• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MvsC3: Mike Haggar & (Jean Grey) Phoenix confirmed.

dankir

thetrin said:
j3fXx.jpg

Has any high res version of this piece shown up yet? I'd love to turn this into iPhone 4 wallpaper.

I think Capcom should offer an option to print out a nicer cover than the one they are offering on the regular edition. Just like the did on Okami Wii. Quick somebody find the IGN logo on the MvC3 cover!!@!@

Glad I'm getting the limited edition. That Shinkiro artwork is still sick.

Barrage

Choppasmith said:
Perfect :lol

Anyways, a new Shinkiro art has popped up. nd wth it comes another WTF Capcom in regards to Cover art

j3fXx.jpg

Looks just as shitty as the one with Hell-Tron.

Skrull looks like garbage, Trish looks like a cheesy tatoo a biker would have, and the Hulk resembles a green pedophile.

Barrage said:

Skrull looks like garbage, Trish looks like a cheesy tatoo a biker would have, and the Hulk resembles a green pedophile.

I was going to post an "Oh You" but then I actually chuckled at that last bit. Smiling Hulk is creepy.:lol

Kurtofan

Barrage said:

Really?
It's way better the previous piece of shit and your complaints don't make sense.
Trish usually looks like some kind of girl that hangs out with bikers.
Skrull looks fine too.

Barrage

Kurtofan said:
Really?
It's way better the previous piece of shit and your complaints don't make sense.
Trish usually looks like some kind of girl that hangs out with bikers.
Skrull looks fine too.

You clearly have no idea what type of crowd gravitates towards bikers.

In-Game Trish wears designer shades and looks like a gold digger princess.

Shinkiro Trish looks like a waitress at Dingalings.

Oh, P.S. Shinkiro-if you could take the mask off Captain America, and put it on Dante's face, and they LOOK THE SAME? You're doing it wrong. :lol

Keep Shinkiro's trash away from my cover art.

Kurtofan

Barrage said:

I Never said I did?
I should have added in the movies or stuff like that I guess.

And they don't have the same nose.

DR2K

Banned
Barrage said:

Oh, P.S. Shinkiro-if you could take the mask off Captain America, and put it on Dante's face, and they LOOK THE SAME? You're doing it wrong. :lol

Keep Shinkiro's trash away from my cover art.

You have really bad opinions and they should burn in a fire.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Dante has a similiar face to Cap in Shinkiro's pic, but Dante is obviously younger, has a sharper "pretty boy" nose, and doesn't really look all that samey in comparision. Older Shinkiro work suffered from that much more than his recent works.

I found Episode 2 Trish to look kinda... mannish and unappealing personally. In game, I find her to look so... plain, design wise. Doesnt do anything for me. Shinkiro Trish actually looks kinda like a breathy-speaking, soap-opera-archetype gold-digger, to me, so I think that gives her an interesting twist, that rather fits all the stupid stuff she mouths off in game.

Anacelato's art doesn't seem to make any attempt to bridge the original intent of the characters with his own art. Tron is a young lady, a bit "naughty" in personality, but not in a really serious way. In his art, it looks like he he just ran with "evil mechanic genius female", without any reguard to the rest of her character points. He did a good job with the more "western archetype" characters (like Arthur and Thor), but he seems like he has no ability to bring eastern designs into his own style properly.

Shinkiro's, however, puts "realistic" character and "anime fantasy" pretty well together, not to mention his coloring and details know what to emphasize in order to make them look as if they exist in the same universe. He even makes a good adaptation of the Marvel side, and showing that he has a good understanding of what makes each character who they are (Such as Deadpool's unique expression, or Thor's noble pride). He overall seems to display proper age much better in body types (Anacelato's Phoenix and X-23 have almos the same body, Super Skrulls build is almos the same as spiderman's, and most of his characters look like they have middle age, past-their-prime builds).

I mean, everyone is entitled to like the kinda art they like, but Shinkiro art fits this cast of characters much better than Anacelato.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Caj814 said:
New vid from Hakf
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X32AGogiw5Y

Noticed in the beginning with two attacks trade it puts both characters into the same recovery,kinda like the same situation after a throw break
I still can't wrap my head around the number of Dante's attacks, they weren't kidding when they said they're many. He still surprises with a new one every now and then.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Jinfash said:
I still can't wrap my head around the number of Dante's attacks, they weren't kidding when they said they're many. He still surprises with a new one every now and then.

Bet Ryu wishes he had gotten some of that attention.

Kimosabae

Banned
Jinfash said:

Yeah, I wasn't sure about him since he's guaranteed to be this game's SF4 Ken, but that vid solidified him a tryout spot on my team. I like characters with variety, so maybe there'll be enough to him to reward innovation, despite the inevitable Dante army.

Had he a tri-jump, he'd be perfect.

As for Ryu... I don't even know why he's in this game.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Kimosabae said:
Yeah, I wasn't sure about him since he's guaranteed to be this game's SF4 Ken, but that vid solidified him a tryout spot on my team. I like characters with variety, so maybe there'll be enough to him to reward innovation, despite the inevitable Dante army.

Had he a tri-jump, he'd be perfect.

As for Ryu... I don't even know why he's in this game.

I've been waiting for Dante to be playable in a Vs. game for around 8 years. And with dmc around the corner, this may be the last time for a long while that we'll see the real Dante in a game.

I hope every team has Dante in it so that Capcom finally gets a clue about what their target audience actually wants out of Devil May Cry.

Barrage said:

Skrull always looks like garbage.

How do people know what the SE coverart looks like? The pictures they've shown thus far don't make it clear what they're using for the cover itself. Is it the Alvin Lee piece? If so, sweet. I have a poster of it signed by Niitsuma. :)

Top Bottom