• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
My wallet thanks you.
Lol ok this is going to sound hypocritical since I already have my preorder in, but you realistically have one game, Zelda, at launch. There are LOADS of other games to play in the meantime and around launch. It's not going anywhere and if you wait, I guaranfuckingtee you fucking Nintendo will release a bundle or a special edition or some shit that has Zelda or Mario or something that some Switch owners will wish they got or waited for instead.

They did it for the Wii U and the 3DS (several times), so gun for that.

From what I've been reading of launch, there have been several problems which you'll avoid as well. On top of all this, you will definitely be able to pick up a used copy of Zelda or any other Switch game later for less (even if it's 5 bucks less)

...for fuck's sake. Dude just spit on the driver over something stupid and he just ran off.

Lol ok this is going to sound hypocritical since I already have my preorder in, but you realistically have one game, Zelda, at launch. There are LOADS of other games to play in the meantime and around launch. It's not going anywhere and if you wait, I guaranfuckingtee you fucking Nintendo will release a bundle or a special edition or some shit that has Zelda or Mario or something that some Switch owners will wish they got or waited for instead.

They did it for the Wii U and the 3DS (several times), so gun for that.

From what I've been reading of launch, there have been several problems which you'll avoid as well. On top of all this, you will definitely be able to pick up a used copy of Zelda or any other Switch game later for less (even if it's 5 bucks less)

...for fuck's sake. Dude just spit on the driver over something stupid and he just ran off.

I can't wait for a bundle. I need my Zelda fix ASAP.

dluu13

Fucking Kraftwerk...!

Wouldn't having the whole thing built make it sturdier and likely able withstand the winds...?

Well...I've only been to the one in Scarberia near SCT.
I mean that had the wind not blown it down today, they might not have known until the house was finished. By that point, it would cost so much more to fix.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
OK, so who's going to buy bomberman so we can play 8P at a meetup?

For sure, I know EvilMario is getting it, I may ask for a switch from 1-2 switch to bomberman, but if not, I guess I can bring 1-2 switch.

You will MILK that goddamn cow, soultron, and you will LIKE it...!

soultron

Banned
For sure, I know EvilMario is getting it, I may ask for a switch from 1-2 switch to bomberman, but if not, I guess I can bring 1-2 switch.

You will MILK that goddamn cow, soultron, and you will LIKE it...!

shame time: i actually preordered 1-2 switch
canceled today tho lol

Strong winds blow over Leslieville house under construction

W2NUv1b.jpg

Fucking carpenters. :p
Cheap shit materials, particle boards instead of plywood.

ZZMitch

Amazon.ca just released their non-preorder stock for Nintento Switch if anyone is interested!

Just ordered neon switch + Zelda + Pro controller. Will be here on Tuesday apparently.

You've already played the best Zelda - Link's Awakening.

Anyone who disagrees with me (at least until BoTW officially comes out and we can play it) can fight me.

YOU'RE FIRST IN LINE, EVILMARIO! I SAID, SKYWARD BORED!!!

Link to the Past is best

I had to buy Nintendo Power to get through Awakening lol, no gamefaqs back then :(

There's literally nothing stopping me from getting one on Amazon, but I feel like I can afford to wait a bit later. Looks like a Wii situation won't be repeated.

krae_man

Got a walk up Switch no problem.

Walk up Switch people were team warm and couldn't handle the cold it seems.

Got in line 6:30am for a 9am open and nobody else got in line until 8 and the masses didn't start showing up until 8:45.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Walk up got Wii U Zelda.

I was expecting it to be rammed since the back entrance had signs saying to go to the front to lineup for the Switch. Absolutely nobody in there.

Almost felt like if I asked for a Switch they'd have a couple available. Either way I'm not an early adopter if I do end up getting the Switch probably won't be until summer at earliest.

krae_man

My feet were freezing waiting outside for 2 and a half hours for the Switch and now they are overcompensating by being hot as fuck.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I guess my impressions will be one of many.

It's small and light as fuck. The Switch has a nice design though and I'm glad it's an evolution of the Wii u in that you can play it mobile and not suffer any real consequences.

Set up was quick and easy though friend codes are lame. The UI is really simple, but it gets the job done without being cluttered. The screen is bright, touch is responsive, and viewing angles are great.

The joycons, unfortunately, really are tiny as fuck. They looked small and uncomfortable in the videos when one is held sideways and holding one in person don't change things. It also feels a bit weird to not have proper directional input as well, but that would mess with the design of they had made it like that. There was a bit of rumble in the demo I played, but not enough to say one way or another if HD rumble is any good.

Final thoughts are the same as I had before. There's really only one game worth playing, and as much as I love Zelda, it's NOT worth the 550 CAD you'd pay for everything right now. I really do think they should've held off at least another month or two (really, Wii U was dead anyways, holding off Zelda wasn't going to make a difference), to iron out the connectivity kinks and to have at LEAST one more must play or two really good to have games.

dluu13

I think I finally understand Sansotei. I guess I never had enough ramen to remember flavour. But these couple of days, having a friend over who wanted to try a couple ramen places in Toronto, I got to try a two in a row. Add that with the fact that the last couple of times I had ramen was at Sansotei and the difference was... palpable.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I think I finally understand Sansotei. I guess I never had enough ramen to remember flavour. But these couple of days, having a friend over who wanted to try a couple ramen places in Toronto, I got to try a two in a row. Add that with the fact that the last couple of times I had ramen was at Sansotei and the difference was... palpable.
We should do a Ramen Run with other Asians like Quadratic...and EvilMario 😂

Sansotei, Kinton, and Ryoji are some good shit. Hakata Shoryuken (yes THAT shoryuken) is pretty good too. I don't think you can go wrong with any of those. I just wish we had better izakaya places. We really only have Zakkushi and that's it...the others are extremely underwhelming in comparison - like comparing other Zeldas to Link's Awakening.

Goddamn do I love that game. The soundtrack is my absolute favourite and the rendition by Second Narrator on YouTube is just stellar. Oh wait, back to ramen, well Momofuku is ok too but it doesn't seem to have the extra kick that the other places I mentioned.

dluu13

We should do a Ramen Run with other Asians like Quadratic...and EvilMario 😂

Sansotei, Kinton, and Ryoji are some good shit. Hakata Shoryuken (yes THAT shoryuken) is pretty good too. I don't think you can go wrong with any of those. I just wish we had better izakaya places. We really only have Zakkushi and that's it...the others are extremely underwhelming in comparison - like comparing other Zeldas to Link's Awakening.

Goddamn do I love that game. The soundtrack is my absolute favourite and the rendition by Second Narrator on YouTube is just stellar. Oh wait, back to ramen, well Momofuku is ok too but it doesn't seem to have the extra kick that the other places I mentioned.

Momofuku was the first place I tried after Ryu's noodle bar on Baldwin. But I never went enough to really remember the flavour.
I guess what I needed was some inferior ramen to compare it to in quick succession XD

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Momofuku was the first place I tried after Ryu's noodle bar on Baldwin. But I never went enough to really remember the flavour.
I guess what I needed was some inferior ramen to compare it to in quick succession XD
Kinton is literally down the street on Baldwin I tells ya... 😭

dluu13

Kinton is literally down the street on Baldwin I tells ya... 😭

I have been there as well, but the visits were so far spaced out I don't remember. I only started paying attention in the past couple of months. I haven't been back to Kinton for a while though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I have been there as well, but the visits were so far spaced out I don't remember. I only started paying attention in the past couple of months. I haven't been back to Kinton for a while though.
It's pretty much what I base other ramen joints on.

Also reminds me that my favourite sushi place, Solo Sushi Bekkan on Grosvener is shutting down Mar 31 and the owner has to find another spot.

I highly highly recommend going at least once if you guys have never been. The sushi has a slightly sweet taste to it and the sushi rice is the best in the city - you can actually taste the vinegar and it's just overall awesome.

It's no JaBistro with the smells to make your mouth water, but as just a regular sushi space without extras, I honestly can't find a better place. I haven't been to the new Zen Sushi yet, but I'd much rather go to Solo Sushi vs any of the other fancy sushi places that just have underwhelming sushi.

Sushi Moto is fantastic for large groups, quick service, and acceptable sushi. Other than that...I've been underwhelmed by the sushi I've had at other places recently.

dluu13

Also reminds me that my favourite sushi place, Solo Sushi Bekkan on Grosvener is shutting down Mar 31 and the owner has to find another spot.

I highly highly recommend going at least once if you guys have never been. The sushi has a slightly sweet taste to it and the sushi rice is the best in the city - you can actually taste the vinegar and it's just overall awesome.

It's no JaBistro with the smells to make your mouth water, but as just a regular sushi space without extras, I honestly can't find a better place. I haven't been to the new Zen Sushi yet, but I'd much rather go to Solo Sushi vs any of the other fancy sushi places that just have underwhelming sushi.

Sushi Moto is fantastic for large groups, quick service, and acceptable sushi. Other than that...I've been underwhelmed by the sushi I've had at other places recently.
I found that the rice in the sushi at salmon lovers on Dundas is also quite delicious.

ahdurian

wait...Solo Sushi Bekkan is closing? fuck

Kraftwerk

speaking of ramen; I always have a weird experience when I go to ramen isshin. Last time I went, I sat down and said im waiting for one more person, then they moved me from the tables to the side wall table and took one of the two menus away, and I said I need a second menu for the friend that is coming, and the waiter just shook his head and said no no no no. THen my friend came, we asked three times for a menu. Ordered beer, and I was about to grab my beer a few minutes later when the waiter comes with the food behind me without warning and put it on the table, burning my hand a little and spilling my beer. Didnt get offer a new beer or an apology, Just a rag to clean shit with.

I feel like im not welcome in a lot of these ethnic places. Pho Pasteur made me wait 20 minutes past two times when i went alone, just to get a menu, and the lady said in a very rude way if i was actually ordering anything.

Do i look like a bum?

the fuck.

Top Bottom