• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon key art spotted on retailer poster

KarasuEXE

Better view of the new characters

zM9hvYJ.jpg

The one on the right reminds me of

The irony that hits me hard is that people were clamouring for Z, and yet many of the same people are now trashing USUM for being an enhanced version

In fairness, it's not so much ironic as it is people wanting Kalos to be fully developed as opposed to Alola. Like if USUM hadn't existed, people would still be happy with SM vs. the changing consensus that XY was an underwhelming game.

Lili holding a PokeBall is hype.

I remember reading a (fake) rumor saying that Lili's character in Ultra SuMo would be different in a better way than it was in SuMo.

Marow

This is a hype poster that's good enough to make me interested again.

But all I want is SM2. The world had so much more to give, so I'm sad we're going to leave it like this.

Calling it now, the shadowy figures are members of Mohn's science team that got lost in Ultra Space. Mohn's the only person that escaped, but he lost his memory and started Poke Pelago instead.

They befriended Necrozma and sent it back to the normal world to find Nebby so that it could open the portal for them, since Nebby seems to be the only one that can reliably do it, but Necrozma goes rogue and you have to stop it.

Frost_Ace

Trainer Lillie is pretty hype. Hope the new antagonits are good. Now they just need to confirm a proper battle frontier for me to be truly hyped.

Aleh

Speaking of Lillie, I hope the Alolan Vulpix in the trailers is hers. The fact she has one in the anime too would make it so satisfying. Plus it's just perfect for her.

Kyzer

Banned
I just had the very late realization that the pokemon company is likely focused on Pokken release so we probably wont get much news till after release

Pokemaniac

You're reading too much into it. It's an enhanced version, like Emerald. It's not a sequel.

Hey Game Freak opened this can of worms for themselves when they started acknowledging alternate universe in ORAS and then made that a story focus in Sun and Moon. I mean, they even let you go into an alternate dimension that represents the opposite version from the one you have. I don't see how it is at all unreasonable to think they'll acknowledge the original Sun and Moon timelines in Ultra Sun and Moon.

Alternate dimensions are a thing in Pokémon now.

JoeM86

Hey Game Freak opened this can of worms for themselves when they started acknowledging alternate universe in ORAS and then made that a story focus in Sun and Moon. I mean, they even let you go into an alternate dimension that represents the opposite version from the one you have. I don't see how it is at all unreasonable to think they'll acknowledge the original Sun and Moon timelines in Ultra Sun and Moon.

That was an offhand remark from a crazy dragon lady who thought her dead daughter was a Whismur

13ruce

Banned
Oh so this isn't a sequel...
Nope more something like Pokemon Platinum with more plot added and some things/plot remixed/added, wich was awesome so lets hope it atleast gets the fuckin Battle Frontier lol and more extra's like that.

So like a Directors Cut/Deluxe Version.

Zubz

Banned
It's cool that we're getting new villains!

I guess it's too much to ask for Lusamine to be
a good person in this one
?

Why would you want that, though? She was a fantastic "Scientist becomes obsessed with Eldritch knowledge" style villain; I want her to have even more villainous shenanigans, personally.

You're reading too much into it. It's an enhanced version, like Emerald. It's not a sequel.
Didn't they say this was an alternate story? Given the story is centered around Pokemon from alternate dimensions. I think the poster could be on to something. Not too mention Annabelle. I actually really enjoyed Sun and Moons Post game. I thought the Looker/Annabelle/Nanu post game quest was pretty well done. I wonder with more UBs if that means an expanded post game quest as well.

Nope more something like Pokemon Platinum with more plot added and some things/plot remixed/added, wich was awesome so lets hope it atleast gets the fuckin Battle Frontier lol and more extra's like that.

So like a Directors Cut/Deluxe Version.
Only downside is having to sit through Melemele again. That was the worst part of SM's campaign.

I love it to be honest, if only because the device they made that connects dimensions is called a Link Cable.

As in the link cable you used to connect Game Boys when trading.

Some other Nintendo games have done this as well. Where everyone's playthroughs of the same game are all alternate realities in a vast multiverse. Most notably
the Bravely series and Fire Emblem, starting from Awakening

Only downside is having to sit through Melemele again. That was the worst part of SM's campaign.

What we've seen so far at least seems to suggest that the opening will be streamlined. Instead of having to go through all that dialogue to get your starter, it looks like you'll run into all three at the top of the hill past your house and immediately get to choose one to defend yourself against a Yungoos.

Izayoi

Banned
The worst part about this is that I continue to buy in, time and time again.

I am the problem, sorry GAF. 😢

I've been dealing with very irrational people recently in regards to this. It's like they forgot what an enhanced version is.
Facebook comments tho.
"Man, why are they doing two games with slightly enhanced content and a gimmick, I want the old days when they did one game with slightly enhanced content and a gimmick!"

mebizzle

Dimensions are different to alternate universes/timelines

That's kinda splitting hairs, an alternate dimension can be a parallel universe, or something like where the UBs come from.

They're not subtle with the implication that a multiverse is the canon justification for different versions, it was offhand until they threw an Emerald-exclusive character into SUM.

7Th

The four figures in the back are obviously (alternate reality versions of?) Mohn, Lusamine, Gladion and Lillie. I don't see how can anyone think otherwise when you can see a blonde braid on the smallest figure.

Forkball

That was an offhand remark from a crazy dragon lady who thought her dead daughter was a Whismur

They very clearly hinted that Gen VI and VII are in alternate universes compared to the original games. I don't see how you could miss something so blatant. Sun/Moon even further focuses on different dimensions and people passing through them (Annabelle, Looker). Hopefully we get some sort of conclusion to this story point.

The new villains are intriguing. They showed the exact same scene with the Ultra dimension opening up inside Aether in USUM, so I assumed Lusamine would once again take the same role. She might, but these new villains may also play a prominent role. I think an above poster's idea about them being tied with Necrozma and Mohn could be spot on.

#SaveGuzma

Top Bottom