• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Alkez

Enhanced TT is great. But all i can say from this link is, A2 is a monster. Fry doesn't even come close to these 2 in terms of max damage potential.

I don't know if this is strictly true. I ran some detailed calcs on A2 when she first released and even made a post about it here. In short most chainer's get 3 and a half turns of full damage, with the remaining half being the at 2/3rds damage for the imperial portion of your first attack. Because of chaining multipliers this means A2 pretty much does the same damage as everyone else, as she only gets 3 full turns of damage. Now if you provide her with an imperial externally that's where she can take over, but as a standard dual chainer she's there with everyone else for the most part.

In regards to Fry Vs TT from those videos they seemed equal no? TT one shot on turn two, in which she had enabled the 120% buff. Fry two turn, without a buff but an additional unit.

Seems that GS needs her TM to reach her true potential though.

Depends what you mean by full potential. In terms of raw damage no, Malice is better. She does however need WKN for her full potential (for the next few months at least) but numbers are still respectable. You can read my earlier post for more details if you want to try build her. Note that post is slightly wrong because I consistently forget that Summer Dark Fina is a thing lol.

Actually, how much of a difference would Halloween Nichol make? I imagine any trial that has few powerful attacks would already be cheesed by an evade tank or Rikku. Not to mention aren't a lot of future trial bosses supposed to have those magic/physical attacks or decent accuracy?

More or less trying to convince myself I don't need to pull anymore.

Hmm this is a valid point. If Nichol will help cheese future events then surely an evasion tank would do the exact same thing? The only real benefit I can see if Nichol is for someone like me who doesn't play with a tank or white mage. His LB adds relevant support to that team build.

Units on expeditions can be used in Arena (and Colosseum) but nowhere else, I believe. Maybe the training dummy. Been like this since they went in.

You can also use expedition units in 10-man trials, as long as you are ok with two things: 1 is loading the unit into the party before sending it on an expedition, and 2 fixing equipment before sending it on the expedition (but this is exactly the same as with arena&colleseum.)

You can also awaken abilities while they are on expeditions.

My Olive is pretty much as good as I can make her, so I loaded her up, stuck her on the 10-man team and then don’t touch her except to send her on expeditions.

Alkez

Can't test what MAG I would get with MM vs Reaver. (I don't have MM).

But with MM you lose this:

Also you lose some HP (tho mm has % hp):

With reaver you get both.

Yeah, I covered the difference in stats in my post yesterday (linked above). I prefer Reaver personally for the massive health boost, even though you lose out on some mag.

But a lot of people like glass cannons too, which is why I wrote up the builds for both yesterday. All depends what is considered true potential for Zera.

Dandte

Mhm with the amazon cashback deal it would 10k coins for 68 € here in germany...not sure if this is worth it. Normally i buy them at 10k for 50 € or on prime day for 10k for 35€ need to google if we had good black friday deals last year.

Rixa

Yeah, I covered the difference in stats in my post yesterday (linked above). I prefer Reaver personally for the massive health boost, even though you lose out on some mag.

But a lot of people like glass cannons too, which is why I wrote up the builds for both yesterday. All depends what is considered true potential for Zera.

Yup. As I have used Ace alot I really like he is not a glass cannon, thus having 2x Seal of Destruction instead 2x 30% mag. I lose 20% mag but get crucial 20% hp.

bonkeng

I don't know if this is strictly true. I ran some detailed calcs on A2 when she first released and even made a post about it here. In short most chainer's get 3 and a half turns of full damage, with the remaining half being the at 2/3rds damage for the imperial portion of your first attack. Because of chaining multipliers this means A2 pretty much does the same damage as everyone else, as she only gets 3 full turns of damage. Now if you provide her with an imperial externally that's where she can take over, but as a standard dual chainer she's there with everyone else for the most part.

In regards to Fry Vs TT from those videos they seemed equal no? TT one shot on turn two, in which she had enabled the 120% buff. Fry two turn, without a buff but an additional unit.

Did some test on dummy, here's Fryevia vs Trance Terra. 2-turn damage after set up:

YVIEL2i.gif
KKU435h.gif

Fry #1 = 1066 mag (BiS)
Fry #2 = 1030 mag
TTerra #1 = 1135 (not BiS since i don't have Ice Rosetta)
TTerra #2 = 1021 (no mag pots yet)

I chose turn 2 for both so that Fry isn't severely handicapped and can have Soleil's 120% buff since TTerra needs 2 turns set up anyway. But TTerra still outdmages Fryevia.

Bonus! A2 elemental chain with Ace's fire imperil and Soleil's buff.

Normal
MBbChwx.gif
Berserk
eS2DoFY.gif

A2 #1 = 1215 (BiS)
A2 #2 = 1000

Her non-berserk OHC damage is equal to TTerra's. Berserked and she leaves both in the dust. But A2's way harder to set up for her max damage.

Alkez

Ah nice, thanks for the data and video. TT doing more than Fryevia makes sense looking at it because of the 39 but chain Vs 27, and how chain multipliers work.

As you say with A2 the setup is more difficult, but the result is also substantially better. If you have time could I make a request? If you could test the damage of an A2 chain in berserk without Ace's imperial? When I did the calculations it was all manual. I believe it should be more than Fry's by a fair amount, but over the course of 4 turns should balance out due to the use of the LB.

bonkeng

Ah nice, thanks for the data and video. TT doing more than Fryevia makes sense looking at it because of the 39 but chain Vs 27, and how chain multipliers work.

As you say with A2 the setup is more difficult, but the result is also substantially better. If you have time could I make a request? If you could test the damage of an A2 chain in berserk without Ace's imperial? When I did the calculations it was all manual. I believe it should be more than Fry's by a fair amount, but over the course of 4 turns should balance out due to the use of the LB.

There you go.

FDxxRo2.gif

Enhanced Fry and A2 gonna be so good.......hopefully. Enhanced TT is a monster, but I’m gonna skip doing mine unless I can’t do Bloody Moon without them for some reason.

Wow, lucky lucky! How much did it take to get 2 of her? You're not whaling out again right?!

Nah. I had about 20k lapis sitting around. Used that for the first. Had gotten a $100 gift card from work for staff appreciation day, used that and bought $50 in lapis. First pull from that produced the second.

across

Grats to those who have stolen my pulling luck on another limited banner yet again :)

Interestingly, in terms of farming Skeleton Keys, it doesn't matter which difficulty you run. AT ALL. It's all exactly the same in the end.

Xon and Raven's Mantle/Cape does help somewhat in terms of coercing that extra key to drop on each run, though expect the odds to get the extra key to be bad even if you are hauling in an entire party of Xons and the Cape.

Only thing to add here is that on days with the 3 Vortex daily (like today), you can do the 10 NRG Dungeon 3 times and that covers it, for those of us who aren't doing Dunes or Kingsglaive.

Lyrian

Only thing to add here is that on days with the 3 Vortex daily (like today), you can do the 10 NRG Dungeon 3 times and that covers it, for those of us who aren't doing Dunes or Kingsglaive.

Also, for the duration of the event, if you are stockpiling keys, you can use them to complete the 3 Vortex dailies requirement for zero energy that day.

Though, that requires a minimum of 9 skeleton keys to do that, so it can't done every day this event. It's really more like pre-paying the vortex energy costs, which is something gacha games generally don't allow players to normally do.

Avalt

Cleared up some friend slots that were inactive for over 2 months. Feel free to add me: 492 357 003
Right now I'm running a 2B :)

Muku

I guess so.

She is too unpopular. Poor Prishe.

At least your hairpin will be remembered for months to come.

Prishe... I got her around the same time I got my dupe 'Landu. I built her up and everything, but not really tried her. I've used a few guest ones, but I didn't look forward to her and not really diggin' her. But maybe come enhancements, we'll see. She's just not exciting.

To be honest, on that banner all I wanted was Werei. So they gave me Prishe and I still lack Mr. Galka. GO figure. CNY all over again, except they stay in pool. And I doubt I'll still see Werei. I pulled more than I initially thought yesterday. Got a bunch of golds. And none of them Golds I'm missing. And at this point, I'm missing a ton. Hell, I still don't even have an Ashe. But they will continually give me Xon, Setzer, and Luka.

Edit: OMG U GAIZ!!! I did my JP free summon. It came down Gold. I was like "Sweet!" Then it turned RAINBOW!! X_X I just got Knight Delita!!!

Chucker

Now that I've got both to 6, and both around level 50, who should I focus on. Victoria or Grim Sakura as my magic damage dealer?

vato_loco

Anyone here actually use Prishe or put Prishe friend.

Just got her yesterday and want to try chaining her.

She looks decent and provide some utility.

Unfortunately almost all her Good skill are not on-demand.
I can friend her. She's by no means a beast like some others around here but if you want to try her, I'll leave here for a couple of days. In case you don't have me, I'm 999,056,301.

Ok, here's some questions for you guys.

1. My current units are Ace (only Tri-beam Laser enhanced once), WoL, Ashe, Prishe and Ayaka. I've got a fully 6* lvl 100 Darklord. Should I place him in my team? If so, who do I replace?

2. Who should I level next? I've got Victoria, Heavenlord, Earthlord, Reberta, Pirate Jake, Merc Ramza, Mercedes, Goken and Agrias.

3. How on dick's penis do I beat Cerberus? Once he's below 50% health he has all the sex with my units, he hits like 9 times, auto-kills at least two every turn, and paralyzes the rest...

robotuw

I can friend her. She's by no means a beast like some others around here but if you want to try her, I'll leave here for a couple of days. In case you don't have me, I'm 999,056,301.

Ok, here's some questions for you guys.

1. My current units are Ace (only Tri-beam Laser enhanced once), WoL, Ashe, Prishe and Ayaka. I've got a fully 6* lvl 100 Darklord. Should I place him in my team? If so, who do I replace?

2. Who should I level next? I've got Victoria, Heavenlord, Earthlord, Reberta, Pirate Jake, Merc Ramza, Mercedes, Goken and Agrias.

3. How on dick's penis do I beat Cerberus? Once he's below 50% health he has all the sex with my units, he hits like 9 times, auto-kills at least two every turn, and paralyzes the rest...

1. Prishe if you want to keep a mixed team, Ashe if you're going all-physical.

2. Agrias, so she can chain with DV (assuming you enhance her).

3. You got Rikku? Her and WoL with full buffs/debuffs up should be able to handle it. If not her, someone else with damage resistance, and then have a fire resist buff up. Alternatively you could get him down to 51% then destroy him in one turn. Chaining DV with a friend can probably manage that.

Now that I've got both to 6, and both around level 50, who should I focus on. Victoria or Grim Sakura as my magic damage dealer?

GS will outperform Vicky solo. Two Victorias will beat a single GS though, and if you plan to chain Victoria is much more readily available than GS will ever be.

Grats to those who have stolen my pulling luck on another limited banner yet again :)

Interestingly, in terms of farming Skeleton Keys, it doesn't matter which difficulty you run. AT ALL. It's all exactly the same in the end.

Xon and Raven's Mantle/Cape does help somewhat in terms of coercing that extra key to drop on each run, though expect the odds to get the extra key to be bad even if you are hauling in an entire party of Xons and the Cape.

Thanks for this! I was wondering which would be the most effective. Although my second question remains, which should I choose for the other event that you use the keys for? The ELT one nets you the best Pure crysts classifications (assuming you get Power, Support, Tech each time) but is there one that gives you the most crysts over all? I particularly need T3 and T4 for Power.

Zhadgon

So I have a few questions.

Which Chocobo rewards should I buy between these ones?

Genji Shield 100 sq
Cat-ear Hood 100 sq
Safety Bit 50 sq
Auto-Refresh 200 sq

Have 200 Star Quartz.

What should I finish first Trials, Story or Events?

Trials I need to defeat Gilgamesh and beyond (left the game before his trial).
Story, I almost finish with Mysidia, left Gronoa, Kingdom of Pharm, Land of the Crystals and Wandering Lands.
Events, right now doing the Halloween event but seems the rewards of Battle of the Borders are interesting (want the helmet).

I have max level Siren, Ifrit, Golem, Shiva, Ramuh, Diabolos, Carbuncle and Odin, from the three left Titan, Lakshmi and Tetra Sylphid, which one should I level next to the max?

Which should be my priority in my team?

Lightning, Dark Knight Cecil, Emperor, Mercenary Ramza or Prishe?

My current max level six stars:

Lightning
Cecil (with 25 lv. Limit burst)
Refia
CoD
Exdeath
Rain
Chizuru
WoL
Firion
Dangerous Ariana
Ling

Units that I still need to level up that seem respectable:

Agrias
Rikku
Charlotte
Aria
Ashe
Setzer
Gaffgarion
Mercedes

Can anyone explain how chaining works and which units should I use to make it work?

Finally I will leave my id if anyone wants to add me (have 103 free spaces).

122, 944, 657.

I think thats all, good luck everyone with the pulls.

.n_n.

StarVigil

I've been playing this game daily for several weeks now. But the fact that I can't beat any of these event bosses makes me question what the point of it all is.

Lyrian

Thanks for this! I was wondering which would be the most effective. Although my second question remains, which should I choose for the other event that you use the keys for? The ELT one nets you the best Pure crysts classifications (assuming you get Power, Support, Tech each time) but is there one that gives you the most crysts over all? I particularly need T3 and T4 for Power.

In terms of playing the dungeons that require keys, only ELT drops crysts at all.

-- ELT drops random crysts
-- ADV drops king snappers and minitaurs (floors 2-4 are fixed, 2 king minitaurs, 2 gigantaurs, 2 large gil snappers, 1 gil snapper family, per run)
-- INT drops random unit awakening materials

In terms of playing the dungeons that require keys, only ELT drops crysts at all.

-- ELT drops random crysts
-- ADV drops king snappers and minitaurs (floors 2-4 are fixed, 2 king minitaurs, 2 gigantaurs, 2 large gil snappers, 1 gil snapper family, per run)
-- INT drops random unit awakening materials

Ah, thanks! So if my goal is to just load up on crysts, I just want to do both ELT. Doing BEG for the first dungeon that nets you keys is nice for when you just need x amount of runs but since it's the same yield over time, might as well save time and go ELT at least if you aren't boosting with xons and such. Man does ELT burn NRG quickly, 30 a pop, phew. At least I can auto the whole thing haha

Err on the other hand, seems like a rip. Just did a run and only got T1 mats. 5 keys is really steep for that to be possible, thinking I'll just sit on the keys for the next boss in two days and just TM farm for now. Sucks because I really need T3 and 4 power crysts. Largely blew my wad on Luneth before getting DV and I need them for Tidus too...At least I have a while before Tidus and DV's come I'd expect.

Muku

I've been playing this game daily for several weeks now. But the fact that I can't beat any of these event bosses makes me question what the point of it all is.

Depends on what you're trying to beat. I wouldn't imagine Cerebus you could even tackle for some time. A lot of it is about capping your units and getting TMs. The gear means everything.

I watched Val's video about Knight Delita since I got him on JP earlier. I'm about to run Dunes for Cactaur to finish capping out Yuna and then working on him. Gives me a bit of insight on him. But the worst part? I miss Valentus so much. ;_; He was such a huge help for this community.

;_;

;_;

;_;

evangd007

There are seven stars now?! What did I miss?!

JP announced 7*s. Only 5* bases can be 7*s. You need a dupe to make a unit 7*s. 7* units have a super TMR that requires another dupe to make. Lightning will be one of the first 7*s, and she will be OP again. Also Squall and Rinoa are coming and will have 7*s off the bat.

Glad to see the crew reforming. NeoGAF could be reduced to just FFBE-GAF and it would be good enough for me.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
JP announced 7*s. Only 5* bases can be 7*s. You need a dupe to make a unit 7*s. 7* units have a super TMR that requires another dupe to make. Lightning will be one of the first 7*s, and she will be OP again. Also Squall and Rinoa are coming and will have 7*s off the bat.

Glad to see the crew reforming. NeoGAF could be reduced to just FFBE-GAF and it would be good enough for me.

Nice, my four Luneths are redeemed....to one day tragically become two stronger Luneths.

Top Bottom