• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Last night I decided to play some Survival and managed to get to the DZ, but with only shitty gear and no mats. At some point I was just fucking around trying to kill someone's Hunter with a blue M44 (lol) and this dude came close to me and started clapping. His name was Edd__ something. I asked him to join me and this crazy bastard basically carried me all the way through. We killed 3 bosses, he let me get all the loot, he built a golden M44 and G36, plus some other golden gear for me o_O

Thank you, dude.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I also went into Survival mode but with a different outcome, my friend and I gave it a few goes tonight but failed to finish it, we're both new to the game and didn't really have any idea what we were doing. The furthest we got was the DZ, we actually only missed a couple of mats to make the Flare Gun but we weren't very geared so may have died at the end anyway. It's definitely an interesting way to play but I doubt we'd farm it or anything once we complete it. I know zombies are overdone now but fuck me, Survival would have been awesome with zombies instead of regular NPCs.

I haven't been playing a whole lot the last couple days outside of a Heroic Falcon Lost Incursion last night so I hopped on tonight and Automatched for any Challenging mission and got Lincoln Tunnel...boom, boss dead, red beam of light...hmm, what could that be I pondered..holy smokes...Urban MDR with Distracted, Competent, and Ferocious. I had no idea it could even drop from the Lincoln boss.

I was becoming a bit bored again but this thing opens up new possibilities...

Edit: And now I deeply regret selling/dismantling all Firecrest gear...

Need more loadout slots.

axb2013

While I was going through the capture gallery I came across these so thought I'd share. My current best Last Stand score using the High End/Exotic build (nades are so OP tbh).

Nice! I've never even tried engaging hunters from a distance. I usually craft an AR or SMG. I played survival too much and have now quit survival, just can't make myself play it again. I'm l in love with the actual hunter fights but the build up to it just feels like a waste of time now, I wish they had a mode where I could replay the final 5 minutes over and over.

I also went into Survival mode but with a different outcome, my friend and I gave it a few goes tonight but failed to finish it, we're both new to the game and didn't really have any idea what we were doing. The furthest we got was the DZ, we actually only missed a couple of mats to make the Flare Gun but we weren't very geared so may have died at the end anyway. It's definitely an interesting way to play but I doubt we'd farm it or anything once we complete it. I know zombies are overdone now but fuck me, Survival would have been awesome with zombies instead of regular NPCs.
Always try to save up two green tools, a lower level safehouse allows you to craft an extended magazine, in survival you can only craft green ext mags, they go up to 55%+ mag size, until you master survival, no other mod is as useful as that one. Try to use painkillers first before you start using medicine. It's a lot better at stopping the infection timer than painkiller but with each use it halts the infection progress less and less. On my best run I was getting frustrated by only finding painkiller for the first half of the run but it paid off later when I finally started finding medicine, I lasted 2 1/2 hours before I had to extract. Go into sewers early on and underground landmarks since they take cold out of the equation.

I'm glad you are enjoying the game. The Division is my most frustrating game in recent history that I can think of because it had so much potential yet managed to get so much wrong. If you go into the DZ, try not to go alone, a full team is a much better DZ experience than solo. Other players will capitalize on your instinct not to go rogue, extractions leave you vulnerable to people who made up their mind on what they want to do vs you who will hesitate to engage others especially if you are trying to extract items. There is very little incentive to be a nice guy in the DZ, if you are there "on business", the DZ mechanics favor those who want to obstruct others.

The other day I picked up perfect roll MC gloves, I had to extend my session by half an hour just to get them out, it might seem exciting at first but for seasoned players it's anything but. I wish there was an option for solo players to hire NPC's for VIP extractions such as the one I did, I would have gladly paid a few k phoenix credits to have an NPC squad assist me during the extraction rather than delaying it for so long to ensure I get the gloves out. Until there is an option for solo players to strike back against a rogue team via puting a ransom on them for NPC's to take them out or something along the lines, there is no way to avoid losing to numbers. It is possible to take on a partial team, circumstantially, even a full one but you will lose majority of those encounters especially since the mechanics favor the "shoot first" mentality.

Personally, I am hoping for a gear score increase because negating my game progress is exactly what I need to walk away from the game permanently, I'm barely hanging on as it is. Upcoming 1.7 patch strikes me as meh, there is a shroud of secrecy about 1.8 but it is being hyped as the best thing to happen to the game since launch. I can help you level up to 30 quicker, add me, I'm Targaryen2017 in the game. Beware there are quite a few exploits in the game (search "division glitch" on youtube/reddit), some are just smart ways of taking advantage of game mechanics and typical circumstances but there is blatant cheating as well. Here is a beta screenshot of an exploit that to this day hasn't been fixed:
thedivision2016-02-017uu9g.jpg

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad you are enjoying the game. The Division is my most frustrating game in recent history that I can think of because it had so much potential yet managed to get so much wrong.

My friend and I are both still really enjoying the game, we'll be hitting level 20 soon. I've put 25 hours into the game so far, so for £22 that's insane value and I'm nowhere near done with the game. It's weird for me coming in now because I see a very complete, polished game that's packed with content but I know that wasn't the case until recently, so I can understand why the game gets hate but from my point of view it's really great. I love the world, it's so detailed and well made, the atmosphere is fantastic. Visually it's also really top draw, the fire and explosions are awesome, yes it was downgraded but it still looks so good IMO. The audio is also good with solid voice work, weapon sounds and ambient noise. As for the gameplay it's highly enjoyable and feels polished, I love it, it's just very fun to play.

I don't know how well it's hold up at max level, but currently it's a very good game that I'd rate highly and it has made me want The Division 2, and next time I'll jump in at launch if they've learned from their past mistakes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I was just looking at the store because of the sale (Ubisoft still refusing to put season passes on sale has to be the "asshole" move of the generation... buy the Gold edition or don't buy your game at all!) but I noticed that they started selling currency? When did the game start pulling a Destiny? lol

Well, after re-acquiring 4-pieces of FireCrest gear and putting together a build that is at most 50% optimized I can confirm that every Division player needs/deserves to have the Urban MDR/FireCrest setup in their life, it's amazing. This is the kind of synergy the game needs more of in regards to gear/weapons.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I started putting the main missions on hard instead of normal and they're a lot more fun, much more challenging and the AI seems much better in general. I've also noticed that different factions fight differently, I ran into some military types who were using tactics and shit as opposed to rioters who just run at me and die. I'm level 23 now and looking forward to reaching max level and trying out Last Stand especially, and then starting the gear grind. There's 4 months until Destiny 2 and I'm hoping The Division will help pass most of that, how long is the gearing process from freshly dinged level 30 to 256 ilevel?

I started putting the main missions on hard instead of normal and they're a lot more fun, much more challenging and the AI seems much better in general. I've also noticed that different factions fight differently, I ran into some military types who were using tactics and shit as opposed to rioters who just run at me and die. I'm level 23 now and looking forward to reaching max level and trying out Last Stand especially, and then starting the gear grind. There's 4 months until Destiny 2 and I'm hoping The Division will help pass most of that, how long is the gearing process from freshly dinged level 30 to 256 ilevel?

Once you hit max level, you can go into the map and change the World Level (or something like that) and it will increase the difficulty of everything and increases the ilevel of the gear that drops. Once you start increasing ilevel it goes pretty quickly. Just make sure you do all the side missions that give you the ability to max out your Base of Operations.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Once you hit max level, you can go into the map and change the World Level (or something like that) and it will increase the difficulty of everything and increases the ilevel of the gear that drops. Once you start increasing ilevel it goes pretty quickly. Just make sure you do all the side missions that give you the ability to max out your Base of Operations.

I've been doing everything so far, I go from safe house to safe house clearing them fully, will my Base not be fully upgraded by level 30 then? And I had no idea you could switch everything to max level, I thought you did most of the gearing in the Dark Zone. I'm hoping I won't get to max ilevel too quickly as I fear that's when I'll lose interest, unless Last Stand is amazing (I really enjoyed The Last of Us and Uncharted multiplayer which seems very familiar to LS).

I've been doing everything so far, I go from safe house to safe house clearing them fully, will my Base not be fully upgraded by level 30 then? And I had no idea you could switch everything to max level, I thought you did most of the gearing in the Dark Zone. I'm hoping I won't get to max ilevel too quickly as I fear that's when I'll lose interest, unless Last Stand is amazing (I really enjoyed The Last of Us and Uncharted multiplayer which seems very familiar to LS).

The base upgrades are done by completing the missions and Encounters. They're color coded and labeled, Medical, Security, or Tech. You can hit max level without having enough of the supplies that these missions and encounters give you, so yes, you can hit max level without having maxed out your base. So you'll definitely want to max sure you focus on maxing the base as soon as you can, as that unlocks your perks.

It used to be that you would gear through the DZ but that changed a long time ago. Now you can gear up through a lot of different activities. And even once you reach max ilevel, you may still want to keep getting gear so that you can create specific builds. Once you hit max level, you'll see specific gear sets and things that provide bonuses for wearing. It's pretty complex. For now though, just keep playing. Unlock your Base of Operations fully. Then you can worry about the World Tiers.

I played all 4 Incursions on Heroic last night back-to-back with the same group and had a blast. Loot has been crazy for me the last week or so too as I've gotten multiple Ferro's Masks and Urban MDRs plus having Exotics drop more frequently than ever from bosses during Challenging Missions and from Field Proficiency Caches. Although I'm still getting the same Exotic drop for the group and/or the same item dropping in 2-3 consecutive Exotic Caches at times...

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So what's the best use for currency and crafting mats? I've been saving them all. I'm level 29 ATM so soon at max level. I'd say the levelling experience has been good, although I did start to burn out about level 25 I'd say, there's a decent amount of variety but after 25 hours of going from safe house to safe house and doing the same set of missions over and over I am definitely ready to be max level so I can do something different, I'm really looking forward to trying Last Stand.

axb2013

If you haven't started already, make sure you visit the blueprint vendor and buy GS 256 blueprints. Unfortunately, it rotates only once a week so it will take quite some time to gather desired blueprints. I wouldn't bother with lower level blueprints but it's up to you.

You cannot have too many mats and phoenix credits, calibrating and crafting gear and mods will eat it all up. DZ credits are relatively slow to come buy and DZ gear is pretty expensive. Don't worry about regular credits, pretty easy to come by.
As for weapon mods, you'll want to roll crit hit chance and crit hit damage. Weapon talents depend on what kind of build you want but generally, unforgiving and deadly are talents you want rolled. I would start with an alpha bridge build and go from there.

I'll help you through missions, we can take on a legendary or two as well. It shouldn't take long to get you a decent GS 256 build.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I got to level 30 and did some Last Stand but I don't really like it, no one dies, you put a full clip into them but their health doesn't move, it's weird, and it's not just normal medipack healing. Also, I'm getting frame rate issues in LS whereas the rest of the game has run perfectly.

Macrotus

Few hours away from Steam sale and I was thinking if I should double dip the PC version if it goes on sale, but looking at axb2013s post, I'm suddenly feeling hesitant to buy it.

Massive seems to be doing a really poor job at dealing with cheaters.
While I was playing the PS4 version at launch, I also kept an eye on the PC version (to double dip). Stopped following this game around June last year.
Its been around a year since I last came to this thread, and was hoping they would have dealt with it by now.
I know its impossible to completely get rid of cheaters on PC no matter what game, but compared to other companies like Blizzard, it feels like Massive isn't putting much effort in to dealing with cheaters.

GazzaGSi

State of the Game had tons of info today on what to expect in 1.7/PTS. Probably best to watch a recap of it but some of the main things I got was:

Classified gearsets:
6 piece gear sets are coming, for example 6 piece sentry will give you the chance for 6 marks on enemies with the chance to spread to other npcs in the area (similar to the bleed and on fire talents)

Ninjabike back pack:
Reworked to be a wildcard. This sounds fucking mental IMO and opens up many different ways to play and how create your build. Basically having 5 pieces from different gear equipped and then ninjabike backpack, all 2 piece talents for the 5 pieces you have equipped will be unlocked. Another example is have 2 pieces and 3 pieces with a ninjabike back pack you'll get the 3 piece bonus and 4 piece bonus from the gear you have equipped. (rip HEoxtic builds??)

DeadEye 100% crit chance is being reduced to 60% when out of cover to make you play abit more tactical, when in cover you will still get 100%. SVD/higher rate MMRs will be tweaked to be brought in line with the other quick fire MMRs like the M1A, possibly higher reticle bloom etc.

Seeker damage being reduced and on fire status will have a cool off once you've cleansed with a medkit so you're not immediately on fire again if within the fire radius.

Loads more info as well but they're the main things I picked up on.

Ninjabike sounds far too ambitious IMO for Massive considering day one bugs are still present lol

Oh and lastly, they again stressed how 1.8 content will be huge and for everyone interested in the game etc.

State of the Game had tons of info today on what to expect in 1.7/PTS. Probably best to watch a recap of it but some of the main things I got was:

Classified gearsets:
6 piece gear sets are coming, for example 6 piece sentry will give you the chance for 6 marks on enemies with the chance to spread to other npcs in the area (similar to the bleed and on fire talents)

Ninjabike back pack:
Reworked to be a wildcard. This sounds fucking mental IMO and opens up many different ways to play and how create your build. Basically having 5 pieces from different gear equipped and then ninjabike backpack, all 2 piece talents for the 5 pieces you have equipped will be unlocked. Another example is have 2 pieces and 3 pieces with a ninjabike back pack you'll get the 3 piece bonus and 4 piece bonus from the gear you have equipped. (rip HEoxtic builds??)

DeadEye 100% crit chance is being reduced to 60% when out of cover to make you play abit more tactical, when in cover you will still get 100%. SVD/higher rate MMRs will be tweaked to be brought in line with the other quick fire MMRs like the M1A, possibly higher reticle bloom etc.

Seeker damage being reduced and on fire status will have a cool off once you've cleansed with a medkit so you're not immediately on fire again if within the fire radius.

Loads more info as well but they're the main things I picked up on.

Ninjabike sounds far too ambitious IMO for Massive considering day one bugs are still present lol

Oh and lastly, they again stressed how 1.8 content will be huge and for everyone interested in the game etc.

I wonder if the Ninja backpack change will be retroactive as I kept one just in case of a major change like this one. Speaking of, this is something straight out of Diablo 3. We need more of this kind of thing (talking purely of PvE as PvP in this game doesn't exist to me).

Seems like we are being prepped for 1.8 in a lot of ways, which I hope delivers in offering meaty new content and interesting ways to play old content.

Yeah, build possibilities just went through the roof, now increase the saved loadout count to at least 10 (preferably 15 or more).

GazzaGSi

I wonder if the Ninja backpack change will be retroactive as I kept one just in case of a major change like this one. Speaking of, this is something straight out of Diablo 3. We need more of this kind of thing (talking purely of PvE as PvP in this game doesn't exist to me).

Seems like we are being prepped for 1.8 in a lot of ways, which I hope delivers in offering meaty new content and interesting ways to play old content.

Yep, will be retro active. Since removing it from the exotic cache loot pool they've said to keep them for a potential rework. Can see it being the must have piece like how Barrets chest piece was when that first came out before the armour nerf.

Going to be an interesting few months ahead that's for sure. Completed napalm legendary for the first time last night as was at abit of a loose end on what to do and haven't ran it before, had a blast and makes me wish more missions had legendary rather than just playing brain dead on hard/challenging. It's tough but manageable content unlike the 1.3 days stuck in SC.

GazzaGSi

And just to clarify, the new Ninjabike back pack:

https://clips.twitch.tv/StylishProtectiveCormorantBrokeBack

4 piece Alpha with 3 predators mark for additional AR/SMG DMG pew pew bitches

Back to Classified gear. This is the same gear score but new gear. Classified gear doesn't just mean 6 pieces of the same gear set equipped. The classified gear has higher than 1272 main stat points with 1272 being its lowest and also allows 2 stats to be recalibrated. It is new gear you have to go out and loot.

Reddit post with all the details:
State of the Game - June 22nd, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/6itek7/state_of_the_game_june_22nd_2017/

GazzaGSi

The one negative to these upcoming updates/PTS is it kills my desire to play the current iteration.

I know what you mean, new gear is coming so why bother playing. That happened for me with the content update with the last stand PTS and even more so with knowing that I wasn't enjoying LS at all so new I'd be disappointed with the upcoming patch when it eventually came out.

I still need things aside from the new gear so I'll just have to play for them.

axb2013

I foresee many dusting off their ninja backpacks, using an SASG with 3 piece striker, 2 piece banshee and the ninja to get full striker/3 piece banshee bonus out of the combo for PVP. Wow, balancing should be about making an item sit somewhere between trash and meta, not just taking it from one extreme to the opposite. It's like they can't prevent something being OP so they just rotate it periodically so that nothing is OP for too long.

Not only am I ready to quit the game, the Division has killed the entire genre for me.

If an item can go beyond 1272 and has two calibrating options, how does it retain "only" 256 rating? It's like they knew a gear score increase wouldn't sit well with player base but decided to do it stealthily and have the benefit of the new gear trickle slower so that the majority of players take notice slower and complain less that they are served as fodder to those that acquire the new better gear sooner...

GazzaGSi

I foresee many dusting off their ninja backpacks, using an SASG with 3 piece striker, 2 piece banshee and the ninja to get full striker/3 piece banshee bonus out of the combo for PVP. Wow, balancing should be about making an item sit somewhere between trash and meta, not just taking it from one extreme to the opposite. It's like they can't prevent something being OP so they just rotate it periodically so that nothing is OP for too long.

Not only am I ready to quit the game, the Division has killed the entire genre for me.

If an item can go beyond 1272 and has two calibrating options, how does it retain "only" 256 rating? It's like they knew a gear score increase wouldn't sit well with player base but decided to do it stealthily and have the benefit of the new gear trickle slower so that the majority of players take notice slower and complain less that they are served as fodder to those that acquire the new better gear sooner...

The list is endless with Ninjabike wildcard now. I don't see how they're going to test all possible combinations with out afew OP combinations getting out there.

Afew suggestions I've seen for pure dps:

1pc Striker + 2pc Predator's + 2pc Banshee + Ninjabike backpack

You'd get:

2pc Striker's 20% stability
2pc Predator's Mark +10% reload speed
3pc Predator's Mark AR/SMG damage bonus
2pc Banshee +DZ currency
3pc Banshee +10% out-of-cover damage bonus
Using the bullfrog with Uncomplicated and no need for stability mods due to 2 piece striker.

2pc Tac, 2pc Pred, Vig, Ninja.
2pc Pred, 2pc Banshee, Vig/Reckless, Ninja.
3pc DeadEye, 2pc Banshee, Ninja

The game isn't even balanced now and this just opens up another huge can of worms for Massive to sort out lol

Personally I'd have been fine with a GS increase with the introduction of classified gear sets.

GazzaGSi

Update 1.7 Classified Gear Details:

UPDATE 1.7: CLASSIFIED GEAR

Agents, we have a brand new intel briefing on Update 1.7 coming your way and this time we’re focusing on Classified Gear!

We’ve covered the upcoming Global Events and the upcoming Commendations System, now on to the hardware your agent will be hunting in Update 1.7, Classified Gear!

The Objective
The team has set out with a distinct goal for introducing new gear into The Division:

Create More Variety
Expand on Already Growing Build Diversity
Create More Rare Options in the Loot Pool
Give Players Something to Hunt
The answer? Classified Gear.
Classified Gear was designed from the ground up to be something players could hunt for in the end game, while at max gear score without a negative impact on their existing gear. All Classified Gear drops at gear score 256, regardless of World Tier. More on that later.

We wanted to hit the check boxes mentioned above, while also preserving the value of your existing loadout while you hunt, and Classified Gear offers an opportunity to extend the stats of your build in a seamless flow. Gear score at 256 is hard capped at the main stat level, but not 256 Classified Gear.

Stat Ranges
Classified Gear will ALWAYS roll a higher value than the standard gear equivalent. Currently, gear in the max level drops with a main stat range of 1114-1272. Classified Gear, however, drops with main stat rolls within a higher range, 1273-1328. Meaning that even at the lower end of that range, a piece of Classified Gear is a guaranteed buff to your build. This increased range is an actual 35% buff to the available main stat ranges in game. While in any Normalized modes like Last Stand, Classified Gear acts like a standard 256 gear set piece, so that the expanded stat range does not create an imbalance when facing off against 256 standard gear. The Classified Gear 5 and 6 piece bonuses, if unlocked, DO take effect even in Normalized play, creating a still unique element to the set.

Classified Bonuses
With these new gear options in 1.7, we will introduce an expanded range of bonuses as well. First off, keep in mind that Classified and Standard gear can be mixed to obtain the standard 2-4 piece bonuses for that gear set. This is a great method to make incremental increases to your loadout’s power by adding these Classified pieces in, with their higher main stat rolls. Once you gather up a full 4 piece of Classified Gear, the higher main stat rolls are essentially creating a stronger, more powerful version of your loadout.

Once a player hits the 5 and 6 pieces of Classified Gear in a single loadout, things really start to accelerate. The 5 pieces of Classified Gear of the same set bring a buff to the 2 and 3 piece bonuses, with some particular consideration to the individual bonuses. 2 and 3 piece bonuses from our existing gear cannot all be buffed exactly the same as that may cause some inconsistencies in the gear and balancing, but stay tuned for more details on those specific aspects.

The 6 Piece
Classified Gear brings something that many in the community have been asking for, a full matched set 6 piece bonus! This set bonus was designed to motivate players to fully invest in the gear set of their liking, with a gear set specific bonus that is in line with the identity of that set. So, for example if you run Striker, the Striker 6 piece can be expected to be a natural evolution of the existing identity of the Striker set.

Classy Recalibration
The team wanted to ensure that Classified Gear would be a major find for all builds, players, and kits. In order to add an extra layer of value and versatility to every Classified item found, we’ve decided to make two stats of each piece of Classified Gear able to be rolled at the Recalibration Station! What this means is that not only will the Classified Gear have higher ranges for their main stats, players will also be able to roll one main stat AND one major/minor stat on each Classified piece in order to min/max their build like never before.

How to Get Classified
Classified Gear is introduced as part of a Global Event, with the selected Classified Gear not only being the reward to kick off the event, but the debut of said Classified Gear. Throughout a Global Event, players can use their earned Tokens to purchase Global Event caches. These caches vary in Token price, but the chances for Classified Gear grows with each higher price cache. If a player chooses to participate in the Global Event at a lower than max (World Tier 5) tier, they will earn Tokens at a slightly slower rate. This is due to the fact that all Classified Gear is at the 256 level. Slower earned Token rate, slower rate of caches purchased means a slower rate at earning Classified Gear in lower World Tiers for the sake of balancing out and preserving the 256 only aspect of the pieces. With this structure, players can gamble on more lower price caches at the chance of Classified loot, or they can stockpile their Tokens and buy the highest price caches possible to maximize their chances. How you grind is up to you.

If the Global Event ends and you haven’t stocked up on the full Classified Gear Set you were hunting, have no fear. Classified sets from events get added to the common loot pool after the conclusion of the event, with a drop chance similar to Exotics in just about anything you do in game, including Field Proficiency caches and the like. This also allows the team a new route to incentivize different activities further down the line of The Division, by introducing options to earn Classifieds in new and interesting ways.

The Classified Firsts
To start with on the PTS at launch, we’ll be introducing six Classified Gear sets for testing purposes:

Classified Lonestar
Classified Final Measure
Classified Deadeye
Classified Sentry’s Call
Classified Striker
Classified Reclaimer
The team is still hard at work finalizing the specifics of these Classified sets and we plan to update you all on their attributes in the first round of the PTS patch notes. For now, we wanted to give a glimpse of the options that will be available for testing inside of the PTS. The introductory six sets are being implemented for testing purposes, with Classified Gear sets being introduced three at a time in the live environment, post Update 1.7.

Classified Gear presents a unique opportunity for Agents of The Division to hunt for an all new and exciting type of gear, while preserving their hard earned builds. As always, all of this is still somewhat subject to change pending a successful run of our Public Test Server. The team is looking forward to your results of that PTS as well. Please be sure to hit up the Official PTS Forums, once the server is live and be heard!

Thank you, Agents, for your support and dedication.

/The Division Dev Team
Link:
https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news/152-294372-16/update-17-classified-gear

axb2013

Afew suggestions I've seen for pure dps:

1pc Striker + 2pc Predator's + 2pc Banshee + Ninjabike backpack

Yeah, that's potent as well. I'm burning out already so PTS to try it out is out of question for me but looking at typical PVP shooting distances and situations, full striker bonus and 3 piece banshee bonus via ninja and a sasg to maximize the use of striker stacks will edge out everything else up close.

How does massive not realize that there is something wrong with taking the most hated/dismantled/stashed exotic item and changing it to most coveted?

GazzaGSi

Yeah, that's potent as well. I'm burning out already so PTS to try it out is out of question for me but looking at typical PVP shooting distances and situations, full striker bonus and 3 piece banshee bonus via ninja and a sasg to maximize the use of striker stacks will edge out everything else up close.

How does massive not realize that there is something wrong with taking the most hated/dismantled/stashed exotic item and changing it to most coveted?

Yep, it's gone from the biggest piece of trash to the crown jewel pretty much. They always seem to struggle with dialing things back a touch or slight buff. It's all or nothing most of the time.

Huge thanks to LuckyDoobage for the MDR tonight. Have a couple of builds it will slot in nicely with, Firecrest with flame turret to proc the distracted talent or my High end/Exotic build and just throw some nades down with the short bow pads to proc distracted @ 18% damage increase with another 16% from skull gloves and 15%(?) from booster shot :)

Yep, it's gone from the biggest piece of trash to the crown jewel pretty much. They always seem to struggle with dialing things back a touch or slight buff. It's all or nothing most of the time.

Huge thanks to LuckyDoobage for the MDR tonight. Have a couple of builds it will slot in nicely with, Firecrest with flame turret to proc the distracted talent or my High end/Exotic build and just throw some nades down with the short bow pads to proc distracted @ 18% damage increase with another 16% from skull gloves and 15%(?) from booster shot :)

I think the idea of the Ninja backpack is great (even if it's ripped directly from Diablo) and it's exactly what this game needed but again I couldn't care less about PvP.

I've been using the MDR and a Lightweight M4 setup with a FireCrest build and an Exotic/High-End (460K DPS, 305K Toughness, and 265K Skill Power...I know I said previously that there wasn't much difference regarding Toughness values but I'm starting to believe 300K is the sweet spot for my playstyle) build with a Flame Turret. The latter of which is super fun and deadly.

Just got a Warlord (which I'm not sure what to do with regarding re-rolling or what situation it's good for) from Heroic Falcon Lost. It came with 23% EAD and Play Rough, Brutal, and Responsive.

GazzaGSi

I think the idea of the Ninja backpack is great (even if it's ripped directly from Diablo) and it's exactly what this game needed but again I couldn't care less about PvP.

I've been using the MDR and a Lightweight M4 setup with a FireCrest build and an Exotic/High-End (460K DPS, 305K Toughness, and 265K Skill Power...I know I said previously that there wasn't much difference regarding Toughness values but I'm starting to believe 300K is the sweet spot for my playstyle) build with a Flame Turret. The latter of which is super fun and deadly.

Just got a Warlord (which I'm not sure what to do with regarding re-rolling or what situation it's good for) from Heroic Falcon Lost. It came with 23% EAD and Play Rough, Brutal, and Responsive.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of it for allowing new combination of builds, it's Massive I don't trust to implement it correctly where I think the problem will be.

Going to have a play with the MDR today. May try it in an all out firearms setup first with flame turret and extended range mods to pick more people up. I guess this also work with sentry as it's not full auto?

axb2013

I agree however the game "forces" you to go into the DZ. To a lesser extent now than in the past but it still does. Vendor resets rarely have good gear/weapons but if they do and they are available via DZ vendors, they are pretty expensive, forcing you to grind for DZ credits. To get the weekly assignment cache for exotics, you likely have to kill xx amount of LMB/cleaners/rikers to meet the requirements.

PVP in the game is pretty bad, worst I've played in a AAA game, I gave up on it early in the game, compounded by server lag issues, IMO completely unplayable at that point.

I've run along manhunts and rogues or had great opportunities to take them out many times in 1400 hours, haven't felt any incentive to take them out in a long time or to target players low on health/distracted by NPC's. Even players who like PVP struggle with it, if they fail to fully utilize the surprise effect, they run out of ideas quickly and give up. I only fight in self defense and stop engaging them if they back off. To prove my point:
fghceyuu0.jpg

GazzaGSi

I've been enjoying the DZ for afew weeks now. The only people I've come across are other solo guys and we team up for afew extractions. I normally go in to complete the task on the weekly assignment but end up staying in there with how populated it is with npcs, it's still the place to go for quick loot IMO closely followed by last stand caches if you can get a consistent 20k+ score in there.

I only venture into the Dead Zone for the Weekly Assignment and to mix things up a bit from other PvE modes in clearing Landmarks solo to earn instant loot. I'll extract if I get a piece of gear I'm really in need of or simply don't have yet (it's a super rare occurrence). I honestly rarely ever even pick anything up. Other than that sometimes I'll go after Supply Drops.

My negative feelings towards PvP is due to the belief of it never striking a balance between the gunplay, skills, mobility, cover, and the health/toughness/healing system. It has never felt right for me regarding an overall gameplay experience. Regarding Last Stand in particular I feel like the map is way too big with most of the same gameplay issues mentioned above concerning balance and considering it is the same map over and over again I just can't take it seriously or invest gaming time towards it.

Plus, The Division is a game for me that has boiled down to acquiring loot/gear/weapons to create builds and see how they fare against the toughest PvE content the game can offer and how they synergize within group play. Nothing more, nothing less.

I absolutely do not want to play modes in this game that either modifies/normalizes (Last Stand) my gear or removes it completely (Survival) especially considering there are simply too many other options out there that does both Multiplayer and Survival gametypes better.

Edit: Regarding the Ninja backpack and how it will be implemented, the only way Massive could get this wrong is if they start nerfing existing 2/3/4 piece Gear Set bonuses.

I've never played The Division, but some friends are urging me to join them on PS4.

I see that a physical copy of the base game costs $20 on Amazon right now, but are any of the expansions/DLC required to play the game these days à la WoW or Destiny?

Is this a good time to jump in? And how much is it going to cost me?

Abylim

Looking to get back in to this

What DLC is worth it? Underground looks kinda cool. Is it a viable way to get gear? Or is it better to just do the missions on higher world tiers?

Seems like an unannounced update went out today for The Division...

3+ GB on Xbox

2.1 GB on PC

...which seems awfully large given that this is the only detail regarding the update...

"Fixed a bug where players were able to use mobile cover and throwable skills to glitch through walls."

...which I also thought they fixed ages ago.

Heroic Clear Sky is easy enough as is by simply chaining Health Station/Revives together, using Turrets for add control, and heading to the Underground (and again using Health Station/Revives and Turrets) for a safe haven to finish the fight by popping in and out as needed until the boss is dead followed by clean-up duty.

In fact all the Heroic version Incursions are super easy sans for a couple encounters during the Stolen Signal.

GazzaGSi

...which seems awfully large given that this is the only detail regarding the update...

The coding is done in blocks so when a particular line in a block is updated that entire block has to be resubmitted rather than just the specific code that's changed. Crap way to do it tbh.

Saw there was maintenance for Tuesday on twitter which was abit odd when it's normally Thursday. Guess that wanted that bug "fixed" lol

Got a decent PVE M44 today with Prepared, Destructive and Ferrocious. Tried it with my DeadEye loadout and critting for just over 800k. With tactical advance, pulse and booster I hit for 1mil+ but obviously that's situational. Can't remember the stats off the top of my head for DTE and EAD but they're rolled on gear where possible, was good fun.

axb2013

Saw there was maintenance for Tuesday on twitter which was abit odd when it's normally Thursday. Guess that wanted that bug "fixed" lol

Apparently it was emergency patch for mobile cover glitch. While I personally don't use them, I find it very odd that when there are mobile cover glitches, or players gain too many phoenix credits (back at launch) Massive instantly enters emergency patch mode but other exploits are fine I suppose.

Rant mode on:
I read the last few posts and logged into the game to get closer to the tier 3 monthly reward, i'm a few hundred points short and there only a few days left. Cleared a few landmarks, went to extraction in DZ06, this rhypmoo001 guy shows up and within a couple of seconds used wall hack, teleport (same hack I posted a screenshot of earlier in the thread), aim hack and rate of fire hack to down me. As I'm exiting the game, I notice someone found a way to change the text of emote usage (player xxx raises his fist in triump etc etc) into custom text and insults anyone in proximity, it shows up as "gold" text in the chat window. I'm not black but I do team up with a couple guys that have to endure n word insults so frequently that they stopped using mic outside of discord app.

I simply can't take any content or patch promises seriously when serious issues persist from day one. I am fed up with Ubisoft, fed up with Massive, fed up with the game and it's toxic community.

darkwing

trying to get back in the game, was wondering about AlphaBridge set, if you have two unique weapons will both unique abilities work?

trying to get back in the game, was wondering about AlphaBridge set, if you have two unique weapons will both unique abilities work?

You still need to be using two of the same weapon type but yes the special (free) talent from both weapons will be active. You only gain the additional special talent though making it 4 weapon talents active at once instead of the original 6 and as far as I know none of the Exotic weapon special talents work with Alpha. They also removed the Firearms, Stamina, and Electronics values needed to unlock weapon talents with Alpha as they are all free now with the 4-piece Gear Set bonus.

GazzaGSi

Apparently it was emergency patch for mobile cover glitch. While I personally don't use them, I find it very odd that when there are mobile cover glitches, or players gain too many phoenix credits (back at launch) Massive instantly enters emergency patch mode but other exploits are fine I suppose.

Rant mode on:

I simply can't take any content or patch promises seriously when serious issues persist from day one. I am fed up with Ubisoft, fed up with Massive, fed up with the game and it's toxic community.

Its been the same since day one. A glitch that benefits the user is patched immediately (warrengate cheese, extra loot from named bosses etc) . Launch day bugs and glitches that hamper the user, heal delay for example are still present. Although mobile cover glitches have been around since I can remember (police academy and FL cheese) so guess they finally tried to fix it properly with the glitching into walls like at midtown etc. Most things that are there now 18 months later more than likely won't be fixed and you just have to learn to play it with them or move on to something else.

Had chat and voip disabled for months but I've never played a game without hearing trash talking, racist comments so it's not just division where the problem is, it's society in general.

GazzaGSi

SOTG highlights:

PTS starts for PC tomorrow. PTS1 will not have global events nor classified gear.

Console PTS coming next week which will be PTS 2 due to patches taking longer to authorise so console PTS will be PTS2 as they said normally PTS1 get patched early on due to bugs that get found.

Console PTS is player limited to 10k on PS4 and 10k on Xbox. Eligibility is determined by total play time since launch and activity in the last 30 days. Invite Emails will be sent to uPlay account where you sign up and a key will be generated that you redeem on your console to download the pts.

Face customisation is in 1.7 so tattoo markings, glasses etc can be changed/removed. Basically the options you get where you create your character except for gender change.

Face masks are coming with 1.7, not on pts. Want to keep them as a surprise.

Commendations will be faster to achieve on pts for testing purposes. Tier 1 will unlock the commendation on pts where as in the live game it will be the final tier that will complete the commendation.

New Encrypted caches with random vanity items at the premium vendor but these are not paid for (they can be if you want to) you get the currency - Key fragments, from in game activities.

Free outfit to claim from premium vendor if you login on the 4th or 5th of July and a free emote from the 4th-9th July.

There was afew other bits as well but think that's the majority of it.

GazzaGSi

PC PTS now available to download and is live.

Blueprints now shared across all characters!

Patch notes:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1696172-Global-PTS-Patch-Notes-(Update-1-7)

Global PTS Patch Notes (Update 1.7)
Please understand that these Patch Notes are not final and will be updated with PTS modifications.

Additionally, please note that the new features mentioned are still being worked on and are therefore not in their final stages.

All of these new features will be available to all players.

New feature: Global Events (not initially available on the PTS)

Global Events (previously known as Seasons) are time-limited events that add special modifiers to the PvE parts of The Division.
Taking part in a Global Event will award you Tokens that you can use to purchase Classified Gear caches (detailed below) and unique vanity items (that are currently not included on the PTS).

New feature: Classified Gear Sets (available from the Advanced Weapons vendor on the PTS)
Classified Gear Set pieces are unique gear set pieces for pre-existing gear sets and will feature 5 and 6-piece bonuses.
Classified Gear Set pieces can initially only be received from participating in Global Events.
After a Global Event has concluded, the Classified Gear pieces can be found during normal gameplay, but with lower drop rates than during Global Events.
Six Classified Gear Sets will be included on the PTS for testing purposes, but once Update 1.7 goes live, three Classified Gear sets will be introduced for every Global Event.
The Classified Caches are available on the Advanced Weapons vendor on the PTS for testing purposes, but will be tied to Global Events once Update 1.7 goes live.

New feature: Commendations & Patches
Commendations introduce a series of 500+ challenges across several categories for agents to accomplish. Commendations cover all aspects and areas of the game, both for PvE and PvP.
Unlocking achievements reward the player with Commendation Score. Your tallied score is displayed to other agents.
Some special Commendations award a Patch, a brand new vanity item. These Patches are displayed on the agent’s arm, replacing the default Phoenix patch.
Not all patches are available on the PTS, with more being added once Update 1.7 goes live.
The requirements for certain Commendations have been altered on the PTS for testing purposes.

New feature: Face customization
The Base of Operations now include a room with an interactive mirror that you can use to change your agent’s appearance. You can find the room by turning right straight after you have entered the Terminal from the Base of Operation stairs.

New feature: Encrypted Cache
An Encrypted Cache is a loot container obtained from the Premium Vendor in the terminal. It requires a key to open.
Encrypted Caches contain unique appearance items, emotes and skins.
Cipher Keys are needed to open Encrypted Caches. These keys are created by collecting key fragments, which are available from normal gameplay. 10 key fragments are needed to create one Cipher Key. Keys can also be purchased from the Premium Vendor.
Unique appearance items from the Encrypted Caches are organized in Collections that can be found in the Vanity tab. Once a Collection has been completed, the agent will receive a reward.
Please note that the contents of the Encrypted Caches on the PTS are not 100% representative of what will be in the final product.
There is currently an issue with the Premium Vendor and the Encrypted Caches, which makes them impossible to use. This will be fixed and testable on the PTS in a future update.

Game changes

Gameplay
Fixed a bug where players could get the On Fire status effect even though they had 100% burn resistance. Note that players can still take damage from certain fire attacks, such as Cleaner flamethrowers.
Fixed a bug where players could run faster than they should by spamming the sprint button.

Talents
The Coolheaded & Determined talents will now have an effect on cooldowns for all skills, including Signature Skills.

Gear Sets
DeadEye 4-piece talent has been rebalanced – critical hit chance is now 100% while in cover, 60% while you are out of cover. There is currently a known issue when wearing the 6-piece DeadEye Classified Set on the PTS, which will be fixed with future iteration of the PTS.
Final Measure no longer defuses non-hostile grenades.
NinjaBike backpack has been returned to the loot pool and has been given new functionality related to Gear Sets.

Loadouts
Minor color tweaks has been made to make the Loadout UI more consistent.
Fixed an issue where switching mods on a Loadout while having a full inventory could override the backpack capacity.
Fixed an issue where a player cannot switch between two identical Loadouts using different mods while having a full backpack.
Fixed a bug where certain audio clips would loop
Skills
Seeker Mine:
Seeker Mine explosion damage has been reduced from 900 to 600. Airbust Mod damage has been reduced from 300 to 120.
Fixed a bug where the Seeker Mine with Cluster mod would sometimes be unable to detonate on a target if the target was on top of a cover.

Support Station:
Fixed a bug where if an agent revived by another skill while in a Support Station’s area of effect would cause the Support Station to despawn.
Fixed a bug where an agent could not be revived by First Aid if they were being revived by a Support Station that was destroyed before the revive finished.
Fixed a bug where the Support Station would remain in the agent’s hand after deploying it.
Fixed a bug where an agent would sometimes not get revived if a group member used First Aid with the Defibrillator mod.
Fixed a bug where an agent would get revived if the agent was in the process of self-reviving from a friendly Support Station but tried to cancel the action.

First Aid:
Fixed a bug where the First Aid Defibrillator revive would not be prioritized over other slower revives while they were in progress.
Fixed a bug where the First Aid’s effect would be delayed while the projectile slowly descended to the ground.

Mobile Cover:
Fixed a bug where the Mobile Cover could be knocked down by other agents and enemy NPCs even though they were under immobilizing status effects.
Fixed a bug with Mobile Cover where an agent could be lifted above ground.
Fixed the description of the Mobile Cover Countermeasures mod so that it now clearly states that shooting a target while being in cover on it will pulse the target for 5 seconds.
Fixed an issue with the Mobile Cover Countermeasures mod where group members would not get the concealment when taking cover behind it.

Ballistic Shield:
Fixed a bug where the Ballistic Shield would not take damage from your own grenade or Sticky Bomb.
Fixed an issue with Ballistic Shield Riot Shield buff, where the agent could get multiple buffs by performing certain actions.

Other:
Fixed a bug where group member’s skill cooldowns would not be decreased when taking cover in an area affected by Smart Cover with the Recharger mod.
Fixed a bug where attempting to use a skill immediately after entering the Dark Zone would result in the skill going into cooldown.
Recovery Link can no longer be used while firing your weapon, similar to Survivor and Tactical Link.
Fixed an issue with the Turret’s target prioritization.

Missions
Fixed a bug in Napalm Production Site where an agent could defeat Joe Ferro inside his room before defeating his guards.
Fixed a bug in Grand Central Station where the turrets were reactivated after player death.
Fixed an issue where Hudson Refugee Camp became impossible to complete if the bosses are killed too quickly on Challenge Mode.
Fixed an issue in WarrenGate Power Plant where a door would refuse to open if the player dies before completing a certain objective.
Fixed several instances in different missions, including Russian Consulate and Napalm Production Site, where the player could get stuck or shoot through walls and floors.
Fixed a weird door in the General Assembly parking lot.

Underground
Fixed a bug where Underground Directives would not continue across Underground phases.
Fixed an issue with the Mad Skills Directive where the second skill would go on cooldown when the player aimed his first one.
Fixed a bug where the agent could fast travel to the Underground while carrying contaminated items.
Fixed some big weird doors in the Underground.

Survival
The rewards you get from Survival have been increased.
Reaching Tier 1 will rewards you with a Survival Cache instead of a Gear Cache.
Reaching Tier 2 will rewards you with one Survival Cache and one Weapons Cache.
Fixed a bug where the Punisher accolade on the end screen would always have a checkbox next to it even if it wasn’t completed.
Fixed several issues in the environment, where players could get stuck.
Fixed instances of the game freezing when leaving Survival.

Last Stand
Fixed instances of the game freezing when leaving a Last Stand match.
Fixed an issue with the positioning of a prop which could cause players to get stuck in tactical point A1.

Base of Operations
Stopped an evil Christmas tree by the Premium Vendor from trapping players.

World
Fixed a number of issues throughout the world such as:
Being unable to vault over certain objects.
Being shot by NPC’s through a wall by the entrance of the The Ward safe house.
Being blocked by invisible objects.
Getting stuck between objects.
Objects clipping through other objects.
Being able to glitch through various walls.
Floating flags and misplaces textures.
Fixed an issue where agents were able to jump off a roof in Turtle Bay.
We’ve stopped NPCs from following you into an elevator in Turtle Bay.
Fixed several places where hiding behind certain objects would stop enemies from engaging the agent.

Dark Zone
Fixed several issues in the DarkZone such as:
Agents sometimes receiving the Outside Playable Area message when in the The Armory landmark.
A lootable object in DZ7 being in an unreachable place.
Being able to glitch through a wall in the The Mall landmark.
Being unable to drop down from certain objects once the agent has climbed them.
Minor graphical issues in The Armory.
Moved several trashbags around so players wouldn’t get stuck behind them anymore.
Moved a rogue lamp.
NPCs being able to shoot through certain walls.
Fixed an issue where a Named NPC was missing from the The Basement landmark in DZ09.
Stopped NPCs from sneaking through a gap between a pair of doors and a rooftop in DZ09.
Fixed an issue where cleared Landmarks would not give out rewards.
The Named NPC “Beans” now belong to the correct faction.

UI
Blueprints are now shared across all characters on an account.
Consumables Caches are now available at the Dark Zone vendors.
Moved the position of the Loadout icon on items you have marked as a favorite to make it easier to identify them.
Added backpack capacity to the loot preview.
Fixed a bug where after dying and placing the cursor over a respawn location the highlighting of the option would appear on the bottom of the screen.
Fixed a bug where pressing back while having the option to disable sharing for an item would cause the item to be unshareable.
Fixed a bug where buying back items quickly could result in exceeding the inventory limit.
Fixed a bug where the “Sell” button at a vendor would be active even though there was nothing to sell.
Fixed a bug where you would get the wrong message when buying an item from any vendor.
When buying every item from the Appearance Vendor, you will now be able to see all your available currencies.
Fixed a bug where the Ubisoft Club Action Completed pop-up would show up every time the game was started.

PC Specific
Fixed an issue where an agent would right-click on an item and the text describing the options presented would flicker rapidly.
Fixed UI overlap which could occur when an agent was comparing items and then dragging an item over to share or dismantle.
Fixed an issue where agents could still use the scroll wheel while the Not Enough Space prompt was present.
Fixed a bug where the mouse cursor would sometimes not be present on the loading screen.
Fixed an issue where the Group Management menu would begin flickering when an agent hovered the cursor over a friend’s name.

Other
Fixed an issue where the NPC beating a dead body scene had no sound effects.
Fixed an issue with Tattoo saturation not changing between 0 – 30% during Character Creation.
Fixed a visual bug where an agent would continuously bleed if revived by a group member’s Recovery Link while another revive was in progress.
Added sound effects to the JTF officer knocking on bars in the Brooklyn Precinct. Maybe someone will actually hear him and help him out now.
The Blueprints Vendor in the Terminal should now speak again.
Agents no longer blink and move their eyes once killed. Say no to zombies.

Top Bottom