• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX |OT| Modern Boardfare

Anyone else having problem with constant freezing? Not during geotag pick ups or anything, but during loading. This game have caused my PS3 to freeze more times in a month than all other games combined for 2 years.

Dont see it on eu psn yet :(. Gonna beat all my previous tricky scores now that im lvl 11 with Eddie. See y'all on the slopes!

Already beat that bulldog score from grassclipper and just beat my old serenity score. I Cant Stop Who Gon Stop Me blasting through my speakers.

Dammit!

Zanosuke

Anyone else having problem with constant freezing? Not during geotag pick ups or anything, but during loading. This game have caused my PS3 to freeze more times in a month than all other games combined for 2 years.

You are not alone. It happens sometimes when I load a new event or when I'm about to choose a mod. It's a shame because the game is really fun : )

red731

Nope, but first loading screen after starting the game takes ages.
I haven't tried it offline for it to be faster as I assume that the slowdown is because of ridernet connecting with servers.

But now that I think about it, when I get the game, I freezed on me for like two times, but that never happened again.

iFootball

You are not alone. It happens sometimes when I load a new event or when I'm about to choose a mod. It's a shame because the game is really fun : )

Hmm... I'm on PS3 too and I've never had the game freeze on me... even thought I've played it for hours and hours since launch

red731

Mount Fuji friends. Come and beat me. Need someone who me and friend can beat this evening.

home run: 2:08.59
99 assassins: 2:02.63
area zero: 1:00.58

142/159 drops... africa, africa...

What's the collect with high earn with low method?

Since no one else answered. You pick a high level character and go around collecting geotags on a drop, then restart instead of finishing. Then when you're in the chopper you hit triangle/y to change character to a low leveled one. Makes your characters level up faster.

red731

Since no one else answered. You pick a high level character and go around collecting geotags on a drop, then restart instead of finishing. Then when you're in the chopper you hit triangle/y to change character to a low leveled one. Makes your characters level up faster.

Keanu-Whoa-44999483381.jpeg

I didn't know this. Thanks

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Just played the game for the first time since the patch, and... why are people saying it fixes the PS3 deadzone issues? It doesn't. It might make the deadzone a tiny bit smaller (I haven't tested it enough to confirm this), but it definitely doesn't eliminate it. Oh well!

JaseMath

Just played the game for the first time since the patch, and... why are people saying it fixes the PS3 deadzone issues? It doesn't. It might make the deadzone a tiny bit smaller (I haven't tested it enough to confirm this), but it definitely doesn't eliminate it. Oh well!

It certainly a lot better IMO.

MMaRsu

Banned
Its so much tighter since the patch. I would know, i play this a lot.

soultron

Banned
Hey guys! The SSX Community Manager has informed me that the team has figured out the cause of the geotag freezing bug. Apparently, if you've collected more than 1000 GTs, you run the risk of freezing.

I don't know if this requires a patch or can be fixed via a server-side hotfix, so I'll give you more information as I get it! In the meantime, I'd back down from collecting GTs, whenever possible, just in case. (Sorry, GT hunters!)

Hey guys! The SSX Community Manager has informed me that the team has figured out the cause of the geotag freezing bug. Apparently, if you've collected more than 1000 GTs, you run the risk of freezing.

I don't know if this requires a patch or can be fixed via a server-side hotfix, so I'll give you more information as I get it! In the meantime, I'd back down from collecting GTs, whenever possible, just in case. (Sorry, GT hunters!)
Yeah I'll be taking a break in that case

Started to play around a bit a couple of days ago trying to get badges and what not, now I'm 3 badges away from a platinum trophy. Got like 10 trophies yesterday. Only got compete 50 times in a trick/survive/custom event left on the Global Events trophy. Wasn't something I expected when I got the game.

Minamu

So I guess that the DLC unlocks Mt Fuji for the Euro Xbox 360 players and not the American Xbox 360 players. I want that track!
It's six or seven events spread over 2 major slopes that end in the same path. And they're littered with death traps all over.

Any tips on leveling 9-10? It seems to be taking longer than 1-9 took me wtf.
Here's what I do.

1. Start a custom global event on a course you like, make it for 10-20 minutes
2. Go into that course with a level 10 character
3. Pick up as many geotags as possible. The highest value ones I believe are 144K credits.
4. Do a bunch of runs, you can finish the run and go hit restart.
5. Then go into Explore, pick a short course and the guy you want to level up.

When the run is finished all those credits your level 10 guy accumulated will cash in for your lower level guy. There have been times where I've cashed in over half a million at one go.

I believe the jump from 9 to 10 takes 2 million credits.

Curufinwe

Grinding those Global Events to get the Gold Spender trophy is really boring, but I just need to do 20 more races and I'll have it.

This applies to online only, or also offline?

Clunker

Hey all - I don't post much anymore, but I picked up SSX when it went on sale on Amazon and I'm loving the shit out of it. I saw the Google Doc in the OP but I didn't know who is still playing regularly. I'm on 360 and my GT is Holden Cawffle, so if I send a few friend requests, it's me. :p And please add me if you don't mind a solid silver/bronze-medaling player!

AndyD

aka andydumi
:lol

Elise retro costume from Tricky?

I think so. I loved that costume. I really need to level Elise up.

I do have a question. What's the XP/money split for tags collected? And colors?

I feel like I used to get 100-200k xp in tag runs and now I get 10-20k max per run. Picking up the same amount of tags, 3-6 per run of all colors. Did they tweak it some? I pick up a tag which will say 60k or more in the popup,, then a couple more the same, then xp at the end of the round is 10k.

I think so. I loved that costume. I really need to level Elise up.

I do have a question. What's the XP/money split for tags collected? And colors?

I feel like I used to get 100-200k xp in tag runs and now I get 10-20k max per run. Picking up the same amount of tags, 3-6 per run of all colors. Did they tweak it some? I pick up a tag which will say 60k or more in the popup,, then a couple more the same, then xp at the end of the round is 10k.
You get more XP depending on what character you use, so a level 10 character gets more XP for the same geotag as a lower level character. I asked one of the devs about colors but I forget the answer; it seemed random to me.

I know they definitely didn't tweak anything to give us less credits.

AndyD

aka andydumi
You get more XP depending on what character you use, so a level 10 character gets more XP for the same geotag as a lower level character. I asked one of the devs about colors but I forget the answer; it seemed random to me.

I know they definitely didn't tweak anything to give us less credits.

Do you mean a lower level gets more than a higher level? If so, it may make sense based on what I see. Where when I was lower level I got more XP for collecting, but at higher level I get less xp but same amount of money.

I think the only thing I figured as to colors is: white is one I placed (so i cannot pick it up), purple is a game set one (500 or so of them), and green/orange are set by players.

Do you mean a lower level gets more than a higher level? If so, it may make sense based on what I see. Where when I was lower level I got more XP for collecting, but at higher level I get less xp but same amount of money.

I think the only thing I figured as to colors is: white is one I placed (so i cannot pick it up), purple is a game set one (500 or so of them), and green/orange are set by players.
Well there is no money in the traditional sense. There's just credits (I shouldn't have used the term XP at all.) But no I am POSITIVE that higher level characters earn more from Geotags in general than lower level characters. That being said though there are different amounts you can get from any given geotag. For example with a level 10 character I can pick up a geotag valuing from 14K credits to 144K credits with a few steps in between. A lower level character would earn less than 14K or 144K credits from those same geotags.

However it is possible that if you were lucky a lower level character could pick up a geotag that is higher valued than a lower tier (14K) geotag a higher level character could get.

Hope that makes any kind of sense. Bottom line is if you're geotag hunting you should be using a level 10 character.

You may be right about the colors but I could have sworn I've seen different colored snowflakes.

AndyD

aka andydumi
But there is still a distinction between money/credits (for buying things) and xp (for leveling). I think tags have two values associated with them. One is xp you get and one is money you get.

I tag hunt for the xp not the credits/money because at lower levels tags get you tons of experience. It makes it easy to level up a low lvl character. Easiest way I have figured out anyway.

But after the patch my lvl 8-9 characters have started getting very little xp while still getting the money/credits. I pick up a tag and see 60,000 in the popup, then after the race/trick run i get 10,000 experience. It used to be that I saw 60,000 in the popup, then received 60,000 experience. So I wonder if we still get the same amount of credits/money but no longer the same xp. I need to test with a lvl 1 and a lvl 9 for the same color tags.

So I wonder how the money/credit values are determined and how the xp values are determined for each tag. And I agree with you there are more colors than that, but I have no idea what they do. I wish we had a solid manual to explain this stuff.

But there is still a distinction between money/credits (for buying things) and xp (for leveling). I think tags have two values associated with them. One is xp you get and one is money you get.

I tag hunt for the xp not the credits/money because at lower levels tags get you tons of experience. It makes it easy to level up a low lvl character. Easiest way I have figured out anyway.

But after the patch my lvl 8-9 characters have started getting very little xp while still getting the money/credits. I pick up a tag and see 60,000 in the popup, then after the race/trick run i get 10,000 experience. It used to be that I saw 60,000 in the popup, then received 60,000 experience. So I wonder if we still get the same amount of credits/money but no longer the same xp. I need to test with a lvl 1 and a lvl 9 for the same color tags.

So I wonder how the money/credit values are determined and how the xp values are determined for each tag. And I agree with you there are more colors than that, but I have no idea what they do. I wish we had a solid manual to explain this stuff.
Well there is a set number of credits for each geotag you collect but they apply both to your money and your character's XP progress.

Not sure about regular global events but in custom global events, the credits you got while collecting geotags do not contribute to your character's XP even when you finish the run. I generally go do a short run in Explore and then all the credits I've gotten suddenly rack up on whatever character I was using in Explore (not Global Events.)

This is why I use this 'exploit' of sorts to level up my dudes. Create a custom global event; do a bunch of runs just collecting geotags with a level 10 dude; then finish a run in Explore with a character I want to level up. The lower level character gets all the XP from all the geotags I picked up as the higher level character.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Ahh. I need to go home and try this. So this is the infamous pick up with high level redeem on low level "trick". I was playing all global events from the auto suggestions. I wonder if I will go home start an explore on a lvl 1 and have him/her skyrocket.

I see. That may well be what was going on. I'll test more and see.

Ahh. I need to go home and try this. So this is the infamous pick up with high level redeem on low level "trick". I was playing all global events from the auto suggestions. I wonder if I will go home start an explore on a lvl 1 and have him/her skyrocket.

I see. That may well be what was going on. I'll test more and see.
Yep exactly, good luck!

Top Bottom