• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knack II |OT| Knack-knack-knackin' On Heaven's Door

Drencrom

UTnzPe5.jpg

Developed by: SIE Japan Studio
Publisher: Sony Interactive Entertainment
Platforms: PlayStation 4
Alternative Titles:
  • Knack II: Electric Boogaloo
  • Knack II: The Knackening
  • The Knack Is Back
  • Knack 2 The Future
  • 2 KNACK 2 FURIOUS
Genre: Beat 'em-up Platformer
Game Directors: Mark Cerny & Takamitsu Iijima
Price: $39.99
Release Dates:
  • NA: 5 Sep 2017
  • PAL: 6 Sep 2017
  • JP: 28 Sep 2017

The wait is over, KNACK IS BACK Y'ALL! Bigger, stronger and more suave than PlayStation's former puny mascot Nathaniel Drake.

Let's get some things straight first. Knack has been putting in some work between Knack 1 and the aforementioned Knack 2, alright? No longer does his combat répertoire consist of three punches and a kick. Knack 2 has a skill tree system, baby! You'll be upgrading his arsenal of punches, kicks and super attacks throughout the game. There's even a proper Co-op mode this time around, where you and your child or manchild-friend can pull of sick Co-op moves Hokuto no Ken-style. Cerny also graced us with more platforming in Knack 2, so that you can put your hand-eye coordination to the test and frustrate your Co-op partner even more by pushing them off platforms and down gaps.

This is a Knack game like you've never seen before! Trust me, I've played the demo.

GIFS:
k28hp8b.gif

k3u3obf.gif

6aohA2F.gif
By SunhiLegend
f768ds0.gif
By SunhiLegend

Knack 2 Trailer

Review Thread - 71 Meta / 72 Opencritic

lcap

Having really liked the first game, I wonder how fun the game will be solo. It seems much more co-op centric than the last one.

Planet

A major gripe with the first game for me was, that the ending was very unsatisfying. It built up some sort of finale, then fizzled out.
After unlocking the secret chamber, you meet that mysterious powerful entity. But you only run around it, keeping your distance, avoid getting killed, then take the express lift back to the surface. There, you just return to your friends, having neither achieved nor learned anything whatsoever, and they all celebrate, game over. WTF?
So, I'd like to know without spoilers if this game has a more fulfilling conclusion.

Ex-Psych

The King has returned.

All Games GTFO.

Player Unknown Battleground?

More like Player Unknown "Not Knack 2" Battleground #Owned.

#FreeKnack1 as a bonus for completing the game pls

The 🐐is back to take down destiny 2, Mario Odyssey , Player unknown battleground, metroid, basically every game and every genre 👀

Xiofire

Gonna pour one out for all the Japanese gamers who have to wait 3 weeks to play the Citizen Kane of video games.

Knack is back baybeeee!

Hey Cerny what ya doin' down there
Dancin' alone every night while I play videogames right above you
I can hear your music playin'
I can feel your body swayin'
One floor below me you don't even know me
I love you
Oh my Cerny
Knack three times on the ceiling if your sequel's improved
Twice on the pipe if the meta is low
Oh my sweetness
*knackknackknack*