• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Wew. Finally got on and got up to Cold Steel.

Wtf is this. There's a bajillion enemies and despite being told to focus on the Magitek Armour, while my allies pick up the slack, they're doing fuck all.

I'll just say you can actually focus on the armor - while your allies won't kill the others, they shouldn't be killed themselves either and will keep those others off your back. There are additional enemies who will come in during the fight but those are easy enough to kill. If you keep attacking the armor eventually it'll move into a second phase and then once its HP is low enough you'll need to kill it before it finishes a one-minute cast of self-destruct. Once you kill the armor the duty finishes no matter what other enemies are left standing.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Were event dialog boxes always this small on PS4? I can barely read this stuff!

Why is there no way to increase the size of those boxes?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Why is Lyse's new outfit so terrible?
It literally looks like she's wearing an old sports bra and granny pants under that jacket.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
My relief at hitting 60 on RDM and getting started on the 3.X MSQ'S last night was quickly pooped on my the first dungeon queue. This is not a very good time to be DPS queueing for specific pre-SB dungeons.

My relief at hitting 60 on RDM and getting started on the 3.X MSQ'S last night was quickly pooped on my the first dungeon queue. This is not a very good time to be DPS queueing for specific pre-SB dungeons.

I wouldn't limit that to just pre-SB. I queued last night for the first SB dungeon and it took 10 minutes longer to find a group than to beat the actual dungeon.

Kusagari

The fact that everyone couldn't progress and thus got RDM/SAM to 60 in the meantime is assuredly making it even worse.

R0ckman

I'll just say you can actually focus on the armor - while your allies won't kill the others, they shouldn't be killed themselves either and will keep those others off your back. There are additional enemies who will come in during the fight but those are easy enough to kill. If you keep attacking the armor eventually it'll move into a second phase and then once its HP is low enough you'll need to kill it before it finishes a one-minute cast of self-destruct. Once you kill the armor the duty finishes no matter what other enemies are left standing.

Sad. I did the exact opposite of what the game told me and it made the fight easier.

Luigi87

Due to the addition of two DPs Jobs, it makes me less inclined to step away from a healer role.
... Now if only healers would be Adventurers in Need...

Really enjoying Frontlines at the moment. I'd always just assumed that I wouldn't like PvP but everything being broken pushed me to finally give it a shot and I'm glad I did.

R0ckman

The hell is wrong with the other fishers on my server, they are selling easy HQ fish for a fortune. Is this some kind of new material premium?

Blitzhex

Has bard become simpler to play now in terms of rotation and opener, minmaxing?
I know it doesn't have stance dancing and casting anymore, which is really great.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Should all of us folks who bought SB from digital retailers like Greenman and Amazon expect our keys tomorrow?

I know it doesn't have stance dancing and casting anymore, which is really great.

I haven't gotten it to 70 yet, so this is just based off of my knowledge of its changes, but I think that the loss of cast times and the resulting mobility and ease of weaving Empyreal Arrow and your other oGCDs removes a significant barrier to execution. The way the songs work now does mean that you still have a decent amount of things to keep track of, but the job's new design make sure it a lot more comfortable to do so.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I kind of like Lyse. Even though Yda is funnier and more lighthearted, it's nice to see Lyse act like herself, I guess.

Her outfit is okay. The shorts are the same shorts that she always wore. The top and gloves are the only thing that's different.

So far I'm not sure how I feel about the job changes. I think I kinda like the new WAR. It gives you a reason to use all three combos at all times now, and you can quad fell cleave at 60. There are less OGCDs to press, though I think that's a good thing overall.

MCH feels like they just threw half the job out the window. I have no idea how to play it anymore.

Red mage seems fun so far, but it's definitely way more caster than melee. The rotation feels like it might be a little too streamlined unless things get mixed up more at 70.

Blitzhex

I haven't gotten it to 70 yet, so this is just based off of my knowledge of its changes, but I think that the loss of cast times and the resulting mobility and ease of weaving Empyreal Arrow and your other oGCDs removes a significant barrier to execution. The way the songs work now does mean that you still have a decent amount of things to keep track of, but the job's new design make sure it a lot more comfortable to do so.

This sounds really great thanks. Can't wait to get back to bard.

Anoregon

My acher is only 16, but I'm planning to run around doing leves and shit on that while I wait for MSQ dungeon queues on my Redman. Bard and Dragoon are the jobs I am most looking to get cracking on once I actually settle into some endgame stuff on redmage.

Which PVP is best for leveling? PotD is too much of a crapshoot right now, tooe asy to wipe. I tried the Feast or whatever, but exp it gives is barely pocket change

I just ran my first instance yesterday as a tank / dark knight, and was pretty underwhelmed.

Seemed like I just stuck with the 1-2-3 of Hard Slash → Spinning Slash → Power Slash with Unleash in groups and Unmend to hit strays. Just curious, but are you trying to minimize the time you're in Grit so you can take advantage of Blood Weapon? Do you just want to be in Grit all the time?

I don't know...I'd been wanting to play DRK for a long time, but it just felt...not as cool as I'd been expecting... : /

Now, AST on the other hand...

Dark Knight probably won't start feeling decent until you hit level 68 because of their new resource, which requires you to have the level 66 trait in order to actually build it at a decent rate and the level 68 ability (Bloodspiller).

It's like if they made it so Warrior only builds one rage with every attack until they reach level 66. The way things were meted out was dumb imo.

Ideally you want to stay out of Grit as much as possible. Use it when necessary like when pulling something to establish an aggro lead but don't drop it if you're taking so much damage that you're going to die.

After that it's Blood Weapon town.

Blood Price is almost worthless until you get to level 66 because they gutted the mana regain on it so it's pretty much for getting Blood in AOE situations since it will get you a decent amount with the level 66 trait which means you can spam Quietus (level 64 fucking why?).

Unfortunately Dark Knight is going to be sort of boring until you get to almost max level. It wasn't like this before SB but uh someone thought it would be a real great idea to do that in addition to giving DRK their SB abilities in the incorrect order.

Anoregon

Which PVP is best for leveling? PotD is too much of a crapshoot right now, tooe asy to wipe. I tried the Feast or whatever, but exp it gives is barely pocket change

Frontlines is way better xp than feast.

Anoregon

Ah, those take forever to queue up for, shucks. I guess wiping on PotD cuz everyone (mainly me) is too afraid to disconnect to be overly careful

Make sure you have the frelancer option checked in DF. It shouldn't be that bad of a queue.

Nemesis_

I've never played Final Fantasy XIV before and the disappointment that was ESO: Morrowind has made me give this a try.

My Complete Edition arrived in the mail today early. The game installed on my PS4, I booted it, it updated from A Realm Reborn to Stormblood. I booted it. It asked me to enter a code from my case which downloaded something from PSN.

Now I try to boot the launcher and the trademark Final Fantasy music plays but it opens a web browser of sorts and I get the following message.

Code:
the service is unavailable due to maintenance. Please try again at a later time.

It's been happening all day. Is it because my PSN voucher was for FF:XIV and stormblood and whatever or have I done something completely wrong? Should I be able to still play the FFXIV content prior to Stormblood?

Make sure you have the frelancer option checked in DF. It shouldn't be that bad of a queue.

I am currently really impatient, cuz I am exactly half a level away form 60 I really would like to get a chance to get through early story before game fully releases and it gets bottlenecked again

Alo0oy

Banned
I'm going to need to replace my PS4, it keeps bothering me with a "PS4 is too hot" message unless the PS4 is in a very well-cooled room, which takes a while if I wasn't at home and no air conditioner was on.

Does the game have Pro enhancements?

Arkeband

Banned
I've never played Final Fantasy XIV before and the disappointment that was ESO: Morrowind has made me give this a try.

My Complete Edition arrived in the mail today early. The game installed on my PS4, I booted it, it updated from A Realm Reborn to Stormblood. I booted it. It asked me to enter a code from my case which downloaded something from PSN.

Now I try to boot the launcher and the trademark Final Fantasy music plays but it opens a web browser of sorts and I get the following message.

Code:
the service is unavailable due to maintenance. Please try again at a later time.

It's been happening all day. Is it because my PSN voucher was for FF:XIV and stormblood and whatever or have I done something completely wrong? Should I be able to still play the FFXIV content prior to Stormblood?

I mean, it's possible that the PS4 authentication server is... down for maintenance.

Code:

It’s probably happening because the game doesn’t actually launch until Tuesday. The complete edition doesn’t include Early Access, as I understand it.

Edit: I was right, complete edition doesn’t include Early Access, the game doesn’t officially release until June 20.

It's probably happening because the game doesn't actually launch until Tuesday. The complete edition doesn't include Early Access, as I understand it.

Edit: I was right, complete edition doesn't include Early Access, the game doesn't officially release until June 20.
But I would think that shouldn't stop them from playing the game.

Everyone not in early access can still play the non-Stormblood parts of the game.

Any targetting advice for controller players for frontlines? The typical target cycle l1/lb always picks the absolutely fartest target it possibly can >_<

wamberz1

So which tank is the most "fun" to play in Stormblood? Not really looking for the best one but the most enjoyable. Is PLD still boring?
Probably too early to tell. I'm guessing only an extremely small amount of players have all tanks at 70 now, if any do at all.

PLD got some pretty cool changes though, and seems to be the tank job that made out the best of the 3.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Going to try and finish off the MSQ and hit lvl 70 today. Had a really productive day yesterday.

Stepps is a wonderful zone. Lots of fun quests.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Welp, got past the Raubahn/Pip stuff and am currently in Ruby Sea as my 62 SAM. Absolutely love the job on my Roe as I feel like I'm playing my Galka SAM again. \o/

Silav101

Probably too early to tell. I'm guessing only an extremely small amount of players have all tanks at 70 now, if any do at all.

PLD got some pretty cool changes though, and seems to be the tank job that made out the best of the 3.

Yah, PLD tanking is more engaging than before, thanks to the addition of Holy Spirit, being able to block from any angle, block affecting magical damage, and Sheltron having a 5s cooldown and costing 50 gauge, amongst other things.

It does, however, now suffer from aggro generation more than before, as its dps combo now no longer combos from Savage Blade, but from Riot Blade. And, of course, the general drop of tank enmity due to the changes in attack power (reverted to only come from STR, and thus all our accessories are useless for damage output and aggro generation).

Wilsongt

DPs were a mistake. Every queue is over 30m except palace of the dead and all of the tanks/healers in my FC are farther ahead/too busy to queue with me for dungeons they are already past.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

It keeps you busier as you are now weaving through songs every 30s while also maintaining your DoTs(and foes requiem). But it's very straightforward and I suppose easier in terms of required thought.

I do like that BRD songs feel substantive now, but AoE capability is gutted and there isn't much in the way of situational shift. Very little reason or consideration to ever stray from rotation. Not to be considered a bad thing, but it can potentially feel limiting in time.

Kremzeek

I miss my Bard flame ring :(

Although doing the Perfect Pitch at 3 stacks looks so cool! All my friends are like "WTF is THAT!?"

:)

Top Bottom