• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj350

Banned
The quick noob question of noob questions (kind of hard to decide where to post this considering my restrictions): how long does it take until you are able to create a thread?

jj350

Banned
Well I am definitely past 3 months... I guess like I need to post 300 times. I think that is why I never really got into this community, I usually like to create threads and when I can't I tend to post a lot slower.

Ooh well, I am fed up with just about every other popular gaming forum on the internet and neogaf seems like the best choice at the moment. I just hope this place isn't populated by power hungry moderators and berating fanboys like every other gaming related forum.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well I am definitely past 3 months... I guess like I need to post 300 times. I think that is why I never really got into this community, I usually like to create threads and when I can't I tend to post a lot slower.

Ooh well, I am fed up with just about every other popular gaming forum on the internet and neogaf seems like the best choice at the moment. I just hope this place isn't populated by power hungry moderators and berating fanboys like every other gaming related forum.
It's a good forum. OT is paradoxically a less insane place and it's a little lax; the moderators tend to do a just and admirable job in my experience, although there is a random cracking of the whip every once in a while. You'll learn which threads on the gaming side contain the stuff you don't wanna see and avoid them on spec.

I just hope this place isn't populated by power hungry moderators and berating fanboys like every other gaming related forum.

Well the mods aren't really power hungry, some are arrogant and obnoxious though. As for fanboys...just stick to community threads and stay away from sales gaf and most sony and nintendo threads ...though it's getting crazy right now due to new generation coming up soon + E3.

It is. But they're the kind of power hungry that prevents this particular website from turning into a cesspit.

Well, more of a cesspit.

As for fanboys...just stick to community threads and stay away from sales gaf and most sony and nintendo threads

I see what you did there.

But seriously, Sales-age is fine here. You just have to come into the thread with a bit of a scientific mind and not spout out anything that might be considered trollish, and everybody pretty much gets along.

Also, be careful about port-begging (Making a thread or replying to a topic wherein you ask why Game A isn't on console Z). It is highly frowned upon, because it's had a history of causing massive fanwars that annihilate the signal:noise ratio.

Chuckie

Project_A-Ko_jpg_650x10000_q85.jpg

The first rule of our relationship is: You don't talk about our relationship!

(´・ω・`)

Lissar

Reluctant Member
A-ko deeeeeesu. Konbanwa.

How was that? I bet I'd like it.

It was short (as the title describes) but does a good job of both explaining the general history as well as getting into the details of specific changes. I don't speak any Spanish, but it was interesting.

leadbelly

Banned
The part I found amusing is the way that after people criticised him heavily about the amount of emails he sent, he decided he would reduce themm to 70 a day (lol). Like that was somehow more reasonable. Even when he pretended to be someone else he couldn't resist it. He was sending her like 10 emails a day. A-ko set certain rules which including him not sending her any emails, yet still, he just had to send more emails. Of course A-ko was basically prostituting herself.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The part I found amusing is the way that after people criticised him heavily about the amount of emails he sent, he decided he would reduce themm to 70 a day (lol). Like that was somehow more reasonable. Even when he pretended to be someone else he couldn't resist it. He was sending her like 10 emails a day. A-ko set certain rules which including him not sending her any emails, yet still, he just had to send more emails. Of course A-ko was basically prostituting herself.
Those bits were the biggest red flag that it might be invented in my eyes, it just seemed too extreme. Like after she clearly states "do not email me again," he's like, "well is 10 emails every 3 days too many??"

leadbelly

Banned
Those bits were the biggest red flag that it might be invented in my eyes, it just seemed too extreme. Like after she clearly states "do not email me again," he's like, "well is 10 emails every 3 days too many??"

Yeah. Of course pretty much everyone in that original thread had doubts. It is so extraodinary, it is hard to believe. We'll never know though.

leadbelly

Banned
That guy is a grade A troll. There's no way that dude was for real. I mean come on, NOBODY is THAT stupid.

I don't know. These types of people do exist.

I have also heard stories about Japanese men being incredibly inept when it comes to approaching women. Just how true that really is, I don't know though.

Emitan

Maybe I should go to Japan! My terrible advances will look good in comparison.

I don't have any issues with talking to women... unless I want to date.

leadbelly

Banned
I still can't believe Chelsea got through to the final. I was watching it earlier and turned it off in disgust when John Terry was sent off. I looked at the score later on, expecting to see Barca throough to the final and was gobsmacked that Chelsea somehow managed to make it through. Down to ten men as well. I'm going to download it now and watch it before I go to bed. I have to see how they managed that.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I just realized I've become completely addicted to QI and I have you lot to blame/thank. I can't believe I've been without this all my life.

I also discovered a phenomenon that kicks the crap out of beating the contestants on Jeopardy to the question- when Stephen Fry asks something you bust out the right answer while all four of the contestants are stumped. It's happened to me once so far, when he asked who the holotype- an archetypal specimen of an organism used to formally describe a species, to which all others of that species could be compared- of homo sapiens would be.
It's Carl Linnaeus, who is by the way a total badass. He himself posited that he should be the holotype for human beings, which takes some serious balls. Human beings had been well-described long before his life so that was a no-go, but he was formally labelled the lectotype for the species in 1959. Which means if you're ever on a game show and are asked to define homo sapiens, you can say "the species to which Carl Linnaeus belonged" and get the question right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom