• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
You want to know the real reason why he said that & the real reason why she hasn't been playable since Tekken 3?

Because he didn't want Jun fans to be upset & because
she's too old to be playable.

She's not even that popular in the Asian regions, which is what the series has always targeted against.

So your just talking out of your ass. Great to know.

Favorite Xiao Design.

She used to look more like a martial artist and less like a model.

Nobody in this series looks like a martial artist except Baek and Hwaorang in their karate gi's. The stylized look is how things should be

CSX

Kinda expected this "delay" since they gave out a PS4 build of a game to a recent tournament in Europe. The build still had long ass loading times and missing half the stages. If it was coming out in Early 2017, i imagined that their build would be near final.

Season Pass just tells me that Namco now wants our money to keep the game updated alongside the arcade version. I want to say a while back that they mentioned that the plan is to keep the arcade and console version updated side by side.

And hot damn a 1060 for recommended specs?!

And lol Eliza.....

ZeroX03

Banned
You want to know the real reason why he said that & the real reason why she hasn't been playable since Tekken 3?

Because he didn't want Jun fans to be upset & because
she's too old to be playable.

She's not even that popular in the Asian regions, which is what the series has always targeted against.

I'm a bit tired and not going to check, but iirc she's actually reasonably popular in Asia arcade. There's less popular characters who didn't get in.

Speaking of popular characters who didn't get in due to similarities to other characters, RIP AK. Now there's a popular character who got shafted.

I'm a bit tired and not going to check, but iirc she's actually reasonably popular in Asia arcade.

Only because most of the time, she was teamed up with Asuka. With anyone else or even individually? I doubt it.

Speaking of popular characters who didn't get in due to similarities to other characters, RIP AK. Now there's a popular character who got shafted.

Now Armor King is someone who should be brought back.

Thanks.

I don't mind getting the final complete version of the game it just sucks that's it been this long since if we use the SF that's years of not doing focus attacks, ultras, the new links, etc. you're still behind even if the latest arcade SF is only a few months ahead of the console release. I think that's what others are upset about mostly. Anyway don't mean to derail thread just happy to have a date now.

I see your point . I just feel it beats the negativity surrounding the game in its early arcade releases , aka alpha/beta state . Not everyone was underwhelmed then , but plenty were not happy with the title as it stood , when it came to the new but broken mechanics , the stages chosen , the character list , and all the complaints about the dated graphics it had . And all of that negative hype would be there with a console release 1.5 to 2 years ago .

Skip to 2016 and now in arcades , when it enjoy success so far , at least even from some of the arcade players initially unhappy . It's a quite different game now , beyond just revamped and updated graphics

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Well... I wouldn't discard the spoiler motive if I were you

If they even cared about that they would just draw her as a milf instead of an aged person. Its not a big deal. nina is old enough to be everyone's grandma and is already a MILF anyway, so is Annanana.

Pretty glad to hear that the release date has been confirmed, but not what some expected since the tentative date before was "early 2017." Though as long as the game is being polished up, then I'm fine with it. Though what worries me is that it's being released around 2 weeks after Injustice 2, which I feel will put a dent on T7's sales, giving NRS' track record of their games selling extremely well.

Probably won't get it day 1, since I will be at a tight budget. So probably no free Eliza for me. :/

After being around for years, I'm a little bummed that T7 has a season pass. But then again loads of games have season passes these days.

Having legacy costumes and a jukebox mode is great, but gotta feel bad for those that are planning to get the XB1 and PC version. Personally, it's not the PS-exclusive content I had in mind.

Edit: Also when's Julia?

Kashiwaba

So both this and Injustice 2 git DLC only characters :( suddenly SFV system seems more appealing, since at least I unlocked 7 characters without paying any extra penny.

David___

Banned
Was in until the Season pass. I literally never did it but after SF5 Im done paying more to keep the game updated regarding playable characters. At least give me a path in earning the characters for free.

Playsage

Heihachi has
died, deaged, then reaged.
No excuses.
1. Technically, he never died. 2. Was done for marketing and tribute reasons in a non-canon game 3. We are back to canon

If they even cared about that they would just draw her as a milf instead of an aged person. Its not a big deal. nina is old enough to be everyone's grandma and is already a MILF anyway, so is Annanana.
Well, fuck that. For how ludicrously hypersexualised the game already is, at least Harada hasn't dared to do this in canon outside of the already established example of Nina and Anna.

Also, we should stop asking for Jun. She isn't necessary for any story reasons
and she would be just a clone character of the *sigh* most popular character of the game :p

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Only 2 characters in the season pass?

Steam Store Page said:
Get TEKKEN 7 Deluxe Edition and expand your fighter's journey with two additional playable characters, a new game mode and hundreds of additional costumes. As an exclusive gift for purchase, receive over 30 metallic costumes for your characters and shine in the Iron Fist Tournament!

LowParry

You're doing it wrong Namco. You're doing it wrong.
n7JeFls.jpg

Haven't really played Tekken since PS2 days, really looking forward to 7. Not often that a fighting game comes out that has a lot of characters I'm interested in trying

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Only 2 characters in the season pass?

That should come as a relief. Should be no characters in the season pass. Free content updates (ala Tag 2), sure, but paid characters? Blah. Sucks that NetherRealm made it "okay" to do.

LowParry

That should come as a relief. Should be no characters in the season pass. Free content updates (ala Tag 2), sure, but paid characters? Blah. Sucks that NetherRealm made it "okay" to do.

This was bound to happen. I don't think Namco could of done it any other way. The days of "free" are over (though SFVs model works). DLC should be content that's built and released after the game's release. Not cut content to be sold as DLC.

Wild Card

They say they did it because they kept getting request's. Makes sense to me, they never update/support their games after release like pretty much every other fighting game dev.

yyr

They say they did it because they kept getting request's. Makes sense to me, they never update/support their games after release like pretty much every other fighting game dev.

Um, every Tekken game since 2 has added characters post-launch. I still remember the excitement of seeing a new character every week. Then, the home version came out after the arcade's unlock process had finished (granted, in most of the earlier games they made us re-unlock everybody by blowing through arcade mode over and over). Obviously, in the early games, all the characters were in the game to begin with, they just didn't appear in the game until a certain number of days had passed. Nowadays, they're added via patches.

The big difference with this latest game is that apparently, they're adding more characters to it even after the console version releases. This is similar to how Sega recently handled Project DIVA Future Tone. They sold us DLC for the PS4 version that included songs added to the arcade game after the PS4 version came out.

I just wonder how many characters it is. I see mentions that there are only 2. What's the source for this? The official press release does not give a number.

I just wonder how many characters it is. I see mentions that there are only 2. What's the source for this? The official press release does not give a number.
From the Steam Store page.

Steam Store Page said:
Get TEKKEN 7 Deluxe Edition and expand your fighter's journey with two additional playable characters, a new game mode and hundreds of additional costumes. As an exclusive gift for purchase, receive over 30 metallic costumes for your characters and shine in the Iron Fist Tournament!

Cloukyo

Banned
That game already has a billion characters, stop whining. Namco tried the free character thing and no-one cared, it's still a business and I think people here can afford to pay a few extra pennies if one of the characters is a character they like.

Tekken doesn't make much money on consoles as it is, we should support namco and harada as much as we can if we want this franchise to survive. Rather than spewing negativity about the fact that we have to pay for the extra work they put in to create console exclusive characters.

Personally, I'll get the season pass, I doubt it'll cost a lot and if it adds to the game then all the better.

Here's a reminder that they could've gotten away with releasing this game with minimal story mode, lack of features, a tiny cast, barely any bonus modes, no extra costumes, no customisation, etc. like Street Fighter V did.

(who wants to bet this game has more cutscenes than FFXV did?)

yyr

From the Steam Store page.

Hmmmm.

The "hundreds of additional costumes" line makes me wonder if they're going the route of the console version of VF5FS, and making you pay for customization items...either per-character or Season Pass...ick.

Neoxon

Was in until the Season pass. I literally never did it but after SF5 Im done paying more to keep the game updated regarding playable characters. At least give me a path in earning the characters for free.
Unless another fighting game adopts SFV's Fight Money system (maybe MvCI or the rumored Riot fighting game), paid DLC in fighting games is the norm. Hell, even Smash has (7) paid DLC characters.

Top Bottom