• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koozek

I am going on a weird Vince Staples and Earl Sweatshirt run rn
QL8Bnjm.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Streets left me scarred, ain't no worries
Run my money up in a hurry
Thirteen strippers, James Harden
Money make you greedy when you starving

tumblr_nem35vWfud1r3jowno1_500.gif

I had enough convo for 24
I peep'd you from across the room
Pretty little body, dancing like GoGo, hey
But you are unforgettable
I need to get you alone

tumblr_ok8fbb65vL1tbcweeo1_400.gif

LionPride

Banned
I ain't never ran from nothin' but the police

Nothing on Prima Donna is as good as Lift Me Up.
Boi, if you're telling me songs like "Smile", "War Ready", or "Big Time" aren't as good as some of the stuff on Summertime, we're going to have a fight on our hands.

I can agree though, that compared to the absolute highlights on that album like Senorita, Norf Norf, Summertime, and Jump Off The Roof, it does pale, but its still a very very good EP.

Finally got to hear Damn and it is good but kinda sucks too. I am disappointed since I expected more, his worst album I think easily. Not a lot of tracks stand out or I feel strong about. I will need to hear it more times to make sure though. I enjoyed joey's album more on first listen for both.

Boi, if you're telling me songs like "Smile", "War Ready", or "Big Time" aren't as good as some of the stuff on Summertime, we're going to have a fight on our hands.

for sure. there's a few pretty good songs on there. Summertime 06 was a high bar for him that I'm not sure he can top though.

HiResDes

I can agree though, that compared to the absolute highlights on that album like Senorita, Norf Norf, Summertime, and Jump Off The Roof, it does pale, but its still a very very good EP.
They're not. It's not that good, it's a damn mess and all over the place.

They're not. It's not that good, it's a damn mess and all over the place.
Sonically? Yes, but that's because I see it as Vince wanting to hop onto different sounding beats and try out different rhyme patterns and what not. "Prima Donna" isn't meant to tell a story, I interpret it as Vince just trying different shit other than the murky dark beats of Summertime '06. It also explains why he hopped on beats by EDM producers.

Conceptually? Yeah, I suppose. There is a dissonance between the darker lofi interludes and the more braggadocious songs, but honestly, I find the individual songs themselves strong enough that they make up for the interlude bits that ruin the flow of the EP a bit.

Overall, I just like the EP for its variety and the strength of the songs on their own.

Feel free to disagree.

Any way to catch the kung fu Kenny Coachella performance tonight outside of periscope? The audience will have had a full extra week to remember the lyrics.

qPTyi8j.png

i pray to god cause i need him

i need him

i need him

qPTyi8j.png

also where do you guys get these funny transparent pictures of hip hop artists

i need to save all of them to my phone

After finally listening to Damn a few more times I can confirm that the only parts I enjoy are a few sections on Duckworth, maybe a few parts after the beat switch on dna,and everything on Lust until Kendrick says "we all woke up".
I don't believe his lyrics are good at all for the majority of this, or at least they don't hit me, gonna write a bigger post on my issues with current Kendrick lyrically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom