• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX |OT| Modern Boardfare

O hai guise

FfVbBl.jpg

RdIIbl.jpg

iFootball

So, soultron... SSX @ Spot #5 for last months NPS... based on the numbers captures up to this point, it must have sold more than 230K (compared to spot #7).... what's your take on this?...

Man, I fucking suck at this game. I keep holding A to gain speed like it's Tony Hawk and that's fucking me up a lot, haha.

I will get it but I find the controllers to be quite bad, at least in terms of getting to grips with them. Not very newbie friendly.

red731

Man, I fucking suck at this game. I keep holding A to gain speed like it's Tony Hawk and that's fucking me up a lot, haha.

I will get it but I find the controllers to be quite bad, at least in terms of getting to grips with them. Not very newbie friendly.

Don't use classic control layout, use the standard.
Don't hype yourself to finish line and go down, slalom-ly to get the hang of the turning.
Jump at the tip of kickers and everything(you can jump off everything).
Try to jump and when in air press one of the face buttons to get hang of tricking.
After you do this for all the face buttons, hold down jump button and hold left stick wherever you want - this is prewinding, you'll rotate much faster doing this.
Then add the tricks to it. - Don't mash buttons, but hold only one button and spin in one direction.
After you will get comfortable with spining and basic tricking, try and do this -
press(ps3 here) square(left hand) and hold triangle or x.
Right hand is circle and up(tri) or down(x) - you now know which hand touches where.
After this, hold R2 to TWEAK the one trick which you are spinning in one direction.

When you drop of heli, do tweaked trick for in. prewind, trick left hand up and tweak.
One more time and you are in tricky with unl. turbo and race down.
If you race it, don't kick out of kickers, but jump before them so you'll fly over them - lower to the ground.

Hope some of that helps..

Xun

Don't use classic control layout, use the standard.
Don't hype yourself to finish line and go down, slalom-ly to get the hang of the turning.
Jump at the tip of kickers and everything(you can jump off everything).
Try to jump and when in air press one of the face buttons to get hang of tricking.
After you do this for all the face buttons, hold down jump button and hold left stick wherever you want - this is prewinding, you'll rotate much faster doing this.
Then add the tricks to it. - Don't mash buttons, but hold only one button and spin in one direction.
After you will get comfortable with spining and basic tricking, try and do this -
press(ps3 here) square(left hand) and hold triangle or x.
Right hand is circle and up(tri) or down(x) - you now know which hand touches where.
After this, hold R2 to TWEAK the one trick which you are spinning in one direction.

When you drop of heli, do tweaked trick for in. prewind, trick left hand up and tweak.
One more time and you are in tricky with unl. turbo and race down.
If you race it, don't kick out of kickers, but jump before them so you'll fly over them - lower to the ground.

Hope some of that helps..
Are the classic controls really that gimped?

I'm using them and they seem fine.

From the SSX facebook:

SSX fans have shown their love for the game’s rich history. We love that history as well, and that’s why we’re excited to be bringing some classic elements to the newest SSX release in our upcoming DLC release. We’ll be letting you know more on Monday, but for now we’re off to launch some fireworks in celebration.

red731

Are the classic controls really that gimped?

I'm using them and they seem fine.

They are fine now, as Cuban stated. The patch fixed the rotation speeds.
I think that for newcomers(like me haha), is the standard better.

...noob controls
pecub.jpg

They are fine now, as Cuban stated. The patch fixed the rotation speeds.
I think that for newcomers(like me haha), is the standard better.

...noob controls
http://i.imgur.com/pecub.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

let me guess. You also liked [URL="http://www.thunderboltgames.com/features/article/fashion-in-videogames-the-ten-best-dressed-characters-feature-for-all-none.html"]Viggo Rolig in SSX3[/URL]?

but seriously, that article has to be a massive troll by an SSX3 fan, right?

soultron

Banned
So, soultron... SSX @ Spot #5 for last months NPS... based on the numbers captures up to this point, it must have sold more than 230K (compared to spot #7).... what's your take on this?...

It's been a slow year for software, but I think it performed well. Its debut in the UK was at the top of the charts that week, on both platforms, outselling FIFA12 and MW3.

I'd also like to see how the sales ($40) affected it in the tail end of March.

I'd like to see WW #s, but who knows if we will anytime soon.

The fact that ORC outsold it is kind of depressing sure, but shooting things has so much more appeal it seems. Maybe they should've stuck to COD on snowboards? (I kid. It was never that to begin with, if anyone needs a reminder.)

MacAttack

Just wanted say how this game reminds me of 1080: Avalanche. Almost seems closer to that than SSX in some ways. Not that thats a bad thing for me, but I think thats why some SSX vets might have been turned off.

Just wanted say how this game reminds me of 1080: Avalanche. Almost seems closer to that than SSX in some ways. Not that thats a bad thing for me, but I think thats why some SSX vets might have been turned off.

This is GAF son, your next post better explain why you feel that way...

WE DEMAND EXPLANATION FOR SUCH HERACY BLANKET OPINIONS!

From the SSX facebook:

Here are some puzzle pieces we're going to drip feed you guys one by one, then follow it up with a couple lines that don't really say anything, just to get your attention so you'll pay more attention when we actually tell you what the DLC is going to be some time next week

MacAttack

This is GAF son, your next post better explain why you feel that way...

WE DEMAND EXPLANATION FOR SUCH HERACY BLANKET OPINIONS!
Mostly the sensation of speed and simplified controls. I remember coming over to SSX after playing 1080 and being put off by the slower pace and having to learn the different inputs for ubers. Throw in the deadly decent vs avalanche (the last level of avalanche was awesome/frustrating) comparison and I think you can see where I'm coming from.

btkadams

it's monday! i guess they're going to post about the dlc later in the day?

Wtb a patch that removes all the death pits and if it sells enough they should fire all people involved in adding the death pits.
rewind is probably the real problem. all of the ramps and rails leading into the billion pits were most likely designed with rewind in mind. it was a stupid addition that no player uses because it destroys a run. it's completely pointless.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
rewind is probably the real problem. all of the ramps and rails leading into the billion pits were most likely designed with rewind in mind. it was a stupid addition that no player uses because it destroys a run. it's completely pointless.

People that don't go for perfect runs use it. I use it because I have to after getting so frustrated. It is pretty incredible that they intentionally don't show what's below you before you get big air and you are at the mercy of the game. The cave stuff in particular where you have to land on a tiny sliver of land. Horrible.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Still 8 hours to go. I will laugh if all we get is a facebook post at 8 tonight saying stay tuned for exciting news coming soon!

AndyD

aka andydumi
The page is hammered:

Today we’re proud to announce that on 05.01.2012 we’ll be releasing the SSX Mt. Eddie & Classic Characters Bundle Pack. Mt. Eddie is a TRICKY inspired, ultra-long mountain that features 9 new Race and Trick drops, and is filled with huge kickers, ridiculous grinds, a halfpipe, fireworks, and a whole lot more – the classic SSX experience! This DLC bundle pack also comes with 7 retro SSX characters from SSX 3 and Tricky, each with a unique snowboard. And as if that weren’t enough, this pack also includes 3 classic music tracks.

You can even get these elements separately in the SSX Mt. Eddie Pack or the SSX Classic Characters Pack. Leading up to the May 1st launch we’ll be showing off what exactly we’re releasing with character images, gameplay videos and a live Q&A with the development team talking about the new DLC.

Stay tuned to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/easportsssx for the latest news, and read on to see details on the pack breakdowns.

See you on the slopes!

Team SSX

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pricing

• SSX Mt. Eddie & Classic Characters Bundle Pack - $7.99

• SSX Classic Characters Pack - $5.99

• SSX Mt. Eddie Pack - $5.99

Mt. Eddie Pack

• Mt. Eddie – an over the top, TRICKY inspired, ultra-long track (9 drops)

• Retro music tracks including two from previous SSX games

Classic Characters Pack

• SSX classic cast featuring 7 characters

• Each character comes with an assortment of outfit colourways

• 7 unique snowboards – one for each of the characters in the pack

Mt. Eddie & Classic Characters Pack

• Everything in the Mt. Eddie Pack

• Everything in the SSX Classic Characters Pack

SSX_DLC_Elise1.jpg

SSX_DLC_Elise2.jpg

Classic Tricky style, love it. I hope its daytime and nighttime both. And why do they show Elise when she is in the game now. Are we also getting new outfits for current characters? Its unclear.

YYYYEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

This mountain is instantly the best one in the game and I havent't seen any of the tracks yet. Great price too.

And why do they show Elise when she is in the game now. Are we also getting new outfits for current characters? Its unclear.

I think the characters are going to be "Classic" versions of the veteran cast, not necessarily brand new characters.

Classic Elise
Classic Psymon
Classic Kaori
Classic Zoe
Classic Mac
Classic Moby
Classic Eddie/Griff

Minamu

Shutupandtakemymoney.gif

Will buy. Got platinum the other day but I still haven't seen 100+ of the drops in explore o_O That's crazy to me.

Uh, yeah. I'm buying this.

I'm not looking forward to leveling up 7 more dudes though, assuming they count as separate characters (which is what it sounds to me like.)

soultron

Banned
Uh, yeah. I'm buying this.

I'm not looking forward to leveling up 7 more dudes though, assuming they count as separate characters (which is what it sounds to me like.)

If Elise is any indication, it miiiiight just be reskins. Perhaps they're separate classic versions of characters we already have. In any case, if they were to add missing characters and give them their own sig Ubers, that'd just be going above and beyond any expectations I have! c:

Top Bottom