• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

Told a guy on reddit with white zombas and painted endo to try out what I want to do with it and....
t4pJnYg.jpg

QlcOtsx.jpg
DAMN that looks good.

Sephzilla

*Reads update notes*

"Neo Tokyo has been removed from Casual and Competitive playlists"

This is the real best part of the update, folks.

Dear Rocket League community, I hope you all hate the Kalos as much as me, worse than any other wheel!
So I can buy he white ones cheap.

*Reads update notes*

"Neo Tokyo has been removed from Casual and Competitive playlists"

This is the real best part of the update, folks.

I hate that map for sure, but selecting the arena you want for training and being able to go straight to it from a match is the best part for me. QOL improvement plus removing a step. Love it. If it was Wasteland removed however...

Grinchy

Banned
I think I like the blue wheels better than the purple. They go so well with the primaries.

Wow, I didn't realize that my video settings were turned down until I took that shot. No wonder my framerate was so high

maybe i'm just wrong, but whenever someone has a super offensive name on my team i just sit there and give us the loss. i just can't stand that shit.

on the flipside, people will just trash talk to no end and then it gets under my skin when i'm having a shitting streak of games and i say hateful shit just to try to get back at them, so i s'pose i'm not even any better than the people with the names. this game man

had an idea while playing 1v1's. A team duel mode. Similar to King Of Fighters teams of 3 or 4 take turns playing and spectating one v one matches. First goal wins the set and eliminates the loser. Winner stays on till he is eliminated and the loser joins the spectators. The match ends when one side's players are all eliminated. Thoughts?

TheKeyPit

Banned
Well, looks like I can make posts now. My favorite Dropshot so far: https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/comments/617r25/droppush/

had an idea while playing 1v1's. A team duel mode. Similar to King Of Fighters teams of 3 or 4 take turns playing and spectating one v one matches. First goal wins the set and eliminates the loser. Winner stays on till he is eliminated and the loser joins the spectators. The match ends when one side's players are all eliminated. Thoughts?
I'll never play it with randoms.

The market on this game is so ridiculous lol. People paying over 100 keys for 20xx which will become common within a week or two. Gotta say I'm surprised since its honestly the ugliest decal I've ever seen. I'll be surprised if it actually ends up popular after the craze dies.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
I got into some games over the last couple nights after almost a year away and every time I was getting lag and the bad connection icon. I'm playing only servers on my coast. Did something change? It used to be flawless, not sure what happened. Is there some trick you guys know about that I'm missing?

I have a kid now and this would be perfect for the little time I have, would love to play again.

Won all but one of my placements, get put in Silver...

...And teamed with straight up garbage every match since so now all the way down to Bronze. I cannot carry when it basically 3v1 with how my TM's constantly try and steal and stuff my plays, or at best they just drive up my ass because they too slow to steal, but that effectively makes it 2v1 as my TM just a waste being there.

Oh fuck me. Finally get ranked and it's Gold Division 1. That's like being given Challenger 1 all over again! Doesn't help the game is crashing and hard locking when starting ranked matches sometimes either.

88random

...And teamed with straight up garbage every match since so now all the way down to Bronze. I cannot carry when it basically 3v1 with how my TM's constantly try and steal and stuff my plays, or at best they just drive up my ass because they too slow to steal, but that effectively makes it 2v1 as my TM just a waste being there.

Placement matches were so rough for me, I constantly got paired with semi-pro and pro players against team of three rocketeers. They couldn't even properly touch the ball. But I still somehow got placed in silver.
I hope I'll at least get to high platinum this season, maybe even diamond.

TheKeyPit

Banned

You sure it's not your fault?

I am so bad at 1v1. It's clear mechanically I am better than the people I end up playing against because if I don't blow a lead 3 goal in the last 30 seconds I end up winning by 7. It's highlights all my flaws that hold me back. Shit at kick offs, terrible boost management,, indecisive, lack of confidence, bad awareness and placement. I have 1400 hours in this game and I'm still so bad but I love it playing it. I need to knuckle down in training and stay away from so much casual. I need to break a lot of hard wired bad habits.

I am so bad at 1v1. It's clear mechanically I am better than the people I end up playing against because if I don't blow a lead 3 goal in the last 30 seconds I end up winning by 7. It's highlights all my flaws that hold me back. Shit at kick offs, terrible boost management,, indecisive, lack of confidence, bad awareness and placement. I have 1400 hours in this game and I'm still so bad but I love it playing it. I need to knuckle down in training and stay away from so much casual. I need to break a lot of hard wired bad habits.
I know that feeling. It's hard for me to play 1s because it magnifies my flaws so much more than 2s. Doesn't help that I love the air and it's hard to succeed at even a moderately high level with that in 1s. I appreciate 1s more than I used to, though. It's a great form of training once you get used to the stressful nature of it.

You and me both. I find duels frustrating though. I don't know why either, something about the game mode is less fun to me, but I quite enjoy watching them. I definitely need to put more time into ranked though to improve. We have very similar play times too. I do hope to get a lot better this season and playing less casual mode will likely be a part of that.

However with that said, I've been on the verge of dropping this game for quite a while due to the server issues and the situation right now is really not helping. The down time has been off the charts lately to the point I'm probably not even going to bother trying to boot it up on a weekend. The game is so good but the servers recently haven't been good enough to even recommend the game to people right now. It's so frustrating being psyched up to improve but being met with constant down time.

dickroach

some guy just called me for not being good enough to be "gold anything"

he's gonna feel like a dummy when he realized that's what Bronze looks like in S4

Looking forward to when randoms figure out how to play Dropshot instead of chasing the ball 100% of the time.

Granted playing Solo Standard today there are still people who don't understand positioning and rotation, so I ain't holding my breath.

Ballistik

I am so bad at Dropshot, the mode looks fun but I'm having a difficult time. Like everyone else has said, a lot of ball chasing... so every time I think of hitting it, someone flies out of nowhere and hits it away. If people played it more like volleyball and stayed on their sides, then it could be fun. But right now it's just chaotic.

Dang that is nice. How much do these new crates go for now? I have one but wondering if I should save it or trade it now.
Sell it ASAP if you don't mind waiting for items. Crates were worth 4 keys opening day, now they're down to 1-1.5 keys. If you sell it now, you'll be able to get multiple crates for 1 key in a week or less.

Noted, I thought they just came out, damn.
They did just come out on Wednesday, but crate values drop hard after a few days, then level out after a week. The same can partially be said for crate items, though they don't drop as fast, and some of them don't drop at all.

Well that's my 10 placement matches in Solo Standard. Now to never touch that mode again! Seriously though the MM isn't in a much better state than it was at the start of Season 3 at least in that mode. I don't care if I get matched up against champs, but for the love of god don't give me a semi-pro, it's completely impossible to work around if only one team gets somebody so new to the game.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
anyone else getting worse performance on PC since the update? doesn't look as smooth and looks like there are more jaggies on screen. i'm running at 1800p downsampled to 1080p monitor. might need to edit the file again. but other than that there are some frame drops and the game sometimes crashes when i edit in game settings.

Been placed in a division which is far too high for me. I guess I'll appreciate the wheels, and it'll be a good learning experience - but it's not gonna be fun eating up those L's for the foreseeable future.

Top Bottom