• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The World Ends With You - Solo Remix (iPhone/iPad) announced [Out Now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

heringer

Haha

Thanking people for the captures!~

~~~~

Well, I must confess, the entire ordeal ended up being a rather disappointing conclusion to it all. But if someone made it all the more bearable and an absolutely enjoyable fallout much the same, it was all of you.

Thank you!

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Wonder how the combat will work, hope it's good so more people can enjoy this nice game but lol at the price. Fucking Square Enix.

Just an aside to the stupidity, but I genuinely disliked the dual screen aspect of the original. It was very distracting and I could never properly divide my attention between the two sections properly. Maybe I'm just stupid.

That's understandable but when you know what screen to focus on and how to get into the flow of passing the green light puck, things get much more manageable. I'm still interested to see how they integrated the two characters on one screen -- could still be fun and streamlined in a completely different way (on the iPad at least).

LFF

Neo Member
Well.
I actually don't think this looks terrible, but that's a hefty price tag for a platform where I only ever see people playing free/cheap stuff.

At least there'll be some new music from it though.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Cool. I hope this is successful and spurs a sequel.

Well.
I actually don't think this looks terrible, but that's a hefty price tag for a platform where I only ever see people playing free/cheap stuff.
I saw someone playing FFT War of the Lions on their iPod Touch on the bus the other day. And I'm pretty sure FF3 has been pretty successful on iOS. But yeah, anecdotal stuff aside, there's definitely a market for deeper games on mobile platforms.

I never played this game and I have an iPad. However, since I know how the combat system works, I'll get it on the DS because what the fuck, Square.

Good ol' SE strikes again. I picked this up for DS a while back to support it since I heard it was great. Haven't played it yet though, so I'm glad this hype train totally missed me.

Crayons

Banned
They disabled ratings on the trailer.

Wow...

Yup. Wish you weren't allowed to do that on YouTube, because I would get the amount of dislikes to >100,000. Comments are disabled as well, which pretty much eliminated the point of YouTube.

Aeana

Yup. Wish you weren't allowed to do that on YouTube, because I would get the amount of dislikes to >100,000. Comments are disabled as well, which pretty much eliminated the point of YouTube.
Putting promotional trailers on YouTube already bypassed the original point of YouTube!

golem

I never got around to getting the DS version so I'm happy to see it on iOS. Will wait till the iPad mini or whatever is in my hands though since my 1st gen iPad is getting a bit slow

Disappoint aside, is price really the issue here?

This game seems like the port with the most effort put into for SE and it's still half the price of your typical square handheld game.

And let's not forget that TWEWY is quite a meaty experience.

I might just antihype train since the beginning, but this port looks way better than i'd imagine, especially after the previous SE iOS ports.

Goli

SE usually disables comments and the like/dislike thingies on all the things they upload there, they probably forgot to disable the like stuff but had someone do it when the dislikes reached that amount. Even if people hadn't gone on that dislike spree they most likely would have disabled that at some point.

Mario007

It's a toss-up, considering what Horii has actually said about CT before. I love the man but his throughts about CT break my heart.

I haven't heard him saying anything about the game. But I haven't really followed it, so I wouldn't know.

Shoyz

Guess I can go back to forgetting TWEWY exists, along with Final Fantasy. Didn't even realize my favorite publisher became my most hated.

Maybe I didn't follow everything properly but wasn't the "hype" built entirely in the imagination of TWEWY fans? I mean, Squeenix's involvement from what I saw really only amounted to a countdown and some other vague teaser stuff.

Lol. Everyone's favorite TA eic.

jorgeton

Y'know, this doesnt look too bad. The biggest problem is the $20 price tag. For $10 I'd be more eager to give it a download. I'll wait for an iOS sale or for someone to give me an iTunes gift card.

Edit: I never used the 2nd screen during battles, so its loss doesn't bother me. Kind of prefer it actually.

The typography changes really modify the game's atmosphere, I think. Especially the place name markers.

The font their using is dreadful. Should be much sharper.
The game looks alright, I at least hope it gets new players even if theres nothing for us (although not if TWEWY 2 becomes iOS exclusive lol).

Emitan

Thinking about buying this. Never beat my DS version and the OST is amazing so maybe having a better one would help me beat it.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Disappoint aside, is price really the issue here?

This game seems like the port with the most effort put into for SE and it's still half the price of your typical square handheld game.

And let's not forget that TWEWY is quite a meaty experience.

I might just antihype train since the beginning, but this port looks way better than i'd imagine, especially after the previous SE iOS ports.
Price was definitely expected and I genuinely think this is a product worth that (assuming it plays well and hasn't turned to crap).

The 2-screen interactions was part of what made the first game great but there are a truckload of other amazing features that made it what it is. If they manage to make things work in one screen it means the chances of seeing a new game in the franchise in the future are higher because they won't have to be restrained to specific handhelds like the DS/3DS. I can understand the disappointment because of the countdown but I love the asinine logic in the posts where people say they're super mad because "they love TWEWY" without even trying the port. I'll be the first in line shaking my head if it plays like a turd but so far at least is looks like they tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom