• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

riotous

Banned
I would say 3 Stacks with The Love Below?

As far as complete turns form hip-hop to singing; yeah. There's also Cee-Lo Green particularly his Gnarls Barkley project.

But beyond that there's always been hip-hop love songs and other "soft" soulful shit; from corny shit like Heavy D (that was hugely popular) to argually Method Man's biggest hit with I'll Be There For You. Rappers like 2pac were never really afraid of expressing emotion either.

Fevaweva

As far as complete turns form hip-hop to singing; yeah. There's also Cee-Lo Green particularly his Gnarls Barkley project.

But beyond that there's always been hip-hop love songs and other "soft" soulful shit; from corny shit like Heavy D (that was hugely popular) to argually Method Man's biggest hit with I'll Be There For You. Rappers like 2pac were never really afraid of expressing emotion either.

True. And then there is Eminem who was basically a raw nerve ending on his first couple of albums.

xHiryu

Slightly off topic, can any of you goons recommend me some music or artists that sound similar to Kaytranada's 99.9%? I know it isn't hip hop but the project has been on repeat for the past 3 weeks, I know Daft Punk is kinda similar but is there anyone that makes music similar to 99.9%?

FEAR. is imo a top 3 Kendrick song, lyricism is on another fucking level. Really not fucking with Element like all the other people, although the "sexy" lines have been stuck in my head for a while. Still though GKMC>TPAB=DAMN.>S80, 2017 has delivered so far bruhz

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Kung Fu Kenny just did 610k first week

DAMN.
Damn I assume TPAB or GKMC were nowhere close to those numbers

Dereck

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Kung Fu Kenny just did 610k first week

DAMN.
Wow

Slightly off topic, can any of you goons recommend me some music or artists that sound similar to Kaytranada's 99.9%? I know it isn't hip hop but the project has been on repeat for the past 3 weeks, I know Daft Punk is kinda similar but is there anyone that makes music similar to 99.9%?
The Internet?
Thundercat?

Tokubetsu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBJYGs25fLc

psW6pzG.gif

i like both the new big boi tracks but i'm someone who also enjoyed the last one enough, inoffensive summer fun for me. should be good for driving around this june alongside the HOOPS album

new slowdive has some truly wow tracks on the first half. i legit said 'wow' out loud.. dips into xx atmosphere (but good) in the back half and sorta loses me but overall it's a great album

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
When would you say it passed from Kanye to him?
Take Care
Maybe even right after the Taylor Swift thing TBH.

Lmao this is classic KTT.

Who's still talking about More Life
I am, slaps as hard as it did day one.

ITS BAKAAAAAAAAAAAA

lmao. I have such a love/hate relationship with Zane. He gets good stuff from his guests, but sometimes man.
Agreed. Sometimes I think he's good at gently asking hard questions, other times he's basically just fellating them. Weird balance, but perhaps he needs both.

Kendrick literally just went on Twitter to deny any 2nd album is coming.
Kenneth threw out a generic ass "more music is coming," which is essentially just "I'm not retiring yet" and brehs prematurely ejaculated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom