• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MvsC3: Mike Haggar & (Jean Grey) Phoenix confirmed.

GatorBait

JeTmAn81 said:
With the imminent release of MvC3, does it seem likely to make MvC2 obsolete? I know they're different games, but I've never really played MvC2 and lately I've been getting a hankering for a crazy team-based fighting game. I've been wanting to play MvC2 for a while, but I'm just wondering if it will quickly become moot once MvC3 is actually released.
It's basically obsolete to me. The day I buy MvC3, I will probably delete MvC2 off my PS3's hard drive since I don't believe I will ever go back to it. I think the depth and breadth of the characters in MvC3 is leaps and bounds better than MvC2, and the combat mechanics seem to follow a unified system instead of being a patchwork system where mastering the "broken" mechanics is virtually required to win games against those still playing it online.

MvC2 gave me a ton of enjoyment when I was playing it regularly, but as an average competitor, I currently see no reason that I'd want to boot up MvC2 over MvC3.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GatorBait said:
It's basically obsolete to me. The day I buy MvC3, I will probably delete MvC2 off my PS3's hard drive since I don't believe I will ever go back to it. I think the depth and breadth of the characters in MvC3 is leaps and bounds better than MvC2, and the combat mechanics seem to follow a unified system instead of being a patchwork system where mastering the "broken" mechanics is virtually required to win games against those still playing it online.

MvC2 gave me a ton of enjoyment when I was playing it regularly, but as an average competitor, I currently see no reason that I'd want to boot up MvC2 over MvC3.
I completely agree, but I won't delete MvC2. Even though tons of my favourite Marvel characters (and I got into MvC2 because of the fuck awesome amount of awesome Marvel characters it had in it) are gone, MvC3 has me somehow excited for the Capcom side even more. The cast is just so freaking well rounded and refined this time, I almost feel dirty for saying it already looks better than the holy grail, MvC2.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Seth Killian - "Marvel vs Capcom 3 is the Most Incredible Sandbox Ever Created for Fighting."

"I’m still in the lab with Marvel Vs Capcom 3–nothing can keep me away from this game for very long. MVC3 is probably the most incredible sandbox ever created for fighting–there are so many ridiculous possibilities that I literally sit down intending to test one small thing and before I know it I’ve lost an hour trying out different things that just occurred to me. I have more fun just messing around in training mode than I have ever had with a game in my life, and that’s not even counting the fun of actually playing other people. It’s so rich with possibilities that I literally have dreams about MVC3 almost every night. Maybe that’s a little bit sad, but also a little bit awesome."

V_Arnold

HaRyu said:
See? So big, it even extends beyond the grave. :D

And yes, I haven't read anything he wrote. I will admit I'm that ignorant.

Whats a good book to read from him anyway?

edited three times, because I don't want to sound like a complete ass, just having some fun

Seriously? Just having fun? Shut your mouth now, really.
Read the whole Wheel of Time, and then you will apologize automatically. You will see why.

Sn4ke_911

Green Scar said:
Fix'd

ok but seriously i can see where he's coming from. I'm pretty hyped for this again now it's so close.

I remember a G4 interview with Killian talking about MvC3. He said balancing the game takes over 50% of development time.

Sn4ke_911 said:
I remember a G4 interview with Killian talking about MvC3. He said balancing the game takes over 50% of development time.

Nice to see they've got their priorities right. (If that comes off as sarcastic, well, it shouldn't :p )

bobbyflay

Neo Member
webrunner said:
Wow, I didn't know Tron was in Mega Man 1.

1RDVn.jpg

Ashkeloth

I think the problem with that image is that Japanese character design just does not translate over to the western art style without looking hideous/creepy.

Same for west to japan, though.

Here; have an anime wolverine:

wolverine.jpg

Kimosabae

Banned
Kurtofan said:
You're not going to tell me this atrocity is good art?
Just look ar Amaterasu or Tron Bonne.

Doesn't fit my personal tastes, but I can appreciate unique takes on time-honored characters. For some reason, only when anime characters are depicted outside that box does there seem to be an uproar.

The artist's goal clearly was not to accurately depict the source material, here. Likening it to the Mega Man boxart, with it's whack proportions is outrageous. The art is okay for what it is. Not every artist's style will dovetail with its inspiration - and that's often kinda the point.

Kurtofan

Kimosabae said:
Doesn't fit my personal tastes, but I can appreciate unique takes on time-honored characters. For some reason, only when anime characters are depicted outside that box does there seem to be an uproar.

The artist's goal clearly was not to accurately depict the source material, here. Likening it to the Mega Man boxart, with it's whack proportions is outrageous. The art is okay for what it is.
I'm all for different takes on whatever character, but she looks like a middle aged woman cosplaying Tron Bonne.
And Amaterasu looks like she has rabies.

Kimosabae

Banned
Kurtofan said:
I'm all for different takes on whatever character, but she looks like a middle aged woman cosplaying Tron Bonne.
And Amaterasu looks like she has rabies.

I'll admit I don't like Tron Bonne, but Ammy looks fine to me - just looking more fierce than usual. I think Thor looks quite cool and is more in-line with his Norse roots there, than the Marvel Thor.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Aside from the curious design choices, the art is flat and bland, and nowhere up to the caliber of what promo art for this game could/should be.

It looks like some DeviantArt newbies' fanart.

Sn4ke_911

bobbyflay said:

Perfect :lol

Anyways, a new Shinkiro art has popped up. nd wth it comes another WTF Capcom in regards to Cover art

j3fXx.jpg

Also, Akuma really confirmed now
J73NC.jpg

EDIT Domain is banned? Didn't know. Give me a sec to mirror the images

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Choppasmith said:

Anyways, a new Shinkiro art has popped up. nd wth it comes another WTF Capcom in regards to Cover art

G.jpg

Also, Akuma really confirmed now
http://media1.***********/pictures/XB2MA22/E.jpg

EDIT Domain is banned? Didn't know. Give me a sec to mirror the images

oh my lawd fix links, interested! thx!

Shinkiro has now given us like 3 usable, amazing looking coverarts. And Akuma art's looking legit.

Sn4ke_911

Choppasmith said:

j3fXx.jpg
Shinkiro is the best. So fucking awesome.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
j3fXx.jpg

Has any high res version of this piece shown up yet? I'd love to turn this into iPhone 4 wallpaper.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Jeff Stephen said:
Capcom hasn't announced the official box art yet right?

That was announced a while ago.

Zabka

Chris might look a little weird in that latest release, but he still looks better than the current design actually used in games. He looks like he was turning into man-bat but stopped halfway.

thetrin

Jeff Stephen said:
Just checked Amazon and I sure do hope the SE uses Shinkiro's artwork.

It's not Shinkiro on the cover, but the cover is still pretty good.

Top Bottom