• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you rate the PSX conference this year?

Can't believe we haven't had this thread yet.

An improvement on previous shows? Worse? The crowd was a bit much wasn't it?!

I appreciate the fact that it was a lot more lean in structure and length, just like Sony's E3 conference this year. They trimmed off a lot of the fat and it paid off.

wapplew

Better than The last 2.
Horizon trailer is pretty but still more of the same, lacking new hook. That and Destiny, COD are my only low moments.

GrizzNKev

Banned
9.7/10

-.1 for Destiny
-.1 for Call of Duty
-.1 for rude audience

The diversity of games in style, scope, budget, and culture was unmatched.

7 blue PS Vita's out of 10. Missing God of War 4, Uncharted 4 DLC, and PS4 Pro patch announcement for Bloodborne and NHL 17.
Did you miss the start of the show?

Anyway some great stuff for long time fans and some serious announcements and first looks. There was some filler but it was largely great. 7/10

DMONKUMA

my highlights
-Uncharted Standalone with Chloe
-MvC Infinite
-Yakuza kiwami and 6 localization
-Gravity Rush 2 Raven DLC
-Nier:Autómata release date
-TLOU part 2

8/10

It lagged it bit behind in pace compare to E3 but man TLOU2.....Definitely Sony biggest annoucment this year.

Permanently A

4/10

new mahvel looks disappointing
last of us didn't need a sequel
no spiderman
horizon should have been a gameplay demo
too many remasters

I give points for knack 2 actually looking fun and yakuza 6 and danganronpa localization

LordKano

7/10
+ : Danganronpa V3 next year
+ : Ni No Kuni II looks amazing
+ : Fucking Windjammers

- : Crash doesn't look good
- : Square Enix JP was nowhere to be seen
- : Knack 2 SMH

Good conference overall.

Best PSX so far for sure. I would give it a 9.5 out of 10.

Only thing holding it back was lack of Shenmue and FFVII Remake updates.

ron_bato

I don't know how to give scores to these things, so I'll rate it compared to other conferences from Sony we've had.

- Best PSX conference by far
- Probably Sony's second best conference in the PS4 era, only behind the E3 of dreams conference (this year's E3 was probably my 3rd favorite conference from Sony)

I loved the pacing, and they ended with a bang. Only thing I really missed was Sucker Punch, but I guess they had to space that out to E3 bacause it's clearly not going to be a 2017 game.

My personal highlights:
- Of course The Last of Us 2. That trailer had me pumping my feasts and saying "yes" at 3 am in the freaking morning.
- The Chloe reveal (i missed her so much lol)
- Parapa the Rapper remaster!
- Nex Machina looked soooooooooo dope
- Ni No Kuni 2 gameplay
- Gio Corsi's entire segment was fun as hell

Things I didn't like: The Call of Duty spot and I have a real indifference for Destiny.

4/10

new mahvel looks disappointing
last of us didn't need a sequel
no spiderman
horizon should have been a gameplay demo
too many remasters

I give points for knack 2 actually looking fun and yakuza 6 and danganronpa localization
Is it fair to rank it on what it didn't have? There were some really cool things shown like the trilogy of older remasters like Parrapa and our first look at Crash. Wipeout too baby!

Dio

Banned
Yakuza 6 and Kiwami announcement: awesome
Wipeout collection: awesome, I really wanted 2048 in 60fps and to platinum HD/Fury again/play Zone mode with custom music again
Ys Origin port so people who didn't play it on PC can play it on Vita/PS4: awesome
Ace Combat 7: Awesome
Last Guardian: Awesome
Nier Automata: Awesome
Windjammers online: Awesome
Garou online: Awesome

Awesome/10

Lingitiz

I went to last year's and it was extremely disappointing. A fun experience to be a part of, but not a great conference.

This year's seemed like a lot of fun with some big new announcements. It had a much faster pace and stayed focused mostly on stuff exclusive to the platform. PSX is a fan event and should be treated as such. It's a place where you can show off trailers for Yakuza games and other hardcore but somewhat niche Japanese titles and get a huge pop from the crowd. Seemed like they honed in on that much better this time around.

I don't get the comments and complaints about the audience being OTT. Look at a GAF hype thread and the people here act exactly the same way, if not more exaggerated. Y'all need to get over yourselves, the audience was just having fun.

As for my opinions, I thought it was great. Lots of stuff that I wanted to see more of. A nice end to the year and arguably better than their E3 showing.

baconcow

Did you miss the start of the show?

Anyway some great stuff for long time fans and some serious announcements and first looks. There was some filler but it was largely great. 7/10

Wasn't the beginning UC4 DLC? Or did I miss something?

I missed the first part and thought I read something about it being Tomb Raider. Didn't get the Steam properly going until Marvel vs. Capcom. Should have read the recap.

PlayerOne

Banned
8/10.

Great, way above average. Only a couple of downsides like destiny ans cod. Otherwise, great diversity in games and genres. There's always something for everyone.

Head.spawn

Best one so far.

-nostalgia games
-kojimas game looking ridiculously good
-ugly marvel vs capcom, but better than nothing
-lots of "available today!" Stuff
-tlou sequel is always a positive thing
-uncharted spinoff looks better than the last two uncharteds
-wipeout

Very solid.

Blobbers

I was hoping for a From Soft reveal since they're working on so many games, but other than that it was amazing. 9.6/10

KZObsessed

10/10

Even though a lot of the games don't interest me personally (don't care about crash, wipeout or MvC for example) they gave people a lot of what they wanted and the sheer variety on display shows perfectly why Playstation is the best.

Horizon Zero Dawn <3
Ni No Kuni II
The Last of Us Part II
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Patapon!

Were my personal highlights, but there probably a ton I've forgotten too. There was so much I need to catch up again.

Kthulhu

I don't typically watch these, but it was a million time better than this years E3 (I know GAF loved Sony's conference this year, but I thought it was just okay). Audience needed to take a pill. They got way too hype for stuff that was unrelated to the games.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
No GTA6
No RDR2
No Half-Life 3
No Agent
No Legend of Dragoon 2
No Zelda
No Virtua Fighter 6

But Knack 2, so 9/10.

Top Bottom