• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being able to get a 5% trust moogle is INDEED awesome. But its far from a guarantee. I'm not counting on it ever, but I am running the expeditions as often as possible.

tuffymon

I'm using his noctis right now, and 10 minutes in, i'm only 10% done. this will be a slog...

actually, just noticed i'm doing way less damage than the video noctis, and noticed he changed out the deathbringer. any reason valentus or mistake?

i was trying the orthos trial solo, so i needed the kiyomori. Sorry its back again.

I tried a few things at the start, but Lightning Flask ended up doing the most dmg, you can also use fire flask to put on virus a couple of times, she eventually went immune to it. Flasks did roughly 10-12k a hit, I cleared the fight in under 45 min on my phone.

Celegus

74 relics. Probably won't make the moogle this time.

What's the formula for pauper run Maxwell ELT? I saw a double tank run on youtube with Snow, Cecil, Y'shtola, Minfilia, and Noctis, but I'd assume any dps friend unit with an ATK debuff (and no Holy element weapon) would suffice.

Friend Fryevia is completely disgusting for Maxwell. I did have to do two runs (someone died while I was trying to fill esper gauge) but for the one I didn't need to summon esper, a good friend Fryevia can pretty much two-turn it. You shouldn't really need any more damage than her if you can bring enough support for her.

Muku

Friend Fryevia is completely disgusting for Maxwell. I did have to do two runs (someone died while I was trying to fill esper gauge) but for the one I didn't need to summon esper, a good friend Fryevia can pretty much two-turn it. You shouldn't really need any more damage than her if you can bring enough support for her.

Really? I've avoided the ELT run. But in all honesty, I should do it for Moogle. I'll see by time I have NRG if there are any up. Generally aren't though.

Fryevia was my MVP for Maxwell - wrecked her.

Xion86

Nice analysis on the Expeditions Lyrian! Just sitting on 72 relics here, had a few failures, but started to get more successes now I understood it more.

Been quite busy today but been making use of the Dunes to max out Tilith, back onto Grand Gaia Chronicles tomorrow. Glad to have finished the story too, loved the ending! Maxed out Lakshmi after, but not bought any skills from the grid yet.

Managed to grab this guy too :)

5EObq6sl.png

Also, bit off topic but I'm playing the first Nier game for the first time and loving it so much!

What is it specifically about her? A particular move, or is she just a damn wrecking ball to Maxwell?

I can't remember the specifics exactly, but I think it was her break and ice debuff then using Flower Frost Blitz. After struggling a few times to get the non-KO reward, I killed Maxwell in 2 rounds. It must have been the hybrid attacks...

Syntsui

Just had three different rolls on the expedition table and all of them had at very least a 8h quest, now I am out of coins.

You guys saying getting everything is easy have no idea how lucky you are.

Alkez

What is it specifically about her? A particular move, or is she just a damn wrecking ball to Maxwell?

Maxwell has low SPR and Frost Flower has a high modifier. Also killer abilities effect hybrid skills so she can do a lot of damage. I put mine up with diabolos and man eater for some non-gaf friends and they both managed to clear it fairly comfortably despite not having their own Fryevia to chain with.

Muku

Maxwell has low SPR and Frost Flower has a high modifier. Also killer abilities effect hybrid skills so she can do a lot of damage. I put mine up with diabolos and man eater for some non-gaf friends and they both managed to clear it fairly comfortably despite not having their own Fryevia to chain with.

Hmm. You still got her up? I ran out of my NRG earlier for Ore. But if you still have her up, when I get enough I might try to run it then.

If you bring her is it best to bring just straight up Damage and just power the hell out of Maxwell? Or would a balanced group be better?

I don't have Fyevia of my own to chain with, but I used Alkez's Fyevia to get the no KO reward on ELT. I did my normal chain start using Setzer and Yun and combined it with Fryevia's Frost Flower Blitz attack. That got Maxwell down to about 10% health on one round! Next round did her in.

GG-Duo

I did a Tri-Laser +2 + Frost Flower Blitz + Frost Flower Blitz (Visceir's) and I was able to one-turn Maxwell ELT.

I'm not sure if I want to go back and get the Burst Pot.

edit: BTW how are you guys building Lakshmi?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
But, I'd agree that explorations don't replace TM macroing. Rather, Gumi is likely looking at this as another revenue stream, targeted towards those who don't macro. If there is no rotation, and a bonus TM moogle is available every week, that's an additional 20% to a TM for free players monthly. To some, that could be an attractive investment.

I don't believe this is a shot at TM farming or even whales. The rewards are too low to attract whales outside the big prize and it's not anywhere near TM farming effectiveness.

It's a way to get people to log on more throughout the day. The player is inactive during it, but needs to set it. Now that many of us are approaching 100+ NRG, We only need to log in once every 8...9...10..11...12 hours. This will create a fairly easy desire to check the game more often, since all the player needs to do is set it. And the rewards seem to be heavily materia. Awakening, Leveling, etc. Addressing another small issue since many older players feel it's a waste to have to farm Holy and Sacred Crystals now, since we're 2 awakening materials above it.

The shots at TM farming and Whales are simply just side effecfs. It also adds in another long term prize for players to work through, now that the trophies one are done. Something that is sorely lacking in the game.

Kouriozan

2nd Cecil trust at 99.9%, I'm at 38 NRG, cool this will be fast.
*Watch the macro for 25 NRG, Cecil still stuck at 99.9%...*

Every damn time AAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Alkez

Is anyone else been having more connection issues than usual lately? I thought it was my internet or my device but everything else seems to be running fine. It's just GL BE.

Hmm. You still got her up? I ran out of my NRG earlier for Ore. But if you still have her up, when I get enough I might try to run it then.

If you bring her is it best to bring just straight up Damage and just power the hell out of Maxwell? Or would a balanced group be better?

Yup she's still up. I'll leave her up for now seeing as most people have enough 100% friends anyways.

I took balance when I did it, but that's because I didn't know what it'll be like. I think you can just power through her tbh. My friends both said they did it in 2 turns, and I think they simply buffed and debuffed.

I don't have Fyevia of my own to chain with, but I used Alkez's Fyevia to get the no KO reward on ELT.

Glad she was able to help :)

robotuw

A 39% success giancryst exploration is about to finish. Wish me luck GAF.

Edit: Holy crap, great success! Got a power T4 and a support T3.

Visceir

Friend likes to sometimes record her runs and make youtube videos of them. Got specifically a DM from her saying how my Fryevia made it overly easy and quick fight for her, haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36W9Lebd-Jg

Haven't gotten around to doing the Maxwell ELT run myself yet though, still busy doing story stuff and grinding out the BF event.

Muku

I guess they want you to take low ones and win on them rather than take high % ones... as they'll make you fail XD

bonkeng

Just had three different rolls on the expedition table and all of them had at very least a 8h quest, now I am out of coins.

You guys saying getting everything is easy have no idea how lucky you are.

Just do the 8hrs run. You won't lose much over the 3hrs since the relics given are mostly prorated. I've been doing the 8 or 12 hrs run and I'm currently sitting at 113 relics. 4 failed runs so far. 3hr runs are overrated.

forgrim

I was going to attempt the elite maxwell with valentus' noctis again, and...

please put some clothes on poor noctis, he's flying commando!

Muku

Sweet. Took Setzer instead of CoD. Did it in 3 rounds. Brought Refia and Cecil though in case. Plus used their buffs. MOOOOOOOGLE! Thank you Alkez :D

Edit: Sweet baby Cecil. 6% from Blade Mastery. Thinking of buying the 1%s from Mog King now and then grinding that last 1%.

udca

Just do the 8hrs run. You won't lose much over the 3hrs since the relics given are mostly prorated. I've been doing the 8 or 12 hrs run and I'm currently sitting at 113 relics. 4 failed runs so far. 3hr runs are overrated.

Yeah I mostly do the 8hr+ ones and I have 106 relics. Haven't done anything special except trying to get good %

[JPN] about 1/4 to go on Aranea thanks to Visceirs Tidus! Questions tho, what's the last mission task? Something about an esper?? Just summon one? And is it use an LB or defeat Aranea with an LB?

Lyrian

Grats on the lucky dice roll!

I just probably spent close to an hour just now trying to figure out how to min/max the giancryst explorations. Exvius Wiki has a lot of partial datamined information on how the success percentages for each mission may be calculated and the giancryst missions are the absolute worst.

In fact, there are three of them at A-tier, and all of them have bonus units for three FF games that have next to no 5/6* units on Global (FF1 - WoL/Garland, FF2 - Firion, FF15 - Noctis).

That's not a typo. The mission "Cook Off" only has one possible bonus unit -- Noctis. That one will be a hard pass when I see it.

It's bad enough that without enough bonus units to go around, my literal best team in their very best gear has to be sent off to get a success rate north of 70%. Only trying these missions overnight while I'll sleeping and getting ready for work the next morning.

Still waiting for the dreaded S missions to show up.

Yeah I mostly do the 8hr+ ones and I have 106 relics. Haven't done anything special except trying to get good %

3 hours are nice to fill in holes during the day, but don't exist at the higher tiers. 8 to 12 is the sweet spot. 24 is typically a horrible deal, as you only get 1 more relic than the 12 hour mission for the same difficulty tier. Also, 24 hours missions in the B and higher range are very risky if you are aiming for the 160 moogle. A failure on the mission results in the waste of a full day's worth of explorations in that slot, which is quite painful. Of course, the C tier mission for 24 hours is aware of this situation and requires a very expensive component (Lunar/Light Curtains), so that will be generally be a no-go once players run out of the few freebies given out by the game in the story explorations.

bonkeng

Still waiting for the dreaded S missions to show up.

3 hours are nice to fill in holes during the day, but don't exist at the higher tiers. 8 to 12 is the sweet spot. 24 is typically a horrible deal, as you only get 1 more relic than the 12 hour mission for the same difficulty tier. Also, 24 hours missions in the B and higher range are very risky if you are aiming for the 160 moogle. A failure on the mission results in the waste of a full day's worth of explorations in that slot, which is quite painful. Of course, the C tier mission for 24 hours is aware of this situation and requires a very expensive component (Lunar/Light Curtains), so that will be generally be a no-go once players run out of the few freebies given out by the game in the story explorations.
S mission showed up for me. But the requirements are hefty. Needs Nichol as 1 of the members. Best party i can send only gives 35% success.

Regarding the 3hr runs, I'd take them if they're available. But i wouldn't use my reset coins just to get them. In fact, the only time I used a reset coin was when all 3 options were 1-day expeditions. As you said, it's not worth it specially if it fails.

Won't use my 4* ticket for Rikku since I'm 100% sure I'll get her with a free daily.

And then gumi adds WoL (for his awakening) and 1 random 4* base on ffx banner, to emulate bf's success (business-wise). Good luck with your dailies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Going be interesting Friday.

Rikku is the first must have character in a very long time. Last time we had something like this was Refia.

Syntsui

In case everything goes wrong and some of us don't pull her, don't go crazy buying lapis, she will be on the next Player's Choice banner and permanently on the rotating Type Banner.

Of course everyone will go crazy in case everything goes wrong, but yeah, there will be lots of opportunities in the future to grab her.

Kouriozan

Ok I found a nice app to record video from my iPad (dr fone something) so I will be able to share my free Rikku summon. Can only recorder 1 min video with the free version but it's more than enough.
Yes I believe!

In case everything goes wrong and some of us don't pull her, don't go crazy buying lapis, she will be on the next Player's Choice banner and permanently on the rotating Type Banner.

Of course everyone will go crazy in case everything goes wrong, but yeah, there will be lots of opportunities in the future to grab her.

You know damn well we're all going insane on this. This is going to be Ling 2.0, with "I got Tidus but not Rikku!", plus Hippo pulling Rikku on his first daily.

evangd007

I've saved everything for FFX, and whatever is left afterwards for FFXII.

Did ELT Maxwell. Beat it, but mistimed the Destiny threshold and had some people die. Need to do it again, but I need more Fryevias on my friend list.

Celegus

Yep, definitely going for Rikku and hoping for Tidus. I got Ling on my first ticket on CNY banner but really wanted Yun, went against my better judgment and actually got him in like 8 more tickets. Friday gonna be interesting for sure!

Cleared out every single lapis mission on every continent this weekend, as well as every vault key. 1/2 nrg week is pretty sweet!

Muku

Ok I found a nice app to record video from my iPad (dr fone something) so I will be able to share my free Rikku summon. Can only recorder 1 min video with the free version but it's more than enough.
Yes I believe!

Then you accidentally record your Tidus pull.

robotuw

Going be interesting Friday.

Rikku is the first must have character in a very long time. Last time we had something like this was Refia.

I dunno about that. We just had Tilith last week. That said, yeah I can feel the excitement in the air. I'll probably do a fair amount of pulls too unless I get lucky.

GG-Duo

Just finished the new story stages and now I'm taking a bit of a break from the Mog King event to grind for Holy Crystals.

It's only 4 NRG to run Abandoned Orphanage - Breach or Electric Tower - Pusuit. I feel that it's a good time to build up an inventory of Crystals.

But then again the Maze is coming in a few days so i won't grind this too hard.

Syntsui

Just finished the new story stages and now I'm taking a bit of a break from the Mog King event to grind for Holy Crystals.

It's only 4 NRG to run Abandoned Orphanage - Breach or Electric Tower - Pusuit. I feel that it's a good time to build up an inventory of Crystals.

But then again the Maze is coming in a few days so i won't grind this too hard.
Maze is tomorrow, don't get too excited by the way. It costs 15 NRG and it is not uncommon to not even get past the first screen. If you are lucky though, it's godlike and if the rare Moogle appears at the last screen, this will happen when you talk to him:

Rixa

I have D rank expedition that gives 4 Relics and time consume is 1 day.
Was wtf when I saw it heh :D

My 59% A got great success (3 other A failed). White Giancryst and 6 Relics & bonus Healing Heavycryst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom