• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTTV Revealing New Sony Game "Very Soon", More

Massa

thcsquad said:
Someone asked jstevenson in this thread if he knew which game it is, and he said yes. Nobody is deducing that from the 'its not an Insomniac game', he stated it outright. If you want to find it, its right around the not an Insomniac game comment.

Oh, I missed that.

Garjon

Also, a dutch site claims the game will be announced at 8pm GMT by a SCEE spokesperson. No idea how reliable this, especially since I can't understand Dutch :(

http://ps3hype.nl/nieuws/5518-sony-kondigt-vandaag-rond-2100-uur-een-nieuwe-ps3-exclusive-aan

It links to the following Twitter account (Dave Epke):
http://twitter.com/daveepke

Damn, beaten again :(

KennyLinder said:
Wasn't that site the one that had the leaked "Trico" video, about a week before E3 last year?
That's the one, but they themselves admitted the information was fake, especially when the guy promised they would have screenshots by a certain date. It all went down in a GAF thread as well.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
God damnit guys, I'm kinda starting to get my hopes up for this one. lol
I should know better, but it seems they're making this a big thing for some reason.

Denzar

Mikey Jr. said:
SCEE?

So what games we looking at?

KZ3, and what else?
Something From Sony Cambridge, Evolution Studios, Sony Bend, Media Molecule and probably another Sony dev I'm forgetting.

Garjon

Mikey Jr. said:
SCEE?

KZ3, and what else?
I have no idea, but I'm pretty sure they are the same game, like SolidSnakex and agaru say. KZ3 is almost certainly what it is though.

Denzar

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
Some"one" on n4groan said he saw the trailer.

"We thought it was MS3 here at the tilt, but since have been shown new footage of Starhawk and we are about 80% positive it's Starhawk now. The MS3 trailer will be shown off at GDC next week. It looks amazing, by the way.

As for Starhawk, what we've seen, Starwars has little on it. It looks intense and epic."

[...]

"It looks better than Warhawk. Things are more streamline now. The characters are more scaled. Much thinner and lankier. The textures have improved a great deal. A tad under Uncharted 2's maybe... Somewhere in between.

The trailer we've seen has a central planet where a battle is taking place, a black ship with red boosters lifts off and jumps into space, one movement and animation, and engauges in a dogfight with a massive fleet of other ships. Way more than 32, believe me. More like 100, but don't quote me on the exaxt number.

One ship lands on the deck of a larger battleship thing and a guy jumps out. He has a laser rifle. He shoots out a node on the side of the ship. Ship starts rocking. At this time a massive amount of other ships storm the larger battle ship and start hitting it in sweeps. Guy jumps off the ship's landing and rocket boost away as the ship explodes.

Trailer ends.

It looks intense. Massive battles here. Massive."

Could be pure fan-sturbation, but hey, isn't that what we're doing here too? :)

It's the "Sony will announce..." story. I'm not going to link it here though.

Just seen a CVG article about KZ3 being 3D compatible and using the Arc. If the announcement we get tonight isn't KZ3, and is something else, I'm pretty excited. KZ2 was ace and so was Warhawk and LittleBigPlanet. An announcement of a sequel to those would make me happy. Motorstorm too. S'all good.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Mikey Jr. said:
SCEE?

KZ3, and what else?

That a SCEE guy teased an announcement doesn't mean its a SCEE game.

It's a 'Sony' game, so of course SCEE will also be announcing it along with the other regions.

Moobabe

Ok guys, an hour and a half to go. What's your money on?

If it's a SCEE announcement would that imply that it's from a European Studio?

Edit - I guess not :p

Cesar

Banned

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Arkham said:
Some"one" on n4groan said he saw the trailer.

Could be pure fan-sturbation, but hey, isn't that what we're doing here too? :)

It's the "Sony will announce..." story. I'm not going to link it here though.

Hope this is true. Sounds exactly like the planet-to-air-to-space stuff I'm hoping for.

You're right though, could just be fan fic.

*supresses expectations*

Ridley

Neo Member
Holy shit Killzone 3 seems pretty sure now. Its developed by 1st party (SCEE) and is one of those few upcoming games that can be graphically as impressive as GOW III. And if its coming this year as rumored Sony wants to start their hypetrain on time like they did with Uncharted 2 and Resistance 2. No time to wait E3 and propably gets even more attention this way.

Mikey Jr.

Moobabe said:
Ok guys, an hour and a half to go. What's your money on?

If it's a SCEE announcement would that imply that it's from a European Studio?

Edit - I guess not :p

My HOPE:

Killzone 3.

My PREDICTION:

Syphon Filter

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Ridley said:
Holy shit Killzone 3 seems pretty sure now. Its developed by 1st party (SCEE) and is one of those few upcoming games that can be graphically as impressive as GOW III. And if its coming this year as rumored Sony wants to start their hypetrain on time like they did with Uncharted 2 and Resistance 2. No time to wait E3 and propably gets even more attention this way.

KZ3 @ E3, IMO. I think they'll go with the same treatment KZ2 had, its own little E3 show etc.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
Mikey Jr. said:
My HOPE:

Killzone 3.

My PREDICTION:

Syphon Filter

My CORRECTION:

StarHawk!

(Or Syphon Filter...) lul

I think it's too soon for KZ3. At least for announcing it this way.

AndyD

aka andydumi
bluehat9 said:
Aren't they working on Infamous 2? (even though I'd much rather have Sly back).

Maybe they will do alternating year sequels like Insomniac. Sly this year, Infamous 2 next...

My guess is KZ3, but my wish is Warhawk 2/Starhawk.

MDSLKTR

syphon_filter.jpg

Please. It's been way too long. Even a remake with coop will do.

offshore

KZ3 would make sense...I think Sony would want to "tag along" and try to disrupt the hype of Halo Reach, if assuming KZ3 would launch in the Fall, and KZ3 has some awesome stuff to show up Reach.

Denzar

This Dave Epke is dutch and says this on his Twitter:

"Vanavond rond 21:00 word er een nieuwe PS3 game bekend gemaakt.Tot nu toe nog geen juiste ''inzendingen'' waargenomen."

Basically he says a new game will be revealed at 9 O' clock GMT +1 time and that he has not heard on correct guess so far.

Now, if only I knew how we could see what people said to him.

agm2502

Whatever it is I hope it isn't a let down. I personally would like it to be Starhawk though. I think it'll be a game from one of Sony's european studios though.

Mikey Jr.

Deepack said:

Basically he says a new game will be revealed at 9 O' clock GMT +1 time and that he has not heard on correct guess so far.

Hmm, the first thing people would probably ask is KZ3.

androvsky

gofreak said:
Hope this is true. Sounds exactly like the planet-to-air-to-space stuff I'm hoping for.

You're right though, could just be fan fic.

*supresses expectations*

God help us all if someone that's willing to admit they worked on "the tilt" is right about something... okay, so it's obviously ...that guy... again. And if he's right he'll be insufferable for a couple months until his mystical flood of screenshots fail to materialize for a third time.

I'm almost willing to put up with it for the game described though.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Mikey Jr. said:
Nahhh, they have a hit with Infamous. They should strike while the iron is hot.

Nah. Ratchet is over, so they need another platformer that is not LBP, so Sly is a classic character from a team with a pedigree. Or we could see a Jak and Daxter revival. They need a platformer for the future.

Xater

Deepack said:

Do a search on Twitter for his name and look at all the mesages?

DMeisterJ

Banned
OMFG. Hype levels are through the roof for this game! I can't wait for another hour.... I have to know now!!!!!! :D :D :D

The Hype Train is going crazy... We are about to crash! D:

geoffmk

Geoff Keighley
Guys, I know you love to whip yourselves into a frenzy but no, we are not showing you a Killzone 3 trailer tonight on GTTV. The trailer we're showing is definitely a big frontline title for PS3 though. I believe some info will be online in advance of the trailer.

Geoff

yeah well will this game be out before end of 2010 or end up being one of those 2011 titles? and fuck you Grace Chen if it's a damn teaser trailer :|

EDIT: YES. not K3. Can you tell us if it's a shooter or not. please say action/adventure or something.

Top Bottom