• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Wipeout HD FURY Thread of jizzplosion in your pants

magus

I really suck at this game. I haven't bought it. I'm trying to place decent in the demo before I pull the trigger. I suck so bad =[.

I was good at F-zero but not this game. I need help!

Afrikan

IcyEyes said:
Just to show how amazing is the graphics of this game. One of the best around.
*next gen*

and to think, this was originally suppose to be a stop gap game like Socom Confrontation.

maybe it still is O_O

magus said:
I really suck at this game. I haven't bought it. I'm trying to place decent in the demo before I pull the trigger. I suck so bad =[.

I was good at F-zero but not this game. I need help!

Play the campaign mode. Wipeout HD was my first Wipeout game and it took some getting used to, but the campaign eases you in nicely. Also, don't forget to use air brakes (L2/R2).

Nice games tonight guys. I'll put my tired and scrambled brains to rest for a while.

Tomorrow I'll try to stay away from that vile seductress called Eliminator and try to put in some real laps at serious speeds.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Okay so this has probably been discussed at release but why did the devs decide to include auto pilot in the game? It practically plays the game by itself while you just press X :/

Teetris said:
Okay so this has probably been discussed at release but why did the devs decide to include auto pilot in the game? It practically plays the game by itself while you just press X :/

try doing that... especially at the higher speeds.

Danielsan

Teetris said:
The only auto-pilot in the game that I know of is the item that lasts a couple of seconds.
Pilot Assist does more harm than good if you are actually trying to win a race. Try racing against some Elite a.i on rapier on phantom speeds with pilot assist on. You won't even come near first place.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
At what point can I safely move to another vehicle with enough Loyalty? I've been using Feisar exclusively and have earned 3600+ loyalty and would like to test some other cars, but I really want to unlock some skins and the other HUDS first. Nothing has happened as of yet, I don't care about the 100k trophy, just the unlocks.

Also, any other car recommendations for someone that sucks and plays on novice?

Grayman

Brandon F said:
At what point can I safely move to another vehicle with enough Loyalty? I've been using Feisar exclusively and have earned 3600+ loyalty and would like to test some other cars, but I really want to unlock some skins and the other HUDS first. Nothing has happened as of yet, I don't care about the 100k trophy, just the unlocks.

Also, any other car recommendations for someone that sucks and plays on novice?
Just switch around when you want, you do not lose loyalty for changing.

You get skins at 4 and 8 thousand. I think one of the HUDs is a little bit higher, like 10k

Brandon F

Teetris said:

If you are talking about the auto-steering option. It sucks.

As someone that TRULY is horrendous at this game, I was FAR worse having it on. The reverse magnetism from the walls would cause more issues than it helped, occasionally it saved me from a huge impact, but the lighter turns would cause more pinball effect than with it turned off as I felt like I lost total control of my ship as the game 'played for me' often leading me to overcorrect into a wall.

Brandon F

Grayman said:
Just switch around when you want, you do not lose loyalty for changing.

You get skins at 4 and 8 thousand. I think one of the HUDs is a little bit higher, like 10k

Ok, I'll just grind to 10k with Feisar for the HUD and then move on. I'm assuming the first HUD to unlock is 2097? When or how do you get the Wip3out HUD?

Grayman

Brandon F said:
Ok, I'll just grind to 10k with Feisar for the HUD and then move on. I'm assuming the first HUD to unlock is 2097? When or how do you get the Wip3out HUD?
I think you get both through points, 10k would be the higher one if it is that. could check gamefaqs if you have to be sure

Headhunter

Neo Member
What in gods name?

I love the new gliders and the tracks, but what happened to the sound.

Tremendous echo, and AFAIK only on the new tracks, the old ones are all ok?

Someone has the same issue?

soldat7

Revolutionary said:
Options > Extras > Statistics

It says it in the update notification you received when you started the game up. lol

Not what I'm talking about. lol

I'm talking about something like this:

2j2e078.jpg

or

opdbtk.jpg

Has anyone stumbled on any of these yet or are they not in the game?

jett

D-Member
Those pictuers aren't in the game. Which is weird because they show a menu and shit. Then again, that menu isn't the game either. :p

I'll try getting Elite gold medals on all races in the first event and see if that nets anything. I'm gonna need some tips for scoring big points in Detonator though. :p I've been able to clear all 14 stages but get way below the Gold target.

soldat7

jett said:
Those pictuers aren't in the game. Which is weird because they show a menu and shit. Then again, that menu isn't the game either. :p

Ah that's too bad. It'd be cool to unlock concept art and some behind-the-scenes stuff.

I'm still getting Elite gold medals in the last tier for HD. But I tried the Fury pack out a bit and I'm pretty impressed. The only things that bother me so far are the increased amounts of tearing and slowdown - and the fact that there's a noticeable pause in the menu music; it's not consistent like the regular HD menu theme.

Also, I took a picture. Color palette reminds me of NiGHTS Into Dreams.

142g03s.jpg

Mothlight

Banned
Sold my friend and her husband on a PlayStation 3 tonight, thanks to this game. This expansion... wow. This is a console expansion? So full of polish, ideas, etc. Eliminator is really rad, the menus are unbelievable (they even cleaned the Studio Liverpool logo animation up), I just... yes. Probably replaced Football Manager Live as my GotY after a good four hours of play.

Only complaint is that I had assumed more people'd be playing online, but I guess it is a Friday night.

seb

Banned
WHOAguitarninja said:
Anyone figured out how to unlock the third skin for the new ships? Is it get a medal in every event in Fury?

I unlocked feisar "zone battle" skin for completing the first grid. I assume other grids will unlock other ships ?

Grayman

seb said:
I unlocked feisar "zone battle" skin for completing the first grid. I assume other grids will unlock other ships ?
yes, but there is a third set that does not unlock.

I have the one tournament left in aftermath before all medals, phantom was too fast for me today.

slider

Finally played some earlier tonight. At first I just sat there staring at the menu screen. Nice.

I'm pretty sure quite a few of my friends list have been playing this but only one shows up (on the very first race in campaign) when I check friends' times. Hmm. Not that it's a major problem or anything.

Anyway, love it so far and all my grumbling about no new content is forgotten. Go Studio Liverpool. The design ethic is soooo good.

Going from Phantom to Venom is just like... *crickets*.

Too slow to be fun. :lol

Also, if FURY is anything as good as HD - this will be my game of the year... again. :lol

Grayman

U K Narayan said:

Also, if FURY is anything as good as HD - this will be my game of the year... again. :lol
yep the whole campaign mode is nearly broken by the speed choices. You should be able to crank them all up. That is something for Liverpool to work on next time around.

U K Narayan said:

Venom's too slow, but Phantom is fucking annoying. Races in Phantom turn into bumper car disasters... time trials and speed laps are alright, though.

Danielsan

Grayman said:
yes, but there is a third set that does not unlock.

I have the one tournament left in aftermath before all medals, phantom was too fast for me today.
I hope that third set only unlocks if finish campaign on elite with all gold medals. :D

Oh shit...

After downloading and installing Fury from the EU store, I'm unable to find it within my WipeoutHD. I may have downloaded the original from the US store (can't remember though)... will that be the cause of my problem?

Danielsan

marvelharvey said:
Oh shit...

After downloading and installing Fury from the EU store, I'm unable to find it within my WipeoutHD. I may have downloaded the original from the US store (can't remember though)... will that be the cause of my problem?
If you did buy the original from the US store then yes.
Sorry you just blew €10.

Danielsan said:
If you did buy the original from the US store then yes.
Sorry you just blew €10.
I guess this is a way to 'punish' people with accounts in multiple stores... we just can't keep track of where all our purchases were made. The funny thing is, while fumbling around with my Japanese account a few months back, I accidently purchased the Japanese version of HD too... I can't buy the original for a 3rd time! :lol

topofuji

Banned
The amount of detail put into just the background environments is simply astounding. It's a shame a large chunk of players aren't going to be looking at the background and will miss out on this genius architecture and art. But just racing through a track in Detonator mode is a work of art itself. Studio Liverpool really melded the audio with the artwork for this especially.

Loving the new electro-esque tracks added to the soundtrack as well.

IcyEyes

soldat7 said:
Now that's a screenshot.

Thanks! (and about information, i can't help)

neojubei said:
Which track is this one?

Talos Junction.

topofuji said:
The amount of detail put into just the background environments is simply astounding. It's a shame a large chunk of players aren't going to be looking at the background and will miss out on this genius architecture and art. But just racing through a track in Detonator mode is a work of art itself. Studio Liverpool really melded the audio with the artwork for this especially.

Loving the new electro-esque tracks added to the soundtrack as well.

Totally agree!

Anyway, this game looks like come from the future, simply awesome!

BeeDog

This game is kicking my ass, especially Zone Battle (fucking HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE this mode arghghghghhghghg), and Detonator's making me cry.

Danielsan

marvelharvey said:
I guess I was wrong... didn't take me long to crack. Now then, onto the first race!
Couldn't you have bought fury on the US store instead (cheaper?)
Anywho, enjoy the best DLC of the year! :D

topofuji

Banned
One thing I wanted to touch on - this game doesn't look "as" good as it does on my TV as it does in these screenshots in this thread for example. A tiny bit of jaggy-ness I witness.
I see a tiny bit of blur added to the shots and they look absolutely amazing because of it, I just wish they would have applied the "Motion blur" (as you can play with in Photo Mode) to the actual game itself a tiny bit...
By the way, I'm playing on a 40" 1080p Samsung Series 7 LCD, so I doubt it's the quality of the TV.

Does anyone else feel this way? Or perhaps I haven't spent enough time with Fury yet to really see. Maybe they touched the in game visuals.

Danielsan

topofuji said:
One thing I wanted to touch on - this game doesn't look "as" good as it does on my TV as it does in these screenshots in this thread for example. A tiny bit of jaggy-ness I witness.
I see a tiny bit of blur added to the shots and they look absolutely amazing because of it, I just wish they would have applied the "Motion blur" (as you can play with in Photo Mode) to the actual game itself a tiny bit...
By the way, I'm playing on a 40" 1080p Samsung Series 7 LCD, so I doubt it's the quality of the TV.

Does anyone else feel this way? Or perhaps I haven't spent enough time with Fury yet to really see. Maybe they touched the in game visuals.
The photo mode of course generates some slightly better visuals. However when I'm racing at light speed I don't see the difference.

There are still some classic Pulse tracks that aren't in this game.

Funny thing is that I failed to recognise any of the new tracks except for Amphiseum. Only after some races my memory got jogged again and I started to recognise certain features and corners.

Grayman

PjotrStroganov said:
There are still some classic Pulse tracks that aren't in this game.

Funny thing is that I failed to recognise any of the new tracks except for Amphiseum. Only after some races my memory got jogged again and I started to recognise certain features and corners.
I recognized the zones(synco and one other.) and Modesto from pure. I want blue ridge and cittua if they want to knock up the difficulty. Or maybe just do a classic like manor top.

I just fired up Pulse to check out some of the tracks. It's striking that despite WOHD looking absolutely awesome, it has less effects going on than Pulse. It makes Pulse feel less clinical.

I personally love De Construct because of the creative use of the mag strip and the parallel track in reverse.

Platinum Rush would be nice too. It's got a nice flow.

Top Bottom