• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last of us remastered coming out next week?

I don't see why people give a shit about this. It is a port. Did people not play the original?

I am starting to 'regret' my next gen purchases because apart from FF XIV, which was cheaper than PC doing PS3->PS4, I am playing nothing but PC games and maybe a few minutes of the free games on PS+. My Xbone is even more idle.

30969417230654758911291.gif

sjay1994

I don't see why people give a shit about this. It is a port. Did people not play the original?

I am starting to 'regret' my next gen purchases because apart from FF XIV, which was cheaper than PC doing PS3->PS4, I am playing nothing but PC games and maybe a few minutes of the free games on PS+. My Xbone is even more idle.

Welcome to early adoption.

Kiyo

It won't be an "Available Today" type deal I'm pretty sure. They'll give people some time to get their preorders in (for the preorder bonuses). I'd guess next Friday if they do do it. That way they don't do the shipping to retailers until the day they announce it.

Not everyone did, so those are getting a really nice first experience. For everyone else who did, they want to play it again because it's brilliant. 1080p 60fps will transform the look and feel of the game. It will look better and play better. TLOU pushed the PS3 to its limits, and it really struggled in some areas. The gameplay deserves more performance, and the art deserves more fidelity.

ramuh

Holy shit, can you imagine Sony's E3?

"We're pleased to announce The Last of Us Remastered is coming out... today."

Isn't their press briefing at like 6 PM EST? Seems a little late to release the same day. If that is the case I could imagine a possible Midnight release or the next day.

panda-zebra

Any chance the staff at the Barnsley branch are getting confused and it's the actual release info that's coming next week, not the game itself?

WITHE1982

I'll pop into GAME on my way home and ask the lads if they've heard anything.

I'm still hoping for a PS3 upgrade for £10 though. I'm also hoping my muliplayer progress carries over as I don't fancy having to get the Skull mask again.

Andrew.

Banned
Isn't their press briefing at like 6 PM EST? Seems a little late to release the same day. If that is the case I could imagine a possible Midnight release or the next day.

Yeah so start stoking your game boners and start stalking out GameStops the day before or so to see if copies are in.

Schryver

I was certainly hoping that Sony would annouce it for release the day after their e3 conference. Would be a great idea considering it's only a remaster and not a brand new game that would benefit from more marketing

Just GAME's lingo for preorder a game as you redeem a preorder. It also gets you double reward points.

Thanks for explaining the nonsense. Stuff like this makes me happy I avoid most big stores when I buy games - unless they have a really good trade in offer going.

bigkrev

My guess is that if they have nothing left for the year, they are going to hold it for September/holiday, just to have something to market. If it comes out now, that's a sign they still have stuff for later in the year.

fedexpeon

Banned
Dang, if the secret gift is a downloadable code for TLoU I am going to be so mad for not reserving a seat for the movie theater event.

But anyway...

bart-scott-can-t-wait-o.gif

CAN'T WAIT! PS4 REMASTERED! MINE! NOW!

Top Bottom