• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knack II |OT| Knack-knack-knackin' On Heaven's Door

Can't wait to sink my teeth into this tonight. Also getting a good laugh out of the salt in the review thread. Nothing makes fanboys clutch their pearls like a new Knack!!

Justinh

Just from watching the Quick Look from Giant Bomb, it doesn't look like a bad game. Might be fun to play with my niece.

I probably would've gone with "Once You Go Knack..."

Z3M0G

Will there be a PSN friendlist share for this game? Having friends with Knack improves the experience 10 fold.

I think I look forward to the treasure-hunting grind on replays more than the first time through the game... lol

Camjo-Z

My initial thoughts:

- Somehow the human characters manage to look slightly worse in this 2017 game than they did in a 2013 launch title. The cartoony faces don't really mesh that well with the new realistic hair and textures.

- The beginning of the second chapter has more platforming alone than the entirety of the first game.

- The combat seems a lot more focused on blocking and parrying than dodging and sneaking hits in, which was weird coming off the first game but I've started to figure out how it works.

do you need to play the first? was waiting on ps plus but we all know how well that went

It's not like the story in Knack was crucial or anything but having played the first couple levels they do refer to some characters and events that you'll have no clue about without playing the first game.

Will there be a PSN friendlist share for this game? Having friends with Knack improves the experience 10 fold.

I think I look forward to the treasure-hunting grind on replays more than the first time through the game... lol

Same, though they've now added a feature where you can get multiple selections of parts from "famous explorers" when you find a treasure for those of us without Knack-loving friends.

Z3M0G

Same, though they've now added a feature where you can get multiple selections of parts from "famous explorers" when you find a treasure for those of us without Knack-loving friends.

Nice! These are actual players? Does the game identify them? Or are they something fake?

Z3M0G

They're fake, just names like "Eileen" with a picture of an NPC-looking character instead of a PSN avatar.

Ah, what I assumed.

Well still nice I guess... it means some players won't have a major disadvantage completing gadgets/etc.

Footos22

Hilarious the amount of ppl that add me as a friend on psn just cos they were after knack diamonds this will prob make it even worse

black070

Ah, really trying to resist the urge to pull the trigger - I've been spending too much money on games I have no time to play as it is.

Zuk

Neo Member

I see these pretty often on this site and I'm always late to the party. I made a new email, made a new account, and it worked. Downloading now.

I believe I have only 3-4 Platinum trophies as I'm not a huge trophy whore (especially didn't care on PS3) but a few PS4 games that I've really enjoyed I've gone for the Plat. One of those is Knack.

Thank you so much for this as I wasn't sure when I'd have extra income to be able to buy this. I am so happy when I get home later tonight I will have Knack 2 waiting for me.

Cmagus

Looking forward to picking this up this weekend, I loved the first game. I kind of wish though they had the app like the first game had, I actually enjoyed playing that and then transferring stuff back into the game.

Played through the first two chapters and I'm having a lot of fun with this! Definitely a nice game to play in between my destiny sessions

dickroach

legit forgot there was a little speaker on the controller. thanks for the reminder, Knack

also, was there a block button in the first one? I don't remember ever blocking

HowZatOZ

Banned
Really strange that they released this day and date with Destiny 2, I very much know which one will get buried and possibly forgotten because of this strange decision.

I'm grabbing it anyway because of Destiny's PC launch so need something besides PUBG to play. I'm keen to see the improvements, I really enjoyed the first one.

Blam

Really strange that they released this day and date with Destiny 2, I very much know which one will get buried and possibly forgotten because of this strange decision.

I'm grabbing it anyway because of Destiny's PC launch so need something besides PUBG to play. I'm keen to see the improvements, I really enjoyed the first one.

Holy shit you're right why did so many games decide that Destiny 2 was a good day to release.

george_us

Welp encountered my first game breaking bug in Chapter 2-4. The cutscene that's supposed to happen
once you pass through the archway and get introduced to the robot thing and the robots just sit there. Killing them doesn't trigger any events.
Cool. Might have to completely start the entire game because apparently you can't go back and redo chapters in the campaign.

Loudninja

Welp encountered my first game breaking bug in Chapter 2-4. The cutscene that's supposed to happen
once you pass through the archway and get introduced to the robot thing and the robots just sit there. Killing them doesn't trigger any events.
Cool. Might have to completely start the entire game because apparently you can't go back and redo chapters in the campaign.
Chapter select?

Someone said the game had a worldmap.

Yakuza Kiwami’s a bigger barrier to me starting this, should arrive tomorrow.

I'm still trying to get through zero, 1 is still sealed, and knack will be with me tomorrow. I really need to win the lottery to play all these games.

Though to be fair I am loving playing Zero and are 48hours in.. feel like its going to be a long haul still for me. By then I'll have got about another 3 games... :(

PS4 Pro support seems good. Cerny working the Knack magic.

1800p Checkerboard mode.
1080p / 60fps mode - near locked.
Supersampling for 1080p TV's.
HDR support.
Runs with unlocked framerate or the option to lock to 30fps (on both PS4 and Pro)

PS4 Pro support seems good. Cerny working the Knack magic.

1800p Checkerboard mode.
1080p / 60fps mode - near locked.
Supersampling for 1080p TV's.
HDR support.
Runs with unlocked framerate or the option to lock to 30fps (on both PS4 and Pro)
Yeah, this is making me want to jump into this sooner rather than later. Looks like really solid Pro support. Looking forward to 60fps mode personally.

L.O.R.D

DI_mIrLXkAAS8zV.jpg

just tried the 30 FPS mode,wow
30FPS is real trash.

black070

Played the NZ version for roughly 15 minutes and then preordered off Amazon - plays really really well on the Pro in high framerate mode, looks great and just has me clamouring for more. Going to call it a night and continue when my copy arrives, by which point the digital version will have already been revoked anyways.

Top Bottom