• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MvsC3: Mike Haggar & (Jean Grey) Phoenix confirmed.

dankir

ElyrionX said:
Also, people who've never played Nero or Vergil in the DMC games need to shut the fuck up about those two being Dante clones.

I did play through and complete DMC4 and found Vergil boring and a Dante clone. Dante on the other hand is awesome and I'm glad he's included.

You already have Spencer with his Bionic Arm throws so why include Vergil?? So stop hatin' on Haggar.

WELCOME TO MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 BAHBEEEEEE

Skilletor

ElyrionX said:
Also, people who've never played Nero or Vergil in the DMC games need to shut the fuck up about those two being Dante clones.

I wouldn't say they'd play alike, but their play styles would be similar.

Kurtofan

ElyrionX said:
There's enough swordsmen in this game as it is.

Shito

dankir said:
I did play through and complete DMC4 and found Vergil boring and a Dante clone. Dante on the other hand is awesome and I'm glad he's included.

You already have Spencer with his Bionic Arm throws so why include Vergil?? So stop hatin' on Haggar.
You are wrong on so many levels! ^^

Hint: you meant "Nero".

Monocle said:
So what you're trying to tell me here is that my opinion is wrong? I'll take that under advisement.

I never said you were wrong. I suggested with "foam coming out of your mouth" that for someone trying to only express his opinion, you're going a mile and a half with it. i don't like felicia and x-23 but i can live without the nerd rage. can you?

edit: ElyrionX is outdoing you though, if i must say.

ShinAmano said:
Exactly...I am happy to have Haggar...I could go on about how lame Modok, Amaterasu, Tron Bonne, Viewtiful Joe and Zero are, but you don't hear me bitching I will just ignore them...I might give Amaterasu and Modok a chance but the others I feel are waste of space.

Thank you. Just find the characters that you like and use them. Just because a character that is not included was your deep love and you're angsty about it or just because a character that was included was "stupid" in your eyes shouldn't take away from the game, which still has some characters to reveal.

edit: damn Vergil is some serious business, what the hell. :lol

chibi_vergil__stay_back_scum_by_veggwhale-d2yvjs8.png

If Vergil was included, it would be synonymous to the coming of Christ. He's *so* kawaii desu ne

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Haha, we get Jean now, but no Cyclops? Poor Scott! He even found a way to fit her into his fighting lines with "Jean Splice!" :lol

Seriously though, Phoenix looks pretty sweet. I already like her Theme, and Jennifer Hale is the De Facto voice for red-headed animated chicks, so that's utterly perfect. Someone find a character for Cam Clarke to voice, now! I liked the little "stop and place and float" aerial rave she pulled off near the beginning of the trailer, and she seems to have exactly the kinda power I'd expect her to have. RESURRECTION now seen, lupinko leaks vindicated even more, thanks for the early info!

Haggar sounds like he might be Jim Cummings? If so, that's also quite the perfect classic VA for such a character. On to his specials, I already see a combo-able Air throw, and I rather like the simple-but effective single arm beatdown. I hope he has some more moves from Slammasters in there, too. Metro City does look awesome, and is so much better than almost every SFIV stage that's not based in Africa! Feels much more like something from the creativity of the Alpha series times.

I stil wanna see Hsien-Ko now... but pretty happy with these 2 overall. The inevitable gameplay trailers that follow should be good to watch...

I complained about Vergil not being in the game, because I didn't want another Dante knockoff. Now, I'm feeling that Capcom side is lacking villains. Where are they at Capcom? It's not making sense that we only have Wesker for Capcom and 5+ on the Marvel side.

ShinAmano

spindashing said:
Thank you. Just find the characters that you like and use them. Just because a character that is not included was your deep love and you're angsty about it or just because a character that was included was "stupid" in your eyes shouldn't take away from the game, which still has some characters to reveal.

edit: damn Vergil is some serious business, what the hell. :lol

BlackishWhiteKittehsnarl.jpg

If Vergil was included, it would be synonymous to the coming of Christ.
I am just happy that MvC3 is actually a real game and i get to enjoy it. Sure the selection of characters wont please everyone, but it is not possible for it to do so.

I think that even the characters I am not a fan of I will deal with on one way or another...I usually play random so I will undoubtedly use them from time to time and no doubt fight them. I hated on half the cast of Tatsunoko vs Capcom but guess what...I loved the game.

Chauncy Talon said:
I complained about Vergil not being in the game, because I didn't want another Dante knockoff. Now, I'm feeling that Capcom side is lacking villains. Where are they at Capcom? It's not making sense that we only have Wesker for Capcom and 5+ on the Marvel side.

Akuma was supposed to be Bison.

he looks like he fits in the game fine.

I feel like people who complain about what characters are or aren't in the game are the ones that are going to play this for like a month and then forget about it anyway.

ElyrionX said:
Vergil and Nero are not Dante 2.0, for fucks sake.

Vergil uses the katana far more extensively than Dante, which leads to a remarkably different fighting style. He also uses spirit swords offensively and defensively and the way it's implemented in DMC3SE was quite different in application than Dante's guns.

Nero uses the demon arm and could have been some sort of semi-grappler character. His devil form is also significantly different from Dante/Vergil and it would have been awesome to see it in MvC3.

Aesthetically, both characters' moves would look fantastic and would fit very well in MvC3 and they would hardly be Dante clones. At the very least, they wouldn't be anywhere close to what Haggar is to Zangief and what Ken is to Ryu.
But DMC doesn't need anymore than 1 character in this game anyway...

Haggar should of been more flashy, something like Cody.

akilshohen said:
But DMC doesn't need anymore than 1 character in this game anyway...

Haggar should of been more flashy, something like Cody.

throwing pebbles and zonk knuckles doesn't fit MAHVEL's playstyle.

Piledriving dudes during an air combo does, however.

corrosivefrost said:
:lol

Out of all the characters, Haggar is probably the one who fits the LEAST.

Seems like he works about as well as the hulk does or Gief did in the marvel games he's been in.

Grapplers have never been super important in the vs series though.

dankir said:

WELCOME TO MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 BAHBEEEEEE
Was Vergil PS3 exclusive? I beat DMC4 on 360 and don't remember Vergil being in at all.

SonOfABeep said:
throwing pebbles and zonk knuckles doesn't fit MAHVEL's playstyle.

Piledriving dudes during an air combo does, however.

Neither fit. Might as well go get Phoenix Wright if we're going down that line.
Super Heroes, Super Villains, Demons, Robots, and now an ex-wrestler Mayor. :lol
Well, I suppose he takes the "doesn't quite fit" moniker from Chris.

SonOfABeep said:
Seems like he works about as well as the hulk does or Gief did in the marvel games he's been in.

Grapplers have never been super important in the vs series though.

See above. It's not that he doesn't fit in because of his play style, it's that his character inclusion is just ridiculous based on his abilities.

So was Lupinko's list finalized? Who is the character that seth said he had no idea how they got to work in the context of the game? He said it wasn't MODOK.

We need the token "grappler" guy, since they've always done that in the MvsC series so instead of Gief, we got Haggar. I don't get how that isn't obvious for people.

corrosivefrost said:
Super Heroes, Super Villains, Demons, Robots, and now an ex-wrestler Mayor. :lol
Nothing in Mahvel has rhyme or reason outside of the play mechanics. Haggar fits because NO-ONE fits.

Kurtofan

BamYouHaveAids said:
So was Lupinko's list finalized? Who is the character that seth said he had no idea how they got to work in the context of the game? He said it wasn't MODOK.
That's Phoenix.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
BamYouHaveAids said:
Geese Howard, the Framework Engine 2.0 cant handle so much awesome. Rising Storm eats up the RAM like brownies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
BamYouHaveAids said:
Taskmaster

corrosivefrost said:

See above. It's not that he doesn't fit in because of his play style, it's that his character inclusion is just ridiculous based on his abilities.

So it's because of non-gameplay things that the character doesn't fit in the game? :lol

Again, people who will play this game a month and forget about it.

LiK

SonOfABeep said:
So it's because of non-gameplay things that the character doesn't fit in the game? :lol

Again, people who will play this game a month and forget about it.
Yea, people arguing who fits in a fantasy crossover game makes me laugh.

corrosivefrost said:

You're telling me a game that is designed to be a crossover as wild as possible with characters across multiple genres/series has a criteria as to which types of characters can be included?

Why we got Thor and Amaterasu? Obviously they're gods so they're so broken right? oh daammnn

zlatko

Banned
ICallItFutile said:
Haggar looks pretty boring to play as.

This. I don't think Hagger is a bad choice for a character at all for the roster, but the execution falls flat. Lame voice over, a meh theme song using the remix shit from Cody's in SSF4, and throw in his supers look snore inducing.

They must've saved a lot of the bad ass characters with interesting shit for DLC.

ElyrionX

corrosivefrost said:
Out of all the characters, Haggar is probably the one who fits the LEAST.

Exactly. There are *many* characters that I don't particularly fancy. Tron Bonne, MODOK, Shuma Gorath, She-Hulk, X-23, etc. But out of everyone, Haggar is the biggest waste of a slot. Not only is he aesthetically bland and generic but his play style is just as uninteresting.

Barrage

Phoenix looks phenominal, and I say this as someone who's not a fan of the character. Interesting visually, and it looks she's got all kinds of tricks and options up her...bodysuit. GREAT VA Choice.

At first I was underwhelmed with Haggar, as he is a little dry.

But I realized it would leave the Weeaboos and 90's Kids weeping about the lack of Dante siblings and 1992 Gambit, so i'm back on the team again.

Is MODOK/X-23/Haggar the confirmed perfect trolling team?

zlatko said:
This. I don't think Hagger is a bad choice for a character at all for the roster, but the execution falls flat. Lame voice over, a meh theme song using the remix shit from Cody's in SSF4, and throw in his supers look snore inducing.

They must've saved a lot of the bad ass characters with interesting shit for DLC.

I think that stage was awesome looking though.

Who knows about the playstyle. They showed the same things in the video they show for most of the characters, air combos and supers. Can't tell a lot about how someone plays just from that.

dankir

Barrage said:
Phoenix looks phenominal, and I say this as someone who's not a fan of the character. Interesting visually, and it looks she's got all kinds of tricks and options up her...bodysuit. GREAT VA Choice.

At first I was underwhelmed with Haggar, as he is a little dry.

But I realized it would leave the Weeaboos and 90's Kids weeping about the lack of Dante siblings and 1992 Gambit, so i'm back on the team again.

Is MODOK/X-23/Haggar the confirmed perfect trolling team?

Yup!!!

Analyze cube into Invisible strike until whirlwind ultimate spinning pile driver :)

ElyrionX said:
Exactly. There are *many* characters that I don't particularly fancy. Tron Bonne, MODOK, Shuma Gorath, She-Hulk, X-23, etc. But out of everyone, Haggar is the biggest waste of a slot. Not only is he aesthetically bland and generic but his play style is just as uninteresting.

Fortunately there are going to be like 40 characters by the time they're done so even if 10 of them annoy you you'll have plenty to choose from.

Wolfwood0

Neo Member
ElyrionX said:

To you...

Top Bottom