• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we get a repost of the U4 team?

4dx43Go.jpg

:p

That was a great episode, but now they really need to start writing around the Mafuba since it appears to basically work on anyone. Of course, they haven't even bothered explaining why Goku doesn't just teleport everywhere with IT, so whatever.

As for the manga spoilers:

I'm into this swerve, if it happens. The bugs combining makes sense, especially since they completely avoided the "Tien fights them with his good eyes" episode everyone expected. Also, rat god is still smug as fuck despite having lost most of his team. He has a trick left, and it's not just hide these bugs until time runs out. Further, he was introduced as a direct antagonist to Universe 7, baiting Sidra into attacking them before the ToP started. Secret final boss!

One thing that bothers me about the manga spoilers:
Why wouldn't beerus say anything about this mortal if he knew the rat god lost to him. Understandable Whis would be coy about it, since his life isn't on the line, but Beerus would have at least given a warning that there is someone so strong. Or even Beerus would have his eyes out on the U4 guys looking for which one could have beeten the rat god. Also the video posted earlier didn't specifically say the mortal was from the same universe as the GoD. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtRte5RF_AY&feature=youtu.be&t=29s

CazTGG

Might as well bring up this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtzxUme8bSs

You can even read comments by some claiming Quitela is the one who beat Beerus in arm wrestling.

I mean, Beerus didn't have a problem getting physical in this scene, at least to the point where it could have escalated to a battle of GoDs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApluFT886XY

Also, I think people are looking for a red herring where there isn't one. I sincerely doubt they'd go through all this build up with Jiren only for them to go "oh yeah",
Universe 4 has a person who's even stronger, no biggie"
. Not only would that be terrible writing since nothing about it is set up when Beerus could have warned Goku and co. about how dangerous
U4
is and how they should target them first, it would further cement how useless Jiren is as a "character" to push Goku beyond his current limits. At best, i'd expect
the invisible warriors from U4 to fight the androids in a 2 v. 2 match
but that's about it.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
The mortal stronger than a god is Jiren, guys. They are already hyping him up.

Edit: Well, probably not. Maybe they're saving him for a future arc? I really doubt it's Damon from U4.

The mortal stronger than a god is Jiren, guys. They are already hyping him up.

I honestly think said mortal hasn't been shown yet, and he's in one of the 4 universes not participating. Assuming said mortal is one of the strongest mortals, probably the strongest, then if he is in this tourney, then that means they will likely have to jump to fighting GoD's in wherever the next arc takes us, which I think it's a bit too soon for that.

Beerus didn't mention U4 because he's embarrassed and he didn't see the strongest mortal. Little does he know that the strongest mortal is the fusion of the bugs and the blue guy so he hasn't recognized him yet.

I mean, Beerus didn't have a problem getting physical in this scene, at least to the point where it could have escalated to a battle of GoDs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApluFT886XY

Also, I think people are looking for a red herring where there isn't one. I sincerely doubt they'd go through all this build up with Jiren only for them to go "oh yeah",
Universe 4 has a person who's even stronger, no biggie"
. Not only would that be terrible writing since nothing about it is set up when Beerus could have warned Goku and co. about how dangerous
U4
is and how they should target them first, it would further cement how useless Jiren is as a "character" to push Goku beyond his current limits. At best, i'd expect
the invisible warriors from U4 to fight the androids in a 2 v. 2 match
but that's about it.
The plot writing is already bad and has been for a good minute.

Whis or Beerus not warning anyone in U7 would be another example of it.

Again, Dragon Ball Super is a show where you turn off your brain and ride the nostalgia.

Beerus didn't mention U4 because he's embarrassed and he didn't see the strongest mortal. Little does he know that the strongest mortal is the fusion of the bugs and the blue guy so he hasn't recognized him yet.

That should bring his suspicion level way up though if such a strong mortal isn't in such an important tourney. If this does happen, it would have to be explained by beerus not knowing who the mortal is, but still, even knowing what universe he's from should've made beerus act differently than he has.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I honestly think said mortal hasn't been shown yet, and he's in one of the 4 universes not participating. Assuming said mortal is one of the strongest mortals, probably the strongest, then if he is in this tourney, then that means they will likely have to jump to fighting GoD's in wherever the next arc takes us, which I think it's a bit too soon for that.

I mean, the next arc will depend entirely on how this one ends. If this all ends with a fused universe then they'll have stories to tell for years and won't need to rely on constantly upping the ante. They'll have all kinds of characters, villains, and planets to work with.

HeroR

we don't know where that strong mortal thing is even going yet, don't assume that that's going to be some super important plot point played straight, no one saw the Monaka troll coming when Beerus first brought up the thing about someone stronger than Goku. It may not play out as obviously as everyone assumes it will on the surface.

Actually, several people said that Beerus could have been lying about Monaka even before Monaka was introduced in the anime.

That should bring his suspicion level way up though if such a strong mortal isn't in such an important tourney. If this does happen, it would have to be explained by beerus not knowing who the mortal is, but still, even knowing what universe he's from should've made beerus act differently than he has.
Ummm I predict he'll reveal that it did in fact raise his suspicion level, but he didn't bother to mention it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

What do you think Goku and Vegeta would do if Beerus told them about this guy being from a universe in the tournament? Goku is already trying to make a bee-line for Jiren and he just looks strong.

It makes a certain amount of sense for Beerus to shut his mouth about this considering the rules of the tournament and what's at stake. He doesn't want them charging straight for a guy that could beat him in a fight and getting knocked out 2 seconds in.

That or it will be some stupid troll about how whoever it is, is just really good at arm wrestling and is shit at everything else.

HeroR

The Dragon Ball fandom, once they get an idea for a theory, they run with it. Just like everyone was sure the ending theory had some credit because Krillin and Tien went out first.

I mean, the next arc will depend entirely on how this one ends. If this all ends with a fused universe then they'll have stories to tell for years and won't need to rely on constantly upping the ante. They'll have all kinds of characters, villains, and planets to work with.

This is Dragon Ball. It's what it does, up the ante. Even then, the ante is more tame compared to Z since no villain so far surpassed Beerus except maybe Anime Merged Zamasu and that is left vague.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The Dragon Ball fandom, once they get an idea for a theory, they run with it. Just like everyone was sure the ending theory had some credit because Krillin and Tien went out first.

This is Dragon Ball. It's what it does, up the ante. Even then, the ante is more tame compared to Z since no villain so far surpassed Beerus except maybe Anime Merged Zamasu and that is left vague.

Honestly, with Beerus in existence, the basic Dragon Ball formula of "fight stronger dude" is kinda lame. As it is the Dragon Balls could wish everything back to normal, but now Beerus can beat pretty much everyone if push came to shove. Stuff like the Trunks arc and this one are just the team writing around that fact while trying to keep the same formula. Like, I enjoy most episodes, but I have to admit the plot structure is kinda stale at this point. I wouldn't mind it if Goku and the others never got on Beerus's level and just dicked around having fun or fighting guys who were dead even with them and finding interesting ways to win.

AdanVC

Me Jiren, me grey, me strong, The End.

Toppo: tell him about the time w-
Jiren: No.

LOL! You know, I wouldn't mind if they end up not telling Jiren's backstory. I like that mistery surrounding Jiren. Somebody being god of destruction levels of power coming out of nowher and nobody knows how he obtained that power.

Gurrry

So im way behind you guys, but I finally got to the Future Trunks saga and holy SHIT this awesome. The first couple of arcs have been good, but not this good. Such a great set up. It really adds some emotion to the story seeing the stuff Future Trunks goes through.

Also love the little plot details that are developing along the way (like Mai being the girl in Pilafs group).

Really great story telling so far. Much better than the first couple of sagas IMO.

Ohh, exciting developments!! Exciting!

Also, Frieza isn't going to turn traitor (another theory I have), he is going to do something to bring out and help push Gohan's hidden power way past its limits. He will help train Gohan up during this ToP in order to ensure his own survival. Frieza will conclude that it isn't Goku that is the key to everyone's survival here, but Gohan if he can drag out that power that's inside him to its very limits.

Could that be what Frieza is up to? Could Frieza, of all people, be just the master Gohan needed all along to get to the next level? Maybe people like Piccolo or Goku just aren't the right motivation or push he requires? Frieza betraying them is far too predictable. He'll definitely mess around some, but he wants to survive and be resurrected. He now has some larger goals.

HardRojo

I'd love to see Goku like this some day, but I know this armor ain't coming back :(

Code:
[IMG]https://img00.deviantart.net/3668/i/2016/110/8/6/goku_super_saiyan_god_super_saiyan_by_hsvhrt-d9zkrmd.png[/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom