• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2013 Edition

smuf

Why not keep everything connected to one TV? Also, do I see Extra Bass headphones in the third pic? I have the XB500's and love them!

Everything's connected to the 50" Plasma, there's a bunch of 5 meter HDMI cables running between the two cabinets.
My girlfriend watches tv on the wallmounted screen.
The headphones are AKG k550 :)

I love looking through this thread. Tons of great setups to pull inspiration from. I have a room I could repurpose into gaming room with a projector, but the money for that went into an unexpected purchase of a car. Ah well. I have a sort of decent setup now, but I'm kinda waiting on some new furniture to show up before I attempt to show it off :p

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Really nice. Gotta love the Eames lounge.

Speaking of Eames, this is sort of a tangent, but I'm not sure where else to ask this, and I've seen several Eames chairs in these setup threads over the years.

I recently acquired 3 Eames chairs that look a lot like his shell chairs with some slight differences. I haven't been able to identify the exact models. I do know that they're authentic, though.

1. What's the best way for me to figure out exactly what they are?
2. Any advice on restoring them? The legs could use a lot of polish, the leather is worn by the sun and use, some of the coasters/feet on the legs are missing, etc. I don't want to damage them accidentally by trying to do too much myself, though, without knowing the best way to care for them.

Speaking of Eames, this is sort of a tangent, but I'm not sure where else to ask this, and I've seen several Eames chairs in these setup threads over the years.

I recently acquired 3 Eames chairs that look a lot like his shell chairs with some slight differences. I haven't been able to identify the exact models. I do know that they're authentic, though.

2. Any advice on restoring them? The legs could use a lot of polish, the leather is worn by the sun and use, some of the coasters/feet on the legs are missing, etc. I don't want to damage them accidentally by trying to do too much myself, though, without knowing the best way to care for them.

Post me a pic and ill tell you.

BTW - if the leather is bad you can take it to an upholsterer but you will then always know its not "authentic" - but who cares. In general Eames chairs can look very different depending on the leather/colour on the backs as well. Mine looks slightly different to the one posted above due to the wood grain patterns on the back. Still, best chair ive ever owned.

The guy's above looks like this:

Eames-Lounge-Chair-and-Ottoman.jpeg

Mine looks more like this:

hero_eames_lounge_4.jpg

The backs look very different.

Heres mine for comparison

541047_10151330710464512_533999939_n.jpg

If you take some pics ill try my best to help you out.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Post me a pic and ill tell you.

BTW - if the leather is bad you can take it to an upholsterer but you will then always know its not "authentic" - but who cares. In general Eames chairs can look very different depending on the leather/colour on the backs as well. Mine looks slightly different to the one posted above due to the wood grain patterns on the back. Still, best chair ive ever owned.

PM'd.

Oh and mine aren't the lounge chair model (as you'll see in the PM). I do want one of those though : )

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Pretty sure I'm gonna get an Eames lounge chair when I graduate, to use for my old-school setup. Mad jealous of you guys.

Yes Boss!

Pretty sure I'm gonna get an Eames lounge chair when I graduate, to use for my old-school setup. Mad jealous of you guys.

Would that actually be good for a gaming setup...I mean, with those arms and the way it is reclined and all? Just curious, looks good for movies and reading but not so much, gaming...I could not even fit one in my game room anyways, lol. They are very classy.

oh didn't know there was a documentary - sure will do thx man :)

Might as well also watch the quickie, Powers of Ten. That shit was mind-expanding to my little mind in the seventies.

http://www.powersof10.com/film

Would that actually be good for a gaming setup...I mean, with those arms and the way it is reclined and all? Just curious, looks good for movies and reading but not so much, gaming...I could not even fit one in my game room anyways, lol. They are very classy.

Great for reading, Great for Vita and handhelds, i dont use it for my xbox/ps3/pc as it is more of a "relaxed" seat as opposed to a "sit at attention and concentrate" position.

eXistor

Hi all, new member here. Here are some pictures of my setup. Got the whole house to myself since my wife and kids are back in asia for chinese new years. It's nothing fancy, hope you guys enjoy it.
I like how you say this like you only a few trinkets here and there :) Cool shit bro.

Yes Boss!

Great for reading, Great for Vita and handhelds, i dont use it for my xbox/ps3/pc as it is more of a "relaxed" seat as opposed to a "sit at attention and concentrate" position.

That is what I was thinking based on my use of the cheapy Ikea recliner with a similar shape...very awkward for gameplay.

This is my dream chair for playing arcade games (at a cabinet or with stick on lap). Pretty reasonably priced...probably going to finally get one this year:

http://www.allmodern.com/Vitra-.03-Stacking-Chair-by-Maarten-Van-Severen-440-142-00-VTA1178.html

That is what I was thinking based on my use of the cheapy Ikea recliner with a similar shape...very awkward for gameplay.

This is my dream chair for playing arcade games (at a cabinet or with stick on lap). Pretty reasonably priced...probably going to finally get one this year:

http://www.allmodern.com/Vitra-.03-Stacking-Chair-by-Maarten-Van-Severen-440-142-00-VTA1178.html

For arcades? id go with a classic Phillipe Starck Ghost chair.

Louis_Ghost_Philippe_Starck_30k.jpg

But TBH - arcades are prolly more of a nice stool setup which doesnt have to be anything fancy.

For my supergun setup, i just use a big fatboy beanbag and rest the happ sticks on my lap.

Tabris

Unless your Eames chair costs $5k+, it's not real. I guarantee 90% of people with Eames chairs have a $500 knockoff.

Yes Boss!

For arcades? id go with a classic Phillipe Starck Ghost chair.

Louis_Ghost_Philippe_Starck_30k.jpg

But TBH - arcades are prolly more of a nice stool setup which doesnt have to be anything fancy.

For my supergun setup, i just use a big fatboy beanbag and rest the happ sticks on my lap.

Nah, that looks terrible, and would be DREADFUL!

I've always liked the little Vitra job...nice mechanism in the back that stretches a bit...nice and plain and classy too...space for arms to flay out if holding an arcade stick. I see them all around the world...last place was in the restaurant in the Tintin museum in belgium. Gonna get one, for sure, but I've gotta get a robot-coupe blixer first...cooking more important than gaming!

rinse82

Crappy iPhone panoramic view attempt:

rXS8CGZl.jpg

55" Sony EX500 LCD
Onkyo RC-180 7.1 THX Receiver
7.1 Speaker setup (Polk PSW505 Subwoofer, Polk Monitor 60 Fronts, SVS Center, PSB and SVS Surrounds)

And my office setup with backup 360, Dell 2412M, 2012 Macbook Pro

eG797FPl.jpg

Nah, that looks terrible, and would be DREADFUL!

I've always liked the little Vitra job...nice mechanism in the back that stretches a bit...nice and plain and classy too...space for arms to flay out if holding an arcade stick. I see them all around the world...last place was in the restaurant in the Tintin museum in belgium. Gonna get one, for sure, but I've gotta get a robot-coupe blixer first...cooking more important than gaming!

I love the Ghost! possibly more for a dining chair. The best seats ive seen for candy cabs are the ones in the singapore arcades. They look nice, are comfortable and its the soft ones, not the hard plastic stools.

smuf

It's very comfortable for gaming. I have to move the ottoman out of the way when playing Wii stuff though since it blocks the sensor bar, might have to figure out a way to mount it a bit higher.

Unless your Eames chair costs $5k+, it's not real. I guarantee 90% of people with Eames chairs have a $500 knockoff.

I have to admit, my lounge chair is a knockoff but the quality's nice and it's very comfortable. Not to mention it's a lot cheaper. Once my budget allows it I plan on replacing it with an original, it'll probably be a while before that happens though.

Flek

Banned
It's very comfortable for gaming. I have to move the ottoman out of the way when playing Wii stuff though since it blocks the sensor bar, might have to figure out a way to mount it a bit higher.

I have to admit, my lounge chair is a knockoff but the quality's nice and it's very comfortable. Not to mention it's a lot cheaper. Once my budget allows it I plan on replacing it with an original, it'll probably be a while before that happens though.

haha and how mouch whas it? I thought about buying 4 wired replicas for the dining table for 400 instead of one original for 400 alone but then again iam not to sure about the quality

smuf

haha and how mouch whas it? I thought about buying 4 wired replicas for the dining table for 400 instead of one original for 400 alone but then again iam not to sure about the quality

The lounge chair was €800 if I recall correctly. The wirechairs are genuine and were about €250 each.

NeoAthanasius

Neo Member
I like some of these setups. You guys look like you have nice houses.

"Here is mine. Converted attic into a man cave."

I love the attic space! I used to live in a converted attic back when I lived in Maine. Now that I live in Oregon, I really miss the character of old New England houses. Also props on the swank Patriots lamp. :)

Damn man i would never have known! it looks totally legit! ive never even seen a fake one in the flesh unless you see the ones people are selling for like...$200 lol. The standard going rate for a real is $5K usd though i saw them in MOMA in NY for about $4500.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member

There are plenty of real Eames chairs in the sub-$1000 range. They made a variety of styles, not just the expensive lounge chair.

MajorGravy

Neo Member
Tabris and Chittagong you guys have amazing living spaces. As a poor college student I aspire to have a home like either of you some day. :)

I love how most of the rooms posted have nice lighting and plants. I need to clean up my gaming/bed room and add some plants but I will eventually contribute to this thread. :)

Yes Boss!

Spent the last few hours getting another cab wired and ready to play. Got the New Astro up and running with a Neo Geo MVS in it. Now just gotta get the Egret 3 running but I'll do that next month:

79658031-809E-44D4-853B-DE29930A13C0-7112-00000843D1EEF52D.jpg

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

Yeah, that's true, actually. I mean, I know I'm gonna get one... I just dunno where I'd end up putting it. But I do need some sort of chair that's somewhere between a lounge chair like that and a computer chair.... y'know, so I can be relaxed, but still at attention. Ideally something where I can put my feet up, like a G. Guess I should go find that DWR catalog.

Chamai

Banned
I like how you say this like you only a few trinkets here and there :) Cool shit bro.

haha thanks. what i meant was i don't own any fancy furniture nor does my house have any style. i don't have any expensive furniture. everything minus the couch and coffee table is from ikea.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
So I updated my set-up a couple of weeks ago. I'm not a good photographer so I beg your pardon for the bad quality.

Living room :

9.2 Sony HD Speakers
Sony ES Receiver
Sony ES Blu-ray player
Sony NX800 3DTV
Sony original 60GB PS3
Apple TV

FpWr2rWl.jpg

1xm6fb2l.jpg

df0nFYMl.jpg

Bedroom :
Sony PS 3DTV
Sony Superslim PS3
Sony PSVita
Apple iPad
Stanton DJ Gear

kcVcS2al.jpg

CWnq0xLl.jpg

Den :
Apple Thunderbolt Display
Apple Mac Mini Server 2011

64oQrMxl.jpg

Other indoor pics :

0G9HW1nl.jpg

nWjTaDDl.jpg

IDNVIVzl.jpg

WQGDUM1l.jpg

(my glass closet + bedroom glass wall, I'm proud of the result, finished it last weekend)
JXnEcixl.jpg

Immediate outdoor pics (last summer):
XagprPil.jpg

7dzzIknl.jpg

Top Bottom