• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puyo Puyo Tetris |OT| From Russia With Blob

weekev

Banned
God bless region free Nintendo. I'm in Dundee Scotland and I just downloaded it for more than £5 cheaper 3 days early from the Canadian eshop.

So stupid question, are the Keychains nice? Like they don't feel like they're cheap? With the discount I can get my physical copy for about the same as a digital but this really seems like a game I want digitally.

Not really. Cheap Chinese stuff like you'd find on Aliexpress for a dollar or two. But I expected as much.

Just buy the game digitally. I would have bought digitally, but I got my physical for $25 including tax from Best Buy using GCU + the Visa checkout discount from months ago.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
HwqCjWE.jpg
more 10/10's than any game in metacritic history

Berordn

I was going to go digital, but after checking my Best Buy credit it ended up coming out to less to get it physically and I'm a sucker for collecting Switch cases lately.

Got

Banned
anyone not get release day delivery with Amazon? I know I pre-ordered it correctly but it isn't showing up until Thursday.

tanuki

After playing the Japanese version for two years, I've double-dipped. It's nice having the English menus after so long.

Bought and downloading. My brothers and I basically played the demo all weekend. Stupid amounts of fun. I stayed up watching pro Tetris tutorials last night. What am I becoming?
Can't wait for my lunch break to take the full game out for a
t-
spin :]

alf717

I was surprised to see it packaged in a box when it arrived. Just in time since I just beat BoTW this morning. Gonna play it in a bit but would like to know if anyone would like to make some quick cash selling me a mint condition box to this game for Switch. I'd try the Buy Sell but that thread moves way too fast. Just the box no need for the other goodies.

B00TE

Think when I do double dip for my switch, it's gonna be digital. That way I can always sneak in a quick game.

El Odio

Banned
Went through the first act of story mode before I had to head out today. There's a lot more "story" than one would probably expect from a puzzle game but I find it pretty enjoyable.

Big Brett

OK I totally bought this for Tetris, but god DAMN Puyo Puyo is fun as hell!! Chaining seems like it can become very strategic, loving the change of pace. So glad I got this.

This is so fun, but I'm so terrible. I feel like I am better at Puyo, but I suck really bad at setting up combos. The tutorial isn't helping beyond teaching the rules because it's always getting pieces in perfect order, which never, ever happens during a match. Also, I am unable to wrap my head around what I should be doing in fusion mode.

blitz64

In 3-4 player mode for tetris. The tetris pieces are all at the top of the screen making it very hard to see what is the next tetris piece. This makes 3-4 player tetris almost unplayable for me.

Anyone have a problem with tetris pieces being at the very top? Is there an option to move the tetris peices to the side like in 2 player mode?

Poppyseed

lol HD rumble is disabled by default for a good reason! Couldn't even make it through one round after enabling. It's SO distracting. Leave that crap off is my suggestion.

This game is awesome!

NimbusD

Wtfff my Amazon order was sent to the wrong post office for some reason so I probably won't get it today.

This is the third amazon preorder in a row that's bee. Fucked up in some way. Guess I'm just gonna have to do best buy from now on.

Just purchased and downloaded the game, thanks to the fantastic demo converting a non-puzzle fan like me. Won't be able to dig in until tonight, though.

I have put in like three or four hours on the demo, but I still don't understand some fundamental mechanics. Like what determines how much garbage you throw at your opponent? And in matches with more than two players, where does your garbage go?
The Puyo damage formula is a function of chain count, connected puyos, and number of separate groups of Puyo. Chain count is typically the most important since the multiplier rises exponentially at first
https://twitter.com/i/web/status/854874878893228033

The Tetris damage formula is based on the number of lines cleared, whether you used a tspin, and in PPT the number of consecutively cleared lines. Tspins are the most important since they send roughly double the garbage lines compared to clearing lines normally.

In multiplayer matches, each player receives the same amount of garbage they would have in a 1v1 game, damage is NOT divided amongst the opponents.

Blade25

My only gripe is with the game is that online 4 player is only through lobbies. Unlike how mario tetris for the ds had ranked online play for FFA.

Also I know it just released but I saw no games through the lobby and seems like the only online mode that people play are ranked 1v1.

Other than that this game is amazing and ranked online is very fast

Lucario

I just started playing marathon during my lunch break, checked the clock, and realized I was due back at work half an hour ago.

fuckin' tetris

WoolyNinja

No digital on the PS4 is so lame. This game is making me regret not keeping my Switch pre-order more than Zelda ever did.

I've loved puzzle games ever since Columns and Tetris way back and was really looking forward to this game.

Top Bottom