• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Wipeout HD FURY Thread of jizzplosion in your pants

LiK

Felix Lighter said:
Is Wipeout HD and this DLC worth it if I really only plan on playing single player?

gawd yes. it's worth it for the eye candy alone. did you check those screens from photo mode? :)

jett

D-Member
protonion said:
New update is up.About 100 mb.I don't know what it does but when I went online the game froze...

Eliminator is awesome btw!

Whoever is in charge of the Wipeout patches neeeds to get a new job.

EVIL137S

Banned
I purchased both shatter and fury and I was blown away by both, a real bargain for the price.Shatter and stardust are by far my favorite arcade games, and fury surpassed my expectations.:D

EazyB

Banned
Still haven't played as much Wipeout HD as I'd have liked to and those pics make me want to go back. I'mma try to finish Pacific Rift then get back into Wipeout and see if I'm enticed to buy the expansion.

Wollan

I'm pretty sure it fixes the 2.00 freeze issues.

I have been playing a couple of online matches with 2.01 no problem now.

protonion

I've been playing with 2.00 all day and had no problems.With the update it froze while joining a game.Actually every crash I had with the game was in the online menus, not during gameplay.Maybe it's because players already online haven't updated yet.

LiK

kazuma_pt said:
the music tracks are there, i heard them yesterday.

guess i'll play more to see if they pop up. completed all races for the first course/event and i kept hearing the same 3 old HD music tracks.

IcyEyes

Just to show how amazing is the graphics of this game. One of the best around.

wohd_20090723_203708.jpg

wohd_20090723_204407.jpg

wohd_20090723_205200.jpg

wohd_20090723_205422.jpg

wohd_20090723_210047.jpg

wohd_20090723_204615.jpg

wohd_20090723_210414.jpg

sinnergy

The new menu music is awesome! So is the whole funky looking ship! 2 Bad it's only a small loop! Want to hear the whole track sounds interesting.

The new tracks are so awesome, I am such a sucker for Wipeout. I never owned a PS1 was more of a Nintendo gamer ;) played it at a friends house.

I am also looking into buying a PSP.. now that I have played this again.. and the thought of Wipeout of PSP is very tempting. I commute every day with train to work. How many Wipeouts are on PSP?

Anyway the rest of the music tracks are also very good. Only thing I don't get where can I see my ships name in the ship select?

Oo and it seems it has a bit more screentearing, at least here @ 1080p, nothing big, but I noticed.

soldat7

IcyEyes said:
Just to show how amazing is the graphics of this game. One of the best around.

wohd_20090723_204407.jpg

Now that's a screenshot. Does anyone know how to access the information screens? The ones that go into detail about the tracks and such? There were some images from the PS blog and their flickr that I can't seem to find anymore...are they unlockables?

soldat7 said:
Now that's a screenshot. Does anyone know how to access the information screens? The ones that go into detail about the tracks and such? There were some images from the PS blog and their flickr that I can't seem to find anymore...are they unlockables?
Options > Extras > Statistics

It says it in the update notification you received when you started the game up. lol

Vespene

The main issue I've had with Wipeout games lately is that, while they look gorgeous, half the time you don't know what the hell's going on. On the later leagues, things move so fast that luck becomes as much of a factor as skill and knowing the track.

Maybe it's just me, but I think racing should be more about driving through race traffic and drifting through turns, and not about memorizing where the boost arrows are.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
LiK said:
yea, i tried both modes. nothing happened.

Did you fire it after the red/lock-on for 30 seconds bit? I dunno, I haven't gotten past 15 seconds lock-on to really know what unlocks it. :lol :lol

Has anyone found the shortcut in Amphitheater or whatever for Amphi-scenic route? I'm trying to figure out where the fuck that is.:lol

edgefusion

TheSeks said:
Did you fire it after the red/lock-on for 30 seconds bit? I dunno, I haven't gotten past 15 seconds lock-on to really know what unlocks it. :lol :lol

Has anyone found the shortcut in Amphitheater or whatever for Amphi-scenic route? I'm trying to figure out where the fuck that is.:lol

It's right after where the track gets really lumpy, if you look off to your right you'll see a glass 'window' that you can go through if you use a speed pickup to launch yourself off the track. It's pretty tricky to do as you have to steer your craft back down onto the course without overshooting.

TheSeks

edgefusion said:
It's right after where the track gets really lumpy, if you look off to your right you'll see a glass 'window' that you can go through if you use a speed pickup to launch yourself off the track. It's pretty tricky to do as you have to steer your craft back down onto the course without overshooting.

You might want to take a photo of it, I'm bad with directions. Esp when I'm racing at 600 MPH! :lol

Spruchy

This game is fucking amazing, detonator is almost worth the price of admission alone. This + shard made yesterday the best PSN day ever for me.

TheSeks

TheSeks said:
Helpful, sort-of but it still is too fast. :lol

I think I get the jist, if only the mysterious "raise the nose up" bit that throws me off now.

Yeah, I'm still not getting it. I'm in the general area and all that but I can't seem to find the mysterious "glass" you guys are talking about and throwing myself up there. There is a bit with a turbo pad a bit after those "lumps" which I assume is the short-cut, but I can't fling my damn self up there even boosting as I hit the turbo pad. ARGH!
OH! That's the launch point! I just shot through the TV logo thing and hit the track but I didn't barrel roll. ARGH! But at least I know the third speed class can possibly do it as the fourth is too damn fast for me to control.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Okay a quick question, do you guys use the D-pad or analogue stick? because I tried using the stick and I suuucked bad :lol

TheSeks

Label said:
Okay a quick question, do you guys use the D-pad or analogue stick? because I tried using the stick and I suuucked bad :lol

I can't really turn with D-pad, so I use the sticks and 100% airbrakes (but I still slam into walls). It's a personal preference, really.

Also: FUCK YES! I JUST GOT AMPHI-SCENIC ROUTE! Stage 3 (Reaper?) will do it, I kept overshooting the track and forgetting to barrel roll through the "TV"/hologram that is the short-cut. I finally pull the barrel roll off, land on the outskirts of the track/slide off the track as I'm landing. Think it wouldn't count but the achievement popped. HOORAH! :lol :lol :lol SO HAPPY! :lol

vocab

I kinda regret not buying Wipeout HD when it was on sale, because these screenshots are god damn amazing. I need to give the demo another go, because I just dicked around with it, and didn't get anything from it.

roxya

I'm really bad at online eliminator, but I love it. Any tips? I know I could start with re-learning the tracks -- I'm awful at picking up weapons.

On that note... is there some kind of limit to how quickly you can pick up a new weapon? There have been countless times (in eliminator) where I go straight over a few pads in a rowvbut I don't get anything. Unless I'm getting some + to my shield from it? idk.

TheSeks

roxya said:
On that note... is there some kind of limit to how quickly you can pick up a new weapon? There have been countless times (in eliminator) where I go straight over a few pads in a rowvbut I don't get anything. Unless I'm getting some + to my shield from it? idk.

If you have a weapon, you won't pick up a new one (like, duh).

Additionally: If someone has used that pad a few seconds/minute before you, you can't pick up a weapon from that pad. (The pad will be a faded red)

roxya

TheSeks said:

Additionally: If someone has used that pad a few seconds/minute before you, you can't pick up a weapon from that pad. (The pad will be a faded red)

1) obviously.

2) in Eliminator I haven't seen any fading of pads

bedlamite

I should have checked out this thread before grabbing the Fury expansion on impulse, now Fury, which I bought from the Asian marketplace, doesn't work with my US-region copy of Wipeout. 10 bucks flushed down the crapper! I'll probably rebuy it later on, but region-locked DLC is some kind of fuckin bullshit

protonion

TheSeks said:

But in eliminator the pads are always active.I had the same problem with roxya.I noticed it happened when I was low on health.I'll play again later with the new update and see if it happens again.

TheSeks

protonion said:
But in eliminator the pads are always active.I had the same problem with roxya.I noticed it happened when I was low on health.I'll play again later with the new update and see if it happens again.

Ah, right, eliminator... the one new mode from Fury I have blocked out of my mind completely because I suck at it. :lol I think there is a time limit between last used weapon and new weapon pick-up (like... 30 seconds?), though I can't say for sure.

Danielsan

Good games Flakari, Decon and Pjotrstroganov!
Pjotr, you're insane at Eliminator. :lol
I'm shit at it but it's still a blast.

bedlamite said:
I should have checked out this thread before grabbing the Fury expansion on impulse, now Fury, which I bought from the Asian marketplace, doesn't work with my US-region copy of Wipeout. 10 bucks flushed down the crapper! I'll probably rebuy it later on, but region-locked DLC is some kind of fuckin bullshit
I know. Same stuff happened to me when I bought Big Surf island (I have an American copy). Luckily a gaffer was willing to do a fund trade that allowed me to get the DLC anyway.

neojubei said:
wohd_20090723_204407jpg

Which track is this one?
Modesto Heights.

There is no time limit between weapons on Eliminator, and the pads don't fade.

If you went "right over them" and missed them somehow, then you probably didn't go over them correctly. Trust me, it happens.

EDIT: And I blame the Euro lag on my losses. Grr!

Top Bottom