• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MvsC3: Mike Haggar & (Jean Grey) Phoenix confirmed.

MrMephistoX

The Frankman said:
Gonna grab this for PS3 as soon as I can buy a decent arcade fightstick.

... :(

Although I have a stick and can't go back the VS series has always been pretty decent on a pad since you don't have 6 levels of punches and kicks to deal with.

-Mikey-

Kimosabae said:
I just pray to God the PS3 version isn't noticeably slower this time. I've been playing SSF4 on PS3 the past few months solely because of the custom soundtrack. I started playing again on 360 and it damn near feels like a different game. Because of this, I have to shelve the PS3 version for good, and put up with that retarded training mode music.
Never had problems with the PS3 version of SF4 or Super. I remember that SF4 was suppose to be arcade perfect and 360 ran differently? Guessing that stayed the same with SSF4?

V_Arnold

-Mikey- said:
Never had problems with the PS3 version of SF4 or Super. I remember that SF4 was suppose to be arcade perfect and 360 ran differently? Guessing that stayed the same with SSF4?

360 SSFIV > PS3 SSFIV. (and 360 sfIv> ps3 sfIV also)
Not by a lot, but still. And damn, arcade perfect? Arcade perfect+ on 360 then ;)

ElyrionX

I hope PS3 version turns out fine because that's where my stick is. If not, I might consider picking up a new stick just to play this on 360.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Hex said:
The people in the comments talking about it being too violent to be one of Jill's moves if they took other stuff out that they would not do it have to remember that Jill is not in the retail release and downloadable content does not get rated with the release so it is possible.
(At least as far as I understand it)

That would still be a problem in any Super or Complete version. Also if they retool Jill's moveset, why couldnt they do the same for Frank?

Nemesis_

HK-47 said:
That would still be a problem in any Super or Complete version. Also if they retool Jill's moveset, why couldnt they do the same for Frank?

I came up with the idea that Frank's move set was too similar to Jills, hence why she got a redesign and redux. That being said, I've yet to see Frank anyway. =(

Zabka

-Mikey- said:
PS3 version of SSF4 has ~2 frames more input lag than 360 as seen here.

That's a different engine from MvC3 though.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Also does anyone pronounce Amaterasu's full name? It seems like everyone cuts it off weirdly, even though you can say Amaterasu pretty fast.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Nemesis556 said:
I came up with the idea that Frank's move set was too similar to Jills, hence why she got a redesign and redux. That being said, I've yet to see Frank anyway. =(

Frank isnt in the final version, due to the common nebulous reasoning of RAM issues.

"Also does anyone pronounce Amaterasu's full name? It seems like everyone cuts it off weirdly, even though you can say Amaterasu pretty fast."

IIRC, in Japanese "su" often gets pronounced like that.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
ElyrionX said:
I hope PS3 version turns out fine because that's where my stick is. If not, I might consider picking up a new stick just to play this on 360.

I've got a stick for the PS3, and all my buddies are getting the PS3 version, so that's where I'll be at.

BTW, every time Capcom showed off new playable builds, and every time they held the MvC3 competitions, what machines were they using anyway?

Dali

Zabka said:
PS3 version of SSF4 has ~2 frames more input lag than 360 as seen here.

That's a different engine from MvC3 though.
Is that why SSFIV is neigh unplayable to me? Is this the explanation for it always feeling sluggish and unresponsive compared to SF3?

HaRyu said:
I've got a stick for the PS3, and all my buddies are getting the PS3 version, so that's where I'll be at.

BTW, every time Capcom showed off new playable builds, and every time they held the MvC3 competitions, what machines were they using anyway?
PS3s according to lupinko

shaowebb

Oh God...that's right...NO MEGA CRASH.

That was the only way to shut Zero up in TVC half the time. Marn's current team is Zero and Dante which is pretty similar in combo sets. Combined with the right assist character for a third I see no end to the combo madness from him in tournies.

At least I have advance guards and I've heard something about air assists, too. Maybe I can hope for a good advance guard to separate me far enough to pop off an assist from Chun li and push Zero/Dante the hell off if
WHEN.
I run into this shit.

Man I'm sure going to miss that Mega Crash though every time I see Zero show up in a fight online...

Zabka

Dali said:
Is that why SSFIV is neigh unplayable to me? Is this the explanation for it always feeling sluggish and unresponsive compared to SF3?
Shouldn't be. The 360 and arcade versions are about as good as it gets when it comes to input lag, and the ps3 is only slightly behind. Unless you're talking about 1-frame links, then it should only be a problem if you're switching back and forth between 360 and ps3.

shaowebb said:
Oh God...that's right...NO MEGA CRASH.

That was the only way to shut Zero up in TVC half the time. Marn's current team is Zero and Dante which is pretty similar in combo sets. Combined with the right assist character for a third I see no end to the combo madness from him in tournies.

At least I have advance guards and I've heard something about air assists, too. Maybe I can hope for a good advance guard to separate me far enough to pop off an assist from Chun li and push Zero/Dante the hell off if
WHEN.
I run into this shit.

Man I'm sure going to miss that Mega Crash though every time I see Zero show up in a fight online...

Seems like everybody's got ToD's with the right setup and combo. Plus, Zero bleeds like a motherf*cker. Dante bleeds too.

I'm thinking it might be worth it to kill them with XFC's depending on the opponent, because they look like nightmares once they get going. Just hit that little bastard Zero first :D

I remember reading in the Capcom IRC Channel that Keits said Spider-Man was awesome in the game, so my hype levels are overloaded and probably will be right to release - not that it would've made a huge difference in any case. He said everybody's awesome...except Ryu :lol dealwithit.gif

This game STILL can't come out soon enough. The awesome character intros/victories just make the wait that much worse.

I remember reading or hearing that Doom tells X-23 that she'll wish she fought Magneto. Aw snap. Saturday morning cartoon fights FTMFW.

And one more thing - I know it's what the trailers are supposed to do, but those actual gameplay vids of Haggar made him look super fun. The shine in his eye gets me everytime :lol must be remembering him piledriving sharks.

Bleepey

Killa Sasa said:
Seems like everybody's got ToD's with the right setup and combo. Plus, Zero bleeds like a motherf*cker. Dante bleeds too.

I'm thinking it might be worth it to kill them with XFC's depending on the opponent, because they look like nightmares once they get going. Just hit that little bastard Zero first :D

I remember reading in the Capcom IRC Channel that Keits said Spider-Man was awesome in the game, so my hype levels are overloaded and probably will be right to release - not that it would've made a huge difference in any case. He said everybody's awesome...except Ryu :lol dealwithit.gif

This game STILL can't come out soon enough. The awesome character intros/victories just make the wait that much worse.

I remember reading or hearing that Doom tells X-23 that she'll wish she fought Magneto. Aw snap. Saturday morning cartoon fights FTMFW.

And one more thing - I know it's what the trailers are supposed to do, but those actual gameplay vids of Haggar made him look super fun. The shine in his eye gets me everytime :lol must be remembering him piledriving sharks.

Explain the Doom, x23 reference.

Bleepey said:

I think it's a pre-fight intro iirc.

X-23 has a adamantium skeleton like Wolvie, Magneto would rip it out or something to that effect pretty easily like he does to Wolverine, since Magneto is super effective against metal and all.

Doom sez he's gonna beat her so bad she'll wish she fought Magneto instead. Just a quick quip.

Hex

Banned
Bleepey said:

Probably an off reference to when Mags ripped Wolverine's adamantium off of his skeleton.

Edit: Missed it by that *insert gesture* much!

Kronotech

Any new videos that come out never have Felicia or Morrigan. They don't seem to be played much and I didn't see any being played at the Vegas show. Are they horrible in the current build or just not popular? All I see is Storm, Magneto, Deadpool, Zero, Modok, and more Storm.

Bob White

Kronotech said:
Any new videos that come out never have Felicia or Morrigan. They don't seem to be played much and I didn't see any being played at the Vegas show. Are they horrible in the current build or just not popular? All I see is Storm, Magneto, Deadpool, Zero, Modok, and more Storm.
Seth on Felicia

Just Seth saying she's gonna be pretty strong. Also, I'm going to use her the first time I boot the game up in my Viper/She-Hulk team. Team fucked up hair colors

Kuugrr

Kronotech said:

TrophyClub used Morrigan with Modok and Amaterasu at the Vegas event. Keits has video of his matches with Marn and Floe on Youtube.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Bob White said:
Just Seth saying she's gonna be pretty strong.
Seth talks up everything, though. That's his job. (Cue Makoto command grab image+quote.)

MvC3 Morrigan is basically TvC Morrigan with more tools, so I think I'm good to go there.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
:lol

I love how people spread the rumors around. According to mvc3 gossip vines, that n3ss name got thrown around.

Basically they said that n3ss "disagreed" with Lupinko's character list (on disc which is 36.) which is true that he stated that in other thread that he heard otherwise about lupinko's list.

BUt get this,

people are saying that n3ss giving a hint toward to Elektra and Frank West being in. (Which I have not heard of)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kadey said:
I'll run a PS3 tournament when the game hits.
Immediately everyone who said 360 decided PS3 instead.

:(

IntelliHeath said:

I love how people spread the rumors around. According to mvc3 gossip vines, that n3ss name got thrown around.

Basically they said that n3ss "disagreed" with Lupinko's character list (on disc which is 36.) which is true that he stated that in other thread that he heard otherwise about lupinko's list.

BUt get this,

people are saying that n3ss giving a hint toward to Elektra and Frank West being in. (Which I have not heard of)
Are you reading GameFAQs? I hear n3ss is like, based god over there.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
enzo_gt said:
Immediately everyone who said 360 decided PS3 instead.

:(

Are you reading GameFAQs? I hear n3ss is like, based god over there.

My friend send me the link to GameFaqs thread, so I guess so.

Lupinko vs n3ss 3: Fate of two Insiders. :lol

Sixfortyfive

If I had a PS3 I'd definitely get that version of the game. Better controller/converter compatibility and most tournaments will be using that one. Online play is irrelevant for me.

Pretty much all of my friends and I are 360/Wii only though.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
IntelliHeath said:

BUt get this,

Woah, I just read the thread over there... I never hinted at any specific characters being in the game, most of my info I get is by accident (honestly, I'd rather be surprised by announcements!).

Anyways, I forget Lupinko's original character list, but all I was told that it wasn't 100% accurate, which I think later was the DLC that got announced...?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
n3ss said:
Woah, I just read the thread over there... I never hinted at any specific characters being in the game, most of my info I get is by accident (honestly, I'd rather be surprised by announcements!).

Anyways, I forget Lupinko's original character list, but all I was told that it wasn't 100% accurate, which I think later was the DLC that got announced...?

The first hint that his list was legit was the fact that it had Jill and Shuma and even pointed them out as DLC.

Sixfortyfive

n3ss said:
His first list was missing Thor, though he also said he knew he forgot a Marvel character.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
n3ss said:

interesting story. I bet it was not 100% accurate because of Thor not being on list. :lol

right, n3ss?

Top Bottom