• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daingurse

Does anyone else think android 21s design is trash?

f2242743b97f61442b2a80c824e4dc0474bcafacbe2e377599689cdd5338c999.jpg

Think I need to see the character in motion to really get a feel for the deisgn. I just feel straight up indifferent right now.

Slaythe

21 looks pretty damn good.

If you want a trash design to complain about,

The re-imagined version of 17 as an 8 years old got you covered.

2pLqvH.jpg

Crocodile

Cabba's only purpose was to be an introduction to the idea that "if there's other universes that means there's other Saiyans!"

if anyone sticks around, it's going to be the other two, because female Super Saiyans are a new thing. Cabba serves no purpose anymore

...orrrrr U6 doesn't get destroyed, they all go back to their planet and tell everyone to make their back tingly and then you have a whole planet of Super Saiyans!

If Caluifa was the Sayian rep for Universe 6 instead of Cabba, got Super Sayian there, and then thought Kale the transformation (revealing her to be a LSSJ) before the Tournament of Power, you could have eliminated the need for Cabba whatsoever. That isn't to say they can't do a lot with Cabba in the future but so far you could have easily written him out of the show with little consequence.

Skeeter49

You know what they should have done?

Have Tien knock the guy out, keep one clone in, Tien talks shit, and the Doctor from U6 knocks the Tien clone out.

I wanted the real Tien to fall out, then one clone to be left on stage. The real Tien sits in the stands, and transfers his life force or whatever to the clone and bam, he's back in the game.

Zomba13

I wanted the real Tien to fall out, then one clone to be left on stage. The real Tien sits in the stands, and transfers his life force or whatever to the clone and bam, he's back in the game.

Or if Tien falls out, does the whole talking to the guy on the way down and then it cuts to the stands with everyone waiting for him to show up but he doesn't. Everyone is confused then Krillin spots a Tien still in the arena walking off to another fight.

Just watched the new episode, was alright. Givin roshi more awesome episodes really hurts the tien fan in me tho i luv rosh.

Felt Frost being able to reflect mafuba was kinda dumb, but whatevs

also once again, Goku forgets instant transmission

Or if Tien falls out, does the whole talking to the guy on the way down and then it cuts to the stands with everyone waiting for him to show up but he doesn't. Everyone is confused then Krillin spots a Tien still in the arena walking off to another fight.

Its almost like it would be incredibly easy to make Tien look cool if Supers writers actually wanted to...

ElyrionX

This arc is starting to drag. They spend way too much time on weak and inconsequential characters. The fat woman blocking Goku now obviously has no chance and already has taken up screen time in two episodes now. And the whole I-can-take-you-out-in-two-secs-if-I-go-blue-but-I'm-just-going-to-fight-in-base-form-because-reasons shtick is getting really fucking old.

dickroach

this arc started to drag 20 episodes ago

edit: we're 31 episodes into this arc. the first 20 episodes were the recruitment and the last 11 have been the tournament.
cut to the fucking chase already

Slaythe

Holy shit it's been 21 episodes ?!

That's insane.

I'm kind of okay with it. There's been too much Goku and Vegeta shit but I'm not deluding myself, if they had less episodes the other characters would get even less to do.

At least each episode is self contained and that's really cool to watch, like chapters.

We know why they remade the OP now lmao, gonna take a whiiile.

At least they will remember where he is unlike 17

Luckily they also forgot about 18 entirely since 102.
They'll show back up soon, it's only been a few episodes. I'm sure they'll be in the special and probably get a big episode in the climax following or something.

This arc is starting to drag. They spend way too much time on weak and inconsequential characters. The fat woman blocking Goku now obviously has no chance and already has taken up screen time in two episodes now. And the whole I-can-take-you-out-in-two-secs-if-I-go-blue-but-I'm-just-going-to-fight-in-base-form-because-reasons shtick is getting really fucking old.

The marketing has hyped up Ribrianne as one of the big contenders, she's not a nobody.

Also I guess you completely missed the part where they said they are saving their stamina because this is a marathon, not a sprint. Blue drains them, so they don't want to get tired before the final fights. They're still using Blue when they need to.

I do agree that they took too long to get through the fodder though, but at least we're pretty much done with that.

Ribrianne busted through 17's barrier like it was glass lol, I think she's gonna be tougher than people think

And that was shrugged off like it was nothing, and then she fought to standstill and was forced to retreat. We all watched the ep. If she's supposed to be tough, they've done a pisspoor job of showing that, same as dyspo pre Hit.

Slaythe

And that was shrugged off like it was nothing, and then she fought to standstill and was forced to retreat. We all watched the ep. If she's supposed to be tough, they've done a pisspoor job of showing that, same as dyspo pre Hit.

I think she is going to get a power up through the power of love and friendship, literally.

She's on the manga poser for the arc, so she'll do good.

caliph95

THey did a better job with Dyspo than Ribranne because Hit was pressure and had to figure his way out except for her big love attack that really didn't do much no one really took her seriously

brinstar

Fighting Android 17 and walking away from it fine is no small feat imo. Not saying they can't do better displaying her strength I'm just saying I don't think she's gonna be a chump.

Skeeter49

Ribrianne either has another transformation, or people can give her energy.

One of the two will happen most likely.

I somehow secretly suspect Cabba will be a major tournament MVP in a way none of us are expecting.

Cabba will reveal he has a third eye, and will take down the invisible bug men, solidifying him as Tien status once and for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom