• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you rate the PSX conference this year?

MrT-Tar

Easily 9/10, it surpassed my very high expectations. And this is coming from somebody who has never played a Wipeout game (though I intend to change that) and doesn't really like Uncharted or Crash all that much.

Linkyn

I got a few laughs out of the Vita mentions, overall rhythm felt really good, and they had some nice (though not necessarily unexpected) announcements. I think given the format of the show, you probably can't expect extended demos onstage, but I still wish they would have shown more than trailers for some of the games, especially those close-ish to release.

ND's presence with Uncharted and TLoU was about as good as it could be, but outside of that, the presentation was more good than great (the remasters, indies, and VR stuff are a lot closer to neat additions than must-haves for me). At this point, I feel we've seen more than enough of TLG and Horizon, while I'm still not sure what to think of RE 7.

I'm kinda looking forward to some of the Eastern titles, especially Nier: Automata and Ni Oh, but they'll probably end up being wait-and-see type titles unless I have a lot of money lying around. The Knack announcement out of left field was perhaps my favourite moment of the presentation just because of how ridiculous it is, although it only really compares to TLoU Part II because I know that we probably won't see that game until early 2019.

Lastly, while I didn't mind the audience in general, I really wish they would have muted or at least adjusted the audio during trailers. Overall, it was a pretty entertaining way of spending my early Saturday evening, but hasn't really changed my opinion on any of the upcoming games. The ones I'm interested in now, I either already was interested in or would have been either way by virtue of them being sequels to titles I like. Still, I think it's commendable how personal and passionate everything felt and how relatively little filler there was.

Solid 8 / 10 for me.

jjonez18

Naughty Dog has me by the balls / 10

Crash Remastered (Still their baby), Uncharted Standalone DLC, and TLOU Part II

Also confirming some release dates. Early 2017... Oh my god.

Fullmetal-GTO

Neo Member
I really enjoyed the show, the crowd went crazy sometimes lol.

Was hoping to see FROM software, that would have really blown the roof off!

Fantastic show. Uncharted 4 standalone campaign, Last of Us Part II, Yakuza Kiwami and Yakuza 6, Nier Automata release date, a new Marvel vs Capcom game, same-day release of Garou: Mark of the Wolves and UMVC3 on PS4, a fantastic (but brief) Ni-Oh stage presentation (not a part of the main event) and a new Persona 5 trailer (also not part of the main event).

Eeeeeeyup, that's a really good series of events under one larger event as far as my tastes in games go. It's literally just shy of featuring Breath of the Wild from earning my full appreciation -- it had updates on some games I already knew about, comebacks for some of my favorite classics, and brand new announcements I didn't expect and loved seeing come to light.

Based PlayStation. :D

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Meh/10

Seeing Crash in action was nice, and UnChloed should be good. The rest was stuff I don't really want or care much about.

Lucreto

For content 10/10

You can't deny it had something for everyone.

Out of all the games shown I will be getting 5 and two of those will be out in the next 3 months. It was very light on games I would buy.

Highlights were The Last of Us Part 2 and Uncharted DLC.

Glad they didn't waste any time on Spiderman, BB patch or Demon Souls remaster.

CrayToes

9/10. Great pacing, loads of amazing looking titles, barely any fluff and most importantly, very PlayStation.

Best PSX yet.

EmSeta

Some good titles, nothing that really spoke to me personally. ND's games will be good of course, but I would've wanted something more unexpected.

6/10

pbayne

Really good overall clearly aimed at having at least one thing to please everyone type deal. A few lulls like the VR showcase and some of the indies looked weak but Yakuza, Ys, Last of Us 2 and Ni no Kuni made the show really.

Lol i hated the crowd at times though, for not giving Gravity Rush 2 any reaction at all.

Rymuth

9 out of 10

+ Kept it tight
+ Mix of West/Japanese/Indies
+ CoD/Destiny kept really short
+ Lot of surprises.

All in all, this proves that Sony is very much in touch with what Gamers want and expect to see. Only reason I didn't rate it 10 out of 10 is that no conference will ever top the Shenmue/FF7/TLG combo. It's impossible.

orochi91

I went to last year's and it was extremely disappointing. A fun experience to be a part of, but not a great conference.

This year's seemed like a lot of fun with some big new announcements. It had a much faster pace and stayed focused mostly on stuff exclusive to the platform. PSX is a fan event and should be treated as such. It's a place where you can show off trailers for Yakuza games and other hardcore but somewhat niche Japanese titles and get a huge pop from the crowd. Seemed like they honed in on that much better this time around.

+1

Agreed, wholeheartedly.

Akuma
Danganronpa 3
Windjammers
Marvel infinite
UMvC3 port
Nier Automata
Garou

All it was missing for me was DMC5 and something FFVII remake related to be a 10/10

theaface

A solid 9/10 for me. Loses a mark as some of the great IPs featured were only remasters. Still, it was absolutely packed out with something for everybody and the format was pretty much as lean as possible. Loved it.

Melchiah

The Last of Us part 2 and WipEout Omega Collection make it the best conference since the unveiling of Bloodborne and PT for me.

High Rise

Neo Member
Plenty for me to love this year...

+ the last of us part ii
+ ni no kuni
+ patapon and locoroco, legit the only games I ever owned on my PSP! Lol! I have wanted these ported to consoles since before the ps4 was announced!
+ uncharted with Chloe is gonna be sweet
+ crash remake looks good, hopefully time to polish it a little more before release
+ nier release date
+ Gravity Rush 2 dlc

- destiny and COD stuff - just don't care
- knack 2 - if it fixes the problems of the first it could be good
- the Only VR game looks a bit shit
- horizon trailer failed to deliver anything new and this close to release I would have liked to see a new gameplay demo or a story trailer (I still think the story could turn out to be awful).

So pretty much 10/10 for me. loads of games featured that appeal to my tastes which I find quite rare in conferences these days. Could of done with some more ffvii-r footage to top it off though!

It was pretty good.
Uncharted DLC, TLOU 2, Yakuza Kiwami & 6?
and Wipeout and Knack 2?
I'm missing stuff and that already is a great conference.

Alex

Ni no Kuni 2 looks absolutely wonderful
Uncharted DLC looked very bland, to me
Yakuza is always nice
Last of Us sadly wasn't my thing but I'll give it another shot

Close friend just got a PS4 and we got Destiny, which is up our alley but I'm so freshly into it I don't even know what that update even means

Shawn Layden outfit / 10

Seemed like a good conf, but mr Layden needs to dress better for sure. He dresses like a dad that went into a kids clothing store and asked to be dressed like one of the kidz.

Nestunt

5/5

Strong start, better end.

With tons of games in between I want to play.

One of the best conferences (not only PSX) in years.

It had everything.

-90s love
-Western games
-Japanese games
-Indie games
-Sports game
-Fighting games
-Available now
-Race games
-Knack fucking 2 we life in a post Knack 2 world now people.

9.7/10 for TLG(sorry didn't need to see anymore wanna go in dark) COD and Destiny

Also the first 3 panels were really good much better then last year.

I thought it was great.

-Talking kept to a minimum
-Loads of emphasis on games
-Big new announcements like TLOU2
-Nostalgia hits from Crash and Wipeout
-Lot of love for fans of Japanese games and the Vita (I'm not one of them, but I'm glad they took the time)

I can always think of MORE things I want (FF7:R, GOW3, Spiderman) but it never felt like the conference was lacking to me. In a way I'm glad we didn't see more of those games, since that leaves a lot of time for building the games up to an E3 update.

Wabba

So many awful fans that kept interrupting the presenters. Other then that it was a solid show and considering that they showed a part II of the greatest game ever created i have to give it 10 out of 10.

Jimrpg

Kiwami and Yakuza 6 western releases. I'm happy for another year. :)

Well done Sega!

Isn't Shenmue 3 coming out in 2017?

Very solid show, probably best PSX yet! I'll give it a 9/10, would've been a 11/10 OMFG!!1 if they had shown a new Colony Wars game.

Top Bottom