• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Wipeout HD FURY Thread of jizzplosion in your pants

marvelharvey said:
Oh shit...

After downloading and installing Fury from the EU store, I'm unable to find it within my WipeoutHD. I may have downloaded the original from the US store (can't remember though)... will that be the cause of my problem?

Check your download history on your accounts until you find it. Then you'll know which account you bought it with.

Chao

Headhunter said:
What in gods name?

I love the new gliders and the tracks, but what happened to the sound.

Tremendous echo, and AFAIK only on the new tracks, the old ones are all ok?

Someone has the same issue?

Yeah I've noticed this too. Playing on my 5.1 speakers the game will sound too fucking loud, even when I set the sound effects at 50% and music at 100%.

I can barely hear the voices and music, but sound effects are just too loud, specially when my ship is on a tunnel.

Kweh

How do you get the platinum livery? I thought it was 100000 loyalty with a team but i just got that with EGX and nothing.

Brandon F said:
That's a shortcut? Looks more like a glitch...
Glitches and shortcuts usually go hand-in-hand in WipEout games. lol
Fortunately, this time around the guys at Liverpool can fix them with patches. I remember there being a 'shortcut' in Wip3out that allowed me to fly halfway across the map. Naturally, it was never fixed... so it became a shortcut. It was friggin awesome. :lol

But uh... in this case, I'm pretty sure it's intentional. After all, there's a trophy for it. lol

Chao

So, guys, I have this little thing that bugs me, sound related.

When I run the sound test, it shows "7.1 surround test" although I only have a 5.1 system running through HDMI.

So when I run the test, I can hear this sequence: "left channel" "center channel" "right channel" "right surround channel" "no sound where it should be rear right channel" "rear left channel" "left surround channel" "LFE channel".

I thought the system should downmix the 7.1 to 5.1, but it looks like I'm missing this "virtual" channel for some reason.

Any ideas why is this happening?

Thanks ;)

Edit: Allright don't mind me, it looks like 7.1 was checked on the PS3's HDMI sound settings.

Vexidus

Wow, I am loving Wipeout so much! It's like playing Audiosurf but way more epic!

I played a bit of Fury but I'm gonna start off with the HD content first and work my way up!

decon

Vexidus said:
Wow, I am loving Wipeout so much! It's like playing Audiosurf but way more epic!

I played a bit of Fury but I'm gonna start off with the HD content first and work my way up!
I agree, wipeout is awesome but it's nothing like Audiosurf, it's not even close to be honest :D

borsdy said:
Does this game have voice chat online or am I talking to my television?
It's L1 to talk, I believe.

I think it's disabled during Eliminator, though (L1 flips the ship).

EDIT: L3, really? Did they change that with the patch or something?

sun-drop

so awesome. and smooth as butta online.

i expect nothing less than a fully awesome episode of co-op on this game man. do eeet.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Danielsan said:
I hope that third set only unlocks if finish campaign on elite with all gold medals. :D

I fucking hope not. Elite mode can kiss my ass with how it does races.

Okay, how do you guys play Detonator? Do you take single shots or are you shooting all the time?

I'm trying to figure out which works out better for me. With the single shots I get a lot more bonuses, but I also end up having to just drive past a lot of mines... which just gives me more and more to deal with as time passes (and if you miss them, they're worth less points the second time around), so it only works out for the first stage or two, then I have to resort to autofiring from there on in.
Meanwhile, autofiring from the beginning gets good results with mine destruction, but the combo bonuses are much more scarce, thus resulting in a lower score than you would like, unless you manage to get like... all of them (which is hard considering the 15-round clip and reload time).
Also, do you use the EMP as soon as it's charged or wait until you NEED to use it (about to drive into a bunch of mines while reloading)?

Share tips. :D

3755475532_271696bf6c_o.jpg

3755466650_9be2584200_b.jpg

3755466634_07b00428fe_b.jpg

It's quite hard to get a realy bad photo from this game.:)

TheSeks

Revolutionary said:
Share tips. :D

I still can't figure out the "Sharpshooter" achievement requirements from that mode, if only because the shots keep going ON AND ON AND ON after they've already hit a mine and then hit a wall and bounce. WTF, I would've had this at least ten times over by now. :lol

I am not really good at Detonator yet - I do survive until the finish-line ( usually ), but about halfway through it just becomes a frantic fight for survival. Can't think about high-scores at all.

It's an amazing mode, though - compareable to Zone ( which used to be my absolute favourite ). Very, very hypnotic, and a great way to listen to custom soundtracks.

Crye

Best chance of getting the sharpshooter one is on the first lap. Think the black mines screw you over but theres no worry of them on the first lap, so just take each shot slow and easy ;)
I usually save EMP for a tight blind corner, fire it off just beforehand, once a lap. That or an o'shit I'm about to miss a rainbow bomb thing moment.

Eliminator mode online is just amazing, near the end when desperation sets in, those perfect shot moments, debris flying past, ya own soundtrack rocking away... ya really do work up a sweat, a lot of fun. I played nothing but zone mode before but these new modes are pretty great.

Still wish there was a lobby text chat window though.

Phreak47

OK, I just started playing Fury and won the first race on Elite.

Tell me, Elite players, exactly how much torture am I in for down the road?

I just remembered that although I got gold on all the original events, I did this on "skilled", as I was a good way through the game before they released the patch that added "elite".

TheSeks

Phreak47 said:
OK, I just started playing Fury and won the first race on Elite.

Tell me, Elite players, exactly how much torture am I in for down the road?

I just remembered that although I got gold on all the original events, I did this on "skilled", as I was a good way through the game before they released the patch that added "elite".

Elite isn't hard on anything else but "Race" and "Tournament" mode (possibly Eliminator, but I haven't played that enough). Elite on Speedlap/Zone/Zonebattle/Detonate is just a matter of navigating the track successfully without too much problems.

Later stages will be MURDER though, given how high the zone requirements get (IIRC they get around 55, which is... Venom? Or whatever the stage 4 class of ships is), so you don't really need to do Elite in the Fury camp (since there is no trophy requiring it, THANK GOD), but the HD camp will be murder on you if you try to do it that way like I have been for over six months now. :lol

The 1st and the 2nd picture... insane, just insane.

Keep them coming guys, I need something to feed my addiction until I get the bloody game and the Fury pack. :(

McLovin

I got Fury today expecting just more of the same. But damn the tracks are hot! And the new modes are insanely fun! Split-screen is freakin awesome too.

Septimus

Bearillusion said:
So how bad/frequent is the tearing and slowdown in Fury when played at 720p?
Virtually non-existent. That said, I still barely noticed any during 1080p except for this one turn.

Phreak47

Haha... my great first moment in this came earlier... was trying to get gold in my first eliminator match in the campaign on Elite... and on the fourth or fifth try, I'm out just ahead of the pack and I get a quake... a quick L1 plus SQUARE and.... gold medal awarded!

That new 180 turn business... genius.

topofuji

Banned
I do agree with some above that something is wrong with the sound effect/voice volumes - when voice is present while in-game, it sounds very low volume, even when everything is set relatively high (I do have music set to max and SFX slightly lower, got to hear the new songs in full glory! :D ), but...

Also sound-related (but not a problem) - I have recently discovered how nice it is to have "Track Resume" on. Before when I was always restarting and doing new events over and over, hearing the same opening part of a song got redundant. Now with it starting from a random point in songs, I don't think I'll ever get tired of the WHD+Fury combined soundtrack. Really gets the energy going as soon as it starts.

Although I suggest putting the F-Zero GX/AX soundtrack on your PS3 and try playing Wipeout with that playing as well. :D Almost makes it feel like next-gen F-Zero done right. (and we all know Nintendo would make us use the Wii Wheel/remote/no HD/downgraded difficulty, etc, right?)

Top Bottom