• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MvsC3: Mike Haggar & (Jean Grey) Phoenix confirmed.

shaowebb

Someone brought up assists earlier in the thread. So far whose assists have we seen?

All I remember are Chun li's 1000 kick, and Morrigan's uppercut,Amaterasu's vine grab, and MODOK's barrier.

What do Spencer and some of the others do ?

shaowebb said:
Someone brought up assists earlier in the thread. So far whose assists have we seen?

All I remember are Chun li's 1000 kick, and Morrigan's uppercut,Amaterasu's vine grab, and MODOK's barrier.

You can check the individual character threads on Shoryuken. Most of them list the assists and what they do in the OPs.

shaowebb

robut said:
You can check the individual character threads on Shoryuken. Most of them list the assists and what they do in the OPs.

I was kind of hoping to avoid opening over thirty seperate threads on another forum when I asked that. Looks like I may have to though.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
shaowebb said:

Here's the "Master Assist List". http://shoryuken.com/content/marvel-vs-capcom-3-portugal-master-assist-list-2993/

I'd past it here, but it's much too much to burst out of spoiler tags and paste here. But as an example, here are Spencers:

"Rad" Spencer:
  • A- WP (H.Shot) : SHOT Forward
  • B- WG (Slant Shot) : SHOT Up-Forward
  • G- Armor Piercer : DIRECT Foward

shaowebb

SAB CA said:
Here's the "Master Assist List". http://shoryuken.com/content/marvel-vs-capcom-3-portugal-master-assist-list-2993/

I'd past it here, but it's much too much to burst out of spoiler tags and paste here. But as an example, here are spencers:

"Rad" Spencer:
  • A- WP (H.Shot) : SHOT Forward
  • B- WG (Slant Shot) : SHOT Up-Forward
  • G- Armor Piercer : DIRECT Foward

Thanks! This is just what I was wanting to look through.

...and for those not wanting to even go that far here is the contents of that link lifted to this thread via good ol copy/paste.

AMATERASU

Spoiler for Show Assists:

* A- Solar Flare : EXTRA
* B- Ice Beads : AIR
* G-Bloom : EXTRA

ARTHUR

* A- Heavenly Slash : DIRECT
* B- Dagger Toss : SHOT
* G- Fire Bottle : SHOT

CAPTAIN AMERICA

* A- Shield Slash : SHOT
* B- Stars & Stripes : DIRECT
* G- Charging Star : DIRECT

C. VIPER

* A- Thunder Knuckle : DIRECT
* B- Seismo : SHOT (A version, which means point blank)
* G- Burning Kick : DIRECT [Editor's note - No word yet on if this is an overhead or not, as her burn kick Is an overhead in this build on point]

CHRIS REDFIELD - [Editor's Note - Filled in from memory]

* A- Punch Combo
* B- Machinegun Fire
* G- Grenade

CHUN-LI

* A- Kikoken : SHOT
* B- Tensho Kyaku : DIRECT
* G- HyakuretsuKyaku : DIRECT

DANTE

* A- Jam Session : DIRECT
* B- Crystal : SHOT
* G- Weasel Shot : SHOT

DEADPOOL

* A- Quick Work : DIRECT
* B- Katanarama! : DIRECT
* G- Trigger Happy : SHOT

FELICIA

* A- Rolling Buckler : DIRECT [Editor's Note - Is this her low assist? S-kill said she had one.]
* B- Sand Splash : SHOT
* G- Cat Spkie : DIRECT

DR. DOOM

* A- Plasma Beam : SHOT
* B- Hidden Missile : SHOT
* G- Molecular Shield : SHOT

DORMAMMU

* A- Dark Portal : SHOT
* B- Purification : SHOT
* G- Liberation : EXTRA

*i'm not sure on his directions and types. Also, i suspect liberation might change, depending on how many PotDs or PotCs you had charged before tagging him out* [Editor's Note - It does]

HULK

* A- Gamma Wave : SHOT
* B- Gamma Charge : DIRECT
* G- Gamma Charge : DIRECT [Editor's Note - In older builds, Gamma Charge assists had super armor]

IRON MAN

* A- UniBeam : SHOT
* B- Repulsor Blast : SHOT
* G- Smart Bomb : AIR

MAGNETO

* A- ElectroMagnetic Disruptor : SHOT
* B- Hyper Gravitation : SHOT
* G- Magnetic Force Field : EXTRA

MODOK

* A- Barrier : SHOT [Editor's Note - Oh boy!]
* B- Ballon Bomb : SHOT
* G- Psyonic Blaster : SHOT

MORRIGAN

* A- Shadow Blade : DIRECT
* B- Soul Fist : SHOT
* G- Dark harmonizer : EXTRA [Editor's Note - In previous builds, this was called Kiss and Throw, and gave you some super meter]

Ryu

* A- Hadoken : SHOT
* B- Shoryuken : DIRECT
* G- Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku : DIRECT

SHE-HULK

* A- Torpedo : DIRECT
* B- Clothesline : DIRECT
* G- Sommersault : DIRECT [Editor's Note - Was hoping for a running grab assist.]

SPENCER

* A- WP (H.Shot) : SHOT
* B- WG (Slant Shot) : SHOT
* G- Armor Piercer : DIRECT : r:

SPIDER-MAN

* A- Web Ball : SHOT
* B- Web Swing : DIRECT [Editor's Note - Is this an overhead?]
* G- Spider Sting : DIRECT

STORM

* A- Whirlwind : SHOT
* B- Typhoon : SHOT
* G- Lightning Strike : DIRECT

SUPER SKRULL

* A- Stone Smite : DIRECT [Editor's Note - This caused wall bounce in previous builds]
* B- Orbital Grudge : DIRECT
* G- Tenderizer : DIRECT

THOR

* A- Mighty Spark : SHOT
* B- Mighty Smash : DIRECT
* G- Mighty Strike : DIRECT

TRISH

* A- Hopscotch : SHOT
* B- Peek-a-boo : SHOT
* G- Low Voltage : SHOT

TRON BONNE

* A- Bonne Strike : DIRECT
* B- Gustaff Fire : SHOT
* G- Bandit Boulder : SHOT

VIEWTIFUL JOE

* A- Voomerang : SHOT
* B- Groovy Uppercut : DIRECT
* G- Shocking Pink : SHOT

WESKER

* A- Ghost Butterfly : DIRECT
* B- Samurai Edge : SHOT
* G Jaguar Kick : DIRECT

WOLVERINE

* A- Tornado Claw : DIRECT
* B- Berserker Slash : DIRECT
* G- Berserker Barrage : DIRECT

X-23

* A- Neck Slicer : DIRECT
* B- Ankle Slicer : DIRECT [Editor's Note - Her infamous low assist]
* G- Crescent Scythe : DIRECT

ZERO

* A- Ryuuenjin : DIRECT
* B- Hadangeki : SHOT
* G- Shipuuga : DIRECT

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
But then you have to go back and replace all the SRK smiley arrows with text! :lol

I'm very glad they have such nice indicators (And MOVE NAMES) for the assist now, however. Much better than "Enhance type!", "Balance Type", and such from the old game. Remembering 150+ assist by such vague names was a chore, and really made it even more awkward to pick-up-and-play a variety of teams well.

Dartastic

Where's that link for the good MVC2 strats? I played a lot of that game, but on a real casual level. Looking to step it up for MVC3.

SAB CA said:
It was back on page 20 of this very thread... MvC2 Guide.

That is the best guide for anybody that want to get into MvC2. I hope we can get another guide like that soon for MvC3. I hate buying guides and they don't have the right information. Frame data is missing on certain characters. Inputs are incorrect. Combos are not right. I hope that we can have a MvC3 guide similar to that.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Fair word of warning, if you're looking to get prepared for MVC3, playing any of the versus games besides TVC will only make it more confusing. MVC3 is a whole new beast, and feels very little like it's predecessors, with the exception of TVC.

I played MVC1 on GGPO all last weekend because of all the brutal hype around 3...and it screwed me up good. Although, I do have problems playing multiple fighting games at the same time if they're similar. IE, I can't play 3s anymore because of SF4 :<

LeMaximilian said:
Fair word of warning, if you're looking to get prepared for MVC3, playing any of the versus games besides TVC will only make it more confusing. MVC3 is a whole new beast, and feels nothing like it's predecessors, with the exception of TVC.

That is not all true. The magic series combo is in MvC3. Storm Hail Storm combo was demonstrated on the live stream on Capcom-Unity, last week. Also, if they don't understand how to create a team, the magic series combos or the ability to Super Cancel, then they can learn that by playing MvC2.n They will just have to pick up the TvC because lp and lk = light attack and mp and mk is not medium attack. They will learn that from playing TvC.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
LeMaximilian said:
Fair word of warning, if you're looking to get prepared for MVC3, playing any of the versus games besides TVC will only make it more confusing. MVC3 is a whole new beast, and feels very little like it's predecessors, with the exception of TVC.
As a TvC player, I don't think that's true. Execution-wise, MvC3 more closely resembles TvC, but as far as strategy and team dynamics go, it's shaping up to be much more like MvC2.

If you want to use MvC2 as training grounds for MvC3, I'd recommend focusing not so much on optimal combos or learning the specific ins and outs of various characters, but on just learning why certain strategies work. Specifically, how certain assists compliment various point characters, knowing how to bait and punish assists, learning the applications of 8-way dash and flight mode, etc. These are all things that will be relevant in MvC3 that are either not existent or at least not as emphasized in TvC.

Chauncy Talon said:
The magic series combo is in MvC3. Storm Hail Storm combo was demonstrated on the live stream on Capcom-Unity, last week. Also, if they don't understand how to create a team, the magic series combos or the ability to Super Cancel, then they can learn that by playing MvC2.
You can learn pretty much all of that from TvC as well. The MvC3 magic series is way closer to the TvC magic series anyway for obvious reasons.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
_dementia said:
Speaking of Morrigan, did they solve the RAM issue with her level 3 so we see Lilith or is it just a character model clone of Morrigan?

I'm kind of salty because they worked it out in TvC so Lilith got her cameo (though, the framerate was halved for the duration of the move's hit animation).

Nope, not that we have seen. Its likely Lin Lin wont appear during Hsien Ko's one super move either.

Sixfortyfive said:
You can learn pretty much all of that from TvC as well. The MvC3 magic series is way closer to the TvC magic series anyway for obvious reasons.

Preach it. I like the TvC better. It's easier to explain to somebody. A-B-A-B-C. I can't wait for this game.

Were you at Season Beatings 5? If so, who won the TvC tournament? I was conducting interviews in the room next to the casuals and tournament. I forgot to ask Kurasa who won it when I conducted his interview.

Well here's something out of the blue. Thank god THIS isn't the cover art.

Marvel's Jay Anacelato
detail.jpg

Sixfortyfive

Chauncy Talon said:
Were you at Season Beatings 5? If so, who won the TvC tournament? I was conducting interviews in the room next to the casuals and tournament. I forgot to ask Kurasa who won it when I conducted his interview.
1) RyRy
2) Keits
3) Kurasa

I got knocked into losers by RyRy and eliminated by Frankie. Probably coulda beaten Frankie if I was at the top of my game, but he was pretty solid.

RyRy is an absolute monster at that game. I believe Kurasa said that J. Wong dropped out of that tourney when he found out RyRy was entering.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
In that art... Arthur looks kinda cool. I actually like MODOK, too. And.. errr... the Gustaff?

Otherwise, they tell me if I don't have anything NICE to say... :D

Sixfortyfive said:
1) RyRy
2) Keits
3) Kurasa

I got knocked into losers by RyRy and eliminated by Frankie. Probably coulda beaten Frankie if I was at the top of my game, but he was pretty solid.

RyRy is an absolute monster at that game. I believe Kurasa said that J. Wong dropped out of that tourney when he found out RyRy was entering.

Who wouldn't. Also, Frankie have done a lot of wonders with this game. It crazy how many tournaments he have entered and is still in High school. He very solid at every game he plays.

Kurasa, that is my dog. I ask him who would he like to see in MvC3... Durunjo. That is all he want to see in this game. I don't want too. He destroyed me on MWC2010 stream with all those Rocks and Trees. I was eating cookies when he was doing combos on me.

I can't wait to see Kurasa get his hands on this.

On another note, I notice that Phoenix should be a point character, but need to be on the shelf if she receive a nice amount of damage.

Sixfortyfive

Chauncy Talon said:
Kurasa, that is my dog. I ask him who would he like to see in MvC3... Durunjo. That is all he want to see in this game. I don't want too. He destroyed me on MWC2010 stream with all those Rocks and Trees. I was eating cookies when he was doing combos on me.
I could go roughly even with Kurasa when he was using alts, but if he picked Doronjo the match was pretty much over from the start. Total humiliation and control of the screen.

SBR was the first and so far only tournament I've attended, and it was pretty awesome all around. The first thing I did when I got inside was find the TvC corner and the very first thing I saw when I got there was RyRy putting some sucker 60 feet under the Earth with combos I didn't know were possible. I had no idea who the guy was and thought, shit, if this is the caliber of player that populates these events I might as well walk back to the car and save myself the trouble lol. In tournament and casuals against him though, I could at least keep up and make a game out of it most of the time.

The whole weekend got me totally pumped to jump on MvC3 day 1 and make it out to more tournaments. Even if you're not the incredibly competitive type, these events are worth it just for casuals, spectating, and socialization. I'm just bummed that nobody in Columbus took me up on Saturn Bomberman money matches.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
MrMephistoX said:
Indeed. It looks like a "Wheel of Time" book cover.

51S3wDbT2KL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Y'know the writer's got a big-ass ego if the font of his name is larger than the font on the title of the book.

JeTmAn81

With the imminent release of MvC3, does it seem likely to make MvC2 obsolete? I know they're different games, but I've never really played MvC2 and lately I've been getting a hankering for a crazy team-based fighting game. I've been wanting to play MvC2 for a while, but I'm just wondering if it will quickly become moot once MvC3 is actually released.

Skilletor

HaRyu said:
Y'know the writer's got a big-ass ego if the font of his name is larger than the font on the title of the book.

The author is dead. Thanks for caring!

JeTmAn81 said:
With the imminent release of MvC3, does it seem likely to make MvC2 obsolete? I know they're different games, but I've never really played MvC2 and lately I've been getting a hankering for a crazy team-based fighting game. I've been wanting to play MvC2 for a while, but I'm just wondering if it will quickly become moot once MvC3 is actually released.

MvC2's popularity has been on the wane for awhile. Since they're so different, I'm sure people will continue to play MvC2 in the same way many continue to play ST.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Skilletor said:
The author is dead. Thanks for caring!

See? So big, it even extends beyond the grave. :D

And yes, I haven't read anything he wrote. I will admit I'm that ignorant.

Whats a good book to read from him anyway?

edited three times, because I don't want to sound like a complete ass, just having some fun

dralla

anyone know what the online is like? quarter matches/lobbies/replay mode ect? and which netcode is it using, hopefully not SSF4

Skilletor

HaRyu said:
See? So big, it even extends beyond the grave. :D

And yes, I haven't read anything he wrote. I will admit I'm that ignorant.

Whats a good book to read from him anyway?

edited three times, because I don't want to sound like a complete ass, just having some fun

I was just joking. :p

Which author are you talking about? Brandon Sanderson or Robert Jordan?

If Jordan, just read the Wheel of Time. Pick up book 1 and see if you like it.
If Sanderson, I've only read one book by him which wasn't him finishing the WoT and I hated it. It was The Way of Kings and it was pretty dreadful, imo.

/derail

Platy

JeTmAn81 said:
With the imminent release of MvC3, does it seem likely to make MvC2 obsolete?

People are still playing street 3 and even the alpha ones ....

It will take some time, but probably it will replace 2 in tournaments ... if that is your question.

Top Bottom