• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

I'd bet that price is going to go back up. Nobody is selling it anymore by the looks of it. I want to squeeze in a buy before they start rising again tomorrow.

Just got hexed for 24. Lot of people wanting to sell it. Probably could have gotten it for less but there is no doubt in my mind it will go back up.

I just grabbed one for 24 as well. Took a bit of pushing across a few different people but I got there. Definitely agree that price was temporary. I'm really disappointed by the fur paint too. I dunno why but I expected it to actually be furry.

Shantom

I'm terrible at Dropshot but it's better than I expected it to be.

Did my 2s placements. Finished last season at high Superstar, went 7-3, and placed in Plat 2.

v1lla21

Dropshot is really good. Feels much better than any of the other modes we've received so far. Loving it apart from the motherfuckers who can't hit a ball.

Pepiope

Dropshot is really good. Feels much better than any of the other modes we've received so far. Loving it apart from the motherfuckers who can't hit a ball.
Yeah I imagine it's pretty bad for really low ranked players, but once you're at a level where everyone can go up for the ball well, it's a lot of fun.

v1lla21

Yeah I imagine it's pretty bad for really low ranked players, but once you're at a level where everyone can go up for the ball well, it's a lot of fun.
Bro, there were people who would move out of the way or let it bounce before hitting it... The point is to not let it bounce on your side. Lol. Still super fun though.

Jesus Christ I've been here for seasons 2 and 3 rounds of placement matches, and I really don't remember them being this stressful.
In fact I remember getting matched against complete noobs before, so I thought they'd be a good way to have fun before I'm placed and the work really starts.

Except every single match I'm getting put against opponents who were season 3 Champions.
I'm not doing horribly (4-2 so far) but holy shit, the pressure is high. Thing's more stressful than competitive Overwatch.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Okay.

Dropshot is amazing!!!

I got my first Turbo crate and opened it: A black market decal? My first one. Which one is it going to be? Probably some crap. Hexed? Wow. OMG! Nice one!
*takes a look at previous posts talking about the value of Hexed*
Not bad. Not bad.

I did some Doubles placement matches. Lots of players with the Champion wheels later on. I got placed at Platinum 1.

I have to complete all placement matches for every playlist and then I'll drop out of Ranked for a while. Too many former Champions driving around right now.

Edit:
With all these different playlists separating all players even further we need full crossplay more than ever.

I got placed Gold III in Doubles. Haven't played any other ranked playlists yet because of this new drug called Dropshot. Psyonix, you bastards, you did it. You kind of re-invented Rocket League. Brilliant "don't let the ball touch the floor ( on your team's side )" -vibe that takes me straight back to my childhood. Floor is lava, eh?

So, so good.

Yeah I got placed Gold III in standard, but silver II in doubles. I should have just quit after the first game. After we go up 1-0, my teammate votes to forfeit, and when I refuse he just sits there for a bit, then decides to play with the other team. Of course they end up winning three on one. I reported him but I'm sure nothing will happen.

My following games I just could not catch a break. I know this thread promotes "don't shit on your teammates," but last night was a lesson against that. I just shouldn't play 2's without a partner.

Got placed in platinum II for doubles and almost every game was against a S3 GC or two, lol. I wonder where I'll shake out in the new ranks once everything balances out.

Grinchy

Banned
Does anyone else not have the white circular indicator thing underneath the ball in Dropshot? It works just fine in regular modes, but in dropshot, the white circle just does not show up on the floor for me.

Gandie

Used to be Rising Star in both Doubles and Standard, got matched up with Grand Champions and a ton of champions rocking their sweet purple wheels. Ended up losing a bunch in Standard (Bronze 3) and doing okay in Doubles (Gold 2).

Tawpgun

My only suggestion for drop shot is it needs to be 2 v 2 or they need to change that mechanic that touching the ball negates any effect on your side of the field.

At this point the strategy is just chase the ball because making it your team color makes you safe.

If it was 2 v 2 this would be less of a cluster fuck. If that mechanic was gone it would promote more positioning.

v1lla21

Ballchasing is low level shit. I position myself a lot. Midair Redirects are pretty crucial too. Most just wait for the ball to almost land.

Base endo is now 7 keys on PC. I'm hoping to snag a white painted one next week when the prices hopefully come down.

It's not just the trim that is painted but the entire underside of the car as well.

Base endo is now 7 keys on PC. I'm hoping to snag a white painted one next week when the prices hopefully come down.

It's not just the trim that is painted but the entire underside of the car as well.

Well that's me sold on them. I kinda want it in black or white now. However I'll wait until the price has hit the floor. I hate paying for cars since they fall in value real bad. Painted is new territory with them though so I don't know what to expect on that front.

Well that's me sold on them. I kinda want it in black or white now. However I'll wait until the price has hit the floor. I hate paying for cars since they fall in value real bad. Painted is new territory with them though so I don't know what to expect on that front.

My guess is standard will bottom out at 1 or 2 like all others and painted will be ten max. When it hit's bottom is the question though. I'll be patient since I don't know if i will main the car yet. They said it's slightly taller in height and shorter in length when compared to the dominus.

Jzher has the look I'm going for but his is unpainted. So imagine this painted white with the prospect boost.

SnV0BYa.png

My guess is standard will bottom out at 1 or 2 like all others and painted will be ten max. When it hit's bottom is the question though. I'll be patient since I don't know if i will main the car yet. They said it's slightly taller in height and shorter in length when compared to the dominus.

Jzher has the look I'm going for but his is unpainted. So imagine this painted white with the prospect boost.

I have to say the White Zomba's are really growing on me. I bet they'd look stellar on hexed with white secondary. I just can't justify spending that much on wheels unfortunately. I'd have to sell my whole painted collection for a set, same with the Crimson Volts. Plus with the wheels in these crates it doesn't look like the price will be dropping.

Hale-XF11

We need 2v2 Dropshot ASAP.

I just played with two bots on my team against 3 real players and the game was infinitely easier to play without teammates constantly ball chasing. I dominated nearly the entire game and eventually won by making more calculated hits and it felt good.

I have to say the White Zomba's are really growing on me. I bet they'd look stellar on hexed with white secondary. I just can't justify spending that much on wheels unfortunately. I'd have to sell my whole painted collection for a set, same with the Crimson Volts. Plus with the wheels in these crates it doesn't look like the price will be dropping.

That's the loadout I have right now. Kinda cool looking but I'm just not a huge fan of hexed or any BM decals for that matter. Just waiting for the price to go up and probably gonna sell it in favor of using a nice standard skin.

That's the loadout I have right now. Kinda cool looking but I'm just not a huge fan of hexed or any BM decals for that matter. Just waiting for the price to go up and probably gonna sell it in favor of using a nice standard skin.

I'll likely do the same but I may end up buying it back eventually since I really like this one, way more than heatwave anyway. Btw it's not just me not getting into games right? It looks like it's all running fine going by the player numbers but I can't get a match at all.

Tawpgun

We need 2v2 Dropshot ASAP.

I just played with two bots on my team against 3 real players and the game was infinitely easier to play without teammates constantly ball chasing. I dominated nearly the entire game and eventually won by making more calculated hits and it felt good.

yeah I saw clips of 2v2 play from a guy on a RLCS team and it looks so much better.

I recognize its early in drop shot so people are getting used to it and it might not be as ball chasey as it seems initially (I'm in challenger...can't get out) But 2 v 2 just seems so much better.

Top Bottom