• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
Assuming G4 still exists by E3.
WallStreetJournal.gif

I am fighting to show restraint here.

Most likely. I doubt that Nintendo has signed a deal, and Spike only cares about Microsoft.
Pretty much. Why bother with the pretense anymore?

The M.O.B

So I got this from that banned site that you can Go to for Nintendo and stuff

So guys, what's your opinion (;

PC obviously, since it has 200x the catalog of games as the other two consoles combined :)

Wii is my most played console, the other two are my "media" entertainment devices and not my gaming machines. Wii/PC ftw

snesfreak

Banned
Sessler.. and lost the dude from Attack of the Show today as well..

And sweet jeebsus.. I do not want to see a Morgan Webb dominated e3 coverage
"I always feel a little bit disappointed when I'm playing these mature titles on Wii U, I feel like I could just get so much more if I was playing it on a different system."

snesfreak

Banned
Is that an actual quote? Please say no.
Changed slightly, but basically yeah.
"I always feel a little bit disappointed when I'm playing these mature titles on Nintendo platforms I feel like I could just get so much more if I was playing it on a different system"
It was about the 3DS i think.

usmanusb

If HD 4770 is an old chip then it may be cheaper to get it and customize to be smaller in size due to latest tech. Do you guys things of a possibility of using dual HD 4770 (ATI CrossFireX™ Multi-GPU Technology) in final WiiU??

Penguin

Changed slightly, but basically yeah.
"I always feel a little bit disappointed when I'm playing these mature titles on Nintendo platforms I feel like I could just get so much more if I was playing it on a different system"
It was about the 3DS i think.

She is a special kind.

Remember, I think it was Galaxy 2 she hated for its kiddie graphics or something.

AniHawk

She is a special kind.

Remember, I think it was Galaxy 2 she hated for its kiddie graphics or something.

and then she brought ratchet & clank in as the counterpoint which is really unfair to ratchet & clank as it's a great series and it brought a lot of actual hate on a crack in time from pissed nintendo fans.

a crack in time was fantastic. and it had charles martinet.

Terrell

Hah, it was a bit long to be considered a "mini" reveal. But it was definitely more of a teaser than a blowout. A lot of the questions answered this time around will give us a concise idea of what Nintendo's game plan is. There are so many variables that will have to be unveiled then. Not just stuff like "which games does it have" and "how fast is it", but things like "Does Nintendo plan on early profitability", "what further actions is Nintendo taking to secure third parties", "What are the limits on the digital downloading ecosystem", all sort of stuff like that!

It's going to be slightly exciting.

If you're expecting these issues to be addressed at E3, you're mistaken. It will likely be addressed in interviews and investor meetings after E3 has long passed.

JGS

Banned
So I got this from that banned site that you can Go to for Nintendo and stuff

So guys, what's your opinion (;
AlmostThought I was positive that ********** is not a banned sight, just one that classified as needing to be careful with. There was clarification of this in a previous speculation thread but I'll take a correction on it.

EDIT: Never mind. My post self corrected lol!

Anyway I would think the PC won, then Wii lol.

Penguin

and then she brought ratchet & clank in as the counterpoint which is really unfair to ratchet & clank as it's a great series and it brought a lot of actual hate on a crack in time from pissed nintendo fans.

a crack in time was fantastic. and it had charles martinet.

Yeah The Ratchet and Clank series is one of the few games series that I think does humor well.

But.. yeah.. probably.. not her best defense. Nor.. should a "professional" who gets paid to be articulate.. retort to such... simple.. insults

~Edit!
Re-watching Sony at e3 2005.. and they are going into insane details about the PS3.. but its SO boring. It took them 38 minutes to finally show a tech demo. >.<

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
So it seems Sony may not be televising their presser (not quite sure if the site confirms it)
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/08/sony-e3-press-conference-will-not-be-televised-but-it-will-be-s/

I wonder if this whole G4 business will mean Nintendo's won't be televised either.

G4 released a press release saying they were covering all the major press conferences this year, so I assumed they meant televised. I'm kind of counting on it considering I have satellite connection, so this is concerning....

If you're expecting these issues to be addressed at E3, you're mistaken. It will likely be addressed in interviews and investor meetings after E3 has long passed.

Good point, though I am expecting to hear things that do clue us in on Nintendo's third party efforts. We should be given a lot of information on how their online services work, for one thing, don't you think?

Terrell

Good point, though I am expecting to hear things that do clue us in on Nintendo's third party efforts. We should be given a lot of information on how their online services work, for one thing, don't you think?

Well, yeah, services-wise, we'll know everything. From an end user perspective. Except for anything to do with money or 3rd-party relations (they'll talk games, but not business) or.. or... or.....

Nintendo will do what they always do: show you what you'll get when you have their console in your home. Nothing more or less.

Penguin

G4 released a press release saying they were covering all the major press conferences this year, so I assumed they meant televised. I'm kind of counting on it considering I have satellite connection, so this is concerning....

I did make a note.. if the site was right.. it seems like.. they were just equating the fact that Sony didn't say it would be televised.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I'm getting pretty hyped for Aliens: Colonial Marines with Prometheus coming out soon. If this has improved Wii U features including the motion tracker I'm probably going to be buying this around launch. Looks really good!

She is a special kind.

If the only thing to hate about Nintendo at E3 2010 was...Morgan Webb's moronic comments on Nintendo, then that's an E3 I can live with. :) Pereira's last dance will be his E3 2012 coverage so hopefully that will take away some time from Morgan's predictable trolling at the show.

Terrell

I finally remembered what this upcoming generation is missing....

CASTLE VIDCONS.

Let's Kickstarter the shit out of that.

I'm getting pretty hyped for Aliens: Colonial Marines with Prometheus coming out soon. If this has improved Wii U features including the motion tracker I'm probably going to be buying this around launch. Looks really good!

However the game itself turns out, Gearbox are serious about the quality of the game's fan service. They even talked to Ridley Scott asking him for advice on the look and feel of some of the environments and Fox has placed the game as official canon in the series, pretty cool. And Lance Hendrickson is doing Bishop's voice.

AniHawk

However the game itself turns out, Gearbox are serious about the quality of the game's fan service. They even talked to Ridley Scott asking him for advice on the look and feel of some of the environments and Fox has placed the game as official canon in the series, pretty cool. And Lance Hendrickson is doing the Bishop's voice.

this is your fault that i read this and am now mildly interested.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I did make a note.. if the site was right.. it seems like.. they were just equating the fact that Sony didn't say it would be televised.

I really hope so. Otherwise I'll most likely be driving to a library to view it. :/

BurntPork

Banned
There is somewhat reasonable evidence to suggest 32nm is possible.

That said.

Went to see The Avengers again. Anything interesting missed today?

Yeah, but it seems really unlikely imo.

However, I will say that 1TFLOP becomes possible at 32nm. Still not gonna happen, though.

Yeah, but it seems really unlikely imo.

However, I will say that 1TFLOP becomes possible at 32nm. Still not gonna happen, though.

It's too bad, as that'd be a nice box to check from a marketing perspective. To certain niches, being able to call themselves "the first and only teraflops capable video game system in history" would have given that particular target audience something to latch onto beyond "probably faster than what's in my living room".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom