• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm gonna play some RDR tonight just for you guys. I was barely through the tutorial when I quit for some reason (I believe it involved breasts).

I don't understand either of these posts :'(

Professor Diatribe will explain:
1. Mr. Xploder was suggesting the breasts were in the game and not real life, presumably for comedic effect.

2. Mr. Hornets doesn't like RDR, so thinks you shouldn't play it for him.

Further office hours are posted outside my office.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Professor Diatribe will explain:
1. Mr. Xploder was suggesting the breasts were in the game and not real life, presumably for comedic effect.

2. Mr. Hornets doesn't like RDR, so thinks you shouldn't play it for him.

Further office hours are posted outside my office.
Thanks Professor!

I hope we can talk about tomorrow's quiz.

dralla

So I had surgery on Monday and I've got a prescription for oxycodone for the pain.

186.jpg

wish it lasted longer though, only 5mg, pain tends to come back after just a couple of hours

RawPower

Banned
Threads of Fate pretty much fucking rules. A lot of PS1 games have aged terribly, including some of my favorites from when I had one, but not this game. Great music too.

dralla

Pain sucks. :< Hope you feel better soon!

Played too much Amalur, time to work. :|

After the horrible attacks I was having before the surgery, this is nothing. I literally could not breathe at times from the pain, I thought I was having a heart attack or something. Now I'm just really bloated, I look pregnant. They pumped me up full of air to do laparoscopic surgery and it takes a while for it to get out of the system. Honestly the the boredom and lack of appetite is more annoying than the pain. I just hope I'm able to go back to my regular diet once I adjust. Getting in and out of bed sucks though, painful!

I had an ERCP and my gallbladder removed. I had gallstones, some went into my biliary duct and liver, which is why the pain from the original attacks was so severe.

RawPower

Banned
After the horrible attacks I was having before the surgery, this is nothing. I literally could not breathe at times from the pain, I thought I was having a heart attack or something. Now I'm just really bloated, I look pregnant. They pumped me up full of air to do laparoscopic surgery and it takes a while for it to get out of the system. Honestly the the boredom and lack of appetite is more annoying than the pain. I just hope I'm able to go back to my regular diet once I adjust. Getting in and out of bed sucks though, painful!

I had an ERCP and my gallbladder removed. I had gallstones, some went into my biliary duct and liver, which is why the pain from the original attacks was so severe.

Somehow I missed this earlier. I get squeamish just thinking about what you're going through right now. Stay strong, buddy.

dralla

really, it's not too bad. I notice it tends to get worse at night, I'm thinking it has to do with the greek yogurt I eat for breakfast, the probiotics supposedly help with digestion. I'll have some for dinner tonight and see. Need to stick to a low-fat, high fiber diet until I adjust. The gallbladder helps digest fats and since I don't have mine it takes some time for the body to adjust to digestion without it.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Well I do hope you get better soon. :<

Watched an episode of the second season of Star Trek: TNG. They were playing some "Japanese" sport that had Japanese writing everywhere. Most of it was silly, things like star, fire, water... but then I noticed other odd things like... yuri? where you'd expect another element to be written. Even worse, on the wall was written Urusai Yatsura. D:

uh, I'd rather have that then what I feel know. Depression sucks. Melodramatic a bit, but yeah. :(

Like every video game ever?

Hmm? 'Dragon Dogma' seems especially bad to me.

Mmm, those cursed dogmatic dragons! If only they would listen to reason and be less bound to stupid traditions.

That it's from Capcom means if I want to buy it, I 'll have to pay actual money for a box that says 'Dragon Smegma' or something.

Super Mario Brothers

You've caught my eye.

Btw, sad to hear there's more pain and depression here this week. I hope you all get all healed up and happy. :)

Meanwhile, I boughts me kilt. It's an Irish Tara style. Also getting a zentai that I'm going to cut up until it resembles a one-piece swimsuit.

RawPower

Banned
Capcom used to make games based in Medieval European settings all the time, especially in the 16 bit era. That said, Dragon's Dogma will feel like old school Capcom in my opinion.

I really love Fire Emblem but that's it. I've never made it more than an hour into Final FantasyTactics before giving up.

I rented Tactics back on PS1, when it was new. It did nothing for me. It felt like a digital chess game with anime sprites.

Its not really that i cant get into srpgs its that i usually end up stopping before i reach the end and/or getting stuck on a really hard map. But really the only srpgs i've truly liked are the Nintendo ones an kinda sorta Valkria Chronicles but still need to go back to it and finish it.

RawPower

Banned
Its not really that i cant get into srpgs its that i usually end up stopping before i reach the end and/or getting stuck on a really hard map. But really the only srpgs i've truly liked are the Nintendo ones an kinda sorta Valkria Chronicles but still need to go back to it and finish it.

I haven't played VC, but I want to. It looks really good.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Valkyria Chronicles is the best game I've ever disliked. It's so obviously high-quality and polished, but I just couldn't stick with it. A really good example of the fact that some types of games are just not for everyone.

Emitan

Valkyria Chronicles is the best game I've ever disliked. It's so obviously high-quality and polished, but I just couldn't stick with it. A really good example of the fact that some types of games are just not for everyone.
I don't enjoy Ratchet and Clank and it still baffles me to this day. Really high quality 3d Platformers with creative weapons and I don't enjoy them. I don't understaaaaaaaand.

I know that feeling , it's how I feel about Halo and Forza. Good quality games but just can't get into them. Gears of war 3 was also a really great game that I just was left feeling highly indifferent about. I would say I dislike these though , just highly indifferent after experiencing them.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I guess I wouldn't say I actually dislike VC either- it's just not for me. Usually when I think a game isn't for me, there are a lot of flaws I can point to as to why. But Valkyria Chronicles is clearly incredible.

Of the others mentioned:
Ratchet/Clank: haven't played any, but almost positive I'd love them
Halo: Quite "for me." Especially ODST (I love open-world anything, just about). Good example of a game which would have the opposite effect- even with massive flaws, I'd still play the crap out of it because it's so much to my personal tastes.
Forza: Same as you; obviously incredible quality but I can't get into it.
Gears of War 3: Just about to start this. Enjoyed but was sort of indifferent about the 1st and skipped 2.

RawPower

Banned
What kills me is that by writing off SRPG games (as they're not to my taste), I end up feeling like a narrow-minded whiner who's only gonna end up missing out on some of the best games ever.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Eh; it was that basic premise (not wanting to miss out) that had me plonk down $30 for VC. I ended up selling it for $18. So essentially I paid a $12 "find out that certain games just aren't for you" fee.

I know plenty of people who can't stand to get into some of the games I've spent the most time in. There are too many great games out there to experience every one! It all balances out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom