• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2013 Edition

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Love the vibe/atmosphere Montreal gives just from those two outside shots. I like the apartment too but I've been pretty much in a house environment and always cautious on the apartment style complex that there's a big chance of the walls being crap and that you could hear the neibours or something :lol: I'm looking forward to fast forwarding a few years so I can get my own place after the next jump in my career and really have a nice pad of my own.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Love the vibe/atmosphere Montreal gives just from those two outside shots. I like the apartment too but I've been pretty much in a house environment and always cautious on the apartment style complex that there's a big chance of the walls being crap and that you could hear the neibours or something :lol: I'm looking forward to fast forwarding a few years so I can get my own place after the next jump in my career and really have a nice pad of my own.

Well it's an historical building, so it's made tough. I'm actually building a summer house next Fall. So at least when I'm tired of my neighbours, I'll be able to have some quiet time. But still, the building code has some tough rules for sound propagation. I never heard my neighbours in over a year I've been here.

So I updated my set-up a couple of weeks ago. I'm not a good photographer so I beg your pardon for the bad quality.

Living room :

9.2 Sony HD Speakers
Sony ES Receiver
Sony ES Blu-ray player
Sony NX800 3DTV
Sony original 60GB PS3
Apple TV

FpWr2rWl.jpg

1xm6fb2l.jpg

df0nFYMl.jpg

Bedroom :
Sony PS 3DTV
Sony Superslim PS3
Sony PSVita
Apple iPad
Stanton DJ Gear

kcVcS2al.jpg

CWnq0xLl.jpg

Den :
Apple Thunderbolt Display
Apple Mac Mini Server 2011

64oQrMxl.jpg

Other indoor pics :

0G9HW1nl.jpg

nWjTaDDl.jpg

IDNVIVzl.jpg

WQGDUM1l.jpg

(my glass closet + bedroom glass wall, I'm proud of the result, finished it last weekend)
JXnEcixl.jpg

Immediate outdoor pics (last summer):
XagprPil.jpg

7dzzIknl.jpg
Great taste in interior design.

Chamai

Banned
So I updated my set-up a couple of weeks ago. I'm not a good photographer so I beg your pardon for the bad quality.

Living room :

9.2 Sony HD Speakers
Sony ES Receiver
Sony ES Blu-ray player
Sony NX800 3DTV
Sony original 60GB PS3
Apple TV

FpWr2rWl.jpg

1xm6fb2l.jpg

df0nFYMl.jpg

Bedroom :
Sony PS 3DTV
Sony Superslim PS3
Sony PSVita
Apple iPad
Stanton DJ Gear

kcVcS2al.jpg

CWnq0xLl.jpg

Den :
Apple Thunderbolt Display
Apple Mac Mini Server 2011

64oQrMxl.jpg

Other indoor pics :

0G9HW1nl.jpg

nWjTaDDl.jpg

IDNVIVzl.jpg

WQGDUM1l.jpg

(my glass closet + bedroom glass wall, I'm proud of the result, finished it last weekend)
JXnEcixl.jpg

Immediate outdoor pics (last summer):
XagprPil.jpg

7dzzIknl.jpg

very very nice place.

Enron

Banned
Unless your Eames chair costs $5k+, it's not real. I guarantee 90% of people with Eames chairs have a $500 knockoff.

That eames molded wire chair posted and asked about above is $350 at full retail, less during one of Herman Miller's manufacturers' sales.

Probably. I'm a fucked up guy mentally that is trying to get his life back together, but I'm sure that doesn't show up in pictures. :0)

With a place like that you can be as unstable as you like. I've always wanted an inner city apartment/loft like yours, out of curiosity is it expensive, as I know in aus that would cost a small
large
fortune.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
With a place like that you can be as unstable as you like. I've always wanted an inner city apartment/loft like yours, out of curiosity is it expensive, as I know in aus that would cost a small
large
fortune.

About $600 per sf in this neighbourhood.

PG2G

In the process of buying my own place for the first time, love a lot of the setups I see here. Are there any blogs that you guys find useful when it comes to interior design?

Chittagong

Gold Member
Amazing place JeFfRey, what I would give for a bit of exposed brick wall, had it in a loft a few flats ago and loved it.

In the process of buying my own place for the first time, love a lot of the setups I see here. Are there any blogs that you guys find useful when it comes to interior design?

Do what looks nice and what makes you happy man. There are no rules. For example, my house has lilac walls and dark purple ceilings in the living room then dark purple walls and lilac ceilings in the bedroom - the curtains match the ceiling.

Most people would hate it because its not a "bright" colour. But most people have white walls. I did that and parquet floors and i love it. Id love a "minimalist" look but i own too many things with too little space so my place ends up looking like a comic book shop ;)

otakuderek

Here is my poverty setup and crappy phone pics. I just moved in and finally got a good job. Using this thread for help designing a new home.

n3LYxur.jpg

My TV. LG 42 inch. Does the job. The wife wants a bigger one though.

k3v7dOC.jpg

360 and PS3. Red Wii hiding behind the TV.

IAcCGPV.jpg

Games, Blu-rays, DVDs, etc.

Any feedback is welcome!

PG2G

Do what looks nice and what makes you happy man. There are no rules. For example, my house has lilac walls and dark purple ceilings in the living room then dark purple walls and lilac ceilings in the bedroom - the curtains match the ceiling.

Most people would hate it because its not a "bright" colour. But most people have white walls. I did that and parquet floors and i love it. Id love a "minimalist" look but i own too many things with too little space so my place ends up looking like a comic book shop ;)

Yeah, I understand what you mean. It does have to feel like home after all :p Just trying to get a better idea of what is out there though. Maybe I just need to go to a couple furniture stores and see what calls out to me

I call this your average young adult's gaming setup. I don't have my own house or anything so it's not anything special, it's just my bedroom with an average looking setup.

Had to take these pictures with my PS Vita so I'm sorry about the definition.
807e55ace20089f7e2e380a23841fbab1358708266_full.jpg

Another view
6477fe889a0b92e24532cf3f9db8048b1358708267_full.jpg

Even though this has nothing to do with a gaming setup, I thought I'd show off my brother's DBZ wall painting he did for me long ago. Sorry about the crap on my bunk bed blocking some of it out.
388095_479420578736229_1741204012_n.jpg

Also if anyone's interested I did a video about my game collection long ago using the Vita cam also. My room has changed drastically since then, but it shows my collection at least.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVamDYZJrdU

RayStorm

I did that and parquet floors and i love it. Id love a "minimalist" look but i own too many things with too little space so my place ends up looking like a comic book shop ;)

Have you already posted pictures of your living space?

Poker360

LG 47"LH90 series
Denon 1713 receiver
2x B&W 685 bookshelf speakers (I now have the center channel and 686 rears)
Klipsch sub (temporary)
Bioshock Infinite autographed poster (signed by ken levine and voice actors)
UK trash can

RGjSYnZ.jpg

sangreal

I think I posted this last year, but I used to work right across from that place in Montreal (palais des congres). Nice area, would love to live there

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Amazing place JeFfRey, what I would give for a bit of exposed brick wall, had it in a loft a few flats ago and loved it.

Coming from you it's quite a compliment!

As requested by Tabris :
5vl1wdJl.jpg

g1GI71pl.jpg

For those who PM'd me about the furniture :

- The sofa and armchairs are Cassina's LC2 in original black.
- The speaker stands are from Custom Design UK
- The tv bench/table are from Malta
- The bowls are from Karim Rashid's Hellraiser collection
- The two floor lamps are from Pablo's Cortina collection
- The fireplace is my design

Pagusas

Elden Member
Coming from you it's quite a compliment!

As requested by Tabris :
5vl1wdJl.jpg

g1GI71pl.jpg

For those who PM'd me about the furniture :

- The sofa and armchairs are Cassina's LC2 in original black.
- The speaker stands are from Custom Design UK
- The tv bench/table are from Malta
- The bowls are from Karim Rashid's Hellraiser collection
- The two floor lamps are from Pablo's Cortina collection
- The fireplace is my design

Why do you have 2 center speakers?

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Say JeF, if you don't mind me asking, but how much did all that set you up back on all the set-up you have? Your design is something similar to what I would like to do when I get my own place in not too distant future so it would be kind of neat to get a fair idea on what to do (I will be on 30k at the end of the year in the UK so I'll be saving a nice deposit for a good house for later :))

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Say JeF, if you don't mind me asking, but how much did all that set you up back on all the set-up you have? Your design is something similar to what I would like to do when I get my own place in not too distant future so it would be kind of neat to get a fair idea on what to do (I will be on 30k at the end of the year in the UK so I'll be saving a nice deposit for a good house for later :))

For the living room, about 25k$ total; including all furniture and electronics. Of course, electronics' prices go down fast so you might have a cheaper set-up. Just the receiver was 2k.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
For the living room, about 25k$ total; including all furniture and electronics. Of course, electronics' prices go down fast so you might have a cheaper set-up. Just the receiver was 2k.

Awesome, thanks guy, that's pretty damn good with the pricing there. Thanks for the info, your design/set-up has definitely aspired me a lot with my own ideas :)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Start with ApartmentTherapy and TheCoolHunter -- the latter is more a highlight of some of the most insane design around the world, while the former is a little bit more grounded. You might even want to start by just looking at IKEA Catalogues and asking yourself "What works about this? What doesn't? How do the things they chose for this space match the space itself? Which colours go well together? How does this combine visual appeal with practical usability?"

Minus_Me

Hey JeFfRey, believe it or not we live pretty close to each other. I'm going to be moving to the Plateau soon though. You have a gorgeous home, congratulation.

Kainazzo

I'm trying to find a new place and have most of my stuff packed already, so apologies for the clutter. It's not until you actually have to take photos for a hobby forum that you realize how crappy your camera is! Hopefully next year I'll have some nice comparisons.

The 'retro' corner. Aside from the PS3 though, I have all of my consoles connected here. The 360's hooked up because I mostly use it for Cave shooters and other 2d games.

-Some Sony stereo amplifier with satisfactory speakers
-SNES, CDX, N64, MVS, PS1, Saturn, and 360 all hooked up via RGB SCART. The Wii uses the component input.
-Sony PVM-20M2MDU

Neo Geo MVS games.

GBC games, Nintendo Power, and some blank VHS tapes, juuuuuuust in case.

Old PC games, art books, and other nicknacks. There's a bed in way so I can't get a better angle, but eventually I'll have a better display for them.

PS3 and ~2006 Mac Mini hooked up to a 2007 TV. I hardly ever put down the front guard, so my cat immediately jumped in to investigate.

Rest of the games, as well as a Gamecube and Dreamcast that are not currently hooked up.

PC setup. Lordy that's grainy!

PG2G

Thanks for the links. Have been looking at a lot of stuff today, makes me feel like step #1 is going to have to be replacing the carpet with hardwood, lol. I prefer a bit more of a modern style and it just doesn't seem like it'd work

Top Bottom