• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei SYNCHRONICITY PROLOGUE released (free PC 2D platformer)

Opa-Pa

"Prologue" 👀👀

Man I'm excited, but why do they release this when I'm on a business trip... Oh well, hopefully it's good.

Looking forward to some impressions.

zulux21

I'll likely give this a look if someone confirms it doesn't require that much japanese knowledge to get through.

if it does, I suppose I will mostly hope someone manages to make an english patch for it.

The SMT sidescroller is now available for free to download:

SMT-Synchro-Prologue_10-16-17.jpg

http://gematsu.com/2017/10/shin-meg...logue-side-scroller-pc-released-free-download

Credits to lashman.

So, they release the promotional material of a game that's not coming to PC, on PC.

There's so much wrong in the heads of Atlus folks.

Eusis

Missed a prime opportunity for a troll title about Atlus releasing SMT on PC.
Or legit go "new SMT from Atlus EXCLUSIVE TO PC!"

But damn am I glad that this is a real thing and not just a mock up. Hopefully we get at least an English translation for the International release. But even if not we should have someone do a fan translation and hopefully not get C&D'd for it.

I'll likely give this a look if someone confirms it doesn't require that much japanese knowledge to get through.

if it does, I suppose I will mostly hope someone manages to make an english patch for it.

it's just a simple promo game. extensive Japanese knowledge isn't needed to know the controls

Sophia

Just finished
the first boss battle and am now in Stage 2. Also know the entrance to Stage 4, but I haven't gone in there yet. I have Jack Frost and Jack Lantern.

I really like this game a lot. It's like a hybrid of Metroid/Castlevania games mixed in with a Mega Man style shooting with a strength/weakness system.

The remixed Strange Journey is so good. And I'm stupid and don't know how to save.

Died after finding a teleport room with Pyro Jack.

Sophia

Oh man! Can you play as other Jacks? I know the video showed a Demonee-ho item or something, is he playable?

There are multiple playable characters, and you can switch between them at any time. It's necessary too, as some enemies nullify certain attacks of one element. You can also nullify elemental attacks of your own by using the right character.

I suspect there's probably five characters in total, given that's how many elements there are in the game.

Krobon Station (Pharaoh Rebirth+) has been getting quite a bit of work lately, huh? First the Konosuba S2 tie-in platformer, now this.

I'll download and play this later, hopefully when there's a translation.

ResourcefulStar

Neo Member
remember what happened before bayonetta was announced for pc?
Yeah, the retro Bayonetta game was released on Steam, in English. I really want SMT to come to PC, but PC versions of Atlus titles would be targeted at the international market primarily, while this game appears to have been developed as a part of SJ's Japanese promotional campaign.

marmoka

Banned
OMG OMG OMG!!!

Is it available in English?????

Fuck, I have no internet at home. I cannot download it and play it yet!!

Edit: could download it at work. I thought it was for Steam at the beginning but no need.

Top Bottom