shit, I didn't completely give anything away! How's that a spoiler???"

Ugh. I should just stay out of threads like this. It's impossible to vouch for the intelligence of large numbers of random internet-goers, even on a forum that probably skews more intelligent than average.

Yeah...

GoT has set a fine example how to handle things imo.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Q: How expensive was it for Eren to rebuild The Wall™?

A:
It cost him an arm and a leg!

kiyomi

Sounds good to me. Personally I'm more than happy to spoilertag any specifics of the show. Manga discussion or speculation on the anime that has its' roots in the manga should be left to its' own thread, and not here.

Lirlond

Heads up, I would avoid the Manga discussion thread right now if you don't want to be spoiled. The past few pages we've been talking about the series.

Dali

I really hope this doesn't fall off the rails the way promising anime so often does. I swear to God if they single one character out and make it all about his existential bullshit and daddy issues I'm just going to quit anime.

There's so much "wink wink" soft spoilers in OT threads that I never finish them until I'm all caught up to the latest episode.

A series like this where the manga has run long enough to go into what would be season four material for the anime only complicates things.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
That'd be nice. The one day delay for Crunchyroll subs on Episode 5 really sucked for spoilers. Just straight up, 'this is what happened and this is the big surprise' replies.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=536025&page=14

Yeah, spoiler tags aren't built in like bold and italics, but they aren't hard to label, folks.

Subitai

I'm just gonna lurk here from now on like I lurk in the GoT *NO BOOK SPOILERS* thread. It is entertaining enough just to read the reactions. No need to poke and tug for responses.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

I think that's fair.

duckroll

Since most people agree, maybe Branduil can draft some clearer rules based on these guidelines and put them in the OP.

- No manga spoilers at all in this thread, go to the spoiler thread instead
- No hinting/confirmation/nudgenudgewinkwink garbage
- Mark all spoilers for the latest episode and avoid using gifs/images/etc which have any plot elements in them for impression posts
- Episodes older than the most recent episode can be discussed without spoiler tags to avoid clutter and to allow people to know what they should avoid more easily

That sound okay to everyone?

Branduil

Since most people agree, maybe Branduil can draft some clearer rules based on these guidelines and put them in the OP.

- Mark all spoilers for the latest episode and avoid using gifs/images/etc which have any plot elements in them for impression posts
- Episodes older than the most recent episode can be discussed without spoiler tags to avoid clutter and to allow people to know what they should avoid more easily

Sounds good to me.

That sounds good. I think adding a big "NO MANGA SPOILERS" to the title like the GoT thread would help too.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

That's good yeah.

Edit: Title is too long to include no manga spoilers. What do you want removed from the description line "Spiderman+Godzilla+BandofBrothers".

Alebrije

Saw the first 5 chapters , just hope it improves since found boring most of them , maybe because o wanted to know more about the Titans from begining : P

It seems real action begins now after all the prologe/intro chapters.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If I had known that that GIF was going to be used in such a way I would have put more effort into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom