• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

RetroRGB has a segment in this weeks video about the frustration of buying from LRGs and I thought it was an interesting bit and then he has an interview with them

https://youtu.be/kbDDGo9W6T4?t=29m43s

Why was he camping the non-LE version? Why didn't he finish checkout first on the one and then go back for the other? I know we shouldn't HAVE to do this, but if you even have an inkling that this will occur...

And he killed 30 seconds waiting on refreshing, jostling with tabs, and going back to add the LE version. That 30 seconds would have got him the non-LE. Starting on the LE might have gotten him that one (I didn't try so no clue when it actually sold out, but we saw the time between when he could have checked out with the non-LE and when he couldn't.). Still need to watch the rest of the video but watching those first 3 minutes are super frustrating, especially when you know how you would have done it and where you would have saved time...

Edit: oh he covers some of that...

shanafan

Why was he camping the non-LE version? Why didn't he finish checkout first on the one and then go back for the other? I know we shouldn't HAVE to do this, but if you even have an inkling that this will occur...

And he killed 30 seconds waiting on refreshing, jostling with tabs, and going back to add the LE version. That 30 seconds would have got him the non-LE. Starting on the LE might have gotten him that one (I didn't try so no clue when it actually sold out, but we saw the time between when he could have checked out with the non-LE and when he couldn't.). Still need to watch the rest of the video but watching those first 3 minutes are super frustrating, especially when you know how you would have done it and where you would have saved time...

Edit: oh he covers some of that...

I find it a little funny how he clicks on the refresh button rather than F5ing, and typing out "limitedrungames.com" while the autocomplete was ready to go. Precious seconds lost.

And didn't LRG recommend being logged into Paypal anyways? I dunno, just seems like he wasn't ready to checkout.

zeopower6

We want to increase our print runs and are just looking at ways to do it without upsetting our current system too much.

That 24 hour preorder period for Ys as a test sounds good. If that doesn't 'work' though, the only real way to do it otherwise is to slowly increase print runs for certain releases or do some kind of interest poll the week prior, but the latter I think may be risky because there's no money on the table which may not guarantee a sale. But at the very least you'd be able to gauge what gets more interest from consumers. If there's a way where you can poll where only LRG sees the results, that'd be great too.

When it comes to play-asia, how exactly do they do their releases? I know they have the eastasiasoft LRG-type releases, but then there's the English/multi language versions as well. I'd guess they are able to hold onto all of their copies at once on top of other inventory since they are a huge store?

I find it a little funny how he clicks on the refresh button rather than F5ing, and typing out "limitedrungames.com" while the autocomplete was ready to go. Precious seconds lost.

And didn't LRG recommend being logged into Paypal anyways? I dunno, just seems like he wasn't ready to checkout.
So basically it's their own fault they missed out because the buyers experience should feel like a 30 second time trial???

You're reading stuff that isn't there.

You're arguing that they shouldn't increase print runs ever because there's a risk that they won't sell.

Only I'm not. That's not even close to what I said.

It's a different approach to increasing the print runs which is something they do already with better accuracy and less risk.

They're not increasing the print run in your model, man. The print run will be entirely up to demand. Meaning that if only 500 people order a shitty game in your half an hour pre-order window, the print run is 500 (or whatever Sony's minimum requirement is). You're then printing on demand, not increasing print runs.

And again: LRG is providing a service to developers. The whole idea is that they can lure devs (in most cases, because there might be some for who a physical copy in itself is enough) into doing a physical run by making it worth their while financially. You keep ignoring that part.

Oh give me a break. Anyone who can critically think can see it would have sold more. Even LRG admits they underestimated demand. You're the only one sitting here trying to argue that they wouldn't have sold more copies of Night Trap. So I guess everyone except you knows they would have sold more. We really do know this.

Again, that's not what I said.

But who needs facts nowadays anyway? Those are so 20th century. You're totally right.

Yes it is because the game wasn't done. A licensing issues means the game isn't done and ready to go. They weren't gold which you even admit. So yes, it is a terrible argument because the game wasn't done. I'm talking about games need to be done and ready to go when you do this.

It simply doesn't work that way in the games industry (and in software development in general). Release dates are announced way before games go gold. Your whole argument is just an unrealistic thought experiment.

I didn't say it was a jolly good time for them; I said games already aren't shipping on time and the sky hasn't fallen for LRG or the consumers. There's no mass outrage or some mass exodus to their business. The consumers aren't revolting because of it.

Because it's a temporary thing. Customers have been getting their LRG games always close after ordering until now. You however want to institutionalize delays. Wanna see outrage over delays? Go read some GaijinWorks threads on here.

Also, the funny thing is despite you saying it can't be done, posts right before your reply seem to indicate that they're going to do what I've been suggesting. So maybe you don't quite have the grip on how things work like you think you do.

And once more, you're reading stuff that isn't there.

They're considering it. They've been considering a subscription system as well for a long while now. Afaik there is no subscription system. The actually funny thing is that you're drawing conclusions from Josh and Doug thinking out loud on a panel.

Also, they're not considering doing what you suggested. They're considering doing something hybrid.

Weevilone

So basically it's their own fault they missed out because the buyers experience should feel like a 30 second time trial???

Not only that, but this doesn't address the issue. If even more people are keen to check out in the fastest possible way then it's even more of a lottery.

Cool, thanks.

Note that there have been a lot of delays lately. I had 4-5 orders in a row stacked up with nothing shipping.

Ventara

We are still debating on how to handle it (Ys) and should have an answer by Friday.

Bringing it up at the panel was just our way of feeling it out with a small crowd. If we had brought it up on a forum or Twitter it would have probably ended badly with the small minority getting really angry at us and ending with threats again.

We just want to make sure everyone can get a copy this time and we feel that a hybrid system might work out. Worst case we just ax it after this test.

We want to increase our print runs and are just looking at ways to do it without upsetting our current system too much.

Honestly, I feel this change could be the best improvement yet if implemented, and seems like a fantastic way to safely increase print size. Allows everyone to get a copy, lets the collectors and scalpers have their rare copies, and allows you to increase print size without TOO much risk. Like, sell the normal copies you predicted, then if it sells in 2 minutes, have a 24 hour pre-order thing the next day. If it was in stock for an hour or so, then you can just leave it at that.

I truly do hope you go through with a test run of sorts with Ys Origin.

shanafan

Well, I know it can be considered sarcasm, but when it's the 6 PM run and you were already aware of fast the 10 AM run went, and how LGR told its customers to be prepared, then well, yeah, it's their own fault.

Sorry but if you know how fast you need to checkout, moving a mouse to click instead of F5 and still typing out a website's name after the autocomplete finished are just ways to hinder getting your order processed. Again, knowing how quick the 10 AM one went, gotta be fast ;)

I've been personally hoping for a 24h preorder period since Wonder Boy. I think this is the right time for LRG to shed the idea of only one run per game. Obviously, this isn't going to work for every game. I think at least 80% of the time, LRG gets it right with quantities. We've seen several games take all weekend to sell out, and if you can't be bothered to buy a game in 48 hours, that's on you.

However, when you sell out in a combined 4 minutes, you have clearly underestimated demand, and I think it's the duty of a now significant distributor like LRG to offer more copies to fans. Scalpers/shelf collectors will complain, but I think they're the minority. Give us a variant cover, make it "less desirable," whatever. Just make it available.

Hell, I personally think they should go back and re-release popular stuff like Shantae. These are really great games that deserve a second print run. Speaking for myself, I have both and absolutely would not care if their value dropped significantly. As my lady says: "it doesn't really have any value unless you're planning to sell it."

You're reading stuff that isn't there.

Only I'm not. That's not even close to what I said.

But that's what it breaks down to with your logic. More risk isn't worth it and higher print runs is higher risk. I'm trying to come up with ideas on how to increase their print runs and all you're doing is saying things like they'll sell less, scalpers won't buy, etc. Increasing print runs which reduces how limited something is has those same effects so if you're going to argue what I'm suggesting doesn't work, then you may as well be arguing that they shouldn't increase print runs either.

They're not increasing the print run in your model, man. The print run will be entirely up to demand. Meaning that if only 500 people order a shitty game in your half an hour pre-order window, the print run is 500 (or whatever Sony's minimum requirement is). You're then printing on demand, not increasing print runs.

And again: LRG is providing a service to developers. The whole idea is that they can lure devs (in most cases, because there might be some for who a physical copy in itself is enough) into doing a physical run by making it worth their while financially. You keep ignoring that part.

But the net effect is they would be. You keep trying to say that Night Trap wouldn't have sold more if they had guaranteed every copy sold in the first 10 minutes. I think anyone else would come to the conclusion they would have. That's an increase in print run for that release, not a decrease. You keep thinking that somehow sales will go down because a sale is now guaranteed in a small window. It's not going to be given how they sell currently because most people aren't paying attention to how many are available when they buy on release day. They just know it's limited and they have a small window to get a copy. This allows more people to get a copy rather than discouraging people from buying one. You keep trying to equate a traditional preorder to a limited time sale window which are two different things. There's nothing stopping a release from selling only 500 copies now and now they'd be stuck with the extra thousand or two that they manufactured up front.

Again, that's not what I said.

But who needs facts nowadays anyway? Those are so 20th century. You're totally right.

What are you trying to say then when you keep saying we don't know that? You keep trying to put some doubt this would have happened when I think everyone, except you, knows it would have sold more since demand was way under estimated. You trying to dispute my suggest being applied to Night Trap based on your conclusions before is saying Night Trap would have sold less which is completely false.

It simply doesn't work that way in the games industry (and in software development in general). Release dates are announced way before games go gold. Your whole argument is just an unrealistic thought experiment.

I work in the industry and know how it works to push a game to a gold master to get in time for manufacturing. It's not unrealistic to know what the turn around time is for manufacturing and how having a gold master disc ready to go is a lot more predictable than an unfinished release candidate.

Because it's a temporary thing. Customers have been getting their LRG games always close after ordering until now. You however want to institutionalize delays. Wanna see outrage over delays? Go read some GaijinWorks threads on here.

I think if established how it works and it guarantees you a copy, people would be willing to wait. People complain about delays when they're told one thing and then something else happens. Even before it would still be at least a week or two before a game would arrive so it's not like their turn around time was quick to begin with. Plus with Skullgirls, it has had numerous delays. Even with a manufacturing delay, it's likely a one time delay. People had problems with Skullgirls not being finished, multiple delays and an unknown time frame of release. So yes, it's a terrible example. Let's look at Night Trap, that's available digitally now but anyone who bought physical is waiting. Heck, Night Trap hasn't even started shipping yet. There hasn't been some mass uproar and hit to LRG's business as a result. If you lay it out clearly ahead of time what's going to happen and clearly communicate, people will understand.

And once more, you're reading stuff that isn't there.

They're considering it. They've been considering a subscription system as well for a long while now. Afaik there is no subscription system. The actually funny thing is that you're drawing conclusions from Josh and Doug thinking out loud on a panel.

Also, they're not considering doing what you suggested. They're considering doing something hybrid.

Why would they consider something that you clearly say won't work? Or maybe the fact is it could work. I haven't even said every release should be done this way. However, I do think you have clear cases like Wonder Boy, Night Trap, and Ys Origin, where it's not even hindsight, that you could have found a better way of handling it while keeping the limited aspect as well. It's quite simple. You take a game to experiment with this and then you sell it under that model and see how sales stack up against what you projected would have been your print run initially. If you sell way more, then there's clearly something to be gained from that method. It's a controllable experiment that has plenty of data to be learned from. You can even track based on repeat customers and new customers to see how sales distribution is too. It's fun watching you try to spin it though after it's come out that it's being considered.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Hell, I personally think they should go back and re-release popular stuff like Shantae. These are really great games that deserve a second print run. Speaking for myself, I have both and absolutely would not care if their value dropped significantly. As my lady says: "it doesn't really have any value unless you're planning to sell it."

I wouldn't mind if LRG made some second print batch, in the sense of making it... different than a regular release. Like a LRG "Lite" for popular reprints. I know it's been suggested once before. I would get Shantae if so.
Edit: Stick an ugly "greatest hits" banner around it, I'll still get it :p

hawk2025

Wooo Jotun arrived, and almost everything else shipped!

Can't wait for Sundered at this point, such a great surprise that games was.

blazeuk

It'll be interesting to see how the preorder thing works out, if the variant cover idea went ahead I honestly think the preorder version ends up being the "rarer" of the 2 for collectors, I guess LRG would have a figure in their head of what makes it a success in terms of numbers to carry on with the experiment.

It would make everyone who wanted a copy happy though so it's definitely worth a try.

zeopower6

I wouldn't mind if LRG made some second print batch, in the sense of making it... different than a regular release. Like a LRG "Lite" for popular reprints. I know it's been suggested once before. I would get Shantae if so.

At Limited Run Games our releases truly are limited. Once a game sells out, it will never be available from us again! We believe that as collectors and consumers you should be able to trust when we say our games are limited. They are!

I do think that the "single print only" thing kind of hurts consumers more than anything else. Maybe it's possible to try a new model where people can vote on a title to become reprinted every few months? I would agree with keeping LE/CE to one printing, but why not try out another batch for standards?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I do think that the "single print only" thing kind of hurts consumers more than anything else. Maybe it's possible to try a new model where people can vote on a title to become reprinted every few months? I would agree with keeping LE/CE to one printing, but why not try out another batch for standards?

And as I edited in, make them basic, less desirable (like an ugly border) so it's not the "same" release, exactly.

Making a kind of legacy vote would be neat, though.

zeopower6

And as I edited in, make them basic, less desirable (like an ugly border) so it's not the "same" release, exactly.

Making a kind of legacy vote would be neat, though.

Well, I feel like hardcore collectors would still feel the need to get them all despite them being ugly, lol. I would be fine with just buying a 'super budget release' in some cases with some kind of text label on a PS4 case though if it meant getting these games somehow.

But that's what it breaks down to with your logic. More risk isn't worth it and higher print runs is higher risk. I'm trying to come up with ideas on how to increase their print runs and all you're doing is saying things like they'll sell less, scalpers won't buy, etc. Increasing print runs which reduces how limited something is has those same effects so if you're going to argue what I'm suggesting doesn't work, then you may as well be arguing that they shouldn't increase print runs either.

You keep drawing conclusions based on empty assumptions. I never said they shouldn't increase print runs. I said your 30 minute window idea has several weaknesses/dangers for a bnusiness like LRG. And when I point those out, you time and again ignore them, and continue to do so.

But the net effect is they would be.

Only you don't know that. You have zero evidence of that. It's all assumptions. All you do is guess. Because them implementing your idea would basically be more convenient to you, and that's ultimately what this is all about. So any counter arguments are pretty much ignored.

I work in the industry and know how it works to push a game to a gold master to get in time for manufacturing. It's not unrealistic to know what the turn around time is for manufacturing and how having a gold master disc ready to go is a lot more predictable than an unfinished release candidate.

Duh. I'm guessing this is another conclusion you draw based on my logic? Because I never claimed otherwise. I pointed out that Skullgirls was going to go gold in January 2017. Only showing how hollow your claims really are.

I think...

Exactly. You think. You don't know.

Didn't you even consider googling GaijinWorks threads? Nope, because you really only want to hear your own truth.

Why would they consider something that you clearly say won't work?

I didn't say it won't work. I pointed out the weaknesses in your idea, and which problems LRG could run into should they try it. Which you refuse to see.

I'm done with this, btw. You keep putting words in my mouth, meanwhile ignore what I actually said because it doesn't fit your tunnel vision.

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
Edit: Stick an ugly "greatest hits" banner around it, I'll still get it :p

Why can't a variant cover look just as good as the first print cover? What's the reasoning behind making it "ugly"?

Absolutely. Limited print runs of high profile releases can definitely be perceived as hurting the community more than helping if a significant amount of people miss out.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Why can't a variant cover look just as good as the first print cover? What's the reasoning behind making it "ugly"?

More just so it will deter people and their game values or whatever. To differentiate it somehow from the original line, so it's not the exact same thing getting re-done, kind of going along their "we will never print (that exact same) title again!"

Variants would drive in more people, especially if it looks good. It's more a batch for people who would buy if the same game ever came back.

You keep drawing conclusions based on empty assumptions. I never said they shouldn't increase print runs. I said your 30 minute window idea has several weaknesses/dangers for a bnusiness like LRG. And when I point those out, you time and again ignore them, and continue to do so.

I'm showing you how flawed your stance is because it's like equating to not wanting to increase print runs because they have the same effect. I'm not saying you explicitly said it; I'm saying that your line of thinking falls in line in going against an increase in print sizes.

Only you don't know that. You have zero evidence of that. It's all assumptions. All you do is guess. Because them implementing your idea would basically be more convenient to you, and that's ultimately what this is all about. So any counter arguments are pretty much ignored.

I would think it's convenient for anyone wants to buy the game, not just me. If you want to go down the path of zero evidence, then the same would apply to the conclusion you're drawing to make claims of the drawbacks from the idea I set forth. Anyone can clearly see by critical thinking that if LRG had stock that lasted 10 minutes instead of 3 minutes, they would have sold more. The only one who seems to want to dispute this conclusion is you. LRG admits they way under predicted the demand. Guaranteed availability for 10 minutes will not in any way have made Night Trap sold less.

Duh. I'm guessing this is another conclusion you draw based on my logic? Because I never claimed otherwise. I pointed out that Skullgirls was going to go gold in January 2017. Only showing how hollow your claims really are.

You keep holding Skullgirls up when I keep explaining why it's a flawed example. They didn't go gold in January. Planned to go gold isn't the same thing as actually going gold which is a key difference in trying to use Skullgirls as an example. It doesn't matter that they planned, it just wasn't ready. I'm not even blaming the developer for what happened with Skullgirls. I'm saying you can't use Skullgirls to support the notion of preorders don't work because they didn't preorder with a game that was finalized. It's a terrible example to hold up as proof.

Exactly. You think. You don't know.

Didn't you even consider googling GaijinWorks threads? Nope, because you really only want to hear your own truth.

By that argument, you don't know either.

I've ordered stuff from GaijinWorks. I've been in some of the threads. Which thread are you referring to exactly as an example? Class of Heroes 2G? Seemed like a reasonable thread to me.

I didn't say it won't work. I pointed out the weaknesses in your idea, and which problems LRG could run into should they try it. Which you refuse to see.

I'm done with this, btw. You keep putting words in my mouth, meanwhile ignore what I actually said because it doesn't fit your tunnel vision.

You keep equating that there will be a loss in sales. I've even said it doesn't need to be every game. There are clearly some obvious games where this is a no brainer. Night Trap and Ys Origin are examples of this. I haven't even said firm exact details either. I've given a general concept to which those details would need to be worked out or experimented with. Time duration, which game, etc are all finer details that would need to be determined. But to sit here and say Night Trap or Ys Origin would result in less sales seems more like crazy talk without, as you put it, proof.

I'm glad LRG is exploring the idea because I think there's merit there and if not, it can supply them with valuable data with minimal risk. But all signs are pointing that a limited time guaranteed window is on the table and hopefully we'll know for sure by Friday The limited time guaranteed window is the focal point of what I've been advocating for and you have been against.

Ventara

More just so it will deter people and their game values or whatever. To differentiate it somehow from the original line, so it's not the exact same thing getting re-done, kind of going along their "we will never print (that exact same) title again!"

Variants would drive in more people, especially if it looks good. It's more a batch for people who would buy if the same game ever came back.

Shouldn't be a problem if it's a 24-hour preorder thing. I'm against making anything ugly intentionally.

Ventara

Being forced to buy a CE to get a physical copy is gross.

I'll have to agree with this. Like, if it was something like Atelier, that would be great. But not knowing what game it is, it could be something that's not interesting or some $5 game whose dev wants to bloat up the price to sell it for more.

Weevilone

I'll have to agree with this. Like, if it was something like Atelier, that would be great. But not knowing what game it is, it could be something that's not interesting or some $5 game whose dev wants to bloat up the price to sell it for more.

That and let's face it.. there are good and bad CE's in terms of extra content.

Tapejara

Being forced to buy a CE to get a physical copy is gross.

I'm agreement as well. Personally I'm a little iffy on LRG games having CE's in general just because if the original goal was to preserve games, splitting stock into multiple editions with smaller pools feels like it encourages scalpers and creates an extra barrier for customers (who have to decide between two editions with different stock levels, and risk missing out altogether).

Before someone thinks I'm getting very angry about this: I don't care that much, it's just seems a tad antithetical.

oldmario

i can't really think of any non-japanese (indie) vita games that have any dlc at all so it could be those games

Ventara

i can't really think of any non-japanese (indie) vita games that have any dlc at all so it could be those games

There's quite a few actually. Steamworld Heist, Tiny Troopers, Towerfall, etc. And I didn't mention me not wanting it to be a non-Japanese game. Just don't want to pay a $30-40 mark-up.

And if it was Atelier, I highly doubt they'd be asking. They'll just mark the regular LRG release as $50, lol.

I'm agreement as well. Personally I'm a little iffy on LRG games having CE's in general just because if the original goal was to preserve games, splitting stock into multiple editions with smaller pools feels like it encourages scalpers and creates an extra barrier for customers (who have to decide between two editions with different stock levels, and risk missing out altogether).

Before someone thinks I'm getting very angry about this: I don't care that much, it's just seems a tad antithetical.

I don't think their original goal was to preserve games though. It's called Limited Run Games not Physical Preservation Games. The primary goal was to have physical games that were printed on a very limited basis, hence the name.

I don't think their original goal was to preserve games though. It's called Limited Run Games not Physical Preservation Games. The primary goal was to have physical games that were printed on a very limited basis, hence the name.

They offered preservation as a core goal publicly on multiple occasions.

Obviously it is Phantom Breaker Battleground
That would actually make a good bit of sense. It had a LE in Japan (though it only came with a digital code) and the DLC they added was all unlock codes (everybody had to download the new content through a patch because of online play).

They offered preservation as a core goal publicly on multiple occasions.

Yeah but they still named it Limited Run Games. I'm not saying physical preservation isn't a goal, it most definitely is as they went on, which is why they try to make sure it's all feature complete and with all patches included. However, the limited, one print nature of it I would say is the number one goal. It's all in the name.

Getting all the patches and preserving the game in its complete form is a side benefit to it in my view.

Olengie

That would actually make a good bit of sense. It had a LE in Japan (though it only came with a digital code) and the DLC they added was all unlock codes (everybody had to download the new content through a patch because of online play).

I wouldn't be asking for Phantom Breaker Battleground if the JPN retail edition wasn't a damn Download Code. If Sony allowed for Account Switch on Vita, then it wouldn't be that bad. But alas. ><

Ventara

Yeah but they still named it Limited Run Games. I'm not saying physical preservation isn't a goal, it most definitely is as they went on, which is why they try to make sure it's all feature complete and with all patches included. However, the limited, one print nature of it I would say is the number one goal. It's all in the name.

Getting all the patches and preserving the game in its complete form is a side benefit to it in my view.

I think you're putting too much stock in the name. Limited Preservation Run Games just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Ventara

Well, to keep costs lower for a 'reprint'. Also to avoid it being a 'variant' of sorts.

How would making it ugly lower costs? Like, maybe if it was a foil cover initially, but that doesn't mean it has to be ugly. And ugly or not, it's gonna be another variant. Collectors will just have to get it or get over it.

I think you're putting too much stock in the name. Limited Preservation Run Games just doesn't have the same ring to it.

The name you suggested isn't the only possible name for a company that holds physical preservation as the paramount goal.

You'd agree then with the poster that I responded to then that LRG is fully conscious of it's goal and has just acted in an antithetical manner to that goal. I don't think that's what's happening.

A company that puts in bold on every single page exactly how few copies there are of each game, and proudly advertises that there are sometimes even more limited variant versions of those already limited games.

Tapejara

Yeah, LRG's goal has never been 100% preservationist so it doesn't really bug me all that much. But they have mentioned the preservation aspect from time to time which is why the existence of CEs occasionally makes me raise an eyebrow.

Like I said though, it's not something I feel all that strongly about.

Yeah, LRG's goal has never been 100% preservationist so it doesn't really bug me all that much. But they have mentioned the preservation aspect from time to time which is why the existence of CEs occasionally makes me raise an eyebrow.

Like I said though, it's not something I feel all that strongly about.

Yeah I understand.

I'm just saying that preservation just kind of came with the territory of creating limited pressings of games that likely would never have gotten a physical version. The limited aspect has always been the primary goal though and Doug and Josh have never lied about that. The name of the company is completely upfront with it's customers of exactly what the company's MO is.

They mention the preservation aspect because it's definitely true that's a benefit of what they are doing.

Ventara

The name you suggested isn't the only possible name for a company that holds physical preservation as the paramount goal.

You'd agree then with the poster that I responded to then that LRG is fully conscious of it's goal and has just acted in an antithetical manner to that goal. I don't think that's what's happening.

A company that puts in bold on every single page exactly how few copies there are of each game, and proudly advertises that there are sometimes even more limited variant versions of those already limited games.

You seem to be missing the point, so I'll say it again; you're putting too much stock in a name.

In regards to what the other poster said, I agree with you that getting the game onto a physical medium is LRG's #1 goal. I just don't think something has to be in the name to be an active secondary goal as opposed to a side benefit. We'd have some stupid long as company names otherwise.

You seem to be missing the point, so I'll say it again; you're putting too much stock in a name.

In regards to what the other poster said, I agree with you that getting the game onto a physical medium is LRG's #1 goal. I just don't think something has to be in the name to be an active secondary goal as opposed to a side benefit. We'd have some stupid long as company names otherwise.

I think you're missing the point.

I'm saying they chose the LRG name deliberately. They could have come up with a equally great name that gave off the impression that physical preservation was the primary goal. They didn't.

Also you've misunderstood my assertion. I'm not just saying getting the game on physical medium is their #1 goal. I'm saying that getting games on a physical medium at an extremely limited number is the #1 goal.

Top Bottom