• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enter The Gungeon |OT| Praise the gun

Granjinha

EDIT: Holy shit at that launch trailer. Amazing.

Absolutely. I'm loving Samorost 3! Beautiful game.

Still haven't bought it. :(

I finished Hyper Light Drifter after 14 horus, so I can move on from there. An hour into Samorost 3, I know that will take me a while but as it's a relaxing adventure game, I'll keep it in the back burner after intense sessions with Quantum Break and this game.

Still have yet to finish Firewatch, The Witness, and Homeworld Deserts Of Kharak.

There's way too many cool games coming out.

I still have to finish Stasis, The Shadowrun: HK Bonus Campaign, Mad Max, LISA and Hyper Light Drifter.

And i have a ton of college shit to do.

badass doing more work than the press

yeah im there

I consider myself really well informed when it comes to indie games but Badass is like a killing machine. He brings so much cool stuff to my attention.

One of the best users here, really.

There's way too many cool games coming out.

I still have to finish Stasis, The Shadowrun: HK Bonus Campaign, Mad Max, LISA and Hyper Light Drifter.

And i have a ton of college shit to do.
The unofficial motto of the Indie Games threads: Too many games, not enough time or money to play them all

Seriously, if 2015 was the year of dreams, this has been the year of releases

I consider myself really well informed when it comes to indie games but Badass is like a killing machine. He brings so much cool stuff to my attention.

One of the best users here, really.
:D

Hey, I try my best

Salsa

Tomalexi looking at badass like

5mlMSe6.gif

btw, this game's cheapest on Nuuvem, tho I dont know if it has any activation region restrictions

if it doesnt I can help with getting it, even though this is more than likely a very well spent $13.5 on Steam

So excited for this. Was watching one of my favorite streamers play this a few weeks ago, and it looks so good. The movement, the weapon and enemy variety, the fact that everything has some lore behind it, the little
details. It's one of those games where you can watch some gameplay and just know it's going to be fun to control

I think the three-weapon loadout will add a nice bit of strategy, since you should be able to find some cool synergies between guns

I loved the crazy weapons and items of Isaac but thought the actual gameplay felt kind of weak. And I loved the shooting of Throne but felt it got too hectic at times. This looks like the best of both

So excited for this. Was watching one of my favorite streamers play this a few weeks ago, and it looks so good. The movement, the weapon and enemy variety, the fact that everything has some lore behind it, the little
details. It's one of those games where you can watch some gameplay and just know it's going to be fun to control

I think the three-weapon loadout will add a nice bit of strategy, since you should be able to find some cool synergies between guns

Awesome tag. I'm excited as well

Big Brett

Yeah, I only discovered this game thanks to this OT and popping in Lirik's stream to see him playing it. I'm super pumped. Selling some Doter items to see if I can get it.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
GMG keys haven't been sent to you guys neither right ?

M&M is also early access and doesn't have a release date according to Steam.

So I'd say it's an easy choice.

Interested in Monsters & Monocles as well, but personally I've read enough impressions here and elsewhere and seen enough footage to think that Gungeon seems like the most promising,

The little details like plates crashing to the ground when you flip tables and book pages fluttering as you shoot shelves, to the stylish design of the lore encyclopedia, to the three-weapon loadout, to the enemy variety, to the elements that seem to promote a more cautious careful playstyle like limited ammo and taking cover,

The one thing about Monster & Monocles that has me interested is, the devs are working on online coop before giving a DATE and when they are satisfied with it we will have a date. I've always wanted one of these games to play with a buddy but everything is local coop. still excited for this one though, got it for PC :3

Slixshot

Banned
Sorry but can't find anything on it. Is there some sort of progression system in the game or is it like spelunky where u just start from scratch every time?

Sorry but can't find anything on it. Is there some sort of progression system in the game or is it like spelunky where u just start from scratch every time?
There is a meta progression, where things you do in early playthroughs will affect later playthroughs. But in general, it seems to be more akin to Isaac or Throne

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Just preordered and preloaded on PS4. $13.49 is a great price for a game I see myself playing for dozens of hours.

Granjinha

The unofficial motto of the Indie Games threads: Too many games, not enough time or money to play them all

Seriously, if 2015 was the year of dreams, this has been the year of releases

:D

Hey, I try my best

Yeah and PAX East is coming up, they always announce more cool shit there

AFAIK Devolver and Adult Swim have some new things to show, besides new trailers for announced games like Death's Gambit

As long as it has a framerate similar to nuclear throne on PS$ I'll be happy. May go ahead and preorder tonight so I can play with when I get out of class tomorrow

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
My Games page says "Keys won't be available until after game releases."

Oh yeah, same, I wasn't on correct page. Damn I'm impatient; learned about this game out of nowhere just a few days ago and now this is all I wanna play.

Yeah and PAX East is coming up, they always announce more cool shit there

AFAIK Devolver and Adult Swim have some new things to show, besides new trailers for announced games like Death's Gambit
Definitely, like Adult Swim hasn't officially revealed they're publishing Katano Zero yet

I wonder if TinyBuild will be presenting anything. They've been snatching up a lot of indies recently, like Clustertruck

Sorry if this has been asked before...is this only local coop or online as well?
Only local. Devs have said that online would be too hard to implement because the game isn't built for that and they'd have to learn netcode and worry about latency issues. Plus implementing online would have delayed the game for at least another 6 months

Mdk7

You start from scratch every time, yet the more you play the more you get to unlock stuff like weapons, items and power ups that can be found as loot in the dungeons.
Plus you can meet weird characters that can give you a hand throughout your journey and unlock shortcuts as well.

Jaroof

Been waiting for this! Somewhat disappointed that there's no online coop, but I'll just try and SharePlay it with my bud.

B00TE

Oh, forgot the soundtrack was also on Steam/probably elsewhere too. Still, neat being able to hear the whole main theme.

Jindrael

Banned
Can somebody tell me how exactly the game controls? Does the right stick only aim and you have to shoot with triggers or is the right stick auto shoot?

The answer pretty much decides on which platform I will buy the game =/

hawk2025

Just uploaded 1080/60 gameplay on the PS4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URzR1gO7iX0

The game runs great.

Thank you so much! Looks great so far, although hard to know for sure without hands-on; But it's a great indication that it's not capped at 30, and that's immediately obvious from the capture.

Don't understand why Bananastand was talking about:

It seems to run fine on PS4 as far as I've seen. The only framerate dips I have noticed where the ones where it got really hectic and it wasn't that bad. I'm pretty sure it is 30fps on PS4 though. Kinda like Nuclear Throne.

Edit: I think I noticed an ever-so-slight mini-freeze every time an enemy is defeated on that footage. I assume that's on purpose?

Sarcasm

Thank you so much! Looks great so far, although hard to know for sure without hands-on; But it's a great indication that it's not capped at 30, and that's immediately obvious from the capture.

Don't understand why Bananastand was talking about:

Edit: I think I noticed an ever-so-slight mini-freeze every time an enemy is defeated on that footage. I assume that's on purpose?

If it is like NT it has freeze frames,which is a configurable option.

skynidas

Banned
Can somebody tell me how exactly the game controls? Does the right stick only aim and you have to shoot with triggers or is the right stick auto shoot?

The answer pretty much decides on which platform I will buy the game =/

You aim with the right stick and shoot with R1.

rje

The one thing about Monster & Monocles that has me interested is, the devs are working on online coop before giving a DATE and when they are satisfied with it we will have a date. I've always wanted one of these games to play with a buddy but everything is local coop. still excited for this one though, got it for PC :3

(Disclaimer: I'm one of the two folks making Monsters & Monocles.)

Enter the Gungeon is great and the devs are all lovely people. If it looks like your kinda thing you should absolutely pick it up. In my experience all of the games actually play quite a bit differently, there's a lot of variance along a spectrum of tactical/planning <-> frantic/blow up all the things.

Top Bottom