• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX |OT| Modern Boardfare

soultron

Banned
gondee (GAFer and admin of the biggest and baddest SSX fansite, merqurycity.com) also got a piece:

puzzle%231.jpg

BEATEN so badly....

FIREWORKS! I hear the SSX Hype Train starting to rumble again.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Yeah like a jet hang glider

Yep. Although how would you realistically use it? The squirrel suits in the game currently let you glide a long way anyway.

I see use for a slightly controlled upwards jet, to give you a chance for a huge trick loaded fall.

The green thing looks like a board to me. Since it isn't attached to her feet she is obviously doing an uber, and that is why it is in her hands.

soultron

Banned
We'll -- without a doubt -- be getting more info/pieces from other Merq members, so stay tuned! I'm willing to put money on the FB page having info too. :p

This is a reminder that I need to get Gold again. I started playing Dark Souls (one of the devs on SSX told me it was awesome) so I've been a little distracted lately. Exams are almost done though!

Revenant

Hello SSX-GAF

just got this game and I'm loving it, brings back a lot of that SSX nostalgia for me. That being said I'm kind of confused by the MP, how do I go about adding more people as rivals. Is it only who is on your friends list? I only have a few people that have SSX so if there is anyway to get some more rivals for XBL i'd be happy!

gamertag is Revenant067 if it's just through friends list and anyone wants another rival.

Minamu

We'll -- without a doubt -- be getting more info/pieces from other Merq members, so stay tuned! I'm willing to put money on the FB page having info too. :p

This is a reminder that I need to get Gold again. I started playing Dark Souls (one of the devs on SSX told me it was awesome) so I've been a little distracted lately. Exams are almost done though!
It is. One of the best this generation ^^

soultron

Banned
Hello SSX-GAF

just got this game and I'm loving it, brings back a lot of that SSX nostalgia for me. That being said I'm kind of confused by the MP, how do I go about adding more people as rivals. Is it only who is on your friends list? I only have a few people that have SSX so if there is anyway to get some more rivals for XBL i'd be happy!

gamertag is Revenant067 if it's just through friends list and anyone wants another rival.

There's a list at the bottom of the first post in this thread if you want to add some of us GAFers!

Curufinwe

I like Dark Souls less after hearing the developers used it as inspiration for all the death pits in SSX.

I think so too. A pack of tracks and costumes with perhaps new gadgets thrown in.

More gadgets? Please god no.

If they haven't gotten the hint yet that most people don't like the gadgets, they'd be wise to learn fast. Any DLC that ships requiring the use of gadgets is an instant NO BUY for me. Unless we're talking about the wing suit. That was the only gadget I felt added something to the game.

soultron

Banned
I like Dark Souls less after hearing the developers used it as inspiration for all the death pits in SSX.

Dark/Demon's Souls was used as inspiration because of things like Bloodstains/ghost data with which the community teaches one another how to get progressively better at the game. I've heard this directly from the developers. Neuro probably has too, since he plays with the same devs I do.

@BBear: I definitely like some gadgets more than others. O2 is my least favourite, but I enjoy all the others, for the most part. I'm actually a fan of the Survive It stuff, so I wouldn't mind if they brought more of that. The DLC is most likely going to be aimed squarely at fans, so I think you'll have your wish, however.

Yeah the idea of geotags was definitely inspired by Demon/Dark Soul's multiplayer (where you could put signs and things down for other people to see in their games.)

soultron

Banned
Yeah the idea of geotags was definitely inspired by Demon/Dark Soul's multiplayer (where you could put signs and things down for other people to see in their games.)

The beauty of Dark Souls's online mechanics (all 234245 of them) is astonishing. It's flabbergasting how creative and well-thought out they are. I've not been wowed by a video gamey video game in a long time.

Aside from SSX and Dark Souls, nothing has gotten me as excited to turn my console on in years.

Hale-XF11

I really don't play this game much anymore, but I think some brand new and better designed tracks with no death pits might get me interested in playing again.

edit: Also, no stupid deadly descents. They ruined an otherwise OK game. Just more Serenity type tracks, please.

At what point are we allowed to post this as news in the regular Gaming Forum? This might be something that would get more people to purchase the game.

soultron

Banned
At what point are we allowed to post this as news in the regular Gaming Forum? This might be something that would get more people to purchase the game.

As we get the complete picture, I will do that, yeah. I tipped Kotaku, Joystiq, and The Verge Gaming/Polygon, so if they pick it up, it's even more substance with which to make an actual thread.

If you'd like to do that right now, feel free, my SHREDDING BROTHER!

vix

I've been putting it together and posting it on merq...at first I was just using a generic file but EA posted a template so I started using that.

puzzleEAtemplate1.jpg

AndyD

aka andydumi
Haha. It's just the handflares that happen when in TRICKY mode. :p

Yep. Hopefully they focus less on gadgets and more on making the ones we have integrate better.

But I like the nighttime trick arena look of the puzzle. I hope they have a good roadmap for DLC like Burnout as you said in the other thread.

soultron

Banned
Yep. Hopefully they focus less on gadgets and more on making the ones we have integrate better.

But I like the nighttime trick arena look of the puzzle. I hope they have a good roadmap for DLC like Burnout as you said in the other thread.

You outline and pitch your DLC plans when you pitch the actual games these days, I assume. :p

MMaRsu

Banned
I've been putting it together and posting it on merq...at first I was just using a generic file but EA posted a template so I started using that.

puzzleEAtemplate1.jpg

Hmm that kind of looks like Serenity to me!

Either way, please have fireworks + oldschool SSX outfits + LONG tricky courses without deathpits! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE :D :D

vix

I woke up to see my inbox had a puzzle piece as well so here ya go...

puzzle5.jpg

puzzleWIP4.jpg

Someone else posted their piece so here it is:

puzzleWIP5.jpg

Hey MMaRsu, I took down both of your scores on Broken Pass. It does not belong to you. And I took down you Bulldog score as well just to prove a point.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I hate how the game teases the SSX website but there is little useful on it. Give us ridernet online a la battlelog/autolog.

Hey guys, I got this game a while ago and I'm in need of some rivals on psn. Fireworks are looking sweet.

psn: flakari

(I probably won't beat anyone's scores on here)

Haven't played in a few weeks (been crazy busy) and just found out about this puzzle thing. This is exciting news. We're definitely getting some sort of DLC / upgrade-patch. That's obviously Elise' Tricky outfit so I guess we're getting costumes and fireworks at the least.

Top Bottom